The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

Total Recoil from UK developer Eiconic Games is coming to Vita in NA on July 9th.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttVSydfDnU4

Anybody play history legends of war on your vita yet? I'm very interested but cannot find it anywhere. I know someone said it was $20 on zavvi but that was in pounds not dollars. I don't really want to spend $40 on it.

NISA announced two games for Vita today:

NIS America is thrilled to announce that the critically acclaimed dungeon-crawling RPG, Demon Gaze, will be making its way to the PlayStation Vita in both North America and Europe early next year. As the main character Oz, you will explore beautiful 3D dungeons as you fight against a myriad of highly detailed and illustrated monsters in order to bolster your party with ever stronger equipment. Fans of HD anime artwork and dungeon exploration will enjoy gazing upon this title in early 2014!

For more information, please visit http://www.nisamerica.com/demongaze

About the game:

Oz awakens to find himself in Misred — a cursed land at the world's western frontier — with a dark shroud covering certain memories of his past. The land before him contains many labyrinths that hold both treasure and danger in equal volumes. Without knowing where else to go or what else to do, Oz decides to take up arms in order to hunt down artifacts and eke out a living in this world that feels so new to him. One day, he will have to face his past, but until then, he has no choice but to trust those around him, and in his newfound abilities as a “Demon Gazer”...

Key features:
  • Dungeon RPG progress system: Conquer locations within dungeons to access better items and to draw out the boss!
  • HD character and monster illustrations: Experience highly detailed and illustrated art like you’ve never seen before on the PS Vita’s OLED screen!
  • Customizable party creation: Choose from more than 90 different character portraits, 5 different races, and 8 different classes and create your ideal adventuring party to delve fearlessly into various beautiful 3D dungeons!
  • Subclass flexibility: Utilize special items to gain skills from several other character classes to maximize your characters’ battle potential and survivability!
  • Touchscreen quicktravel: Employ the use of the PS Vita’s touch screen to quickly navigate your character through previously explored areas within dungeons!
That game is $39.99.

NIS America is thrilled to announce that the highly popular mystery adventure game, DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation Vita in both North America and Europe early next year. The game is a revised and revamped edition of a title originally released on the PlayStation Portable in Japan in 2010. You’ll take on the role of Makoto Naegi, a desperately average teenager who somehow finds himself accepted into Hope's Peak Academy, a prestigious high school normally reserved for the nation's most "ultimate" students. But when he arrives, he and the other students soon find themselves trapped in a battle for survival against a twisted mastermind who has taken them all prisoner. You'll have to unmask the villain and uncover the secret of the school...or die trying!

For more information, please visit http://www.nisamerica.com/danganrompa/

About the game:

Hope's Peak Academy is home to Japan's best and brightest high school students — the beacons of hope for the future. But that hope suddenly dies when Makoto Naegi and his classmates find themselves imprisoned in the school, cut off from the outside world and subject to the whims of a strange, murderous little bear named Monokuma. He pits the students against each other, promising freedom to anyone who can murder a fellow classmate and get away with it. It's up to you to find out who Monokuma really is, and why you've been taken from the world you once knew. But be careful what you wish for — sometimes there’s nothing more deadly than the truth...

Key features:
  • Daily Life, Deadly Life: Trapped in a school-turned-prison, students are murdering each other one by one. You’ll have to investigate each incident, search for clues, and talk to your classmates to try and get to the bottom of each brutal case!
  • Mock Trial: The nefarious Monokuma serves as judge, jury, and executioner as you engage in deadly wordplay, going back and forth with suspects, dissecting their statements and firing their words back at them to expose their lies!
  • Popularity Contest: Sway classmates to your side in each investigation, squeezing information from them to figure out who did it. And when you do, turn up the heat in a variety of timing and reflex-based game systems to uncover the truth and save your skin!

I got my used Vita (from ebay) and am super happy that it came as described: perfect condition!

So anyway, I like this thing, but I have a problem that has cropped up. When I first went to the PS store and downloaded some of my PS+ games, I was able to queue up lots of games for download and it was no problem. But now I'm having an issue where I start one thing downloading, and then if I try to queue up another thing (even if the first thing finished downloading) I get stuck at the preparing download... pop up message, or whatever it says. And if I try to cancel the download that popup goes away, but the store is grayed out and if I try to press the PS button to quit out, it just puts up a you can't do this symbol. I'm stuck. The only solution I've found is to power off (completely) and power back up.

