The Official CAG March 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dan13l858']
1363975265_zpsadba270b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Ni No Kuni is quite cool. I'd like to get that someday just for collector's sake. haha

Gamecube with all the hookups, controller, memory card, & resident evil 4 complete for 99 cents. The guy originally had said that he had resident evil 4, metal gear the twin snakes, and godzilla destroy all monsters. But when i got to his place he couldn't find the other two, he only had RE 4. Anyways for 99 cents i'm still happy.
He did say that once he found the other two games he would call me so that i can pick them up for free.

dscn1036n.jpg

[quote name='Zaku77']The Ni No Kuni is quite cool. I'd like to get that someday just for collector's sake. haha[/QUOTE]

wait, is Ni No Kuni on DS in Japan?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']wait, is Ni No Kuni on DS in Japan?[/QUOTE]

Mmmhmm. The Wizard guide there comes with the DS version, IIRC.

[quote name='elessar123']Mmmhmm. The Wizard guide there comes with the DS version, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

How does it look? I can't image the whole game working on DS very well (though I suppose stranger things have happened).

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']How does it look? I can't image the whole game working on DS very well (though I suppose stranger things have happened).[/QUOTE]

We could try to describe it, but I'd be willing to be you'll get more out of youtubing it. =P

[quote name='Zaku77']We could try to describe it, but I'd be willing to be you'll get more out of youtubing it. =P[/QUote]

wow, seriously impressive that it's all voice acted (or at least everything I watched was). If I only knew how to read japanese :bouncy:

As is the norm lately, my latest pick-ups have very little to do with games. It pains me, it really does, but at least I'm saving more money. And what I got is still pretty nifty...as long as you enjoy snack foods, especially of the Japanese variety. If so, check out the spoiler.

Lots of Japanese goodies:
201303pickups7.jpg

Some close-ups:
201303pickups8.jpg

201303pickups9.jpg

201303pickups10.jpg

Everything is pretty good (except for the matcha Collon), but the 1000 Yen Bar, Puku Puku Tai (the fish), and the Tahato Caramel Corn (red bag) are freakin' delicious. The soup was also surprisingly tasty. Speaking of which...

Easily the cutest soup I've ever eaten:
201303pickups11.jpg

201303pickups12.jpg

Goodies found within the treats. Fake yen, a ceramic Pokémon coaster, and a couple of collectible pog-sized Pokémon stickers:
201303pickups13.jpg

Now I need to see if I can get some of this stuff at the local Asian market so I don't have to keep importing it!

[quote name='ZombieToast']As is the norm lately, my latest pick-ups have very little to do with games. It pains me, it really does, but at least I'm saving more money. And what I got is still pretty nifty...as long as you enjoy snack foods, especially of the Japanese variety. If so, check out the spoiler.

Lots of Japanese goodies:
201303pickups7.jpg

Some close-ups:
201303pickups8.jpg

201303pickups9.jpg

201303pickups10.jpg

Everything is pretty good (except for the matcha Collon), but the 1000 Yen Bar, Puku Puku Tai (the fish), and the Tahato Caramel Corn (red bag) are freakin' delicious. The soup was also surprisingly tasty. Speaking of which...

Easily the cutest soup I've ever eaten:
201303pickups11.jpg

201303pickups12.jpg

Goodies found within the treats. Fake yen, a ceramic Pokémon coaster, and a couple of collectible pog-sized Pokémon stickers:
201303pickups13.jpg

Now I need to see if I can get some of this stuff at the local Asian market so I don't have to keep importing it!
[/QUOTE]

They're so cool, I'd never be able to eat them;)

[quote name='DNukem170']Seriously, as much as I hate mass marketing,why is it Japan has all the cool stuff!?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I remember I was in a convenience store in Japan, and they had a special section for drinks that came with anime figures. Needless to say I couldn't help but to buy one, although the drink was nice too. :3

IMG_20130323_093013_zpsb891c6d9.jpg

Dropped by Best Buy first thing in the morning yesterday before I went to Class. I don't really trust the Store Locator. Wanted Mario Power Tennis but no go. But I still found the very last copy of Prototype 2 still marked 29.99 :lol: Also went ahead and picked up LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 for fun. It was also the last one. Surprisingly, I found 3 copies of Pikimin . Figured they would be OOS but nope, not at all.

