The Official CAG May 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='myl0r']fire_thief
I'm sorry man, but you have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Srsly. At the height of my game buying (last gen), I had a ton of shit and I ended up selling almost all of my collection because I realized I was never going to play all of it; I had a bunch of games I never even played, and a bunch more I never beat. Even now I buy too much, and these 4 are the last I'm going to buy for the next few months (sans Red Dead Redemption) unless some jawdropping deal comes along.

dscn1110i.jpg

4580910874_f4d61386c4_b.jpg

Lucky star vol 6 from goozex wooo finally complete lol

and super street fighter 4 from amazon defiantly BEAST!!!!!1o1nee~!!!111!!!1

all the other posts above if your not in debt that's all that matters lol fuck credit cards

[quote name='Vulgarism']If you talk to ZxT at all, or look at his collection, you can see he is exactly that--A collector. The man has three copies of each Xenosaga game! I think Fire_thief buys games just to make people go "ooh!" and "aah!" at his large backlog. I have yet to see ZxT EVER list how much any game he bought was shipped (Got this beast for $3.28 shipped! Son of a beast on Beyonce's rack killer price!) and he certainly has NEVER posted a video talking about his pick-ups. Sure, ZxT spends more money on games in a month than I have all of this year and probably last year combined, but he has the funds, supports himself, and plays games because it's what he loves.

Yeah, I think I am gonna date that dude, now. ;)[/QUOTE]

Totally agree , well.....except for the dating that dude part ;)

by the way I think I might show my " BEAST-ASS " collection and also might share some my' rappin songs for my fella CAGernaughts . Yahh here !!! :whistle2:#

I really thought Fire_Thief was a collector up until the point he bought 3 different version of Dracula. That was just a WTF type of move. Oh, and the whole "Buying tons of PS3 games with no plans of buying a PS3" sorta added to the whole addiction theory. And has anyone noticed that most of this thread is now somehow related to Fire_Thief?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I really thought Fire_Thief was a collector up until the point he bought 3 different version of Dracula. That was just a WTF type of move. Oh, and the whole "Buying tons of PS3 games with no plans of buying a PS3" sorta added to the whole addiction theory. And has anyone noticed that most of this thread is now somehow related to Fire_Thief?[/QUOTE]

I remember about 2-3 years ago I literally bought EVERY single new release and I didnt think of it as being an addiction . But then once I started running out of money I noticed it was an addiction, I am a compulsive buyer * was a compulsive buy *. I just had to realize it, I was in denial , and that is exactly what Thief is in . I lost my long loved girlfriend over fucking videogames , that is just ridiculous. I got to the point where I thought I had to go to a psychologist lol . I am not a compulsive buyer :D and I am glad I finally came out of denial that I was.

@ Fire_Thief just face that fact that you need to stop buyer complete shovelware shit and get more responsible. All I mean by that is atleast I bought good games when I bought a large amounts of them. Also the day you move out of your parent's house is going to be sooo damn hard for you , good luck not being on 3rd Ave in NYC with a sign in your hand saying you'll work for videogames.

* I just made up " 3rd Ave. " *

I mean, all he's doing is dropping $5 here and there on some used games, yet you guys are making it seem like he's dropping thousands of dollars buying up new games at full retail price. Let this country boy do his "thang" and spend all his money. Who cares? He provides these threads with entertainment (assuming you enjoy watching train wrecks as they happen). For that, we should be thankful.

Fire_Thief: Keep doing what you're doing, and don't let these "haters" get to you.

[quote name='lmz00']I mean, all he's doing is dropping $5 here and there on some used games, yet you guys are making it seem like he's dropping thousands of dollars buying up new games at full retail price. Let this country boy do his "thang" and spend all his money. Who cares? He provides these threads with entertainment (assuming you enjoy watching train wrecks as they happen). For that, we should be thankful.

Fire_Thief: Keep doing what you're doing, and don't let these "haters" get to you.[/QUOTE]

Well, first off, the $5 here and then ends up being at least $100 a week, if not more. No reasonable middle-class citizen should be able to spend that much on a hobby (since he lives with his parents, it doesn't effect him yet). We wouldn't have such a big problem if he didn't come in here waving his pick-ups like they are amazing... Sure, he can pick up useless Xbox games for $5.42 shipped! but we all can if we just look a little bit. Go find Saetia's lowball sale... He was a collector, but then realized how useless having hundreds of games sitting around was, and ended up making a couple thousand off reselling his games. Worthwhile games... When Fire_Thief is hard for money in a year or two, nobody is gonna pay much for Pulse Racer on Xbox or Ed, Edd, and Eddy on PS2. He says his girlfriend has no problem with it, but if he wants to stick with her, and she realizes he won't be able to support himself because of his video game buying addiction, she'll tell him it's her or the games, and then he'll have to cuddle with his DBZ boxsets at night instead.

