The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

[quote name='mcluksa']don't remember exactly..
this is what they said
Thank you for taking the time to write to us. For any information regarding the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS site, please refer to the official Blog. The URL for the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Blog appears below.

so yeah.. They didn't say a damn thing that I wanted to hear[/QUOTE]
when I emailed them with the prize question, this was the exact response I got as well.

[quote name='leylines']when I emailed them with the prize question, this was the exact response I got as well.[/QUOTE]

to me its total bs.. They could easily just say we are still working prizes out. But realisticly they should already know what they want the prize to be months before, but whatever I guess. Just hopefully it's a prize worthy of that ipod =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they could've at least said they were working on it & there'd be a blog post about it. When I e-mailed them last year about when prizes would be shipping out, they at least told me they were going to make an announcement about it in the following months. Sure, it wasn't precise on when, but it at least showed that they knew what I asked & they were working on it.

yeah I didn't email when they were coming. Instead a friend of mine was a bronze, and he got his item and called to ask me if he got it yet.. I said no..
about 2-3 months later I finally got it. Now that was pretty bs, just like it is right now..

I understand wanting to know what you'll get, but you should all really be grateful that you get anything to begin with. Most game companies don't even give you a thank you for buying their products. Just sit back, wait for the announcement, and stop getting angry/anxious at Square Enix for no reason. They aren't obligated to give you anything and barraging them with emails is just going to make you look ungrateful.

[quote name='Doomstink']I understand wanting to know what you'll get, but you should all really be grateful that you get anything to begin with. Most game companies don't even give you a thank you for buying their products. Just sit back, wait for the announcement, and stop getting angry/anxious at Square Enix for no reason. They aren't obligated to give you anything and barraging them with emails is just going to make you look ungrateful.[/QUOTE]

It's not going to make us look ungrateful at all. Excited about what it will be, definitely. Going by last year, they had already announced the prizes for each tier. Emailing them and asking "What's going on with this?" is not a bad thing at all.

[quote name='Doomstink']I understand wanting to know what you'll get, but you should all really be grateful that you get anything to begin with. Most game companies don't even give you a thank you for buying their products. Just sit back, wait for the announcement, and stop getting angry/anxious at Square Enix for no reason. They aren't obligated to give you anything and barraging them with emails is just going to make you look ungrateful.[/QUOTE]

Many game companies have given rewards over the years, including Nintendo, Capcom, and Microsoft. Square-Enix only releases a handful of games each year and requires the majority of them to be registered to obtain the Ultimate tier in the current reward scheme, therefore making people who want to get the best prize purchase or otherwise solicit the purchase of games they wouldn't normally buy. We're more or less cooperating with them to inflate their sales figures on shitty games. It seems like both Square-Enix and the fans should be grateful.

The point is that they're a multi-million dollar company, and we're just consumers. It just doesn't seem very professional to completely disregard such an integral part of the consumer base.

If anyone has a spare code of "The 3rd Birthday" if I could please have it donated to me I would be most greatful =D That is a game that doesn't really catch my interest, never got into the parasite eve (I think it was). So if anyone has a spare of it, I would like it a lot, if you have a spare but for trade, let me know some games you need the codes for. I might have one of them. Lucky for me, my friends/family usually give them to me, but sadly enough no has that game =(
Also I still need that new Final Fantasy 4 collection for PSP. I plan to buy that game, but would gladly have the code before I can purchase the game.

[quote name='Blade']making people who want to get the best prize purchase or otherwise solicit the purchase of games they wouldn't normally buy. We're more or less cooperating with them to inflate their sales figures on shitty games. It seems like both Square-Enix and the fans should be grateful.
It just doesn't seem very professional to completely disregard such an integral part of the consumer base. [/QUOTE]

So the incentive here is to get a prize that you dont know about that is probably worth far less than the amount of money you spent on games to get ultimate status?
I think the rewards program is to reward SE fans who are buying their products anyway, they are certainly NOT making you buy games you "wouldn't normally buy" so dont feel entitled to anything from them. They havnt disregarded you in fact im sure the terms and conditions probably allow for them to discontinue the program whenever they want. But if we all are anticipating ipods then we are too eager.

[quote name='mcluksa']If anyone has a spare code of "The 3rd Birthday" if I could please have it donated to me I would be most greatful =D That is a game that doesn't really catch my interest, never got into the parasite eve (I think it was). [/QUOTE]

You are a newbie, stop asking for free stuff. Bring something to the community first. 5 posts in and most of them complaining about not knowing your reward. See what I wrote above. You shouldnt feel entitled to anything.

