The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

I haven't posted on here for a while, but this deal was too good to not brag about :)

I saw an ad trading a like new Deluxe Wii U (CiB) with Nintendoland, NSMB U and Scribblenauts for a PS3 and some games.  I have a PS3 and some extra games lying around from cheap gamestop buys (Haze, Lair, Socom Confrontation) and went and bought a 250gb Super Slim PS3 from a pawn shop for $180 (the pawn shop guy also threw in Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron and Persona 3 both for PSP).  The Wii U guy was up for the trade, so we met and it went great.

Basically I got a deluxe wii u and 2 extra games for $180.  I'll probably sell scribblenauts for around $30 and only be about $155 out of pocket after everything is done.

I just traded my X-Box 360 copy of WWE 13 that I haven't played in months for a Black Wii w/ all the cords, sensor bar and 2 Wiimotes straight up and I've tested it and it works flawlessly...The 2 Wiimotes aren't Nintendo ones but since I already have another Wii w/ 2 Nintendo Wiimotes they are kinda just extra controllers...no games or nunchucks but I thought it was a pretty good deal for me...Best part about it for me is that it's Black and matches my Tv and everything else in the living room so I can take my Red Wii and put it in the bedroom and can cancel my xbox live gold since I only use it for netflix and now I can stream for free with the Wii's in both rooms...

Just finalized a deal, picking it up tomorrow so I will post pics then but too excited to not post the deal!!!

All systems come with appropriate hook-ups and at least 1 controller (most have 2 or 3)
Atari 2600
SNES
Sega Genesis 2 with Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2

He sent me a list of 30 games, said there are over 100 in all, and almost all are complete other than Atari and NES games.

Some games:
Final Fantasy II CIB
Nights into Dreams CIB
Megaman X and X2 cart only
Parasite Eve II CIB
Metroid NES CIB

The best part is.....$100.00!!! At this point I don't care if everything even has marker on it, which he says it doesn't. It is an hour away from me but seems totally worth it. Will post some pics tomorrow or Friday after the transaction is done.
So I made this deal and was super happy with it. Well I've gone and flipped a bunch of stuff I already had extras of or didn't want, and made a huge payday. The best news is with all of this extra money I finally can buy a nice ring for my lady (hoping she says yes)!!! Ending up flipping everything I didn't want for just over $1,000. Needed around that much to get to 3k for the ring fund. Can't be happier!

Just finalized a deal, picking it up tomorrow so I will post pics then but too excited to not post the deal!!!

All systems come with appropriate hook-ups and at least 1 controller (most have 2 or 3)
Atari 2600
SNES
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2

He sent me a list of 30 games, said there are over 100 in all, and almost all are complete other than Atari and NES games.

Some games:
Final Fantasy II CIB
Nights into Dreams CIB
Parasite Eve II CIB
Metroid NES CIB

The best part is.....$100.00!!! At this point I don't care if everything even has marker on it, which he says it doesn't. It is an hour away from me but seems totally worth it. Will post some pics tomorrow or Friday after the transaction is done.
So I made this deal and was super happy with it. Well I've gone and flipped a bunch of stuff I already had extras of or didn't want, and made a huge payday. The best news is with all of this extra money I finally can buy a nice ring for my lady (hoping she says yes)!!! Ending up flipping everything I didn't want for just over $1,000. Needed around that much to get to 3k for the ring fund. Can't be happier!
Did you sell Nights or keep it? Congrats btw

Atari 2600
SNES
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2

Some games:
Final Fantasy II CIB
Nights into Dreams CIB
Parasite Eve II CIB
Metroid NES CIB

Great deal and good luck with the proposal!!
Remember for the future, lady first, games second ;D
Always nice to hear some good real life news from fellow CAGs

Thanks guys, I ended up keeping Nights, love that game and finally got a Saturn again so I can play it.  Luckily she knows she is first, and at the same time is totally hooked into collecting retro stuff from our childhood (she's 23 I'm 25) so we hunt shops and yard sales together.  It's a pretty awesome thing to do together and also helps alleviate expenses for me since we share them!  I'll let everyone know in this thread after I pop the question, I'm trying to find the right time/place to make it memorable!

Thanks guys, I ended up keeping Nights, love that game and finally got a Saturn again so I can play it. Luckily she knows she is first, and at the same time is totally hooked into collecting retro stuff from our childhood (she's 23 I'm 25) so we hunt shops and yard sales together. It's a pretty awesome thing to do together and also helps alleviate expenses for me since we share them! I'll let everyone know in this thread after I pop the question, I'm trying to find the right time/place to make it memorable!
Ah we have the opposite problems. You have Nights and need a Saturn, I have a Saturn but need Nights! You should also check out the game Astal. It's a beautifully drawn 2D platformer that holds up very well today.

If yard sales/antique shops are what you guys do together why not try to roll that in somehow? I was going to suggest put the ring at someone's yard sale for her to find but on second thought nope that is a bad idea unless you know the person and there's no other customers to swipe it before she finds it.

