The Official CAG January 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wiggyx']I swear I've seen you post some of those before. Are you just starting to go back to your shelves and randomly grab stuff to show off again? :p[/QUOTE]

I sometimes pick up duplicates of anime just as people do with games, so that could be it, but nothing from these pictures are duplicates, so I dunno what to tell ya. :3

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Mine? I could swear they are working, no? I'll try image shack if not.[/QUOTE]
they working now. they weren't the first time i checked :D

If you don't find space for Two Worlds in your already filled space of anime I will gladly take it from you, =P that thing is huge!

[quote name='Squarehard']I sometimes pick up duplicates of anime just as people do with games, so that could be it, but nothing from these pictures are duplicates, so I dunno what to tell ya. :3[/QUOTE]

LOL! I was completely joking, but it's good to see that you actually are that level of crazy collector ;)

I was mostly shocked that you didn't already have that SF disc.

It's actually not that hard, I do it all the time with movies. The biggest one is with NES games, I really need to catalog what I have because I'm always buying dupes.

[quote name='wiggyx']LOL! I was completely joking, but it's good to see that you actually are that level of crazy collector ;)

I was mostly shocked that you didn't already have that SF disc.[/QUOTE]

I know you were, but a realistic answer applied in this case, so why not. ;D

Been so long. Nice to be in the green.
Dragon's Dogma with credit from Best Buy for $40. Zero Escape trade with CAG, and 3DS case from Club Nintendo.
68ECCD27-E7D0-4920-9C5E-CC51A04E9BF1-3920-00000342AA947754.jpg

Love those 3DS cases! Want one so bad.

Nothing exciting here, but I've been looking for Fearless Vampire Killers forever, so I'm excited :D

60E616DD-6F14-4071-8C83-FAD7AE520668-278-00000035EA6D6AA4.jpg

The 3 games were a buck a pop, so I couldn't pass em up.

IMG_1134_zps8d250bc6.jpg

Still don't have a 3DS (I'm still waiting for a bundle to my liking). So glad I was on CAG when KH 3D popped up in stock. Went and snagged Abyss today with a PUR coupon. Shockingly they still had a sealed one :shock:

IMG_1133_zpsa2649a0d.jpg

IMG_1132_zps1fc39776.jpg

IMG_1131_zps6bd9c1de.jpg

After I made that thread about PS2, I decided to stop by all the pawn shops in town cuz I had not been to them in a while. I hit a jackpot at one of them. Weird combo of games here but I asked the guy and he said some kid brought these in so pretty much all from the same person. Anywho. They were supposed to be $2 each. Talked him down to give me a discount cuz he had been sitting on these for a while. Got 41 games for $65 :D Awesome thing is alot of these I have been wanting and need for the ole collection. I hate to think what I might have missed out on. Need to hit up the pawn shops around here a lot more often! I did procure a few doubles from this lot too. I have em up on my TL.

IMG_1135_zpsc7e000af.jpg

Stopped back by the videogame section while I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening and found these. I didn't hoard them all, I left 2 on the rack at the end cap. May keep 1 or just eBay all 4 of these. :lol:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
IMG_1135_zpsc7e000af.jpg

Stopped back by the videogame section while I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening and found these. I didn't hoard them all, I left 2 on the rack at the end cap. May keep 1 or just eBay all 4 of these. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why? Are they rare?

Why do people think they are worth money? I'm sure they printed off a zillion copies and EVERYONE is buying 2 or more. They won't EVER be worth anything.

[quote name='wiggyx']Why do people think they are worth money? I'm sure they printed off a zillion copies and EVERYONE is buying 2 or more. They won't EVER be worth anything.[/QUOTE]

You can sell them now for $30.

[quote name='elessar123']You can sell them now for $30.[/QUOTE]

That or help a CAG out, I know there were a lot of them that couldn't find one, I know I was lucky.

