The Official CAG January 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It look too pretty to take out of the box. lol
1357668814.jpg

New to CAG, but a long time follower. Sort of inspired by the steelbook collections that some people had - So I've been looking into picking stuff up.

I managed to get V for Vendetta, Kill Bill vol 1 (Would of had Vol 2 but it was bent on the front), Uncharted 3 and Modern Warfare 2. All with discs and manuals.

Just need to take off these damned stickers and I'll be good.

Can't post a link apparently since I'm a new member but go to imgur and after the forward slash put YU9dq...

Saw this listed new for $15 shipped on amazon while browsing on my phone during church (its better than sleeping eh?) It was a new seller with 1 feedback but I said screw it and bought it anyway! Glad I did! Seal is perfect and I'm glad to add a sealed copy of this game for my collection.
307qkqg.jpg

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I'm so ordering one of these. The Xillia Localization is my #1 most anticipated game this year. :D

That figure is beautiful![/QUOTE]

Same here! Can't wait for Xillia to get a release dayte!! And the figure is pretty nice I must say!

And got my two figures in from AmiAmi yesterday! Will be 2 of my last for a while as school calls :( But oh well! Here's the pics!

Code Geass - Kallen

This one looks great! It was a bit bigger and heavier then I thought it would be, but I do not mind that at all!

IMG-20130108-00383_zps09ebf02f.jpg

and

Tales of Vesperia - Flynn

(In spoiler to take from taking up too much room)

IMG-20130108-00382_zps8548f86e.jpg

Got some good pick ups at a mid winter flea market.

N64 for $5 since he couldn't find the composite cords.

Columns, Raiden Trad, After Burner II, Pac Mania, Ms Pac Man all for $2

Pac Man lunch box for $7. Pac Man seems to be the one consistent merchandise I can find.

Picked these up from a resale shop at $3 a piece because there is almost a complete run of the LoZ Link to the Past manga and the other has Mario RPG trading cards still in them.

And I found this Wii Hori fight stick for $6 at a new thrift store. I hate when thrift stores write the price in crayon...

main.php

-New Video card for my Resurrected HTPC aka my SteamBox so I can Game at 120".
-New Seasonic X-Series 1050w Gold Power Supply for my main Gaming Rig.
-3x3 Month XBL Gold cards from the BB sale with 800 spacebucks.
-Frankenweenie 3D Blu-Ray for the collection from Amazon.

Got all of these games in the mail today except for Sonic Heroes.. Shadow hearts is in like new conditions and i got it for $9.50 :D

dscn0830h.jpg

20130110_204610.jpg

Thanks to a fellow CAG for the controller and Starcraft 64! Monster Rancher 2 was from my old college friend, and Space Marine and Dawn of War II from the THQ sale.

DSC01195_zps468abd34.jpg

batman movies and reservoir dogs were late christmas present

DSC01196_zps4b340966.jpg

DSC01197_zpse56cb184.jpg

DSC01198_zpscf405a69.jpg

the white book is from kickstarter, and the other is walking dead omnibus 4

ï»?an animal that is non-threatening and friends around them are usually enough to make a child feel safe. What more could a little one ask for. As much as the Cardinals want Manning, they must prepare alternate strategies. We are taking everything that we established this offseason into Dennis Pitta Game Jersey the game ready to go. Thats in the past. the Dolphins were 4-3 Dennis Pitta Official Jersey and thinking playoffs. The Dolphins can easily be 4-9 in a few weeks. intelligence,"I would just say of all the players that I ve talked to and we ve interviewed this year and even through the years In spite of drafting safeties Torrey Smith Kids Jersey in the second round of each of the last two drafts, players and coaches loved Dawkins. the Jaguars have sworn off high-priced free agents. either -- veteran center Brad Meester and special-teamers and backups Montell Owens,Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis will have Week 3 off -- relatively speaking

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I wish they'd make a new Monster Rancher, used to love those games.[/QUOTE]

I worked at a used game and music store when the 2 PS titles came out. I would take home SOOOOO many crappy used CDs every night just to try and get cool monsters LOL!