I found this lot on CL. I offered the guy $400 and he countered at $500. I accepted the $500. I was supposed to pick up tonight, but he backed out saying someone offered him $700

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/vgm/3870011854.html
I had a find like that once while I was in Las Vegas. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I think my find was something like $300 and included 2 Marvel Vs. Capcom 2's back when the game sold for $80ish and it also had tons of other systems and games. Still probably the best find I've ever had.

I found this lot on CL. I offered the guy $400 and he countered at $500. I accepted the $500. I was supposed to pick up tonight, but he backed out saying someone offered him $700

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if this guy was shitting you because he changed his mind..........his listing is still up so I sent him an offer of $475 just to see if he was BSing you.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if this guy was shitting you because he changed his mind..........his listing is still up so I sent him an offer of $475 just to see if he was BSing you.
haha thanks, as it turns out the buyer who messaged him and said he would pay $700 lowballed him at $350 at the meet up. So the seller got mad at the guy for promising $700 and wasting his time to drive 45 minutes to the meet. He called me and I picked it all up today :)

^^^ Also late to the posting. I can't see the origianl ad. I can't wait to see what your got for all that money.

I managed to pick this up today for $45. Only need Mega Man 1 for my MM collection.

haha thanks, as it turns out the buyer who messaged him and said he would pay $700 lowballed him at $350 at the meet up. So the seller got mad at the guy for promising $700 and wasting his time to drive 45 minutes to the meet. He called me and I picked it all up today :)
I'm glad to hear that was you, I just noticed a little while ago that he did get back to me last night. He didn't even try to counter offer he just replied back "sorry, sold for 500".

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on getting the lot but I was tardy to the party so I didn't see what was in the listing. I'd love to see pics of what you got.
Attached are pics. Highlights are Monster Rancher PS1 and Wipeout XL PS1 both Factory Sealed, Rival Schools PS1, Spyro blk label Ps1, Sega Pico in Box, Sonic for Sega Pico boxed, Zelda CE for gamecube, Grandia II PS2, Batman Forever Sega Saturn, Kingdom Hearts blk label PS2, Rain Shower Game and Watch Electronic Game, Robotrek SNES, Oscar SNES and Bandit Kings of Ancient China NES - box & manual only.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

atux.jpg

Got all this for about $100.

(Cubivore is actually a really fun game!)

atux.jpg

Got all this for about $100.

(Cubivore is actually a really fun game!)
Damn, nice get. How do people not know that Xenoblade or Metroid trilogy alone cost that much?
Well Xenoblade cover is reversed (took me a sec to realize it was Xenoblade), and you can buy the separate primes for about ~$30 or less

I'm surprised it wasn't more because of the Zelda game. a lot of craigslist have crazy prices because of either Mario or Zelda games >.>

Hey guys, I need some advice on a possible deal. I've been talking I this guy for about a week and told him the highest I can go is $500, but we couldn't come to an agreement. Today he text me and said I can have it for $600. Do you think it's worth it?

http://williamsport.craigslist.org/vgm/3877857840.html

I think it's a pretty good bundle, but do you guys think the value is there? Thanks for any suggestions.

It's less than $3 an item. Go for it if you have the cash. Besides, if he really maximize the value, he would've charged over $1200 which has been seen in many an ad.

Thank you for the perspective, it does sound pretty good at less than $3 per item. I didn't add everything up of course beforehand, but I figured everything had to total at least $1000. I think I'm gonna message him and try to set it up. Thanks again.

Hey guys, I need some advice on a possible deal. I've been talking I this guy for about a week and told him the highest I can go is $500, but we couldn't come to an agreement. Today he text me and said I can have it for $600. Do you think it's worth it?

I think it's a pretty good bundle, but do you guys think the value is there? Thanks for any suggestions.
Personally I think you can get a better deal. Nothing in that bundle look particularly valuable. What exactly do you want it for, are you planning to resell somethings? A lot of those games are sports games as well and any multi-disc game is mentioned as a separate game.

Personally I think you can get a better deal. Nothing in that bundle look particularly valuable. What exactly do you want it for, are you planning to resell somethings? A lot of those games are sports games as well and any multi-disc game is mentioned as a separate game.
x2

i picked up a very nice and clean red 3ds xl and mario vs sonic london games for $85.. ill trade in the london game for $15 so i can have a very cheap 3ds xl.

im glad i got a 3ds xl finally so i dont have to open my ainmal crossing or pikachu bundles.

x2
x3 seems like too much dreck vs the good stuff for $600 be it you want to keep, sell or keep some sell some and all of the work it would be to test/clean that stuff before selling.

The one thing I'd be concerned about how much of the value is locked up in systems; however it still might be a good break-even type lot if you want to keep a few and resell the rest to get your money back. Another thing with bulk purchases like that is that you never know what freebies might come out of the woodwork; those NES manuals for example could help offset the junkiness of the ps1/ps2 selection.