[quote name='Olengie']
IMG_20130323_093013_zpsb891c6d9.jpg

Dropped by Best Buy first thing in the morning yesterday before I went to Class. I don't really trust the Store Locator. Wanted Mario Power Tennis but no go. But I still found the very last copy of Prototype 2 still marked 29.99 :lol: Also went ahead and picked up LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 for fun. It was also the last one. Surprisingly, I found 3 copies of Pikimin . Figured they would be OOS but nope, not at all.[/QUOTE]

harry potter is a ton of fun, and an easy platinum;)though IMO 1-4 was better (maybe I just like the stories more)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']harry potter is a ton of fun, and an easy platinum;)though IMO 1-4 was better (maybe I just like the stories more)[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. I had a lot of fun with the others so I should be able to enjoy this one too. Haha. I would've picked up 1-4 too if it was on sale. :( And I agree, I like the first books more. After the 5th, it pretty much died for me. Originally, I wasn't going to pick it up since I read the title wrong. But when I saw LEGO, that changed my mind quick. :lol:

From eBay:
20130323_210610-1.jpg

From FYE:
20130323_214028-1.jpg

20130323_210720-1.jpg

Transformers combined for $30. Gundam and IGPX are pure flips as well.

From Amazon:
Guh-roovy!

20130323_210655-1.jpg

Only paid $13 for it.

More somewhat mundane pickups:

From GoHastings St. Patricks Day sale (was $10.50 shipped)
20130323172426.jpg
From BestBuy's B2G2 DS game sale. $12 after Reward Certificates
20130323172354.jpg
Chibi Robo is self printed (messed it up, but I don't really care), and Picross 3D came with Picross DS, so that will be fun returning

These are all from the Best Buy sale. NBA wasn't from the main sale, but it was in the clearance bin for $9.99 so I figured i'd give it a try.

3AFC94BB-1534-4B7E-B880-D7521E7E9E37-1563-00000105A7E6D1DF_zpsede58307.jpg

And this I bought because I had it as a kid, and it's the only video game i've ever lost and never found again. I just felt I needed to bring it back.
3683EE10-68BC-43EA-8145-EBAED5C5395A-1563-00000105A1E98215_zps4e118d3f.jpg

From Amazon:
Guh-roovy!

20130323_210655-1.jpg

Only paid $13 for it.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that they ever released Earthworm Jim on DVD. I have the old release of 4 VHS tapes that only covered about 8 episodes. I may have to track down a copy of this..

[quote name='Drclaw411']These are all from the Best Buy sale. NBA wasn't from the main sale, but it was in the clearance bin for $9.99 so I figured i'd give it a try.

3AFC94BB-1534-4B7E-B880-D7521E7E9E37-1563-00000105A7E6D1DF_zpsede58307.jpg

And this I bought because I had it as a kid, and it's the only video game i've ever lost and never found again. I just felt I needed to bring it back.
3683EE10-68BC-43EA-8145-EBAED5C5395A-1563-00000105A1E98215_zps4e118d3f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm just wondering why you have multiple copies of Big Bumpin':drool:

They were supposed to release EWJ last summer, then it got delayed. It was quietly released but not widely. I got it for $13 but most places the cheapest you can get it is about $25-$30.

This is your standard bare bones set. Just the episodes with some standard fare menus. The fake documentaries from the VHS tapes are not here.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm just wondering why you have multiple copies of Big Bumpin':drool:[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, well I bought one from Burger King when it first came out. A friend of mine got me another copy as a joke two years ago. It's worth next to nothing in trade in value anywhere, so I just kept both.

Also, forgot to post this. Three randoms from GS. Sonic disc is scratch free :)
00229538-86AA-409A-AAF4-348338745EF9-2827-000002E3A591349D_zpsfaa3a848.jpg

picture.php

I priced Matched Target and got Skylanders Giants and the Lunchbox for $39.99. I also got Pikmin for $5 and the Wii U bag for free!

picture.php

I'm so happy to have found Baller Beats for $9 at the Best Buy sale. I really wanted the game, but I never wanted to spend the money for it. $9 for a rhythm game and a basketball sounds good to me!

picture.php

Megatron from Wal-Mart Clearance

picture.php

K-Mart 50% Off Clearance Not-Legos

picture.php

BOGO 50% Off World of Warcraft Mega Bloks. I really wanted the Zeppelin and it was on clearance, so I went for it!

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']
35hoexl.jpg

IT'S PIKACHU!!!![/QUOTE]

:applause:I'm so jealous. I just know by the time I can afford to get one, the Pikachu model is going to be super rare or something (just seems to be my luck)

DSC00499_zpsfb4632e2.jpg

Got these on Friday,
Gears from trade ins
reversible pouch from Club Nintendo
tickets to go see Archer Live!

DSC00496_zpsdf416f6b.jpg

and from this morning
Pikachu 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Geez the whole nipple thing is getting about as clever as "my Wii collects dust" and using the word "gimmick". Nipples arent on the neck last time I checked.

But anyways, Gamestop better send me one of those! They seem to be having a problem with my debit card that I also just used to buy God Of War Ascension with the free GOW Saga. I still might just grab one from Target for $40 less........even with that blizzard goin on outside!