You are a newbie, stop asking for free stuff. Bring something to the community first. 5 posts in and most of them complaining about not knowing your reward. See what I wrote above. You shouldnt feel entitled to anything.[/QUOTE]

i'm assuming you didn't read the second part to that statement then. Seeing as I offered to trade too as well. But oh well, sorry that I offended you. I'll try only to make it sound as strictly a trade and not asking a hand out.

So to make it sound better..

If anyone has the game "The 3rd Birthday" and they need any other codes, please wait to register the game, see if there is a code that I have that you think you'd have trouble getting, I might have it, and if so, we can trade I'd hope to think

I'd rather have mcluksa asking for a Square Enix code in the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS THREAD rather than asking for it somewhere else. They worded it nicely and were not begging, so you don't need to be rude.

And while yes, SE Rewards is to reward those who are buying the games anyway there's no way you'd be able to get higher than a silver or gold if you're just buying the games you like. I don't think it's wrong to anticipate an ipod considering it's what they offered for Ultimate for at least 2-3 years now. But complaining about them not giving an answer isn't going to help either.

I don't think anyone feels entitled. That doesn't mean we can't wonder what the prize is this year, or when our prize from last year is going to come in.

[quote name='EnvyNeko']I'd rather have mcluksa asking for a Square Enix code in the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS THREAD rather than asking for it somewhere else. They worded it nicely and were not begging, so you don't need to be rude.

And while yes, SE Rewards is to reward those who are buying the games anyway there's no way you'd be able to get higher than a silver or gold if you're just buying the games you like. I don't think it's wrong to anticipate an ipod considering it's what they offered for Ultimate for at least 2-3 years now. But complaining about them not giving an answer isn't going to help either.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, the ipod only came once, last year, the first an ultimate prize was awarded in the US. If you buy 5-6 games at $50-$60 apiece or even 10 games at $30 each you have more than covered the cost of an ipod if thats what you actually wanted. Just buy the SE games because you are a fan and not because you want some ipod.

Also, it would be preferable if he did ask about codes (trading) in a different thread, the one that was made for SE code trading. But maybe its not his fault for being new and there being a lot on this site. Perhaps the OP can add it to his post somewhere (if not already there).
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290272

thanks neko for backing me up. I know you don't have to, but thanks for doing it. And like I've said before, sorry if I offended at all for asking on this for a trade or donation. But thank you so much Arakias for a link to a thread for code trades. I'll try there and see what it holds for me =)

and it has helped! it helped me get the ffxiv code =D So thanks a lot

I want to say that it was the Ultimate prize for 2010 and 2009. This link proves it:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/21/square-enix-members-2009-prizes-unboxed/

On top of that, I'm willing to bet it will be the same as Club Nintendo where it will be the same prize every year. So it's more likely that ultimate will still be the ipod with all the other goodies.

Yeah, buying all the games that you would need to get to ultimate would be spending just as much if not more than the ipod itself. But, if you're buying the games anyway it's a nice bonus.

What's being proved on that link exactly o.o?

But I'm willing to take you up on that bet EnvyNeko. Seeing as the foreign programs haven't done that, I don't see it being done here.

So I have Tomb Raider anniversary for the xbox 360. I go to the gamestop near me to possibly buy the Tomb Raider trilogy for PS3 (more for the code). I asked what the return is for open games that were purchased new. Find out its a no go that it would have to be returned for instore used credit. So I would do that, keep the game, but the bigger problem happens.. They don't have any of the game in stock =(
Then instead I buy FFIV complete collection and was gonna get dissidia 012, but they didn't have a case for the game. So I wouldn't get the code =( So all in all, it sucks that I couldn't get the Tomb Raider, but at least I got FFIV. Just need to get into playing the PSP more to do that though. But I will, I didn't want to waste 30 bucks for a game to collect dust lol

I kinda agree with Rabbit, I don't think it'll be an ipod touch again. Maybe a crappy prize, seeing as they started it off big. Just gotta hope that they want to keep all of us happy and keep buying their games (which I hope its that =D). But either way, I'm more than happy with the games, so its just an added bonus getting a prize really.

Interesting. So my friend gave me their code that came with Dissidia 012, which originally said it was for Tomb Raider Trilogy back when the game was released (I talked about it a page or so back). I figured I'd use to to trade w/ someone, but just for the heck of it, I decided to try it again. Amazingly, it seems they fixed it, as it now says Dissidia 012!

I'll keep an eye to see how many points are needed to reach each level. Right now, I'm "Regular".