Found a prototype Xbox "Dakota" controller today. Pretty lucky find considering it wasn't mentioned in the listing, I just happened to notice it in a photo.

So today I was able to complete three craigslist transactions.. All of them stellar!

1. Met at IHOP at 7am and I picked up complete gamecube zelda: Twilight Princess for $15.

2. Met at Chick Fila for a broken slim PS3 and 2 controllers for $30. I arrive and he only has one official controller and the PS3 is missing its warranty sticker. so I still buy it for $30.

3. Met at Chick Fila across town and pick up a Black 3ds, Kid Icarus, Pokemon Heart Gold, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 64 DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World DS, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 with some other game cases and stylus for $120.

I went to gamestop after and traded the controller for $28.80, 3ds for $112.50 and Mk7, Mario 64,PES 2011 for $44..

I cant believe everyone showed up on time!

Also the PS3 works without any fixing!! so a $1.20 PS3!

The only thing I am really interested in myself is FFVII. Just because its black label. I think I'll pass on it. Thanks for the input. It's too much for me to drop sight unseen especially since he said the condition of the games vary.

Got a PS3 slim the same day I saw the ad, which is rare.  120GB free space, with two controllers and Madden 13 and Skyrim for $150. Once I trade the two in, it's more like $130.  Not a GREAT deal, but pretty nice since PS3s are still $300 new, and used are $200 with one controller in stores.

I had a pretty sweet find a week or two ago that I never got around to bragging about (or snapping pictures of):

$150 for an R2D2 Xbox 360 (320 GB) with 2 controllers (no 3PO, unfortunately) and:

Black Ops 2

Assassins Creed 3

GTA IV Complete

Arkham City GOTY

Gears of War Judgement

Gears of War 3

Halo 2

The guy didn't have a price on his listing so I texted $150 assuming it to be a total lowball, but he was fine with it. I kept the system and gears games, then traded in my old system (250GB slim) and the rest of the games for $260 after bonuses at Gamestop. Some decent profit to put towards next gen. Not to mention how freaking awesome the R2 system is.

Had a CL trade today. Someone wanted to trade his stuff for a Different game system, he advertised for an xbox.
He had a gameboy with all the Pokemon gameboy games, red, blue, crystal, gold, silver ( no yellow, sadly) and trading card game plus link cables.

I had an extra limited edition pokemon DS lite that I picked up at a garage sale a couple weeks ago for $10. I offered that with a couple Star Wars DS games that none of my kids play and he took it.

Basically I got everything for $10, since that's what that DS cost me originally. I'm happy.

Well, today I probably missed out on the single best posting on my local craigslist in all the years I've been watching it.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/3917349347.html

Posted at 10:44, didn't see it til nearly 3 PM. Of course I sent an email anyway, but there's no way I'm getting a reply.
Most likely that is a collector messing with people, but in the slight chance its not the new thing on Craigslist is all these people from Reddit that email and tell the person eBay prices on stuff to kill deals like this.

Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, the thought did occur to me but it's not much of a prank if so. It's baffling to think of some guy reading my "hey man I'm interested in these" email and getting any kind of worthwhile laughs out of it.  :???: But then people post ads for fake yard sales and shit all the time so who knows.

Well, today I probably missed out on the single best posting on my local craigslist in all the years I've been watching it.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/3917349347.html

Posted at 10:44, didn't see it til nearly 3 PM. Of course I sent an email anyway, but there's no way I'm getting a reply.
I saw that ad minutes after posting, It was so cliche I didnt even bother trying to contact the person.

Right before that I picked up, a n64 and 37 games with some solid titles for 75 bucks, right in, levittown my own backyard. Otherwise, coming across a good deal on LI and NYC is rare for me now a days, i used to find good deals weekly.

I saw that ad minutes after posting, It was so cliche I didnt even bother trying to contact the person.

Right before that I picked up, a n64 and 37 games with some solid titles for 75 bucks, right in, levittown my own backyard. Otherwise, coming across a good deal on LI and NYC is rare for me now a days, i used to find good deals weekly.
I also saw that sega saturn post hours later, never got a reply.

And I agree that it's so hard to find a good deal on li and nyc craiglists these days, and if you do, they are gone real quick.

I used to get good deals weekly, now I'm lucky I make one good deal on their every couple of months

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/ele/3918576003.html

I'm interested in the Hori Tekken stick, since it's 20 and could be a cheap enough project if I swap out the PCB. I could add Sanwa buttons but it looks like I'll have to file down the metal tabs, But I'm not too sure about getting it. Hmm...
That stick routinely sells for 20 these days for a reason. Its incredibly tight spaced, making pcb swaps a pain. Button swaps are not impossible but not pop in and swap. The stick swap is insanely difficult. Its best to use it as is for someone who doesnt know about fighters and get a real stick for yourself.

bread's done
Back