The Official CAG May 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='lolwut?']I have no words right now.

dscn1129u.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I know. Tony Hawk Ride was a terrible game :p

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I know. Tony Hawk Ride was a terrible game :p[/QUOTE]

I knew that was coming before I even posted. For $11, I'll give it a shot

From the flea market:
Orange Box (360)-$3
Whizz-$3
Kirby 64-$2
Goldeneye-$2
Diddy Kong Racing-$2

The 3 N64 games are going to Play N Trade for a AES game they're holding for me. Orange Box Im keeping as well as Whizz

Used to love this as a kid (see my avatar), but I never owned it. Just rented it at least once a month. I've played it emulated before, but it's not the same. So I finally broke down and bought it.

NES Wizards & Warriors II: Iron Sword, cart only, $4

Some other random stuff:

PS1 Colony Wars, used - complete, $4
PS1 Twisted Metal 3, used - complete, $5
:ps2: Metal Saga, used - complete, $3
:xbox: Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, new, $5

Also, I found a camera at my job a few months ago which no one claimed after sitting in the office for a month. So I brought it home and looked on the memory card, and there was only one random picture of a tree on it nothing to identify an owner. So I looked on eBay and found a battery charger for like $4 and I have a new camera. Not as good as my Fujifilm S5000 was before that stupid CCD sensor or whatever it is broke, but it's better than nothing.

[quote name='nnthomas']

edit: Except the ones in text, those are new

Not bad pickups either, aside from the horrid PS1 Star Wars game and horrid Gundamn PS3 game[/QUOTE]

Thanks! As for the SW game, I have fond memories of playing the demo A LOT wayyy back in the day, like 97. I finally bought it so I can play the full game. As for Crossfire, I have heard some people say it actually is fun, so I'm giving it that chance.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Thanks! As for the SW game, I have fond memories of playing the demo A LOT wayyy back in the day, like 97. I finally bought it so I can play the full game. As for Crossfire, I have heard some people say it actually is fun, so I'm giving it that chance.[/QUOTE]

YOU WERE FOUR!!!

Jesus, does it ever stop?

I really had no intention on buying any more games this month, but when I saw these @ FYE on sale for $8 each in this condition, I couldn't help myself.

downsized0522002003.jpg

0522002005.jpg

0522002006.jpg

I might sell my copy of Tapout 2 that I already had since this one is in much better condition.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I was 6...[/QUOTE]

I too, have decided to invest all of my money into things I enjoyed when I was six. I now have a house full of Chef Boyardee, roller blades, and crushing sadness.

When I was four I played Lemmings all the time (not very well) and then I bought the port for PSP! Am I turning into fire_thief???!?!?

[quote name='mistymayem']When I was four I played Lemmings all the time (not very well) and then I bought the port for PSP! Am I turning into fire_thief???!?!?[/QUOTE]

I loved that game as a kid. Is the port any good?

the only thing i remember when i was 4-8 are times when me and my brother were skipping retreat organised by our local church(it was mandatory during school) to play some Contra and Super Mario Bros on NES. during retreat school was closed so we were playing video games all day.

plus times spend in shed with one of the girls from my group in kindergarten, but remembering this would probably made me pedophile and sex predator.

[quote name='autopiloton']I loved that game as a kid. Is the port any good?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought it was pretty fun. It has all the original levels with updated graphics plus like 30 new ones. It also has a level editor (I've never tried it) and level sharing but they took down the servers a year or 2 ago.

DSC04187.jpg

From Goodwill I picked up
200 CD book that is practically brand new - $1.99
Boomerang Soundtrack - $1.00
Da Vinci Code Audiobook - $2.99

And Scarface was part of GameStop's Used Deals Of The Week

My earliest video game related memories consist of playing SMW/F-Zero/Pilotwings whenever I'd be at my cousins' house, although every now and then I'd go to someone's house that had a regular Nintendo with SMB/Duck Hunt.

Eventually, my folks finally caved and got me my own SNES when I was 5. That was back when Dillard's still had electronics sections. Those were the days.

Otogi - Xbox, $6

Otogi 2 - Xbox, $10.50

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time - Wii, $16

Muramasa The Demon Blade - Wii, New - $15

Last Rebellion - PS3, $28

Shadow of the Colossus - PS2, 12 bucks (Other copy is too scratched)

Twisted Metal Black - PS2, 8 bucks

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi - PS1, $6

Hot Shots Golf 2 - PS1, $6

Grind Session - PS1, $3.84

JamPack Summer 2K Demo - PS1, $5

Punch-Out!! - Wii, $21.39

Dynasty Warriors Gundam - PS3, $10.50

Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire - PS3, $10

Hot Shots Golf 3 - PS2, $4

Hot Shots Golf 4 - PS2, $4

Tomb Raider Chronicles - PS1, $11

Area 51 - Xbox, $6

Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn - PS1, $6 (An awesome 2 disc Metal Gear clone no one knows about.)

Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2 - PS2, $10

OMG!!!!!! I just won Thief: Deadly Shadows on Xbox, off eBay, complete, for $4.73 shipped! That's less than 5 dollars! AMAZING!!!!!! I'm beyond excited.

RIVEN: The Sequel To Mist - PS1, FIVE DISCS LONG - $8 shipped, complete. What an amazing price.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're trying to impress a bunch of strangers with your collection, you're not going to do it by purchasing a truckload of used games. Take a moment to let that sink in.

Now, if everything you had was factory sealed, things would be different.

Pretty sure he already posted like half of those; although for someone who's "cured," it's still too much.

Seriously dude, there's no way you need Hot Shots Golf 2, 3, and 4.

I really love the Hot Shots games. Also, I keep adding to my post. Check out my newest ones. I'm still cured, just splurging a bit since I got paid a few days ago.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I really love the Hot Shots games. Also, I keep adding to my post. Check out my newest ones. I'm still cured, just splurging a bit since I got paid a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

No, you're not "cured"... None of us expected you to stick to your word, so enjoy it when you need money down the road and want to sell off your collection and get $.25 per game. Oh, and a quick Google search leading to a tattoo forum that hates you more than we do made me laugh a lot. Keep it up, bro!

[quote name='Vulgarism']No, you're not "cured"... None of us expected you to stick to your word, so enjoy it when you need money down the road and want to sell off your collection and get $.25 per game. Oh, and a quick Google search leading to a tattoo forum that hates you more than we do made me laugh a lot. Keep it up, bro![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh! I googled it and was greeted with hilarity!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']So should I re-name this thread May CAG Pick-Ups Thread "The Shovelware" edition? :lol:[/QUOTE]

How bout "The Fire_thief falls horribly into debt edition"?

[quote name='Vulgarism']No, you're not "cured"... None of us expected you to stick to your word, so enjoy it when you need money down the road and want to sell off your collection and get $.25 per game. Oh, and a quick Google search leading to a tattoo forum that hates you more than we do made me laugh a lot. Keep it up, bro![/QUOTE]

Wow I seem to have stumbled on another funny site where Fire_Thief has been:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/showthread.php?t=300703

http://www.myspace.com/undergroundflavor11

Fire_Thief have you joined 75% of the forums on the internet?

I want someone to find a forum where fire_thief didn't act like a 5 year old. That would be more shocking at this point.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Lmao, wow. There's more guys, keep looking.[/QUOTE]

Are you honestly proud of this?

Part of me just wants to use the ignore feature on Fire_Thief, but he's just such a weird little troll. He's gotten really good. (How does one get banned from a Tattoo forum?!)

...Did anyone pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 today? The wait is going to kill me. :cry:
[On the plus side, my $20 in Amazon game credits already today!]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillerRamen']Part of me just wants to use the ignore feature on Fire_Thief, but he's just such a weird little troll. He's gotten really good. (How does one get banned from a Tattoo forum?!)

...Did anyone pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 today? The wait is going to kill me. :(
[On the plus side, my $20 in Amazon game credits already today!][/QUOTE]

It's impossible to want to bar yourself from his antics, I never could.

Anyways, I've been able to get a little bit of cash this month, so I'll post my pick-ups soon. First time ever!

[quote name='Got_Wii']I miss the days of the old official pickup threads, when they were on topic, May has turned into 85% F_T drama/humor. lol[/QUOTE]

But I find this so much more entertaining!

[quote name='BlackwaterMerk']Im having trouble believing Fire_Thief is a real person..... I think he's an advanced bot from the future.[/QUOTE]

Oh he is trust me, I always use the ignore feature but whenever someone quotes him it leaves what he says as a blank and I just cant help but unblock him. I swear he has fucking mind control or something :bomb::bomb:

let's help Fire_Thief and ban him from pick-up threads.

my recent pick-ups are finally in town so i should get them from courier today. sadly my cam is broken and i'm left with old digital camera(i can film with up to 10 frames per second :/) so i might end up taking few pictures of last 6 games i got.

I am beast. I am one. I am legion. And I recorded that bitch using the Rock Band Mic. LMAO. However, I copped a Samson CO1U so now my shit is clear and pristine.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I am beast. I am one. I am legion. And I recorded that bitch using the Rock Band Mic. LMAO. However, I copped a Samson CO1U so now my shit is clear and pristine.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't change that it sucks.....

FireThief is the most interesting man in the world, he beat the shit out of the mexican guy drinking dos equis and claimed the title...no doubt about it.

bread's done
Back