D'oh! Here I thought the utter lack of news about the SE program meant no one on CAG was talking about it any more. Still, I thought it was very odd no one was saying "what's going" on or anything. See, I didn't realize there was a new thread so I had been waiting for the old one to pop up to the top of my massive list of subscribed threads - and yet nary a peep for weeks... But then the trading code thread kept popping up so I finally thought I should check the main one only to find out it was closed on like the 6th of April and the new one has 4 pages already :lol:

And here I thought no one cared any more...

Anyway, I guess I have some reading to do. I take it no news on the prize?

Calling all artists!

S-E is doing a contest where they want you to pick a character from Dissidia 012, draw them, then submit for a chance to win 2 landscape prints, each depicting characters from Chaos & Cosmos.

I wish I could enter, but I have no art skills.

Jeez, I'd try to do something for it, but considering all of the Final Fantasy HOLY fuck THAT AMAZING artwork that exists already... I don't see myself being able to come close to top 2.

Top 500, maybe :D

[quote name='EnvyNeko']I want to say that it was the Ultimate prize for 2010 and 2009. This link proves it:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/21/square-enix-members-2009-prizes-unboxed/

On top of that, I'm willing to bet it will be the same as Club Nintendo where it will be the same prize every year. So it's more likely that ultimate will still be the ipod with all the other goodies.

Yeah, buying all the games that you would need to get to ultimate would be spending just as much if not more than the ipod itself. But, if you're buying the games anyway it's a nice bonus.[/QUOTE]

Considering the prize everyone is awaiting an announcement for is the 2010 prize, you're already losing your bet. The SE members program has only been around for 2 years now, and only the 2009 prizes have been awarded (which happened in 2010).

Also, why would they give out an iPod again? The vast majority of current ultimate members already got one last year, it wouldn't make sense to give them another. Also, Club Nintendo has given out different prizes for both years it has been active. Mario Hat was 2009, Crappy statue was 2010. Those aren't the same by any stretch.

It's likely that SE is waiting to announce the prizes when they actually have them in hand, unlike last year where they announced them 4 months before they even had the prizes day to go. Just be patient.

[quote name='Doomstink']Considering the prize everyone is awaiting an announcement for is the 2010 prize, you're already losing your bet. The SE members program has only been around for 2 years now, and only the 2009 prizes have been awarded (which happened in 2010).[/QUOTE]

This. The link you give is the 2009 SE year prize, which ran until 2010 and was awarded in 2010. Only one reward year has been complete with prizes in the US so far. 2010 year prizes are the ones everyone is waiting for.

[quote name='Doomstink']Also, why would they give out an iPod again? The vast majority of current ultimate members already got one last year, it wouldn't make sense to give them another. Also, Club Nintendo has given out different prizes for both years it has been active. Mario Hat was 2009, Crappy statue was 2010. Those aren't the same by any stretch.[/QUOTE]
The iPod they gave out last year was 2nd gen, which was almost obsolete by the time it actually shipped out.

I wouldn't mind a iPod 4th gen but of course it won't happen :lol:

[quote name='eau']The iPod they gave out last year was 2nd gen, which was almost obsolete by the time it actually shipped out.

I wouldn't mind a iPod 4th gen but of course it won't happen :lol:[/QUOTE]

I love Apple's business strategy so much that I'm saddened when my friend gets the protection plan and purposely breaks his the ipod after a year to get the new one.

Oh why would consumers try to take advantage of Apple when they do nothing but give give give :'(

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Oh why would consumers try to take advantage of Apple when they do nothing but give give give :'([/QUOTE]

Give give give overpriced products aimed at people with no technical know-how that want to look and feel hip by owning the latest Apple i___.

They make quality stuff, but they price things on the mentality that they have no competitors. It's really ridiculous.

You really shouldn't give them any sympathy.

if anyone can answer this please do.. I looked into the artwork contest. I checked over all the pages on it, and I saw NOTHING that says anything about 50 points for entereing. Can anyone please enlighten me on this. I am hoping that there is 50 points for entereing. I already know I have no chance at winning. Hell I suck at drawing, but I have a nicely drawn picture of Red XIII, but sadly enough he's not in the game.. I'm thinking I'm gonna enter the pic though, and say something like.. "the character that should of been in the game.." but to even do that, I have to find it. Wish me luck, lol

Any advice to people trying to get to a higher tier this year? You guys just hold out for price drops, buy multiplat games, and stock games from last year? Not sure..