Picked this up for 8 bucks. Needed a new fuse. It's been fixed ;)

EFACBA98-4766-4486-BC90-8248F7CF21E2-8162-000006FD5F4AEDCA.jpg

Didn't necessarily buy these, but found these all digging through some of my old stuff. Had these for a while, but may have to get rid of a few for school.

Here they are:

IMG-20130112-00400_zpsdeb8ba49.jpg

IMG-20130112-00401_zpsfa354b53.jpg

IMG-20130112-00402_zps6d18b40c.jpg

Just have to test, and clean them now!

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
20130110_204610.jpg

Thanks to a fellow CAG for the controller and Starcraft 64! Monster Rancher 2 was from my old college friend, and Space Marine and Dawn of War II from the THQ sale.[/QUOTE]
starcraft 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grabbed a pretty good Gamecube collection with 75% off (+PUR). Spent ~$140 for all these (left Choas Field and Sonic Adventure DX missing instructions out of picture because they were dupes).

1st pic is missing instructions rest are CIB
001-1_zps3fee34b3.jpg

002-1_zps46ccd0c2.jpg

003-2_zpse07fc07a.jpg

004-1_zpsd85a7f3c.jpg

005-1_zpsb3021a1c.jpg

006_zpsf7af072f.jpg

008-1_zps9079123c.jpg

Got
ps3.gif
Back to the Future (Gamestop new) $5
ps3.gif
Tekken Hybrid (my friend bought for me
icon_biggrin.gif
)
pspwhite.gif
Riviera $4.50 (w/PUR)
pspwhite.gif
N+ $1.80 (w/PUR)

009-1_zpsf02ffaef.jpg

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']wow how long did it take the cashier to ring that all up? :lol:[/QUOTE]

It took them forever. I would usually go outside and smoke a cigarette while they were looking for all the discs. They would be still be looking by the time I came back in. 4 stores total, going to try to hit a couple more today (one says they have Ikaruga).

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']It took them forever. I would usually go outside and smoke a cigarette while they were looking for all the discs. They would be still be looking by the time I came back in. 4 stores total, going to try to hit a couple more today (one says they have Ikaruga).[/QUOTE]

Speaking of forever, you're going to be gaming until you're like 100 with that backlog haha ;). Great pickup!

I feel so jaded. All I see in those pictures is beat up Gamestop copies and Player's Choice versions. :/ lol

Some great games at least, though! The Gamecube was criminally underrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I got this month so far. Don't plan on buying much more this month unless a really good deal pops up. I am planning on getting Anarchy Reigns tomorrow at best buy though.
IMAG0151copy_zps27bfca0b.png

I didn't buy these this month but they were lost for a while and I found them when I was going through random backpacks in my house in preparation for school. Felt like a mini christmas or something since I haven't played Dante's Inferno yet and I was really excited for it when I got it.
IMAG0157copy_zpsfe43474f.png

[quote name='parKer']Speaking of forever, you're going to be gaming until you're like 100 with that backlog haha ;). Great pickup![/QUOTE]

The sad part is if I hook my gamecube up I would probably play the games from my collection before the pick up. I also found a Pokemon Box at a local gamestore I am debating picking up (they want $100). Without further ado... ROUND 2!! (Making the total ~$200 including the first post)

013-1_zpsfb1f9d14.jpg

014-1_zps8ee007b4.jpg

015-1_zps26f87346.jpg

My gamecube collection before this pick up
I also got Cubivore and Pikmin 2 which I guess are not with the rest of my gamecube games
019-1_zps0a39860c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're gonna have to buy a case Goo Gone to get rid of all those stickers :( Great pick ups, though. Wish my Gamestops had even half of the stuff you got.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']You're gonna have to buy a case Goo Gone to get rid of all those stickers :( Great pick ups, though. Wish my Gamestops had even half of the stuff you got.[/QUOTE]

I'm already having nightmares about it

Round 3 !!! Got a GBA player with disc :D
003-2_zps010c455f.jpg

[quote name='SlaughterX']
8377626007_8b29e707a8_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cool stuff there, but I gotta admit that I noticed the adorable bear first. :lol:

Did a small amount of Gamestop GCN closeout shopping.

