The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Ring of Honor or Smart Mark Video do any year end sales on DVDs? WWEDVDNews.com has a non-WWE top ten of 2012 that has got me wanting to pick up some stuff. Speaking of the list, anyone here watch any AIW? They're a local thing, but I thought maybe there would be some followers on here as they seem to have at least some following outside of Cleveland.

How nice of Cena to dress up for spending the holidays with the Bella's family. FFS.

1zh0ehl.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']How nice of Cena to dress up for spending the holidays with the Bella's family. FFS.

1zh0ehl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just be glad he isn't wearing any of his merch at the dinner table^^ Probably a house rule.

Kazarian's AJ Styles impersonation, last night, was hilarious. :lol: A+. Would laugh at it again.

[quote name='Brak']Kazarian's AJ Styles impersonation, last night, was hilarious. :lol: A+. Would laugh at it again.[/QUOTE]

Haha.. The flying forearm was great, but bad sell into the frogsplash.

I'm trying to get more into ROH, Chikara, PWG, and the like. I've downloaded a ton of past events off XtremeWrestlingTorrents, which I have an invite for, by the way, so if anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

Anyways, my question is, what are some of the must-see events or even matches? Not everything is available on XWT, but if it gets suggested and it's on there, I'd love to check it out.

I'm on the second season of The Wire right now. I had no idea Vladimir Kozlov had a role on the show. I thought I recognized him, so I looked it up, and I was right.

I totally forgot that he was on the show, too.

Keep going, don't stop until you're done. Best TV show in the history of everything. Fourth season is jaw-droppingly truthful television. The fifth season struggles, but the series finale is worth the trudge.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm trying to get more into ROH, Chikara, PWG, and the like. I've downloaded a ton of past events off XtremeWrestlingTorrents, which I have an invite for, by the way, so if anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

Anyways, my question is, what are some of the must-see events or even matches? Not everything is available on XWT, but if it gets suggested and it's on there, I'd love to check it out.[/QUOTE]
PWG - Kevin Steen vs Super Dragon, "Guerrilla Warfare"
El Generico & Kevin Steen vs The Young Bucks (I forget the event name, but their whole feud in PWG was great)

FYI WWE 13 will be on sale at Gamestop for $30 from Wed., Jan. 2- Tues., Jan. 9. Cheapest price it's been other than the WM BF sale.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']How nice of Cena to dress up for spending the holidays with the Bella's family. FFS.

1zh0ehl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is Bryan dating one of the twins in real life? Is Cena going after the other one after his divorce? Figured he would try for Kelly Kelly.

[quote name='mykevermin']I totally forgot that he was on the show, too.

Keep going, don't stop until you're done. Best TV show in the history of everything. Fourth season is jaw-droppingly truthful television. The fifth season struggles, but the series finale is worth the trudge.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's great. I missed it during its original run, but I'm really glad I finally started watching it.

----

I just read the spoilers from the Raw taping. :headache: Dolph is poopy.

AJ and Ziggler kiss but Cena comes out and interrupts. Cena admits he had a bad year but points out AJ’s many relationships. Cena shows a pic of AJ’s many illegitimate children on the big screen and it’s a bunch of babies with various Superstars and Legends heads photoshopped onto them. Cena goes on a long rant about Dolph and then announces he will be in the 30-man Royal Rumble match. Cena promises to win the WWE Title in 2013. Cena toasts AJ and Dolph and then a bunch of fake human waste falls from the rafters and splashes all over the ring, AJ and Ziggler. They throw a fit in the ring as Cena’s music hits and RAW ends.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Bryan dating one of the twins in real life? Is Cena going after the other one after his divorce? Figured he would try for Kelly Kelly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think Bryan has been dating one for a while now, from what I've read. I'm not sure how long Cena has been involved with the other one.

Please tell me that Raw promo is not true.

Please tell me that Raw promo is not true.

Not so much for what happens (that makes sense), but the bathroom humour involved. Ugh.

Well, we'll all be out for NYE anyway, so no big deal. Still, this 5-year old poo humor does nothing. AND IT'S THE GODDAMNED FACE DOING IT. Where is that great Grantland article on how wrestling faces in WWF are fucking assholes?

That is why I'm ashamed to admit to still watching wrestling. For every Antonio Cesaro wrestling showcase, there are 1 to 15 potential $$$$er winning segments.