[quote name='lmz00']I mean, all he's doing is dropping $5 here and there on some used games, yet you guys are making it seem like he's dropping thousands of dollars buying up new games at full retail price. Let this country boy do his "thang" and spend all his money. Who cares? He provides these threads with entertainment (assuming you enjoy watching train wrecks as they happen). For that, we should be thankful.

Fire_Thief: Keep doing what you're doing, and don't let these "haters" get to you.[/QUOTE]
No. If I saw an alcoholic going back for drink after drink, I would feel compelled to say something.
When I see a compulsive spender going back to spend, spend, spend, I feel compelled to say something.

You are right, he can spend his money however he wants. But that doesn't mean he SHOULD spend it however he wants. I would not be surprised if over the past six months dude has spent around $5k.
Instead of spending it on games, he could be saving his money to buy something that has actual value. Save money to pay for college so you have less student loans. Save money to help buy a house one day. Invest some money.

I bet Fire_Thief has little to no debt. Car probably paid off, no mortgage, no credit card bills. That's a powerful thing. I know some people don't like his philosophy, but I love Dave Ramsey. I challenge Fire_Thief to buy a copy of his book "The Total Money Makeover" and read it. Dude could seriously be rich one day if he would save/invest some of that money!

I can't remember the exact figures, but I read this somewhere.
Person 1 puts $1000/month in savings from the time he's 18 til he's 25. After that, he doesn't save a dime.
Person 2 spends all his money from 18-25, but decides at 25 to start saving $1000/month. He does this until he's 65
At the age of 65, who has more cash to retire? Person 1, by around $70,000(I think that was the right figure). That's the power of compound interest over time.

Again, i'm not saying Fire_Thief needs to save $1k per month. If the guy wants to buy a few games to play, that's fine. But buying just to buy is not wise. I'm trying to adopt a new rule. I can't buy any games until I beat 2 out of my backlog(or if I don't beat it, if I don't like it I have to trade it out/get rid of it).
Again, I challege Fire_Thief to check out that book. Honestly, anyone who's broke/in debt should try it. I think it's on sale on daveramsey.com for $10 right now.

[quote name='myl0r']fire_thief
I'm sorry man, but you have a problem. I'm not trying to hate on you, I'm serious. You have a spending problem.
I can't even begin to imagine how much money you could have by the time you were 28 if you were wise with your money. I never had as much money to blow as you did, but at almost 26, if I could go back to be your age, I would be much more wise with my money, and it saddens me to see you waste your money the way you do.
Game spending is fine. Gaming is a hobby. Buy a few games you wanna play and enjoy. Life is short, so why not. But you are buying just to buy. You won't even play 80% of what you have bought. That's probably a low estimate as well.

Again, not trying to hate. Just saying, I think you have a spending addiction.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so maybe the man is a little excessive, but I got to hand it to him; he is entertaining. Planetscape Torment for $20? That's a good deal for a great game in my opinion. As long as he doesn't get hard up for money, he doesn't stand to lose too much on picking up obscure titles on the cheap. Worse case scenario he spent $5 on a game that he can price for $4 at a flea market. And some of items he picked out might be good investments, so the most he can lose is his time and effort.

[quote name='lolwut?']Srsly. At the height of my game buying (last gen), I had a ton of shit and I ended up selling almost all of my collection because I realized I was never going to play all of it; I had a bunch of games I never even played, and a bunch more I never beat. Even now I buy too much, and these 4 are the last I'm going to buy for the next few months (sans Red Dead Redemption) unless some jawdropping deal comes along.
[/QUOTE]

same here - i usually buy 2-3 times a year some older games i wanted to play so for 80-120$ i have buttload of games to play for next 5-6 months(and future replaying since i only sell games when i sell console they are for and i love mastering them). since i bought last month 3 racing simulations i picked up Logitech Drive Race FX Wheel for 90$.

