The Official June CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - Support Line Approved! 1-800-BETS-OFF

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Nice! I love Earth Defense Force 2017, and that European cover art is much better than the NA version.
Oh and your dogs are adorable Kissfuldreamer :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both counts, I wish the EDF2017 U.S. cover looked more like that. Other regions always get much better artwork :(

Well, since I won't be picking up much this month, I'll just cheat and post last month's picks. I ONT CURR!

DVDs:
That is my second copy of Audition, so it's staying sealed. Not much to say. Lost in Time isn't available over here and I was really excited to pick it up cheap.
p_00688.jpg

Japanese Imports:
Got all of these off Ebay for under $20 with shipping. Digital Holmes and Jissen Pachi Slot are both sealed. Digital Holmes is the only one that seems to be story driven, so that will be the only hard one to play. The rest are cheap shovelware for the most part, but Kaido Battle looks pretty awesome, as does Underwater Unit.
p_00691.jpg

PS2 Games:
I really wanted a black label Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2, and got them for a pretty sweet price (again, under $20). Street Fighter and Metal Slug 4/5 were in a trade for Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva. I got Silent Hill plus the strat guide for $5 together off Craigslist. Not the best condition, but good price. Plus, I printed up my own Silent Hill cover art and put it in a PS2 case so it'd fit in with the rest of my PS2 Silent Hill games. Oh, and The Bouncer was only $1.99, and I'd like to complete my Squaresoft PS2 collection.
p_00689.jpg

p_00690.jpg

[quote name='Fire_Thief']

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wii, $26

Sick price on this one... Gotta pay high for premium. Been wanting this one since launch.

GunGrave - PS2, $7.83

Always wanted this one too...[/QUOTE]

I paid $20 for my sealed TP.

GunGrave isn't too bad! I actually need to add that to my collection as well.

I have some pickups but waiting for them to arrive. Went a little Blu-Ray crazy. Plus since I fucked up my PSP while on vacation I had to trade some stuff in towards the MGS Peace Walker Bundle. :bomb:

I finally used the $20 giftcard from Amazon for buying Red Dead Redemption and got a 1600 MS points card which will be used to buy the Dragon Age Darkspawn Chronicles DLC and then saved for the Monkey Island 2 SE.

I renewed my OXM subscription since it was only $5 at Amazon for a year, and Mass Effect should be coming from Goozex this week (I had the platinum hits edition but my ocd requires the original case :shame:).

No more purchases from me until Mafia II in August, now I need to work on getting the backlog taken care of. (Actually, that's a lie -- I always buy a DS or PSP game in July to take on vacation, and this year it will either be Persona 3 or Dragon Quest IX)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I paid $20 for my sealed TP.

GunGrave isn't too bad! I actually need to add that to my collection as well.

I have some pickups but waiting for them to arrive. Went a little Blu-Ray crazy. Plus since I fucked up my PSP while on vacation I had to trade some stuff in towards the MGS Peace Walker Bundle. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

My PSP died this week too... I was a little surprised that it was still in Warranty (a year is a bit long for a handheld), but it's all good. It kind of sucks that I'll have Disgaea Infinite next week and no PSP, but I guess this gives me an excuse to fire up the old DS.

The UMD drive really sucks (I hope Sony makes the Go not suck at E3, I actually would like one). This is the second time a UMD drive has gone bad on me.

Are you getting the standard or the Big Boss (they're the same price)? I'm not sure if I'm like the camo, but the green looks kind of cool.

[quote name='KillerRamen']My PSP died this week too... I was a little surprised that it was still in Warranty (a year is a bit long for a handheld), but it's all good. It kind of sucks that I'll have Disgaea Infinite next week and no PSP, but I guess this gives me an excuse to fire up the old DS.

The UMD drive really sucks (I hope Sony makes the Go not suck at E3, I actually would like one). This is the second time a UMD drive has gone bad on me.

