The Official CAG March 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']You literally just made my night:applause:[/QUOTE]
Literally, eh? What did he make it out of? Flannel and tulle, I hope!

From the B2G1F at bestbuy:
20130319153839.jpg

First time I've ordered used from BB, and I'm really impressed! Everything is in great condition, so much so that I actually thought they'd sent me new versions by mistake. Very happy with what I got for $12:applause:

Picked up the Jaguar and the games pictured (plus Gradius III and Super R-Type but those aren't here yet) for $55 shipped from a fellow CAG. Now the Jaguar doesn't currently work which I had a feeling it may not when I bought it however, it appears to be related to someone plugging in the wrong adapter and frying this chip I pictured. Gonna replace that and see if I get it working and if I do then I will have to track down a controller and some more games. I also finally got around to getting my digital camera back out.

aHRUURs.jpg

If you look at the top of the chip you can see where it burnt out due to the wrong power adapter.
pi6yCTN.jpg

Hopefully I can get it up and running so I can add a Jaguar to the collection.

[quote name='wiggyx']I loved Nuts and Bolts. Don't care what anyone says, it's fun building those stupid vehicles.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried the demo and thought it was a ton of fun:D There aren't a ton of platformers on 360, so I'm excited to play it:bouncy:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']From the B2G1F at bestbuy:

First time I've ordered used from BB, and I'm really impressed! Everything is in great condition, so much so that I actually thought they'd sent me new versions by mistake. Very happy with what I got for $12:applause:[/QUOTE]

How much was Nuts and Bolts? I enjoyed the demo also and always wanted to pick it up.

zxlkjo.jpg

Newest RightStuf order. Was rather surprised that Cross Game was a 3-in-1 release here. Wasn't expecting it to be bulky. Also wasn't expecting Kannagi to just be two single DVD cases with a slip cover. :whistle2:s

not sure exactly how good of a deal it is...but I picked up discs 1-3 of panzer dragoon saga for 110 shipped. I figured now that the going rate for a complete copy is ~300 I could somehow get disc 4 and/or cover art for the remaining $190 lol

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']not sure exactly how good of a deal it is...but I picked up discs 1-3 of panzer dragoon saga for 110 shipped. I figured now that the going rate for a complete copy is ~300 I could somehow get disc 4 and/or cover art for the remaining $190 lol[/QUOTE]

Is the game really THAT good? I can understand wanting it in your collection, but even still:whistle2:kthat's a lot of money for one game

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Is the game really THAT good? I can understand wanting it in your collection, but even still:whistle2:kthat's a lot of money for one game[/QUOTE]

Most of the time, people buy it for collecting purposes. Its been top of my hit list since I started collecting; I've just never wanted to spend the amount that it fetches. Recently, Ive wanted to play it as well. To me PDS is like the average really expensive game in a collection. (AKA almost anyone who has a serious collection has it.)

For people who want to buy it to play it, its usually not a big problem because if you decide to sell it afterward, youll most likely get back the same amount that you paid for it.

But youre right; it is a lot. I do believe 110 is the most ive ever spent on one game. (lol and definitely the most Ive spent on 3/4 of a game)

[quote name='Zaku77']God of War Ascension CE. Honestly, this thing is kind of lame.

video link removed[/QUOTE]

was disappointed compared to the Uncharted 3 CE for which I paid $33 >.>

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Most of the time, people buy it for collecting purposes. Its been top of my hit list since I started collecting; I've just never wanted to spend the amount that it fetches. Recently, Ive wanted to play it as well. To me PDS is like the average really expensive game in a collection. (AKA almost anyone who has a serious collection has it.)

For people who want to buy it to play it, its usually not a big problem because if you decide to sell it afterward, youll most likely get back the same amount that you paid for it.

But youre right; it is a lot. I do believe 110 is the most ive ever spent on one game. (lol and definitely the most Ive spent on 3/4 of a game)[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, I spent 210 on a disc only copy earlier this year. It is that good though.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Is the game really THAT good? I can understand wanting it in your collection, but even still:whistle2:kthat's a lot of money for one game[/QUOTE]

It's a REALLY good game, but no second hand game is worth that much (for my purposes and in my opinion). If I didn't already own a copy, then I'd just play it the other way...

