The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

Glad I didnt waste my time last year (Message sent from my squenix iPod touch from the 2009-2010 prize year).

To ebay they goooooooooooo

seriously, I wonder if it'll get anything....

Bag might be nice, and I don't know about the "pouch".

Ultimates will get everything below? yes?

I won't be getting anything for this, but I'm hopeful for this year's prize. At least they have some neat prizes for last year.

Finally, they're announced! I really hope it'll be like last year where you get all the rewards for the lower tiers. I e-mailed S-E just to make sure if Ultimate tier members would get all 3 prizes, or just the artwork.

Bronze: Kind of surprised there's no Bronze reward this year. I guess they couldn't afford/make anything?

Silver: Wonder what the promo items are. Perhaps things they gave at events like E3? & I hope the pouch just doesn't have the S-E logo or one of the logos from their games.

Gold: Same thing for the messenger bag. I hope it's not just a logo slapped on.

Ultimate: I'm mixed. On one hand, the art looks nice & I'll see if I can frame it so I can hand it on the wall, plus it's not something that you can just buy (well, excluding eBay). On the other hand, it would've been nice if it was new/different artwork.

well the prizes are not as good as last year, i just hope it dose not take forever to get them. I wonder if the "promo" items would be like the tatics orge cards or some other preorder item that they might have a lot of.

An Ultimate prize having anything to do with the abysmal FFXIII is just salt in the wound... In all honesty, they are cheap bastards for pulling the bait-and-switch method on their loyal consumers, these prizes are stingy, unmemorable, and generally pointless. Couldn't even chalk up a soundtrack, eh?

[quote name='Loogs']An Ultimate prize having anything to do with the abysmal FFXIII is just salt in the wound... In all honesty, they are cheap bastards for pulling the bait-and-switch method on their loyal consumers, these prizes are stingy, unmemorable, and generally pointless. Couldn't even chalk up a soundtrack, eh?[/QUOTE]

Since 1987 Square has given fans nothing back for purchasing their games aside from this year and last. They don't have to give us anything, they can go back to their old system at any time. Be grateful you are getting anything at all. There's no such thing as being stingy when it comes to giving out free stuff. It's free. If you went out of your way to buy games to get Ultimate, that's your own fault. You should have bought them because you wanted to play them.

Would you guys prefer i post a new reply when i Update the OP ? Or keep updating the 2nd post with the update notes.

I know it was somewhat predictable based on the Japanese prize, but I still think it's kind of ridiculous to make the ultimate prize so focused on one character from one game. Why not an art piece of all the popular characters?

I think they route they should have taken is to either appeal to all the franchises or give a prize like last year that was awesome yet didn't focus on any of the games.

I'm hoping that the messenger bag has an awesome photo of all the characters silk screened onto it. For me, that would be better than the ultimate prize. However, I'm sure the bag will be plain with a SE logo on it at this point. I guess I can hope for some Third Birthday related stuff in the "promotional items".

[quote name='Doomstink']Since 1987 Square has given fans nothing back for purchasing their games aside from this year and last. They don't have to give us anything, they can go back to their old system at any time. Be grateful you are getting anything at all. There's no such thing as being stingy when it comes to giving out free stuff. It's free. If you went out of your way to buy games to get Ultimate, that's your own fault. You should have bought them because you wanted to play them.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong yet again. Since 1997 and until this new system, Squaresoft/Square-Enix has had either product registration contests or made mention of giving rewards based on registrations for all of their games. Grab a product manual and flip to the perforated card to see for yourself.

You've posted the exact same thing every fucking time someone says something bad about the prizes, despite any logical, mathematical , or business-related proof that I offer in contrast to your opinion--ever fucking heard of Club Nintendo, Capcom, Midway, or any other company that has done a rewards program before? Nobody besides me ever pays attention to you, and now I'm blocking you.