Yep Yep :) A lot of times the games will hit $15 or below on sale. I got a few of the PC titles for $5. I took advantage of all the early registrations they did as well (I think 3 this year?) and that helped a bit

hopefully there is points for doing that contest. I did it, sure its nothing great of drawings, and it was done with a pen. So no way to change any mistake.. I called the work of art.. "Anorexic Terra" It was starting out to look alright, but she ended up being super thin, soooooo yeah =P No shot at winning lol

very nice work zonic =D Thought they were done with ffxi once they made the ultimate. Nice to know they are still making codes available =P

[quote name='Zonic505']Looks like we might have another game that'll count for registration. S-E just announced FF11 Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition for the PC.

If I recall, normal & special editions tend to count as separate games, so this should count as well, I think.[/QUOTE]

That probably won't count for registration:

this new entry to the FINAL FANTASY XI library will be available for download for Windows–based PCs for $19.99

[quote name='Doomstink']That probably won't count for registration:[/QUOTE]

hearing you sa how it is only a downloadable type is dissapointing. Seeing as I'm sure you're right on that note, no code =(

[quote name='Zonic505']Looks like we might have another game that'll count for registration. S-E just announced FF11 Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition for the PC.

If I recall, normal & special editions tend to count as separate games, so this should count as well, I think.[/QUOTE]

hearing you sa how it is only a downloadable type is dissapointing. Seeing as I'm sure you're right on that note, no code =(

Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't notice it was download only. My bad.

Though I'll keep an eye on any other games coming out.

I thought you did notice that, seeing as you mentioned it. I just misread it to start, sucks to think its not gonna have a code =( I need that dumb tomb raider code, and the closest gamestop around my area that even has it is like 15 miles away. I don't even own a ps3 right now. So I'd have to waste 40 bucks to buy the game, just for a code.. None of my Ps3 friends want that game, so I have no one to get a code for me sadly enough =( It seems no one on here has one to trade so yeah it sucks lol

Hmm... at this point I think it might actually be better than SE is taking a long time to announce the prizes. The longer they take, the more likely they will have to make the prize better to apologize for the delay.

I can just imagine the post announcing the prizes opening with something like "We apologize for the delay, but we think you'll feel this year's prizes were worth the wait..."

[quote name='jling84']Hmm... at this point I think it might actually be better than SE is taking a long time to announce the prizes. The longer they take, the more likely they will have to make the prize better to apologize for the delay.

I can just imagine the post announcing the prizes opening with something like "We apologize for the delay, but we think you'll feel this year's prizes were worth the wait..."[/QUOTE]

...exclusive digital wallpaper.

[quote name='backseatdog']...exclusive digital wallpaper.[/QUOTE]

that would really suck.. I am happy with my Club Nintendo mario history screen saver, but hell that only costed like 10 coins. So roughly 30-50 dollars depending on the game. A wall paper costing roughly 1,000 would be the most awaited ripoff of all time

[quote name='RabbitSuit']-shrugs-

I'm still thinking figurine or poster.[/QUOTE]

I'd be upset about the poster,but a figurine would still suck, but I'd like it though. I liked nintendo's mario hat more, but I still like their figurine too as well.

Either way though, it would be much cooler if it is gonna be another electronic device, but if not, I'll be happy with it regardless

o.m.g.

Dear rabbitsuit,

Congratulations! Due to a disqualified entry by another member, you have been selected as an alternate winner for the square enix members tactics ogre?: Let us cling together? Autographed tarot card sweepstakes.

As a result of a random drawing, which took place on april 8th, 2011, you are selected to receive (1) tarot card from the tactics ogre: Let us cling together tarot card deck autographed by character designer, akihiko yoshida (items are not available for retail purchase).

Before we can deliver the prize to you, however, we need to make sure that you have updated your member information on the square enix members my account page. In order for us to mail you the prize, we need your name (first and last) and address (including city, state and zip code).

To update your information, log in to the square enix members website, and click on ?account center? On the right-hand column. Once you are logged into the members account center, please click on member information on the left and then click on the ?edit? Button to edit your information. Please update your information by may 8th, 2011. Failure to provide correct and complete information before may 8th, 2011 will void your eligibility to receive the prize.

We will mail you the prize after may 8th, 2011 to the address specified in your members account. Please allow up to four weeks for delivery.

Please refer to the official contest rules [http://member.square-enix.com/na/fanzone/sweepstakes/tacticsogre/01_rules.html] for more information.
If you have any questions, contact the square enix information center [http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1&id=495 ].

Square enix

fucking take as long as you want to receive year end prizes Square Enix! I'll be happy with this for a good while!

>w

[quote name='RabbitSuit']o.m.g.

fucking take as long as you want to receive year end prizes Square Enix! I'll be happy with this for a good while!

>w

bread's done
Back