Finally arrived, and this time (mostly) undamaged!

20130320_174952-1.jpg

The back corner of the slipcover is bent up, but considering how much of a mess the case was on the first shipment, I am not complaining.

Also got this for $80:

20130320_175055-1.jpg

[quote name='DNukem170']Finally arrived, and this time (mostly) undamaged!

20130320_174952-1.jpg

The back corner of the slipcover is bent up, but considering how much of a mess the case was on the first shipment, I am not complaining.

Also got this for $80:

20130320_175055-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You're missing your Yu Yu slip covers! Those are great sets, though. Easily the best remaster I've ever seen.

[quote name='Zaku77']You're missing your Yu Yu slip covers![/QUOTE]

Well, I have Season 1's from when I picked that up individually (I mainly got the lot for Season 2, as I didn't wanna pay more than $20 for it) and I'll just swipe the other three next time I see them in FYE or MovieStop.

[quote name='DNukem170']Well, I have Season 1's from when I picked that up individually (I mainly got the lot for Season 2, as I didn't wanna pay more than $20 for it) and I'll just swipe the other three next time I see them in FYE or MovieStop.[/QUOTE]

They let you do that? That's quite handy.

I usually go in with a bag from another store (since they are all in a mall). If they even notice, I am not sure if they care since I am not opening a package or taking any discs.

[quote name='DNukem170']Not stealing. Swiping. Sounds cooler.[/QUOTE]

No need to sugar coat. I blame Funimation for making sets that include slipcovers provoking people to do these kinds of acts. How dare they! Personally I wouldn't do it, but I've been pretty lucky with my slipcovers. :p

The problem is that Sega only published a small number at first, with a just as small 2nd print number as soon as the 1st went out of stock and no one could get them. As soon as that happened, hoarders who had multiple copies struck auction sites and asked for hundreds of dollars for them.

Demand sky-rocketed as soon as reviews went in from various people who actually had the game and played it, claiming how great the game was. Prices also went up in combination of that and the rarity. Which *really* sucks for those of us who'd never shell out that kinda cash for a game but want to own it to play it. :\ Even worse that the devs lost the source code for the game, ensuring that a port would never happen.

[quote name='Tsukento']The problem is that Sega only published a small number at first, with a just as small 2nd print number as soon as the 1st went out of stock and no one could get them. As soon as that happened, hoarders who had multiple copies struck auction sites and asked for hundreds of dollars for them.

Demand sky-rocketed as soon as reviews went in from various people who actually had the game and played it, claiming how great the game was. Prices also went up in combination of that and the rarity. Which *really* sucks for those of us who'd never shell out that kinda cash for a game but want to own it to play it. :\ Even worse that the devs lost the source code for the game, ensuring that a port would never happen.[/QUOTE]

I recall frantically searching for it at release. It took me two weeks to find a copy. They had 2 at a local TRU, and I grabbed both (one for me, and one for a buddy that was also hunting for it). I'm so happy I was able to find it back then. Like you, I wouldn't even consider paying today's prices for it :(

[quote name='anime5ever']
8578411302_69e91690e6_b.jpg

and 2 digital psp games
Wild Arms Ps1 Classic
Patchwork Heroes.[/QUOTE]

Great pickups. I still need to pick up White or Black 2....

I didn't pick up much this week, just a copy of Metroid: Other M because it was cheap. It's not bad so far :D

20130321_151313-1.jpg

I remember trying to get the Tenchi set a year ago and the cheapest was about $90. Had to settle for the singles. Paid $25 for this one. Didn't think it was so damn thick, though.

So nice to have a complete collection of Fate/Stay Night for about $20. Much better than trying to hunt down the Geneon singles. Sentai is also starting to wise up apparently, as it came in a standard size case instead of a stupid thick case with the discs on a spindle.