The prizes aren't that great. I was hoping for something much, much better, what with Pony Friends 2 coming out. Hopefully they give us all of them this year, because to just get the art print would be a waste of all that money. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I'm not really excited about the Promo bag in the least. If it was a "Promo Box", then, I figure the packaging would have been nice like the CD case for Gold+ last year. But this just makes me think of a leftover swag bag including postcards and "I'm a Fan" Fans.

Bag, could be very hit or miss. I just hope it's not like the messenger bag Club Nintendo offers. >_>; that thing is awful.

[quote name='MDRaph']Would you guys prefer i post a new reply when i Update the OP ? Or keep updating the 2nd post with the update notes.[/QUOTE]

No preference.

Not to sound like a moron, but when they say an art plate, is this ceramic? Or is it more like a higher quality "art cell"? Either way seems like a decent prize at least. I hope ultimate gets all prizes below, I need a new bag to carry crap in when going to-and-fro various places.

While I honestly wouldn't mind wanting it, I'll wait & see if anyone else wants it since I've already got 5 games registered this reward year.

I'd ask for it, but that game is actually in my "To Get" list. Toss it over to Zonic.

[quote name='apolloimburning']Not to sound like a moron, but when they say an art plate, is this ceramic? Or is it more like a higher quality "art cell"? Either way seems like a decent prize at least. I hope ultimate gets all prizes below, I need a new bag to carry crap in when going to-and-fro various places.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not sure if it's just a piece of paper behind glass/plastic, or if it's ceramic surrounded by glass/plast, but this pic should help
FF13PlateSet.JPG

Okay so this is what I think about the prizes..

Yes it does suck that they are doing stuff that isn't all that great. I do hope they will have it all come in a nice looking box like last year. I was hoping for some special electronic again. Maybe an engraved DS or PSP, who knows. I am happy with the prize still though. Seeing as it is cool that they are giving us something still. Their prizes this year might effect it for next year due to the fact they suck this year maybe good next year. Or it could just be that the first year would be great and all others to follow might not be so great.

But on a side note as to the reasoning to the prize being not so great. The prize might of been thought to be something great, but the earthquake might of changed that drastically. I don't know what it did to square enix at all, maybe nothing, maybe something. But even if it didn't do anything, I would much rather think that Square Enix helped with a lot of funding which would of made the prizes this year not so great.

So thats my thinking on all of this, maybe some agree or not. Sorry if you aren't all that happy with the prize this year. If you're not, just wait till next year and then you can be happier or sadder..

[quote name='mcluksa']I don't know what it did to square enix at all, maybe nothing, maybe something. But even if it didn't do anything, I would much rather think that Square Enix helped with a lot of funding which would of made the prizes this year not so great.[/QUOTE]

It didn't directly harm them. Although the power company did ask for all sectors to drastically cut back in energy use in case of possible energy outages. In response, Square turned off their MMO servers for a few days as a result. In the end, Square Enix did donate 100million yen (1.23million USD) to help aid efforts of the catastrophe.

Well, I'm glad they finally told us the rewards. Kind of decent to me at least. I do like the Lightning Artwork and considered purchasing it on Ebay or something, but i'm glad I waited. Of course, i'm sure it will come in a "DO NOT BEND" package that screams "Fold me!" to USPS. That kind of worries me :(

Probably won't be very involved with this next year. We'll have to see if Ultimate members get all three rewards or not.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']It didn't directly harm them. Although the power company did ask for all sectors to drastically cut back in energy use in case of possible energy outages. In response, Square turned off their MMO servers for a few days as a result. In the end, Square Enix did donate 100million yen (1.23million USD) to help aid efforts of the catastrophe.[/QUOTE]

so to me, that justifies the reasoning for the prize. I am happy with what we got, and if Square Enix donates from all the earthquakes that we are supposed to get world wide today (yeah right), then I would be happy with whatever they give us after donating millions from all the devistation of the world ending TODAY, lol