Are you getting the standard or the Big Boss (they're the same price)? I'm not sure if I'm like the camo, but the green looks kind of cool.[/QUOTE]

I got the standard one. The Emerald green looks so cool. The camo one is fucking ugly as sin. Too bad though since it comes with a bigger memory stick... oh wells. I also have the CE of Peace Walker Reserved. And thanks for reminding me of Disgaea Infinite. I completely spaced it! Going to pre-order it off amazon today. :)

Going to try and tone it down this June, as I spent way too much this past month...
(Amazon)
Red Dead Redemption - $60 + $20 Gift Card
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $50-20 + $20 Gift Card
Glory of Heracles - $11-10 + $10 Gift Card
3D Dot Game Heroes - $16(used old gift cards)

(Gamestop)

God of War III - $24 + $10 Gift Card
Grandia III - $5(net)
Killzone 2 + LittleBigPlanet - $25
Resistance 2 + Infamous - $25
Disgaea 3 - $8(net)

(Goozex)

Mega Man Soccer
Aidyn Chronicles
Secret of Evermore
Double Dragon III
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness
Strider
Solomon's Key
Black
Blast Corps
Enchanted Arms
Kirby 64
Mega Man 4

(Trades)
Mega Man X2 & X3 - $56
Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, Lunar SCCC - $150
Alan Wake LE
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions - $5
Uncharted 2, Alundra, Wild Arms 2 Full Metal Panic!
The Beatles Rock Band, Oni 1600 MSP
Skies of Arcadia Legends, Dark Cloud 2 Borderlands

I did however outright sell my Guild War's Collector's Edition for $350, net $295, so I'm justifying all the buying in my head.

Got this in yesterday-

Battle B-Daman:Fire Spirits (complete) 150 points goozex

Rhapsody, A Musical Adventure ps1 (complete) $20 ebay

White Wii (newest bundle w/Wii Sports Resort and all that) - $154 out the door. :D

No pics, but I'm sure most, if not all, of you know what the box looks like.. :p

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Don't even bother with it. He thinks it's awesome to post all these shitty pick-ups, we see it for what it really is.

He's fucking pathetic, but it's easier to shake your head and move on. Once he stops getting a rise out of us, hopefully he'll go away. I think that, right now, he's posting this crap just to get a rise out of his "haters".[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I see that my post was just doing I didn't want to do (give him attention). You have my apologizes CAG.

Last comment about Crash Bash: lol @ justifying Crash Bash by using the "many people like it on gamefaqs!" explanation. I have seen many people enjoy Batman Forever, doesn't magically make it a good game. :lol:

GunGrave Overdose - PS2, $8

P.S. I enjoyed Batman Forever myself, and own it on Genesis and Game Gear.

*Edit*

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - PS1, Black Label - $10.50

Loved this one back in the day. Never sell your games, people. Nice holographic cover on here. =]

Virtual Chess 64!!!!

Always wanted it... Never got around to getting it... Well I just ordered it off Amazon for $5.14 shipped. This is awesome. =]

Die Hard Vendetta - GameCube, $7

Always wanted this one. Exclusive and violent. :p

Crash: Mind Over Mutant - 360, $15

[quote name='Fire_Thief']GunGrave Overdose - PS2, $8

*Edit*

Loved this one back in the day. Never sell your games, people. Nice holographic cover on here. =][/QUOTE]

People have said it before, and I'll say it again; not all of us can afford to live and keep our collection as well. I sold a huge chunk of my collection in my lowball sale and I don't mind really. It's nice to not be buried under games you'll never get to.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']GunGrave Overdose - PS2, $8

*Edit*

Loved this one back in the day. Never sell your games, people. Nice holographic cover on here. =][/QUOTE]

Batman Forever was terrible. Prior to Arkham the ONLY Batman game worth a shit was Batman Returns on SNES. Every other Batman game has sucked a big fat one except Akrham & Returns.