DSC03228.jpg

Then of course printed up some fresh covers for those that were missing :)

DSC03241.jpg

IMG_1115_zpsf949b8e0.jpg

Used that 20% off GS coupon and got Xenoblade for $34.xx (Mint condition too!), Had Anarchy Pre-ordered for a while to get the Bayonetta DLC, Had Taken 2 pre-ordered as well. The Xenoblade artbook was bought off a very generous CAG :)

IMG_1116_zps0a3dcc76.jpg

Boardwalk Empires are Blu's and I paid $22 for both of them.
Stopped by gamestop today during lunch and saw God Hand, checked the disc and it was mint so I bought it to replace my scratched up copy. They also had Suikoden III and I might get one for a play copy since mine is mint. Going back tomorrow to pick up the 3rd Shadow Hearts game since theirs is mint and mine is scratched.

IMG_1117_zpsab842995.jpg

I

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The PS Vita is such an amazing system. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND on it is practically console-perfect, not to mention a vast improvement over the 3DS' Continuum Shift II.

wiggy, how do the print outs of the covers look? I might end up needing to do it. but i am very picky, i know you do A LOT of this stuff so...

[quote name='Animal7390']wiggy, how do the print outs of the covers look? I might end up needing to do it. but i am very picky, i know you do A LOT of this stuff so...[/QUOTE]

They look great if that's what you're into. How do you mean exactly? Like the quality? If so, it all depends on the source material (scans, images) and printer/ink/paper.

Paper choice is THE most important thing. A lot of folks on TCP have it in their head that it takes a $1K+ printer to make excellent prints. Not true. Spend a few bucks on good paper and almost any $100 Wal Fart printer can make beautiful printouts for ya.

It's really fun, but can be time and money consuming. Don't know how many games you're talking about casing, but it's easily $1.50-2.00 per game after cost of cases, paper, ink, Xacto blades, etc. Just so you know what you're getting into.

[quote name='wiggyx']They look great if that's what you're into. How do you mean exactly? Like the quality? If so, it all depends on the source material (scans, images) and printer/ink/paper.

Paper choice is THE most important thing. A lot of folks on TCP have it in their head that it takes a $1K+ printer to make excellent prints. Not true. Spend a few bucks on good paper and almost any $100 Wal Fart printer can make beautiful printouts for ya.

It's really fun, but can be time and money consuming. Don't know how many games you're talking about casing, but it's easily $1.50-2.00 per game after cost of cases, paper, ink, Xacto blades, etc. Just so you know what you're getting into.[/QUOTE]

Ive been using The Cover Project forever now. Love that site. I really need to invest in some of those "universal cases for the retro games. I just can't bring myself to spend the money yet....but anytime I need to make a case for any of the "dvd case style games," the cover project is perfect.

[quote name='wiggyx']They look great if that's what you're into. How do you mean exactly? Like the quality? If so, it all depends on the source material (scans, images) and printer/ink/paper.

It's really fun, but can be time and money consuming. Don't know how many games you're talking about casing, but it's easily $1.50-2.00 per game after cost of cases, paper, ink, Xacto blades, etc. Just so you know what you're getting into.[/QUOTE]

What kind of paper do you use? I bought a cutter, and UGCs, still need to get some decent paper. Sorry off topic.

My game pick ups.
Couldn't pass up BB free shipping SCV CE for $19.99
picture.php

My blu-ray anime collection is fairly small, so these sales were cool.
picture.php

Haruhi, Lucky Star, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass were actually Dec pick ups. But I included them to show how nuts I went. I made a 2nd order this month and just decided to get every cheap CE they had. I hope to fill in the blanks down the road.
Bless this thread: Amazon Warehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)
picture.php

Originally Lucky Star V4 was not CE, but on my 2nd ordered it again and I got the CE even though it was listed as normal
picture.php

Gurren Lagann 1+2 in CE box, Code Geass R2 2-4, already owned full season 1
picture.php

IGPX V1 CE, .hack//Roots V3 CE
picture.php

Eureka 7 CE's V3, 5, 6, 9, 10
picture.php

That's V7 and V10 CE
picture.php

I swear I've seen you post some of those before. Are you just starting to go back to your shelves and randomly grab stuff to show off again? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back