[quote name='Katsumi87']Well, I'm glad they finally told us the rewards. Kind of decent to me at least. I do like the Lightning Artwork and considered purchasing it on Ebay or something, but i'm glad I waited. Of course, i'm sure it will come in a "DO NOT BEND" package that screams "Fold me!" to USPS. That kind of worries me :(

Probably won't be very involved with this next year. We'll have to see if Ultimate members get all three rewards or not.[/QUOTE]

As far as that goes, I am sure we will get the lower tier prizes too as well. Seeing as it did state last year you get the tier and all lower prizes too as well. I'd assume that they will give the lower too as well. Would think they would of sent a message in a blog or that scrolling update thing on the site notifying us at some point that they only give the tier prize you are in and not lower anymore.
Don't want to keep repeating myself, but I think we get them all

i agree that perhaps the earthquake reduced the prizes for this year... i am a bit disappointed the top prize isnt an electronic device like others - perhaps that's why SE reduced the points level this year to have more prizes to go around ?

[quote name='shaselai']i agree that perhaps the earthquake reduced the prizes for this year... i am a bit disappointed the top prize isnt an electronic device like others - perhaps that's why SE reduced the points level this year to have more prizes to go around ?[/QUOTE]

who really knows, maybe its giving nintendo a chance to come out with a kick ass prize this year. That would be great for nintendo to come out with something cool this year..

[quote name='Blade']

You've posted the exact same thing every fucking time someone says something bad about the prizes, despite any logical, mathematical , or business-related proof that I offer in contrast to your opinion--ever fucking heard of Club Nintendo, Capcom, Midway, or any other company that has done a rewards program before? Nobody besides me ever pays attention to you, and now I'm blocking you.

([/QUOTE]

Wow. Not really much of a reason to get so angry over such a trivial post. I'm familiar with Capcom's fighter's edge program and Club Nintendo. It doesn't really change anything, those companies are not obligated to give you anything, and if I remember correctly - Capcom's program doesn't exist anymore. As far as I know Square Members and Club Nintendo are the only programs like this that are still around in North America.

I'm just trying to say that you guys shouldn't be complaining about a free prize. If you bought Pony Friends 2 expecting to get an amazing item in return, that's not really Square's fault. There isn't any guarantee as to how good the prizes will be.

[quote name='mcluksa']who really knows, maybe its giving nintendo a chance to come out with a kick ass prize this year. That would be great for nintendo to come out with something cool this year..[/QUOTE]
does nintendo give out decent prizes? i dont really play many nintendo games at all...

[quote name='shaselai']does nintendo give out decent prizes? i dont really play many nintendo games at all...[/QUOTE]

their prizes aren't too bad. You get 30-50 points per game. Then with that you can buy stuff, some of which is worth it, others are junk. They have year end prizes too as well. First year was a Mario hat (very nice I think) and the 2nd year was a figurine showing most all the main nintendo characters (Mario characters). Its nice, but I liked the hat more. This year is done pretty soon, then we get to see what we earn..

[quote name='Doomstink']Wow. Not really much of a reason to get so angry over such a trivial post. I'm familiar with Capcom's fighter's edge program and Club Nintendo. It doesn't really change anything, those companies are not obligated to give you anything, and if I remember correctly - Capcom's program doesn't exist anymore. As far as I know Square Members and Club Nintendo are the only programs like this that are still around in North America.

I'm just trying to say that you guys shouldn't be complaining about a free prize. If you bought Pony Friends 2 expecting to get an amazing item in return, that's not really Square's fault. There isn't any guarantee as to how good the prizes will be.[/QUOTE]

I agree, no reason to complain about the prizes. Hell everyone on this site trashes the pony friends 2 game. I personally don't see why. It isn't that bad of a game, its fun in its own way, just like every game out there. They are fun in their own ways

I wonder if they mean 12-14 weeks after you submit your form or after the June 26th deadline (most likely this one). I remember last year, I got my prizes July 31st (I remember since I got the calendar & one page was June/July, which I thought was pointless), so hopefully, it'll be around the same time this year.