20$ for Planetscape Torment is terrible deal if you ask me. i've picked up Legends of RPG bundle for 16$ brand new and it is basically retail compilation of: Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate II, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II, Lionheart and Planescape: Torment with every official expansion for those games.

yeah, we have awesome publishers in my country so i have plenty compilations of great pc games. i picked up that way Operation Flashpoint Anthology(first game with all expansion packs) for 8$ on launch day 3 years ago, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War(first game and all 3 expansions) for 16$, Earth Universe(all 3 Earth games and 3 expansions) for 7$ and Stronghold Compilation(all Stronghold games with expansions and additional maps) for 10$.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vulgarism']Well, first off, the $5 here and then ends up being at least $100 a week, if not more. No reasonable middle-class citizen should be able to spend that much on a hobby[/QUOTE]
$400 a month really isn't all that much. That's like a concert ticket or an hour with a hooker.
[quote name='myl0r']No. If I saw an alcoholic going back for drink after drink, I would feel compelled to say something.
[/QUOTE]
I would too, although, it'd probably be something like "Come look at this guy. Let's see what he does."

I totally agree with what you posted about stashing money away and taking advantage of your compounding years, though. I know it sounds extreme, but if I were this guy, I'd just stash my entire paycheck away each month and wouldn't touch a penny of it and just let it accumulate. The sooner you can retire, the better. I'm sure it won't be hard to find Dora the Explorer for the Wii or Hannah Montana for the DS years from now, anyway.

[quote name='lmz00']$400 a month really isn't all that much. That's like a concert ticket or an hour with a hooker.

I would too, although, it'd probably be something like "Come look at this guy. Let's see what he does."

I totally agree with what you posted about stashing money away and taking advantage of your compounding years, though. I know it sounds extreme, but if I were this guy, I'd just stash my entire paycheck away each month and wouldn't touch a penny of it and just let it accumulate. The sooner you can retire, the better. I'm sure it won't be hard to find Dora the Explorer for the Wii or Hannah Montana for the DS years from now, anyway.[/QUOTE]

If somebody would spend $400 a month on video games, on average, it adds up... Hell, let's say somebody only spends $200 a month on video games... Three new games... It's almost $2500 a year you could save up, or spend on other things, like food (since a certain someone who sparked this whole conversation mentioned he ate fast food pretty much every day a few threads back - just don't ask which month...) or kittens or hookers. I guess just thinking of spending even over $100 a month on games is pretty outrageous in my book, but I don't really collect video games like others on this site.

[quote name='Vulgarism']If somebody would spend $400 a month on video games, on average, it adds up... Hell, let's say somebody only spends $200 a month on video games... Three new games... It's almost $2500 a year you could save up, or spend on other things, like food (since a certain someone who sparked this whole conversation mentioned he ate fast food pretty much every day a few threads back - just don't ask which month...) or kittens or hookers. I guess just thinking of spending even over $100 a month on games is pretty outrageous in my book, but I don't really collect video games like others on this site.[/QUOTE]

...I spend way too much money on video games as well, but I also do a lot of other things to save money. I don't have cable, I don't have a land line, I don't buy new clothes, I don't go out to eat, I don't go to the movies, I don't have a house payment (I own it), I don't have a car payment (I own it), I cook all my own food, I freeze everything I can, I flip when I can and only once in a blue moon do I ever pay MSRP. In fact, while my video game spending has gone up in the last year, my over all spending has gone way down.

The truth of the matter is, we don't really know how Fire_Thief spends all his money. For all we know, he's a very efficient hoarder and at the end of the day he has a net gain. (Personally, I'm more shocked when people buy new over priced Chevys [Cadillac], Toyotas [Lexus], Volkswagens [Audi], Fords [Lincoln],ect.)

...However, I do like the rule that someone else suggested in the thread: Don't buy a new game until you beat two that you already own and I really should adopt it. (Even though, as I say this I just received a new PSOne/LCD screen combo I bought from a lowball)

lol

ITT we have a Fire Thief intervention

Ninja edit: Haha Blue Stinger. That was one of the first games I got on Dreamcast (along with Zombie Revenge). I used to think it was so awesome; now it's more like a Deadly Premonition, where it's so bad that it is awesome.

My bad, I thought you were speaking generally. Yes, $400 a month on video games is excessive, especially if they're used.