[quote name='zlatour']Pikachu has cool nipples[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juangrande386']Geez the whole nipple thing is getting about as clever as "my Wii collects dust" and using the word "gimmick". Nipples arent on the neck last time I checked. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']camera nipples could be useful...

...wait, what:whee:[/QUOTE]

LOL

For March, I got Metal Gear Rising. That is all.

Apparently Walmart marked all their copies of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 2-disc at $5. Found the Blu-ray copy in the big $5 bin and it rang up at that price. Slipcover was trashed, but I have a steelbook I can put it in.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']:applause:I'm so jealous. I just know by the time I can afford to get one, the Pikachu model is going to be super rare or something (just seems to be my luck)[/QUOTE]
don't you have a credit card? so you can pay it off later

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']:applause:I'm so jealous. I just know by the time I can afford to get one, the Pikachu model is going to be super rare or something (just seems to be my luck)[/QUOTE]

it's only 160 at target and a little more at GoHastings

Since we are all sharing our pikachu pickup, here is mine + vita pick up.

Very excited since this was the first time I waited iine in for store opening since like ever!

IMAG0089.jpg

[quote name='YBX87']don't you have a credit card? so you can pay it off later[/QUOTE]

no, I don't actually. Please don't flame me for this (happened in another thread). And yeah, it's not super expensive, but I'm sorta saving for a Vita first (I've got so many free games from PS+ it sorta makes more sense to me).

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']no, I don't actually. Please don't flame me for this (happened in another thread). And yeah, it's not super expensive, but I'm sorta saving for a Vita first (I've got so many free games from PS+ it sorta makes more sense to me).[/QUOTE]
it does not matter to me. i just thought alot of members on cag were 20 + yrs old/ adults.

[quote name='YBX87']it does not matter to me. i just thought alot of members on cag were 20 + yrs old/ adults.[/QUOTE]

It's a video game site. Not to mention his posts were as obvious as day that's he's a minor.

[quote name='skiizim']That vita is sweet, JP import?[/QUOTE]

It is the Taiwan release with 16gb card. Already got the AC Vita with 32GB card, figured that should I ever want to use this, 16gb is more useful since I already got 2 x 4gb card that I don't know what to do with.

[quote name='needler420']It's a video game site. Not to mention his posts were as obvious as day that's he's a minor.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I forget that there are a lot of 18 and under members here, really hard to tell when you interact with an older bunch a lot more often.

[quote name='wasabi5858']It is the Taiwan release with 16gb card. Already got the AC Vita with 32GB card, figured that should I ever want to use this, 16gb is more useful since I already got 2 x 4gb card that I don't know what to do with.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing a few pics of some upcoming LE Vita consoles coming out of Asia, they looked really nice, how much did this one set you back?

I actually picked up a lot of stuff as of recently need to update with a pick. Becoming more fond of cag besides the local trolls everything is cool here. Glad I decided to stop lurking the website and become friendly lol...

just under $400. I get charge a CA sales tax because the store, one of Taiwan's largest online store, has a presence here. Doing my part for our economy I guess :)

Im still confused to why they made pikachu have nipples...

Wouldnt it have been a better move to just put the bottom half of pikachus face and where the red dots on his face are, use those 2 spots for the camera and wifi signal?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']no, I don't actually. Please don't flame me for this (happened in another thread). And yeah, it's not super expensive, but I'm sorta saving for a Vita first (I've got so many free games from PS+ it sorta makes more sense to me).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']it does not matter to me. i just thought alot of members on cag were 20 + yrs old/ adults.[/QUOTE]

Dissed.

I'm pretty sure he's a 20+ year old adult. He just doesn't believe in credit cards (I'm part of the other thread).

Edit:
[quote name='wasabi5858']It is the Taiwan release with 16gb card. Already got the AC Vita with 32GB card, figured that should I ever want to use this, 16gb is more useful since I already got 2 x 4gb card that I don't know what to do with.[/QUOTE]

What store is this? I wonder if I can get my cousin to send me one =P

[quote name='skiizim']Sometimes I forget that there are a lot of 18 and under members here, really hard to tell when you interact with an older bunch a lot more often.

I remember seeing a few pics of some upcoming LE Vita consoles coming out of Asia, they looked really nice, how much did this one set you back?[/QUOTE]

I don't exactly think a pikachu 3DS with nipples is supposed to be marketed to a older bunch. I think to sign up 13 years old is the requirement like gamefaqs. The fact this is is more dedicated to buying then typical video game discussion is why you probably don't notice. Go to gamefaqs and you'll notice.
[quote name='elessar123']Dissed.

I'm pretty sure he's a 20+ year old adult. He just doesn't believe in credit cards (I'm part of the other thread).

Edit:

What store is this? I wonder if I can get my cousin to send me one =P[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but if I recall correctly I remember he said in one of his posts he was 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back