I should mention that what I'm downloading now are Pinball Arcade tables, but I'm not sure that's relevant because in my original batch of downloads, that included a lot of PA stuff and there was no problem.

So two things - has anyone else had this issue and second, is there a way to force quit an application without powering off completely?

I wish there was a Vita MLB.tv app. If there is one I couldn't find it. Seems like it would be a great device for watching baseball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the above problem is not just happening on my Vita. So that's good - means it's not a problem with my Vita specifically.

On different note: is there a release date for Spelunky? I am really looking forward to that.

I've had this problem as well, quite frequently since April or so. And I don't know any way to resolve it other than a hard reboot (forcing system off). 

Apparently the above problem is not just happening on my Vita. So that's good - means it's not a problem with my Vita specifically.

On different note: is there a release date for Spelunky? I am really looking forward to that.
Yeah I have the same problem from time to time. Then I give up and download one thing at a time.

How do you get the memory card out? My Vita came with a card installed, but unlike game cards, the memory card doesn't seem to stick out of the slot so I can't push on it to pop it out. ???

Ah - I see what the problem was. I was looking at the slot beside the game card slot. Didn't realize the memory card was on the edge next to the USB cable port. :) The memory card was already in the Vita when I got it.

Jeff Minter says he expects TxK to be out for Vita this year. It's coming along on schedule.

I'm considering buying Guacamelee, but didn't that go on sale on PS+ at one point? I should have bought it then. It sounds fun, but I really wish there were demos for all download games, like there is for XBLA and XBLIG. I'll probably take a chance anyway, but I really wish I could try before buying.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/18/worms-revolution-extreme-explodes-onto-ps-vita-this-year/

Team 17 is bringing Worms Revolution to the Vita as Worms Revolution Extreme. It has all of the single-player stuff along with local and online multiplayer. The new stuff includes a new cross-gift feature that lets you unlock stuff in both versions of the game if you or a friend has the other version along with Cross Save support. You can use the touchscreen to select weapons or zoom in/out the camera and the rear touch pad can be used to aim weapons.

Besides the slipped rumor of Injustice GOTY hitting Vita, there's also:

Tekken Revolution for Vita (big maybe, depending on popularity of PS3 version)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/24/4458564/tekken-revolution-could-come-to-ps-vita-in-the-future-says-franchise

Ultra Street Fighter 4 for Vita (gigantic maybe but probably not but it sure would be nice and make me happy)

http://www.psvitahub.com/2013/07/fans-ask-for-ultra-street-fighter-4-on.html

I know most people are sick to death of fighters in general, but I can't get enough of em.  If I could get a Tekken game and the latest SF4 ported I could lock myself away for months.  And still suck at them all.

Telltale said at SDCC that unlike the first season of The Walking Dead: The Game, there wil be no delay for the second season of the Vita version and it will launch the same day as other versions.

Disappointed to find out tonight that the Vita USB cable doesn't seem to be a normal cable. I have a portable USB battery charger which works great with our iPhones, the 3DS and other devices but doesn't seem to do anything for a Vita. Is there a 3rd party USB charging cable that would work with it? The charger has both 1A and 2A USB ports.

Also, you can try a demo of Guacamelee at GameStop. I tried it tonight and it definitely seems fun and looks purty. I think I'm going to buy it.

Disappointed to find out tonight that the Vita USB cable doesn't seem to be a normal cable. I have a portable USB battery charger which works great with our iPhones, the 3DS and other devices but doesn't seem to do anything for a Vita. Is there a 3rd party USB charging cable that would work with it? The charger has both 1A and 2A USB ports.

Also, you can try a demo of Guacamelee at GameStop. I tried it tonight and it definitely seems fun and looks purty. I think I'm going to buy it.

If you like Metroidvania games then Gacamelee is a must buy. The two main knocks against it are that it might be a bit short for some and that one of the bosses is a PITA to beat. That said, it's easily one of the top 5 Vita games.

Short games are good from my perspective. I rarely make it to the end of long games. PITA bosses, though, that's different. Hopefully it's not that bad. One thing that was a bit weird about this game on Vita is that you use the buttons for attacks and jumps and such, but also the right analog stick for dodging. That seems a bit awkward. Does it control that way on PS3?