To get back on topic. I should have pictures of my pick ups tomorrow or on friday since they should be coming in then. Gotta love Amazon Prime :D

Just picked up a basically brand new Wii Fit Plus bundle off CL for $70 that includes a cover for the board.

I liked Batman Forever on the SNES. :[
And I've never sold/traded in games, I'm just buying stuff I already own so I can have sealed copies/systems.

[quote name='lmz00']I liked Batman Forever on the SNES. :[
And I've never sold/traded in games, I'm just buying stuff I already own so I can have sealed copies/systems.[/QUOTE]

To each his own. I didnt care for it. I liked Returns way better. You and fire_thief have something in common. You both like that game (granted it is on different consoles). :cool:

I liked the SNES version too, that's the one I played first cause my friend got it when it first came out. We had lots of fun in that stupid versus mode, fighting them clowns and shit.

Prior to Arkham the ONLY Batman game worth a shit was Batman Returns on SNES. Every other Batman game has sucked a big fat one except Akrham & Returns.

Batman by Sunsoft for NES was purty good

i have only got oxm and psm subscriptions so far this month couldnt pass up for 5 each
been a long drought for me in games. i wont spend over 15 dollars for a game, i have only done it once in last 5 years, and that was for gta iv after cat knocked over my 360 and put the ring around the disk

[quote name='nnthomas']Batman by Sunsoft for NES was purty good[/QUOTE]

It has been so long since I played that game I had to google it. I dont remember it too well. I might have to be on the lookout for that one for cheap. ;)

EDIT: Just like the poster above me I couldn't pass up subs to OXM & Nintendo Power for $5 ea for a year. I am thinking of ordering one more set of each for another $10 and have them for 2 years :D

picked up

:360: 1 Year OXM w/ Disc $5 - Amazon
:ps3: 1 year PSM w/ Disc $5 - Amazon
:pc: 1 year PC Gamer w/ Disc $5 - Amazon

:psp: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - $14.48 shipped eBay ( nice deal )
:psp: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $7 shipped eBay

Wasn't Batman Forever that shitty SNES Batman game that, in a way, was ahead of its time because it was a cartridge with loading times? I think it's the one where a screen would say "Hang on!" between levels before it would start up. :lol:

just picked up Breaking Bad season 1 for 12, and Dexter Season 1 for 17. oh yeah and i got OXM for a year for $5

Fire_thief, on average how many hours do you spend playing games? per week or day whatever... i just dont see my self putting any time into any of the games you buy...

Californication: The First Season
Californication: The Second Season

Whatever Happened to Baron Von Shock #1
2001 Maniacs Special #1
2001 Maniacs SDCC Special

[quote name='darkslime']Hurr durr avgn is sooooo funny[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if that was in response to me, but I actually own the cart and I don't get your reference (though I know your shtick/gimmick and really shouldn't even be responding...)

Red Dead Redemption - 44$
FIFA 2010 - 34$
Just Cause 2 - 34$

Gamestop deal, 25% off order of 100$ or more. Wanted all these games super bad. Also 10% off of FIFA and Just Cause 2 because they were used.

[quote name='kingtrojan']kissfuldreamer nice pickup on the Persona 2 strat guide, where did you find it so cheap[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! There's a local mom and pop store and they usually only price up high profile games such as Final Fantasy. Most niche titles go unnoticed, so I was lucky to get the guides and Onie Piece from there at very cheap prices.

:ps3:UFC Undisputed 2010
:ps3:Red Dead Redemption
:pc:Call of Duty: World At War (Had a $25 Amazon credit, so I snagged this for a whopping $.93)

June Pick-ups.

Added 3rd year to my OXM sub
2 Boxes of Pull-Ups (Potty Training almost complete, this should make it to the end YAY!!!)
MW2 Resurgence Pack

Gonna have to unsub to the thread so I don't have to see F_T's face in his tag. Every time I see it I want to kick it.