EDIT: Really? Can't say Gobbledy G00ker, censor filter?

[quote name='Genocidal']Slut-shaming is face behavior.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm totally embarrassed that I overlooked that flagrant aspect, too. I'll have to turn my liberal card in. :lol:

In case you haven't read it earlier this year: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ing-heroes-affinity-harboring-heel-tendencies

A sample:

Sheamus's run as a babyface, however, has been even sketchier than Cena's. Despite his invincible presentation, Sheamus has inherited the mantle of Hogan-style in-ring corruption more than anyone else. Back in February, he attacked Daniel Bryan, his upcoming opponent at WrestleMania, after Bryan retained the World Heavyweight Championship in a grueling Elimination Chamber bout — the sort of move normally reserved for villains. He beat Bryan at 'Mania by blindsiding him with a kick before Bryan knew the match had started, which would have been despicably underhanded if Sheamus hadn't been the match's hero.9 Throughout their feud, Sheamus's humor took on a mean edge, as he seemed to relish belittling the diminutive Bryan as much as pounding him. His recent feud with Alberto Del Rio has seen him relentlessly jeer Del Rio's unathletic attaché, Ricardo Rodriguez — a particularly bizarre move for a guy who's the face of the WWE's "Be a Star" anti-bullying campaign. Last week, Sheamus stole Del Rio's car and trashed it just for giggles. These tactics aren't typically found in Chapter 1 of the white-knight playbook.

[quote name='ced']EDIT: Really? Can't say Gobbledy G00ker, censor filter?[/QUOTE]

The first four letters spell out a lesser-used anti-Asian slur, so that's why not.

Fully aware of the slur, but caught me off-guard since the preceding thread was dedicated to said turkey without censoring.

EDIT: Just double checked said title and see the workaround was used. Retracted.

[quote name='Purple Flames']:reads spoiler:

I was wondering if they'd find a way to top killing Santa last week. Looks like I'm skipping RAW this week.[/QUOTE]

I would have accepted Snitsky coming back and punting the New Year's baby more than what actually is supposed to happen.

[quote name='ced']Fully aware of the slur, but caught me off-guard since the preceding thread was dedicated to said turkey without censoring.

EDIT: Just double checked said title and see the workaround was used. Retracted.[/QUOTE]

Word.

[quote name='ced']I would have accepted Snitsky coming back and punting the New Year's baby more than what actually is supposed to happen.[/QUOTE]

I might have chuckled at that more than another poop drop. Wasn't funny when DX did it before.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wow, I'm totally embarrassed that I overlooked that flagrant aspect, too. I'll have to turn my liberal card in. :lol:

In case you haven't read it earlier this year: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ing-heroes-affinity-harboring-heel-tendencies[/QUOTE]

I've said it before and I'll say it again: A big problem I have with today's WWE is that they have forgotten how the face-heel mechanic works. The only main-event-level face they have is John Cena. As for everyone else, Santino is a true babyface. Rey Jr., too, but he's semi-active. Sheamus, Ryback, Orton, and Miz are not traditional faces, especially Miz. They're all tweeners. Seems like everyone wants to be a tweener and no one wants the responsibility/Cena-type hate that comes with being a babyface.

[quote name='Chase']I've said it before and I'll say it again: A big problem I have with today's WWE is that they have forgotten how the face-heel mechanic works. The only main-event-level face they have is John Cena. As for everyone else, Santino is a true babyface. Rey Jr., too, but he's semi-active. Sheamus, Ryback, Orton, and Miz are not traditional faces, especially Miz. They're all tweeners. Seems like everyone wants to be a tweener and no one wants the responsibility/Cena-type hate that comes with being a babyface.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you can say Cena is a true baby face when discussing the essential flip-flop of WWE Creative's face-heel writing mechanics. Cena is frequently doing the same kind of "heel" actions to other heels, but WWE expects us to cheer for him. John Cena is arguably the biggest face in the company, but he is in now way written like a traditional baby face consistently and hasn't been written that way for a very long time now. Cena isn't really doing the "cool heel" or "tweener" bullshit, but he's pretty much his own brand or type of face without always acting like a face.

I think that having the face be an asshole like they do is a problem because they don't allow the heel to be an even bigger one. As it stands right now the heels mostly get shit on for the entire duration of the feud and then lose.