Anywho, to get back on topic, here are some of my most recent pick-ups. They're pretty BEASTLY, if I may say so myself! All of them were purchased on eBay, brand new/factory sealed:
2yphhyx.jpg

2n7ds3q.jpg

20nlhh.jpg

124bnfc.jpg

I haven't played it in like 10 years. I never got past the part where you're in some pool hall, but I do have fond memories of the game. I bought my second copy like 4 or 5 years ago, but it turned out to be a dud from the defective first batch of DC games, and since I left the guy positive feedback before I opened it, there was nothing I could do.

[quote name='lmz00']I haven't played it in like 10 years. I never got past the part where you're in some pool hall, but I do have fond memories of the game. I bought my second copy like 4 or 5 years ago, but it turned out to be a dud from the defective first batch of DC games, and since I left the guy positive feedback before I opened it, there was nothing I could do.[/QUOTE]

Your green Nintendo 64 makes me weep. I had the blue one, but always wanted to get the green one. Looks like you had got a great haul :D

I really dont understand why myl0r and everyone else is telling Fire_Thief how to spend HIS money. Why the fuck do you guys care so damn much? Honestly. If he likes buying games that much then it is his freedom to do so. Worry about your own financial situation rather than telling him what to do. Or is it that you guys are just jealous that he spends that much or is able to do so?

How are his spending habits any different than mine? If you think about it mine is actually a bit worse since I dont buy shovelware and buy more rare/newer games on a pretty frequent basis. In my defense I put money in my retirement every month as well as put money in my savings account.

You can preach all day to him about spending money and how to be more smart with it etc... It is his choice, if it bites him in the ass down the line that is HIS problem. Don't try to act all high and mighty about his purchasing habits and worry about your own for christ's sake.

@Fire_thief
Keep the purchases coming buddy if that is what you want to do. Just try and refrain from calling shovelware level games "beast" ;) And for the record I actually like your pick up videos. It is a nice break from mountains of text pick ups and even pictures.

[quote name='Vulgarism']If somebody would spend $400 a month on video games, on average, it adds up... Hell, let's say somebody only spends $200 a month on video games... Three new games... It's almost $2500 a year you could save up, or spend on other things, like food (since a certain someone who sparked this whole conversation mentioned he ate fast food pretty much every day a few threads back - just don't ask which month...) or kittens or hookers. I guess just thinking of spending even over $100 a month on games is pretty outrageous in my book, but I don't really collect video games like others on this site.[/QUOTE]

When I was a teenager I limited my game spending to 2-3 games for my birthday and 2-3 for Christmas, so that was usually 100-120 x 2 = $240 max a year. Plus since it was gifts it was usually out of my father's wallet (He was just happy that we were out of the days of $72 SNES carts, like Robotrek). Plus I bought a lot of stuff like Tactics Ogre, the first Persona, Vandal Hearts, Valkyrie Profile (!) so my collection didn't depreciate as badly as some.

I think the worst I did was when I went on a Gamestop spending binge when I first started working (Okay, besides shelling out $1500 for a computer to play Fallout 2) I think on two separate weeks I used up my entire paycheck on games--then I had to stop because I got overloaded.

In recent years my core PS2 collection was rather small (got a PS2 in 2004 and I only had about ten or twelve games for it). My spending really hit a low back in 2008 when Persona 3: FES was the only game I bought that year.

Zoom to present day CAG, my spending is back up on PS2 and PS1 titles, but most everything I've bought has been undervalued and/or flippable.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Your green Nintendo 64 makes me weep. I had the blue one, but always wanted to get the green one. Looks like you had got a great haul :D[/QUOTE]
Man, I wish they had ice blue N64s. Or even grape or smoke, for that matter. I'd take those over jungle green any day.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I really dont understand why myl0r and everyone else is telling Fire_Thief how to spend HIS money. Why the fuck do you guys care so damn much? Honestly. If he likes buying games that much then it is his freedom to do so. Worry about your own financial situation rather than telling him what to do. Or is it that you guys are just jealous that he spends that much or is able to do so?

How are his spending habits any different than mine? If you think about it mine is actually a bit worse since I dont buy shovelware and buy more rare/newer games on a pretty frequent basis. In my defense I put money in my retirement every month as well as put money in my savings account.

You can preach all day to him about spending money and how to be more smart with it etc... It is his choice, if it bites him in the ass down the line that is HIS problem. Don't try to act all high and mighty about his purchasing habits and worry about your own for christ's sake.

