The Official CAG January 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zaku77']I still have that from way back in the day. That son of a bitch was like $100. Anime used to be damn near un-affordable. Now we have things being released at a fair enough price, as well as a few big sales a year to make the price even lower. Things are much better now. lol[/QUOTE]

Well the good news for you then is that the set is actually valued over $100 nowadays because of the whole Bandai thing, so your $100 was actually well spent, and may have been a better investment than you would have thought. ;D

CIMG0942_zpse017cae5.jpg

CIMG0943_zps0d42cd52.jpg

Meh. Not really exciting. :lol:

[quote name='Tsukento']Except if you're buying anime from Aniplex, who thinks it's alright to charge Japanese prices for their localized and import releases. :\ Though I think the worst back then was trying to collect all of DBZ on DVD. Waaaaay too many DVD singles and sets that were cancelled in favor of newer sets and so on. Thank god for the Dragon Boxes. Haha.

Nice job on getting PSO. :D[/QUOTE]

I had a bunch of the DBZ Singles and VHS Tapes. I eventually ended up giving it to Goodwill after no one bought it at my Garage Sale. or selling it to my fan of a friend. Haha. I'm more content with the Season Sets now. Or for more of Funi's rereleases.

[quote name='Tsukento']Waaaaay too many DVD singles and sets that were cancelled in favor of newer sets and so on.[/QUOTE]

The only DVDs that never got released were the final 3-4 volumes of "Season 2." Every other episode was released via the singles. And FUNi wouldn't have bothered with the Orange Boxes (at least, not that early) if the singles were selling. And considering they haven't been re-released in a slimmer package yet shows that they still are.

[quote name='KtMack23']If anyone knows where to get a case and manual for Wild Arms 3, please let me know.
30aqr2g.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ebay, along with a like new copy of the game for not very much money. =P

[quote name='Zaku77']Ebay, along with a like new copy of the game for not very much money. =P[/QUOTE]

:p Looks like that will end up being the cheapest route. I guess I'll send this back

[quote name='DNukem170']The only DVDs that never got released were the final 3-4 volumes of "Season 2." Every other episode was released via the singles. And FUNi wouldn't have bothered with the Orange Boxes (at least, not that early) if the singles were selling. And considering they haven't been re-released in a slimmer package yet shows that they still are.[/QUOTE]
You mean Season 1, since the Ultimate Uncut Editions of that stopped right before Goku's fight with Vegeta. Season 2 was never released in the UUE format as they went directly to just releasing the orange bricks.

[quote name='Zaku77']This is true. I still remember being pissed at wasting money on yet another set that was doomed to never finish.[/QUOTE]

I remember this happening a lot 12-15 years ago. I hated the dreaded volumes vs. actual complete seasons, it took forever to try and complete a series let alone trying to remember what happened the previous episode between releases.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoilas.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was actually looking at Black Lagoon the other day. I've never watched any anime and thought I might see what the fuss was about.. this caught my eye. How is it?

[quote name='Scorch']I was actually looking at Black Lagoon the other day. I've never watched any anime and thought I might see what the fuss was about.. this caught my eye. How is it?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely one of my favorite series. It's got a little bit of everything, but delves on the darker side of things. It's pretty well balanced with a little bit of everything, and it is also an anime you can get into pretty easily as it is paced really well. I'd definitely recommend picking it up.

[quote name='aptanor']Squarehard won't know for a few weeks, maybe months.[/QUOTE]

Actually I've already watched Black Lagoon, but I still wanted it anyways. I've probably watched the majority of anime I picked up in the past, but for some that I haven't, you are indeed right on the I'll get back to you in a few months, lol. ;D

[quote name='anime5ever']just got back from gamestop

8412826368_6b018daf00_c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awesome pick up I plan to hit my gamesrop with their buy 2 get one psp games tomorrow. Persona 1,2 and 3 here I come \\:D/

Another order from RightStuf.

2ceozmq.jpg

Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop Vol. 1, Train Man Vol. 1 and 2 and a Majin Boo keychain.

Also have Pandora's Tower pre-ordered.