Sexy steelbook time.
ps3.gif
Afrika $9 (w/PUR)
wii.gif
Opoona $4.49 (w/PUR)
wii.gif
Heavenly Guardian $1.70 (w/PUR)
Gamecube games:
Grabbed Super Monkey Ball 2 and Sonic Gems Collection for $5 each from Goodwill. Luigi's Mansion was missing the game so they gave it to me for free (artwork is kind of
shaqfu.gif
ed up. The case looked like a dog ate it up, some went through to the artwork, I switched out the case with a spare I had). The rest I got from Gamestop for 75%+10% off

005-1_zpscf34605f.jpg

003-2_zpse5e6ed90.jpg

I traded a sealed copy of the last remnant (360) for the copy of fatal frame
and i got Shenmue limited edition from ebay. I think i got a good deal on the Shenmue since it's complete and it's like new.. The original owner really took care of it. It includes the soundtrack cd making it a total of 5 cds.

I love Shenmue.. too bad i don't have a dreamcast to play it ;D

51845255.jpg

I can't imagine paying 30 bucks for that issue of NP. Almost makes me want to go out tomorrow and buy like 50 copies and flip them to all the idiots.

I got a copy of Sonic CD for the Sega CD today for $10! I have no idea what it goes for, but I've just always wanted a copy for my collection (I've only played it on PC/Gems Collection/XBLA, even though I own a Sega CD...)

My friend found a copy of Bassmaster 2000 for the N64, in a grey cart variant. I guess this is one of the rarest N64 variant colors out there? He paid $10 and it goes for upwards of $70+ on ebay from what he was saying.

Haven't posted in a while.
Bought the top half of the first pic at Salvation Army. They were having their bi-monthly 50% off sale. Picked up Season 5 w/o slipcover of Full House, another Volume 3 of Bubblegum Crisis, and a foreign movie called Love Undercover 3 (looked interesting).

Since I love Korean Movies and Dramas, my Friend told me about a Supermarket that sold them for $4 a piece. Went there, saw a lot I would like, but only bought a few. :lol: From L-R (Shotgun Love, Hello Ghost, and Reversal of Fortune)
CIMG0882_zpsb3c096e9.jpg

CIMG0920_zps4589dec0.jpg

Blu Ray was from Dollar Tree, surprised they still had some. Hopefully they get more titles in? :lol:

Bought the rest from Gamestop when I was hunting for PSP Games. Never seen Samurai Showdown in the Store before. Loved Universe at War and I hope they make that series Petroglyph was talking about. I was actually looking for Ocean Commander, nice that I found it.

I went ahead and cleaned up my trade stuff. I took them to a vendor at an anime convention and got a really great trade. Stuff I traded
Pokemon red, blue, yellow, ruby, Advance Wars, Lunar GBA, LoZ Minish Cap, Robot Taisen OG Saga, SMT Strange Journey, Mega Man 2, Mario 2, Kirby's Adventure, Duck Tales, TMNT III, Legend of Heroes 1 & 2, Mario Kart, Mario Party 2, LoZ OoT reg in beat up box, LoZ OoT gold cart, House of the Dead Saturn loose, Wings of Wor, SMT Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 (x2), DDS 2, Silpheed and Dragon Quest VIII
and got these.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 is sealed everything else is in minty condition.

some anime not gotten at anime convention. Got the DVD do to the options that were cut in the Blurays.

figure/toy pick ups from convention

Play Arts' Spike Spiegel, ZOE Anubis Revoltech, Dhaos was in a bin of random figures that were $5 :D, and sailor Moon finger puppet

Persona 4 keychains. My girlfriend kinda went crazy with these.

Books:

Board games:

All this stuff was from a thrift store. The Heroscape stuff is brand new. I got this all for $17. Everything but the Pokemon cards and the weird color variation Akuma will be sold/traded.

$50 for this jungle set for Heroscape. Considering these go for $80-$100 range on ebay, I was happy.

[quote name='wiggyx']Vib Ribbon is so excellent, if for no other reason than the soundtrack![/QUOTE]

100% agree. That was one of my favorite import games. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that game done by the guy who did PaRappa and UmJammer Lammy?