Look at that endless Sheamus/Del Rio feud vs. the Sheamus/Big Show feud. That feud has been fantastic because they have been going back and forth for months. We believe that Big Show could conceivably win some matches there but Del Rio was just victimized for months on end with no retaliation.

[quote name='kodave']I don't know how you can say Cena is a true baby face when discussing the essential flip-flop of WWE Creative's face-heel writing mechanics. Cena is frequently doing the same kind of "heel" actions to other heels, but WWE expects us to cheer for him. John Cena is arguably the biggest face in the company, but he is in now way written like a traditional baby face consistently and hasn't been written that way for a very long time now. Cena isn't really doing the "cool heel" or "tweener" bullshit, but he's pretty much his own brand or type of face without always acting like a face.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Lemme think about this a bit more.

What heel behavior has he shown? To the best of my memory of recent WWE, he's a sterile, 1980s Hogan babyface. Thinking about the TLC PPV and what I can recall of recent RAW shows, which, to be honest, isn't much of anything. Hmm. I stand by my assessment unless someone shows otherwise. He gets beat up by heels, then Hulks-up, makes a comeback, and wins. That's pretty much the standard Hulkamania model.

[quote name='masked lemon']Is it wrong that I wish Cena would drop a new album, if only to have him finally get a new fucking theme song?[/QUOTE]

06.jpg

So Kelly Kelly dyed her hair brunette now, and...uh....wow. Big improvement, in my opinon.

a9xtnljcmae2zae.jpg

a9xus_ncaaen-ry.jpg

Probably NSFW, but it's worth a look when you get a chance.

I know why Cena is so pissed at Ziggler. Ziggler dated Nikki Bella first and ruined her for all other men.

[quote name='mitch079']I know why Cena is so pissed at Ziggler. Ziggler dated Nikki Bella first and ruined her for all other men.[/QUOTE]

I imagine it's gonna be difficult for anyone to follow a dude whose sexual escapades are said to be like bouncing on a trampoline in a full-body Vaseline suit.

[quote name='Chase']I imagine it's gonna be difficult for anyone to follow a dude whose sexual escapades are said to be like bouncing on a trampoline in a full-body Vaseline suit.[/QUOTE]

Now imagine bouncing on the trampoline in the Vaseline suit screaming "NICKYYYYYY!"

I just did. Suffering disappointment and future regret.

[quote name='ced']Now imagine bouncing on the trampoline in the Vaseline suit screaming "NICKYYYYYY!"

I just did. Suffering disappointment and future regret.[/QUOTE]

:lol: :applause:

Reminds me of

68Gnz.gif

Random thoughts:

- Every time Kaitlyn's music hits, I have this incredible urge to play Dance Dance Revolution.

- I am thrilled to see Wade Barrett with the InterContinental title. I missed his Smackdown run with a singles title so I'm looking forward to this - even more so since he and Cesaro could possibly work an angle together. Some of you mentioned Cesaro could be a face; this could be his chance.

-Speaking of Cesaro, I wish they teased a future angle with him and Ryback. Having a rematch the following night on Smackdown only to have Cesaro lose clean was not the way to go.

- AJ Lee is still adorable. I think the only bad thing she ever did was wear green neon.

- The Big Show is underrated. The guy is good on the mic and can move and take bumps better than most big guys I've ever seen in the ring. "Tent's Eye" should take lessons from Show.

- Regarding the Kelly Kelly pics:
RonSimmonsDamn.jpg

Dear Lord, how long have you been watching wrestling? If you think Big Show is underrated for what he does nowadays, you couldn't have possibly watched him in the early 00's, let alone in the late 90's.

As someone who has watched for a long time, seeing both Big Show and Rey Mysterio Jr. nowadays depresses me immensely.

I think Big Show is good at what he's supposed to be. What can he do to improve, in your view?

That doesn't mean I get hyped to see him each and every week, but he has a place on the show, and he performs it well.

I don't think he should have the Big Gold Belt™, but I also think that it's a booking problem and not one where Show can improve his ring work to justify his spot. Andre never held the belt* because he didn't need to - he was the freakshow attraction of WWE; Big Show should be the same way.

*Yeah, okay, he did beat Hogan for the belt to set up WMIV's tournament, but since he immediately handed the belt over to DiBiase, it doesn't really count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back