@Fire_thief
Keep the purchases coming buddy if that is what you want to do. Just try and refrain from calling shovelware level games "beast" ;) And for the record I actually like your pick up videos. It is a nice break from mountains of text pick ups and even pictures.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vulgarism']If you talk to ZxT at all, or look at his collection, you can see he is exactly that--A collector. The man has three copies of each Xenosaga game! I think Fire_thief buys games just to make people go "ooh!" and "aah!" at his large backlog. I have yet to see ZxT EVER list how much any game he bought was shipped (Got this beast for $3.28 shipped! Son of a beast on Beyonce's rack killer price!) and he certainly has NEVER posted a video talking about his pick-ups. Sure, ZxT spends more money on games in a month than I have all of this year and probably last year combined, but he has the funds, supports himself, and plays games because it's what he loves.

Yeah, I think I am gonna date that dude, now. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's the big difference between you and him: you support yourself and he doesn't. We're not trying to tell him how to spend his money, we're just trying to make him more aware of what's really important lately. You've said it best, when you were in college, you had to sell a large part of your collection to make ends meet. The biggest problem is the games you had to drop probably were more valuable and helped you get the cash you needed in rough times.

If he wants to put all his money into video games, it's his choice and none of us can tell him different, but I've seen people throw away money in hobbies and then have to sadly part with the things they cared about because they ran out of money. I'm guilty of that, actually. I've sold my drums just to make sure I could pay my bills and keep going for another month.

[quote name='Vulgarism']That's the big difference between you and him: you support yourself and he doesn't. We're not trying to tell him how to spend his money, we're just trying to make him more aware of what's really important lately. You've said it best, when you were in college, you had to sell a large part of your collection to make ends meet. The biggest problem is the games you had to drop probably were more valuable and helped you get the cash you needed in rough times.

If he wants to put all his money into video games, it's his choice and none of us can tell him different, but I've seen people throw away money in hobbies and then have to sadly part with the things they cared about because they ran out of money. I'm guilty of that, actually. I've sold my drums just to make sure I could pay my bills and keep going for another month.[/QUOTE]

I did have to sell stuff in college. Just the thought of that makes me sad, especially since a lot of that stuff is worth a good chunk of change now and I have no desire to pay inflated ebay price to get some of it back. Don't remind me of what was once mine Vulgar. ;)

Coincidentally, Fire_Thief sent me a PM last night asking what my job and such. He looks like a young kid and most young kids are not that savy as to just how valuable saving money actually is. Hell I was somewhat like him when I was younger. However, I think there is a fine line to giving advice (like Vlugar and a few others have) and comparing him with an alcoholic (like many other people have). I agree with the former and the latter is complete horseshit and nonsense.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...extremely-interested-getting-financially.html

I'm a 17 year old... Extremely interested in getting financially free. I dont want to work a 9-5 for the rest of my life. Thats why I want to start NOW. I am a senior come August, so I still have a whole year to do things before I head off to college. This seems to be a great resource, I will enjoy my stay. I'd love some tips from everyone. I currently have $800, and after reading the 3k to 1M thread, I wont be buying that ipod touch that I wanted haha. I plan on getting a job and saving everything I make... So I can get some money to put my foot in the door.

The plot thickens.

I simply said that when I see a compulsive spender(especially one that we all know is young and, as you even stated, probably doesn't appreciate how valuable it is to save money), that I feel compelled to say something about his reckless spending.
And I did not liken him to an alcoholic, I simply said it would be the same if I saw an alcoholic. I would feel compelled to say something about their reckless spending.

And I have said quite a few times that he can spend his money how he wants. I understand that. I've tried to remain courteous throughout, offering my opinion. The few times that I might have gotten a bit upset was not in response to his spending, but to others ENCOURAGING him to spend spend spend. In fact, when I made the comment about trying to help a compulsive spender the same way I would try to help a compulsive drinker, it was in response to someone calling myself and other's "haters" and encouraging him to "do his 'thang'" because it provided the thread with entertainment. If f_t wants to spend all his money on things, I can't stop him, but I won't encourage him simply because it makes this thread more entertaining.

I think those of us getting upset and wanting to offer suggestions on his spending is harmless. He can take it or leave it.
The ones who are not doing any good are the ones mocking his rapping and making fun of him. Perhaps it would be more beneficial to call out those trying to hurt him instead of those trying to help him.

I think most of us are just trying to look out for Fire_Thief. A lot of us were in a similar situation and ended up in debt or something worse. I know he enjoys buying games and I do as well, but when it comes time for him to get his priorities in order, he'll have a very hard time giving up his spending hobby.