So far this month I've gotten:
-Metal Gear Rising
-Tomb Raider Collectors Edition (Great Value)
-Ni No Kuni
-Journey Collectors Edition
-Sly Cooper Thieves In Time
-Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition Game Guide
-Halo 4 Collectors Edition Game Guide
^ 6.99 Each At Best Buy!!
-Halo 4 Best Buy Tee Shirt
^ 3.99!
I'm also hopefully picking up Bioshock Infinite on Tuesday!

Top 3 are from Best Buy's Clearance, the the bottom 3 are from the B2G1 that I PM'd at Best Buy. And now after Months my WiiU collection has now Doubled.

8575566039_6551659f6a_b.jpg

[quote name='DNukem170']
20130321_151313-1.jpg

I remember trying to get the Tenchi set a year ago and the cheapest was about $90. Had to settle for the singles. Paid $25 for this one. Didn't think it was so damn thick, though.[/QUOTE]
Very nice. I'm waiting for the set from FUNi to drop in price a little bit. They seem to be having a thing for making thick pack DVD/BD combos as of lately (and in really crummy packages, too). Hoping the quality on the BDs are better than Geneon's DVDs, seeing as they used the same Geneon masters for Tenchi Universe. :|

From what I hear, the remasters are not that great and they lack extras, which is why I double dipped here.

EDIT: Wait, I thought I remember seeing the FUNi Tenchi set as one of those "2 cases in an artbox" style package...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsukento']Very nice. I'm waiting for the set from FUNi to drop in price a little bit. They seem to be having a thing for making thick pack DVD/BD combos as of lately (and in really crummy packages, too). Hoping the quality on the BDs are better than Geneon's DVDs, seeing as they used the same Geneon masters for Tenchi Universe. :|[/QUOTE]

They actually started off with the big thick packs with some of their early blu releases, and then ditched them for a little while, but went right back to them for some reason, lol.

hjnnz3gdscmeadatjta2loa.jpg

Bejeweled is from the groupon deal way back (not sure why I bought it :wave:), Wii jacket was at a thrift shop for $1 so I got it for my remote that need a plus size;) The book was my top off item to get FSSS on the Classic Controller Pro deal (still waiting for that to ship :drool:). I've heard it's pretty good, and have been wanting it for a while:)

selection001wv.png

Oh, and I picked up the BaB5 just for the heck of it (I never seem to get around to playing these games), and am looking forward to playing Dawning. Might review it:applause:

EDIT: should know by now not to use dropbox for pic hosting. Always screws me over:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DNukem170']EDIT: Wait, I thought I remember seeing the FUNi Tenchi set as one of those "2 cases in an artbox" style package...[/QUOTE]
That's basically what all of them, save for Tenchi Universe/in Tokyo/GXP have been. Wouldn't be so much of an issue if the art boxes weren't just paper glued around a cardboard box, seeing as how the paper is very easy to peel off by mistake.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']not sure exactly how good of a deal it is...but I picked up discs 1-3 of panzer dragoon saga for 110 shipped. I figured now that the going rate for a complete copy is ~300 I could somehow get disc 4 and/or cover art for the remaining $190 lol[/QUOTE]

You reminded me that I have a complete copy of this game in my Saturn collection. I remember picking it up on a whim at a TRU in the waning days of the Saturn. Looking at the prices now, I'm glad I picked it up. :bouncy:

8579136130_5b694907c4_z.jpg

I responded to a local forum ad for a guy cleaning our his storage units. I talked to him for a bit and met him at his units. I ended up after looking through everything with the following:

Wireless 360 Rock Band guitar
Wireless 360 Guitar Hero guitar
Sega Saturn with power
Original Xbox controller
Wavebird controller (no receiver)
Electronic chess set
14 Pokemon Trading Figure Game figures

I ended up picking up the whole lot for $10!

[quote name='Mirpkered']
8579136130_5b694907c4_z.jpg

I responded to a local forum ad for a guy cleaning our his storage units. I talked to him for a bit and met him at his units. I ended up after looking through everything with the following:

Wireless 360 Rock Band guitar
Wireless 360 Guitar Hero guitar
Sega Saturn with power
Original Xbox controller
Wavebird controller (no receiver)
Electronic chess set
14 Pokemon Trading Figure Game figures

I ended up picking up the whole lot for $10![/QUOTE]

:drool::applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done