The Official CAG March 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mqbsj.jpg

Code:
Pictured:

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition: 79.99 Pre-Ordered at Best Buy (actually have 2 of these, one is not pictured due to storage) 

Tomb Raider w/ Comic: 59.99 Best Buy (Pre-Ordered and part of the GCU promo "Victory can be PreOrdered")

Tomb Raider w/ Steel Book: 59.99 Target

Medieval Moves/ Sport Championship Move Bundle: 14.97 Sears

Flame Red 3DS: 75.xx Sears (Picked it up in the beginning of March, received it yesterday for my Birthday.)

Fire Emblem Awakening: 39.99 GameStop (Actually got lucky and they didn't have a gut version)

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn: 14.99 Target

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct: 37.49 (Best Buy - Price Matched Amazon. Also got this for my Birthday)

Everything except Tomb Raider was picked up yesterday (3/12) with the extra money I had received. Also my GF is the one who took it upon herself to pick up the 3DS and TWD:SI for me. Wasn't expecting the TWD:SI, but I was with her when she picked up the 3DS cause of my deal hunting prowess, haha. Just wasn't allowed to have it until my b-day arrived, lol.

DSC01233_zps44e95d75.jpg

on the left was a blank cover of all new x men, on the right Gi joe #1 from image got it in a lot with the other 24 issues, im going to custom bind these

DSC01234_zps01a830b4.jpg

on the left is black jack vol 1 and 2 the series is going oop, on the right Bokurano: Ours vol 1. I havent bought manga in years, and wanted to get back into it, looking at my small collection there are series i want to finish and some i need to get back cause i lost them in a move.

DSC01238_zps9a1cd815.jpg

fighting spirit vol 5 and 6, trying to finish buying it a little bit at a time. On the right is Legend of the Dog Warriors - Hakkenden

DSC01241_zpse3ddd477.jpg

Le Chevalier D'Eon, missing vol 6

DSC01246_zps64e54549.jpg

baki the grappler season 1, only saw most of season 2 online. Really like the theme

i won superbad from sinfulfate recent lowball and Avatar the last airbender book 1 came from ebay for a good price (its sealed).

fdsf.jpg

Went to Blockbuster on a whim to check out their clearence stuff since the store is closing. Picked up Resident Evil Afterlife, Pokemon: Mewtwo Returns, Batman Under the Red Hood, GI Joe Resolute, and Sky Captain for $5 each. GI Joe and and Pokemon were DVD, everything else is Blu-ray. And Pokemon is the only one even remotely scratched. Sadly, Dollar Genral nearby didn't have any Blu-rays.

Roses was also nearby and they had the Da Vinci Code giftset with replica Cryptex for $10.

Stopped in FYE and they were having a "Buy 2, Get 3rd for $1" deal going on. Picked up s-CRY-ed Complete Collection (2nd version), Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: The Return of Heatblast, and .hack//Legend of the Twilight Complete Collection. .hack// was the $1 DVD.

34ir19d.jpg

Picked up the last copy of Tales of the Abyss LE 2 and Star Driver Vol. 1, along with TotA Vol. 4 from RightStuf. Also nabbed Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 on a whim since my co-workers were getting on my case about picking it up so we can play online. That and the game does look very nice and includes a DLC code to give Naruto Son Goku's dogi.

[quote name='ShogunNage']
DSC01241_zpse3ddd477.jpg

Le Chevalier D'Eon, missing vol 6[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a really nice set:drool:How is the actual show? I've seen it pop up rather frequently but never checked it out

[quote name='Kovorkian']Grabbed GoW Ascension CE, I now fucking hate steelbooks, cannot remove the game without breaking it, center will not release[/QUOTE]

Once you do eventually get the game disc out, take a finger nail clipper to the excess plastic around the ring. For some reason on steelbooks the knobs are extended too far locking the disc in too tight.

[quote name='dodgeme']Bought these NES games and Super Castlevania IV from fellow CAG fwbweux for $76 shipped.

zwVpF5z.jpg

pxuhwHm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You must live close to him because that was some fast shipping. @_@

[quote name='wiggyx']:p

Finally acquired a working TG-16 in a trade!

C3D42B28-595A-4DFC-B43D-07A2A4692D85-1733-000000FE9ECFE3E8_zpsdadfb43d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im jealous. I had one and traded it away stupidly after I couldn't find any cheap good games.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Wow, that's a really nice set:drool:How is the actual show? I've seen it pop up rather frequently but never checked it out[/QUOTE]

you can get what i got on rightstuf for about the same price as the save edition, only thing is you have to find vol 6. The slipcovers to the dvds are beautiful. I havent watched it yet but from the little clips i seen on youtube it looks good

[quote name='dodgeme']Im jealous. I had one and traded it away stupidly after I couldn't find any cheap good games.[/QUOTE]

I sold my original while in college and have been kicking myself ever since, especially with current prices :/ Still, I'm just gonna suffer through it and pick up the titles that I want here and there. I'm patient. I'll wait for a decent deal :)

My Thundercats stuff came in. Didn't realize the cat logo on the slipcovers was felt. Very nice.

Also got Madoka in. Can't believe I spent $100 on a fucking 12-episode series.

[quote name='DNukem170']My Thundercats stuff came in. Didn't realize the cat logo on the slipcovers was felt. Very nice.

Also got Madoka in. Can't believe I spent $100 on a freaking 12-episode series.[/QUOTE]

where are the pics lol? I am gonna buy the limited edition sets of madoka if they are still available by the summer.