On a side note and to get back on topic.

Purchased 2 more games and that will be it for me until I am overseas (going to Korea next weekend for 10 days :D). Got Glory of Heracles & Sakura Wars :wii: bundle w/artbook from Rosenqueen. :)

I will be purchasing a Japanese Xbox for sure. Still undecided on a Lightning PS3 though. I will also be getting a few games as well for my Japan Xbox. Also will be looking for another Magna Carta 2 LE. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']On a side note and to get back on topic.

Purchased 2 more games and that will be it for me until I am overseas (going to Korea next weekend for 10 days :D). Got Glory of Heracles & Sakura Wars :wii: bundle w/artbook from Rosenqueen. :)

I will be purchasing a Japanese Xbox for sure. Still undecided on a Lightning PS3 though. I will also be getting a few games as well for my Japan Xbox. Also will be looking for another Magna Carta 2 LE. :D[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as how you WON'T be on, you should send me a Korean DVD/Blu-Ray care package to let me know everything is okay and you're alive. Thanks! Have fun! ;)

Firstly, congrats on stalking me. That fastlanetomillions post was well over a year ago... check the date it was posted. -_-

Here's all my purchases since I last updated... If I can remember...

FujiFilm FinePix 12MP Digital Camera (Black) $88 shipped at Amazon... $22 off.

Sanyo eneloop AA batteries and charger... $20 shipped... The best batteries there are. Keep their charge even a year not in use. I'll use these for my camera and controllers.

Backyard Wrestling - Xbox, $4.23 shipped. My first game on Xbox, back in 04. I bought my Xbox for this game. Loved it. Never sell your games people.

Blitz the League - Xbox, $4 shipped... Owned and enjoyed this back in the day... M rated football.

Cross Edge - PS3, new, $20 shipped at Amazon after $10 credit.

House of the Dead - DVD, $3 shipped. This movie entertained me. Owned it on VHS back in the day. I've seen it quite a few times... more than anyone should.

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - Xbox, $8.74 shipped. Owned this back at release and enjoyed it a lot.

Chicago Enforcer - Xbox, $6 shipped. Underrated and unknown gems ftw.

Legacy of Kain Defiance - Xbox, $4.25 shipped. Gothic style sickly game.

Dynasty Warriors 3 - Xbox, $6 shipped. Finally, I own a DW game. Played this years ago and it was sick.

Silent Hill 2 - PS2, $11.53 shipped. First game I ever rented on my PS2, back in 02. Game is sick as hell... Scary as hell. Love it.

Koudelka - PS1, $22.25 shipped. 4 discs of awesome RPG action... complete and mint. Always wanted this one.. I love obscure and rare PS1 games.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - Xbox, $8.74 shipped. Owned this back at release and enjoyed it a lot.

Koudelka - PS1, $22.25 shipped. 4 discs of awesome RPG action... complete and mint. Always wanted this one.. I love obscure and rare PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

Nice on the TimeSplitters purchase. I liked that game quite a bit myself.

Secondly did you get Koudelka off of ebay? That is around the price I want it for again (one of those I sold off way back when in college)

SOCOM Confrontation & Cold Front map pack on PSN - $22.50
Call of Duty MW2 (PS3) - $33
Rock Band 2, LittleBigPlanet GOTY, & Fallout 3 - $52

Solid.

Yep, got Koudelka off eBay. I always got outbid at 20 bucks so I finally put in a higher bid. I have been contantly getting outbid on Brave Fencer Musashi, even at 26 bucks. But I'll get it eventually.

More purchases:

Just dropped $19 on these apps:

Vampire Origins
Hook Champ
Canabalt
Dark Void Zero
Plants Vs Zombies
Tilt to Live
Hysteria Project

Gosh DAMMIT I went in on these apps tonight. I really need to slow my ass down. But I've had my eye on these for a while. So it was totally worth it. I'm gonna be so pissed when they go on sale.

Drake of the 99 Dragons - Xbox, New - $4.03 shipped. Yeah it's bad but I like buying bad games sometimes. For instance I found lots of enjoyment in Kabuki Warriors.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']
House of the Dead - DVD, $3 shipped. This movie entertained me. Owned it on VHS back in the day. I've seen it quite a few times... more than anyone should.

[/QUOTE]

If 2003 is back in the day.. whew.. I'm old :cry:

[quote name='Denzalo']If 2003 is back in the day.. whew.. I'm old :cry:[/QUOTE]

Dude... that's 7 years lol.