Not sure, but Mojob Ribbon and Vib Ripple are pseudo-sequels, with Mojib Ribbon actually being a pretty good amount of fun.

[quote name='wiggyx']Why do people think they are worth money? I'm sure they printed off a zillion copies and EVERYONE is buying 2 or more. They won't EVER be worth anything.[/QUOTE]

They really aren't worth money as you can see people can still find them at cover price. Fairly easily too. They printed a lot of copies.

It's the nickel and dime flippers and the dumb ebay people that contribute to people paying more then the cover price because they are too stupid to go and check a few stores.

You are 100% correct. Reminds me of the 90's when my dad would buy like dozens and dozens of the same comic. He nickel and dimed some profit and in the end he took a huge loss when the market for comics crashed.

Just because it's the last issue means nothing. The amount printed is in the zillions like you said.

I'm sure I can go right now and buy a few at cover price but between the fees and hassle I'm not going to nickel and dime a profit. The profit margin is also silly stupid. I can make more money mowing lawns or selling weed.

There are a few completed listings on ebay for $30 but also a whole lot below $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
IMG_1135_zpsc7e000af.jpg

Stopped back by the videogame section while I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening and found these. I didn't hoard them all, I left 2 on the rack at the end cap. May keep 1 or just eBay all 4 of these. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Haven't found a single place with any copies of the last issue, even back in December. :( The Walmart by me doesn't even carry any video game magazines, let alone strategy guides.

[quote name='Tsukento']Haven't found a single place with any copies of the last issue, even back in December. :( The Walmart by me doesn't even carry any video game magazines, let alone strategy guides.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to find this issue because I've never read any of the Nintendo Power guides (got my first Nintendo system with the Wii). Can somebody tell me potential places where these type of magazines will be (typically) sold? I tried Walmart and RiteAid but couldn't find any.

Thanks!

[quote name='CAG90210']I'm trying to find this issue because I've never read any of the Nintendo Power guides (got my first Nintendo system with the Wii). Can somebody tell me potential places where these type of magazines will be (typically) sold? I tried Walmart and RiteAid but couldn't find any.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

At this point since it has been over a month since the last issue went to the newsstands (Dec. 11th), you are likely not to find them in many stores anymore (Most likely they have run out of copies).

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']At this point since it has been over a month since the last issue went to the newsstands (Dec. 11th), you are likely not to find them in many stores anymore (Most likely they have run out of copies).[/QUOTE]

That's BS. A poster just found like 5 of them. Plenty of copies are still out there.

People are snagging them up but there are tons and tons of copies out there still.

The only reason it's near that price on ebay is because you have people such as the last poster that doesn't even know where to find magazines.

208337_10151243281085924_820309774_n.jpg

Harvest Moon from BB today for $30 with certs. Glad I waited. can't wait to try it when i get the Fire Emblem 3DS. And shirt $5 at JCPenny. Lov it.

First time posting

Hg437ui.jpg

ps3 games not such a great find except for dynasty warriors but at least I got mirrors edge with $10 off coupon
And psp games I got buy two get one free :) glad they had manuals and cases too

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoiiu.jpg

photo2ldv.jpg

photo3qz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I still have that from way back in the day. That son of a bitch was like $100. Anime used to be damn near un-affordable. Now we have things being released at a fair enough price, as well as a few big sales a year to make the price even lower. Things are much better now. lol

[quote name='Zaku77']I still have that from way back in the day. That son of a bitch was like $100. Anime used to be damn near un-affordable. Now we have things being released at a fair enough price, as well as a few big sales a year to make the price even lower. Things are much better now. lol[/QUOTE]
Except if you're buying anime from Aniplex, who thinks it's alright to charge Japanese prices for their localized and import releases. :\ Though I think the worst back then was trying to collect all of DBZ on DVD. Waaaaay too many DVD singles and sets that were cancelled in favor of newer sets and so on. Thank god for the Dragon Boxes. Haha.

[quote name='Barney']Picked up these games at a thrift store today... They are all complete and scratch free. $15 for all 7

dscn0875g.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice job on getting PSO. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back