He probably lives around the ship center, as big as Digital River screwed up they have been shipping out since Wednesday, I should have my copy by Wednesday of next week.

Do all these Dragon Ball games become sought after? Some of the DS games shot up in value big time!!!

I live in greenwood, IN and also ordered back on July 1, 2012. Standard shipping but it only took 2 days to get here after they finally shipped on wednesday.

[quote name='Kranekinjar']Video Game find at Kohl's what o_O??? Paid 17.99

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

I had this... it was fun... but I never thought it was worth keeping... I sold it for like 8 bucks around 4 years ago.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I wanna know this also, and are you paying $12 for storm 3 ?[/QUOTE]
It's not Storm 3 it's Generations. I can tell by the receipt he got it from Lockerz.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']It's not Storm 3 it's Generations. I can tell by the receipt he got it from Lockerz.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say. $12 for my most looked foward game for march. You also answered my other question. I never don't know much about lockerz so thanks.

I never used it because I never wanted to deal with the videos and getting points but a big shout out goes to Bumslie for calling me at 8:30 in the morning and letting me know about this. They also had a $90 3G vita Bundle, I would have bit if I already didn't have one, I did give it a big though but it sold out and made my choice easy.

[quote name='skiizim']I never used it because I never wanted to deal with the videos and getting points but a big shout out goes to Bumslie for calling me at 8:30 in the morning and letting me know about this. They also had a $90 3G vita Bundle, I would have bit if I already didn't have one, I did give it a big though but it sold out and made my choice easy.[/QUOTE]

I've picked up a couple things over the course of this big blowout (mostly just some clothes). Does anyone know why they're doing it? Are they no longer going to sell things?

I had a list of two figures I definitely had to have when they were available for a good price. This was one of them. Sadly, this one will be my last figure for about 3-4 months.

IMG-20130126-00454_zps45eca4b8.jpg

28ho03c.jpg

Damn us CAGs have had a good week with Budokai Tenkaichi 3! I saw this at GameStop and used that birthday coupon so I got it for $32.39. Both games are complete and mint. Note that its the bonus disc version that is even harder to find. I know Zaku and others love to hate GameStop, but deals like this are why I continue to shop there.

Preordered Ni No Kuni WE back in July through the kickstarter. Picked up Akai Katana for about $4 thanks to the $10 off coupon that comes with resubscribing to Gamestop's program.

[quote name='elessar123']Hah, nice license plate cover.[/QUOTE]
Lol thanks. I'm glad I won this at FBI's lowball, while Square Enix screwed me over on another year.

[quote name='KtMack23']
28ho03c.jpg

Damn us CAGs have had a good week with Budokai Tenkaichi 3! I saw this at GameStop and used that birthday coupon so I got it for $32.39. Both games are complete and mint. Note that its the bonus disc version that is even harder to find. I know Zaku and others love to hate GameStop, but deals like this are why I continue to shop there.[/QUOTE]

You look at that case and tell me it's not just generally grimy or meh. I'm sure the insert is all dented/creased in around the disc in the back of the case and the two instruction prongs on the front of it, too. If people don't mind that stuff, more power to 'em. It just doesn't do it for me. lol :3

On another note, though, how does that play on Wii? I've always been curious to try it (mine is on PS2, so no hand waving for me lol).

[quote name='KtMack23']
28ho03c.jpg

Damn us CAGs have had a good week with Budokai Tenkaichi 3! I saw this at GameStop and used that birthday coupon so I got it for $32.39. Both games are complete and mint. Note that its the bonus disc version that is even harder to find. I know Zaku and others love to hate GameStop, but deals like this are why I continue to shop there.[/QUOTE]

nice pick up. DBZ is hard to find complete at GS. How does that game play? Does it give you the option to use wii remote and classic controller/gamecube controller?

[quote name='TommyLove']Lol thanks. I'm glad I won this at FBI's lowball, while Square Enix screwed me over on another year.[/QUOTE]

Nice plate. Are u going to really use it on your car?

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice plate. Are u going to really use it on your car?[/QUOTE]
Once I get a nice luxury car and a garage, yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back