I got this in and... it doesn't seem to work. I tried it both with my portable battery pack. No power. I also tried it with a wall USB charger and that didn't work either. At least the portable battery has both 1A and 2A ports, and neither worked. So either this doesn't work, or perhaps more likely, I just got a defective one. Hopefully that's it. I'm going to send it back for an exchange. Hopefully the replacement works.

The portable battery pack does a funny little light blink sequence for a moment when I plug in the Vita with this adapter, but it doesn't charge.

My replacement USB charging adapter thing came in and the 2nd one doesn't work either. This time I also tried it with and iPad charger and that didn't work even though others say it did for them. But also I tried with the Vita powered off, both with and without the adapter and that didn't work either. Could there be something wrong with my Vita USB cable? It works with the Vita AC adapter, though. Confused.

Sounds like that adaptor is junk. It's tough for me to buy cheaper like that cause you typically get what you pay for. I'd return it altogether and just buy a second vita adaptor if you really need it. I know it's not convenient.

I don't want a 2nd Vita AC adapter, I want to plug into my portable battery and charge the Vita with that. My portable battery has much higher capacity than the Sony one, and besides that I already have it. Just to be clear, this is a small adapter that you plug into the Vita USB cable and it is supposed to allow you to charge via anything, such as portable batteries. Others seem to have had luck with it, going on the reviews on amazon and elsewhere. I wish I was having the same good fortune.

Amazing update.

I love how they cleaned up the bubbles by removing the dumb light texture around the edged they used to have and added AA.

And the shortcuts for wifi and cloud saving are extremely welcome.

I wish they had gotten rid of the bubbles all together. LOL.

I updated and didn't notice much different other than the PS+ button, which is a nice improvement. Does shutting of WiFi save a lot of power? I guess I should try that.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psvita/index.htm

The changelog for 2.60:

Main features in system software update version 2.60

PlayStation®Network

• It is now easier to access PlayStation®Network servers so you can upload or download saved data. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation®Plus is necessary. Tap
    ps_plus_tap.jpg
    (PlayStation®Plus) on the LiveArea™ screen of each game.
in_c_music.png
(Music) /
in_c_videos.png
(Video)

• You can now play content saved on a connected device, such as a PS3™ system or a computer, without copying the content to your PS Vita. Select the connected device from the list of categories, and then tap the content to play it instantly.
    The Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® on your computer must be updated.

in_c_settings.png
(Settings)

• [Bluetooth® Settings] has been moved from [Network] settings to the newly added [Devices] settings
Other

• You can now adjust network features from the menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button. > See details
Other new or revised features in version 2.60

Home screen

• You can now use the PS Vita system's buttons to customize the home screen. On the home screen, when you press a button on the PS Vita system, the cursor appears on the screen. To enter edit mode, press the
    b_triangle.png
    button while the cursor is displayed.
Games

• The method for displaying the menu in PSP™Game software and PSOne®Classics software has been changed. When a game is running, press and hold the PS button to display the menu.
in_c_trophies.png
(Trophies)

• You can now adjust for each game whether to show the trophies you earned. Tap
    psn_tap.jpg
    (PlayStation®Network), and then tap the game you want to adjust settings for. Tap the
    in_option_button.png
    (Options) > [Privacy Settings] > [Show Trophies for This Game] checkbox to set a checkmark to enable this setting.
in_c_browser.png
(Browser)

• You can now adjust playback settings, such as those for the screen and subtitles, while watching a streaming video on a Web page. Tap
    in_option_button.png
    (Options) > [Settings] during playback.
in_c_videos.png
(Video)

• You can now make detailed adjustments to how closed captions are displayed. During playback, tap the
    in_option_button.png
    (Options) > [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Display as Specified by Content checkbox to remove the checkmark, and then tap [Advanced Settings] on the screen that is displayed.
in_c_content_manager.png
(Content Manager)

• The method for adjusting saved data auto-upload settings has been changed. Settings adjusted on the
    info_icon.jpg
    (Information) screen for each saved data item can now be adjusted with [Select Saved Data] under
    in_c_content_manager.png
    (Content Manager) > [Start] >
    onlinestrage.png
    (Online Storage) > [Saved Data Auto-Upload]. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation®Plus is necessary.
in_c_settings.png
(Settings)

• [Show Trophies] has been added under [PlayStation®Network] > [Privacy Settings], and you can now adjust the range of who can see information about your earned trophies.

bread's done
Back