& Katsumi87, I sent them an e-mail to make sure, but since they gave the lower tier prizes for higher tier members last year, then it seems likely that they'll do the same this year.

[quote name='Zonic505']
& Katsumi87, I sent them an e-mail to make sure, but since they gave the lower tier prizes for higher tier members last year, then it seems likely that they'll do the same this year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) Let me know what they say if you could please! My assumption is yes, and my fingers are crossed

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']anyone need a spare 4 Heroes code? I don't really use the square site, and seeing what they reward you for it... ehhh[/QUOTE]

If you still have it, I'd really appreciate getting it. I have 3 games registered for this year and I want to get to at least silver tier this year. I thought I'd have a decent chance at getting to platinum but that doesn't seem too likely at the rate I'm going.

-----------------------

Kinda disappointed that bronze members aren't getting anything, even if it would have been a postcard at least it woud have been something. What's the point of even having a bronze tier if there isn't a prize attached to it, seems rather pointless.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Turns out the Dissedia 012 art contest was extended until May 31st, if anybody's interested in doing that still.[/QUOTE]

not sure if I mentioned this or not at all. But I asked SE if they were giving out 50 poits for entering the contest. They responded with a "NO" answer. So I would only really enter this contest if you are really that good at drawing. Otherwise its a waste of time really.

Thanks for the heads up! I forgot all about this...receiving anything from SE is a real blessing. So the Artwork is really a porcelain/ceramic drawing of Lightning? Sounds neat.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Thanks for the heads up! I forgot all about this...receiving anything from SE is a real blessing. So the Artwork is really a porcelain/ceramic drawing of Lightning? Sounds neat.[/QUOTE]

Yup it's sort of a square plate/plaque kind of thing. Really high quality looking. I can't wait!

thats the funny thing though. We are getting the same reward, kinda does make it to where they couldn't think of something else. But it is pretty cool still, hopefully high quality like you are saying

Wahh why did I not see this thread earlier! I was wondering why I wasn't getting anymore updates on the old thread. I thought everyone just lost hope in SE when they didn't announce any prizes. Lol.

Well, I didn't get any email, but I'm glad I regularly check the SE site, so now I can claim my prize. I seriously thought they weren't going to give any prizes this year. I'm super glad now that I got me and my brother's account to ultimate 'cause I really wanted the Lightning artwork.

[quote name='conkwe']Wahh why did I not see this thread earlier! I was wondering why I wasn't getting anymore updates on the old thread. I thought everyone just lost hope in SE when they didn't announce any prizes. Lol.

Well, I didn't get any email, but I'm glad I regularly check the SE site, so now I can claim my prize. I seriously thought they weren't going to give any prizes this year. I'm super glad now that I got me and my brother's account to ultimate 'cause I really wanted the Lightning artwork.[/QUOTE]

congrats that you got to it. Never had any doubt in my mind that they weren't gonna send prizes. I just think they wanted to have enough rather than last year, learning what the prize is, then waiting months later to see it. In my case, learning that my friend got his prize before I did by a month. That bothered me a lot

[quote name='adriley313']how many games does it take to get elite?[/QUOTE]

really mean ultimate for this but anyways.. So far I got 12 games registered which is 600 points for this year and it says I'm silver. So if it is gonna be like last year, probably 1000 or 20 games needed for it. Hopefully that helps

So i hit platinum for the 2010-2011 year. Do i only get the artwork, or do i get everything since i reached ultimate. I know that if you hit ult last year, they sent you each prize.

I don't see why it would be different this year. But there is a possibility. I believe Zonic sent in a ticket to their customer support asking them to clarify.

Yes, I sent an e-mail to them asking if it'd be the same like last year on Saturday. Hoping to get a response either tomorrow or Thursday. I'm sure it'll be where you get all the rewards if you're Ultimate like in 2010, but I figured it'd be a good idea to make sure.

bread's done
Back