[quote name='DNukem170']Didn't realize I still had a Photobucket account.

20130314_214641.jpg

Already condensed Thundercats but this is the slipcover.

20130314_214739.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that thundercats set looks pretty sexy.

[quote name='DNukem170']It is just 2 discs from Season 1 Set 2 with a fancy slipcover. I wanna say it was Discs 9 and 10.[/QUOTE]

still looks nice

My Thundercats collection is now complete:

20130314_221148.jpg

20130314_221223.jpg

20130314_222217.jpg

OK, so technically I am missing Season 2, but I didn't really like Season 2.

IMG_1157_zps13915ab1.jpg

So stoked that Willow is now out on Blu-Ray :D Ordered the damn MGR Shinikawa steel and they sent me the G2 instead of the G1 I ordered. The G2 is up for sale in my lowball :)

IMG_1158_zps3d7bfdab.jpg

Yeah I went a bit overboard with Tomb Raider... but oh well I ended up absolutely loving the game so these are all welcome in the collection :D

IMG_1160_zps66da8f7c.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah I know Razor's Edge is coming in a few weeks, I sold off the game from my CE shortly after it came out and just picked this back up a couple weeks ago. Got an HTC W7 phone so I can achievement whore even more :D

And can't forget about the newest Girls Generation CD with my favorite on the cover :D :D

[quote name='Olengie']Yay for sones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Shot in the dark... You a Taeyeon fan by chance? ;)

She's my 2nd favorite behind Jessica.

And I'm a SONE 4 Life :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Shot in the dark... You a Taeyeon fan by chance? ;)

She's my 2nd favorite behind Jessica.

And I'm a SONE 4 Life :D[/QUOTE]

And now you're instantly my Friend. Haha.

SONE 4 LIFE

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Once you do eventually get the game disc out, take a finger nail clipper to the excess plastic around the ring. For some reason on steelbooks the knobs are extended too far locking the disc in too tight.[/QUOTE]

I came up with a more non altering the steelbook solution, put the disc in a paper sleeve from Gamestp and put the edges of the sleeve under the tabs on the "manual" side, fits just about perfect, sleeve needed slightly trimmed

GoW: A and UC:3 DD both are like that, and it was much easier getting UC3 out than GoW, probably because GoW was my first steelbook game

[quote name='Kovorkian']I came up with a more non altering the steelbook solution, put the disc in a paper sleeve from Gamestp and put the edges of the sleeve under the tabs on the "manual" side, fits just about perfect, sleeve needed slightly trimmed

GoW: A and UC:3 DD both are like that, and it was much easier getting UC3 out than GoW, probably because GoW was my first steelbook game[/QUOTE]

I just have the Disk in a paper sleeve or its own CD Case. :lol:

I got a boy absolutely sucks. It is like they are trying to do f(x) but fail horribly in the style/cute/* meter.

So that I am not completely OOT, while I don't usually do this, here is the pickup for today.

IMAG0077.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My other recent pick ups:

Straight to eBay:
20130315_124542.jpg

Watch, then sell:
20130315_124644.jpg

Keep:
20130315_124717.jpg

I need to get another empty case for Sky Captain.

Just arrived:

20130315_150152-1.jpg

Only paid $20 for Pokemon, which normally runs anywhere from 2x to 5x that price. Now the only saga that I need is Johto. Need one more JLC, one more Master Quest disc, and all of Johto Journies.

Got these from tooshorty6432168
imag03551.jpg

I rremember playing the shit out of Bomberman Hero when I was a kid. Never played Power Rangers before but my spoiled cousin had it and never let me touch any of his games or toys.

Got these for a dollar each at the flea market, took some cleaning but the N64 games work, A Link To The Past works but it has some graphical issues on the loading screen and map.

HGKSvs7.jpg

Nice flea market finds! Did you take the SNES cart apart and clean the contacts real good? Sometimes I need an eraser so I can really polish them.

20130315_161902_zps0b963f0d.jpg

Bought the Record of Agarest War Zero LE from Newegg. Missed out on it earlier, but I'm glad I could get in on this one. :lol:
20130315_161721_zpsc318f64a.jpg

Went to my monthly trip to the Goodwill of Anaheim. (Don't visit much unless my Mom and I have to go the 99 Ranch Market). Typically a hit or miss. But this time, I think it was a hit. I looked through the DVD Container thing, and I managed to find Seasons 1-4 of Supernatural. Sealed, complete with Best Buy Stickers. The Price, 6.99. Too bad it wasn't a Blue Tag, otherwise it would've been 50%. I also saw a few Dead Zones Seasons. But I wasn't that interested in it. Someone just've donated a part of their collection. Or just never got to it. Haha.
20130315_161848_zps5f47d34b.jpg

I've been watching a lot of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider lately (Power Rangers and Masked Rider in the States). Saw this, and decided to pick it up. It was only a $1. I also want a Kamen Rider Belt so I can say "Heshin!" and do the transformation pose. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my WiiU in from a trade with a fellow CAG. Can't wait to get it hooked up. Also got the game Arc Rise Fantasia from him as well.

VmOjMYR.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']You gonna enjoy Arc Rise Fantasia. ^__^

You gonna get The Last Story soon?[/QUOTE]

I plan to. I missed out on a lot of games from the Wii so I'm slowly gonna pick them up as I wait for some good WiiU titles, although Monster Hunter is calling my name. I'd like to get Xenoblade but the price of that went through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back