Back in a week or so to post more pick-ups.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']June Pick-ups.

Added 3rd year to my OXM sub
2 Boxes of Pull-Ups (Potty Training almost complete, this should make it to the end YAY!!!)
MW2 Resurgence Pack

Gonna have to unsub to the thread so I don't have to see F_T's face in his tag. Every time I see it I want to kick it.

Back in a week or so to post more pick-ups.[/QUOTE]

Glad I am not the only person that hates that pic lol

Picked up last night:

:ps3:Madden 2010 $12
:ps3: Socom Confrontation $6
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man $6

Looking at bicycles tonight and I might buy one of those too.

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php
[/QUOTE]
Nice! You snag it for $31 from the Ubistore??

Anyways; here's mine
Cod Black ops poster for pre-order (will probably cancel though, too many games coming out and not enough cash)
halo graphic novel - $7
resident evil umbrella conspiracy - $5
red dead redemption - $10 (traded in PSP 1000 for $55-ish I think)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Batman Forever was terrible. Prior to Arkham the ONLY Batman game worth a shit was Batman Returns on SNES. Every other Batman game has sucked a big fat one except Akrham & Returns.

To get back on topic. I should have pictures of my pick ups tomorrow or on friday since they should be coming in then. Gotta love Amazon Prime :D[/QUOTE]
Ah I remember Batman Returns :D But; for the SNES? I remember playing it on the Genesis, unless it was a different game or it was multi-plat?

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']
Ah I remember Batman Returns :D But; for the SNES? I remember playing it on the Genesis, unless it was a different game or it was multi-plat?[/QUOTE]

snes-batman-returns-box-front.jpg

Ahh this game was so fun. I need get it again :D

Wait, no mention of Batman for NES? Doesn't anybody remember the days when wall-jump was a major breakthrough?

I don't normally talk about the shit I buy, but I thought this was worthy:
I wasn't planning on getting a SE stick (I have a MvC TE coming my way), but I saw someone selling a SE and a Fightpad on eBay together. The initial bid was only $40, shipping was only $4, the buyer said everything was like new, and the listing had zero bids. I spotted it when there were 8 or so hours left, and I debated bidding, but I chose not to until right near the end; I knew I didn't need another stick, and I didn't just want to throw one down only to be outbid later. Unfortunately I slept through the listing's end, but no one ended up bidding! I sent the seller a message telling him I'd buy it if he re-listed with a BIN of his initial price (40) and he agreed.

The SE came in it's original box, with the instructions and movelist, but I guess there was a mic adapter that wasn't included. The stuff is in excellent condition, although I don't think I would've called it like new. I'm happy though; the pad is decent, and the SE is much nicer than I imagined it being.

dscn1449py.jpg

dscn1464j.jpg

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']It has been so long since I played that game I had to google it. I dont remember it too well. I might have to be on the lookout for that one for cheap. ;)

EDIT: Just like the poster above me I couldn't pass up subs to OXM & Nintendo Power for $5 ea for a year. I am thinking of ordering one more set of each for another $10 and have them for 2 years :D[/QUOTE]

What, you just buy through Amazon and it automatically adds it? I'd like to get another year of NP, PCG and OPM tacked on if that's the case!

dude, can you even talk if you have your hands tied behind your back?

you look like your trying to fly

F_T dude... i hate to say this, but you seem to at least have a decent knowledge of the game history and related titles. if you could cut the gangster wigger crap and just show the pickups ( no matter how bad ) and some info on them... you really would not be that bad, this wasn't too terrible during the actual games section, and the for $7 ill take it BRAH actually kinda made me chuckle.. not in a comedic way but it just shows the nature of your character... love ya or hate ya... you have character

Thanks ya'll. For the record, it's "BRUH", not "BRAH" in this instance, but deff, on some real shit. I do know this stuff. But my accent is who I am. Hate it or love it. But I know all about these games and their history.

bread's done
Back