Bought:

Extermination - PS2, $6 shipped. Enjoyed the demo back in the day.

Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends - PS2, $4... I always liked the cover to this. I needed a DW game on my PS2.

Dynasty Warriors 4 - Xbox, $4... I now have all the DW games on Xbox. =]

may010pickups.png

PSP 3000 - 80$. I got this from craigslist. The lady who I bought it from put a screen protector directly after she bought it - screen has no scratches whatsoever. It included the charger and a 1gb Memory Stick. I've never owned a PSP before, so I can't wait to start playing it.

Grandia III and Ico - 8$ for both. Both of these came from a local pawn shop that doesn't price their games individually. They both came with their manuals.

picture.php

Comics! + PSOne

(It was really an average week as far as new releases go, but I picked up 2 back issues that I had on order [they sold out], I picked up a $1 comic as an impulse buy and also got a free comic.)

Some from today:

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Xbox, $8.03 shipped. Another sick CV game.

WWE Wrestlemania XXI - Xbox, $7.25 shipped. This game, I remember reading lots about. It has tons of features and was my #1 most wanted wrestling game... finally got it.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance - Xbox, $5 shipped. I own it on PS2 but wanted the Xbox version for completionist purposes.

Tenchu: Return From Darkness - Xbox, $4 shipped. Remember playing the demo.

Mad Dog Mccree: Gunslinger's Pack - Wii, $14.42 shipped. Finally, I add this awesome, awesome beast to my collection. Full of Sega CD goodness. I hope to see a return in FMV games... They attract me to them, hence this and Hysteria Project on my iPod touch.

I agree, what an awesome, awesome beast.

You're just fucking beast mode all day dude! You're just that fuckin boss! Guccis for life!

Just SOME from today? Why are you holding out on us like that? NOT cool, bro. We're all dying to see the rest.

Well, I bought a colorful bag for my girlfriend. I'm gonna surprise her with it tomorrow. I think it looks pretty cool. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it on here, since you all want to know. Got a Subway footlong and a Mountain Dew for lunch.

Just paid one cent for the Indie Bundle, and told them to split it evenly. Lmao.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Well, I bought a colorful bag for my girlfriend. I'm gonna surprise her with it tomorrow. I think it looks pretty cool. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it on here, since you all want to know. Got a Subway footlong and a Mountain Dew for lunch.

Just paid one cent for the Indie Bundle, and told them to split it evenly. Lmao.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Man, you got them! I hope the Child's Play fund can find a shitty game for those kids in the hospitals! I envy you, bro! I bet that bag is so beast, it's like beastiality, by the way.

It's really sad how you guys continually rag on Fire_theif. Sure, he talks different than you do, but seriously, leave the guy alone.

Although, it is a pretty big dick move to pay 1 penny, tell them to split it evenly, then think it's funny. That is what is killing indie developers and what is going to prevent awesome games like World of Goo from coming out again.

You guys are aware that it costs a minimum of 30 cents to process each transaction so paying a cent is actually worse than just torrenting it.

Pickup for the month:
inFAMOUS

[quote name='Fatso2027']It's really sad how you guys continually rag on Fire_theif. Sure, he talks different than you do, but seriously, leave the guy alone.
[/QUOTE]Its not just that; he used to post on GameTZ with the account Gucci_Mane, and was a total dick to everyone, sent me multiple lowball offers, and got banned I think for just being an asshole. Now he lives with his parents and buys tons of shit, talks like a retard, and thinks its hilarious to steal from indie developers.

And honestly if you fucktards think I am serious in 98% of my posts then you are just impossibly stupid. I didn't even fucking download those indie games at all, my 5 year old emachines piece of shit couldn't even run world of goo, it can barely run Windows XP. I just enjoy getting a reaction out of all of you.

I want to sell all 250 of my original XBox games, complete with manual, three new controllers, a new HD AV pack and a new/sealed system to Fire_Thief for several thousand dollars. The ball's in your court, Fire_Thief.

$50 shipped. Give me 30 games. Darkslime is an ass, just like on gametz. He's the real troll. Loves getting a reaction.... sounds familiar. That's what a troll does. I am no troll. I am beast. I am legendary. And I love pissin' your ass off.

I'm not saying you're a troll, just an asshole. I actually hope you are a troll because you are such a pathetic person, and keep humiliating yourself. We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you.

bread's done
Back