The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing he can do to improve which is why I'm so surprised someone called him underrated. He doesn't add anything now that he didn't do much better in the past. I think the well ran dry a long time ago as to exciting things they could do with him. I was so glad when I thought he retired back in 2006. Six years later and he's still boring, still plodding around, and his offense and aura have both remarkably diminished.

What's worse is that they need him. I think that's what gets me. They can't use him as a special attraction to preserve his aura and make his appearances mean something. He's one of their most charismatic workers and stuff involving him usually pops otherwise dead crowds.

Coffin Surfing: My favorite of The Big Bossman Wrestlecrap Trilogy followed by Pepper Steak and the Hell in the Cell Hanging, respectively. With the exception of probably the third, still more tasteful than poop drop.

The Big Show/Bossman feud is one of the only shining highlights (in my eyes) of the attitude era. Excellent stuff, I bet those guys had a boatload of fun doing that shit.

Meltzer's Twitter says Flair's next match is 3 weeks away...anyone know what that is referring to? Actual news is behind a pay wall.

This is the only thing I've seen:

All Japan Pro Wrestling has announced that Ric Flair will be appearing at their January 26th show in Tokyo at the Ota Ward Gym. Flair may be there to announce that his son Reid will be training in AJPW.

Source: F4Wonline.com

Here ya go:

[quote name='PWTorch.com']All Japan Pro Wrestling has announced that Ric Flair will wrestle in a tag match on their January 26 show in Ota, Japan.

Flair is scheduled to team with Keiji Mutoh (Great Muta) against Tatsumi Fujinami and Seiya Sanada.

Flair is the latest U.S. wrestling star to be brought in by Mutoh for a tag match, following Kevin Nash and Vader.[/quote]

Yeah, now that all the news sites have copied it I saw it this morning. Didn't think he'd be doing indy shows but for some reason Japan didn't cross my mind.

Here's the content listing for the Best of Nitro Vol. 2 set:

DISC 1
WWE Best of WCW Nitro Vol 2 DVD
WCW United States Championship Match
Sting vs. Ric Flair
4th September, 1995

Madusa trashed the WWE Women's Championship
18th December, 1995

Trashing the Gold

Hulk Hogan vs. Arn Anderson
12th February, 1996

Steiner Brothers vs. Road Warriors
11th March, 1996

Cruiserweights

Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Dean Malenko
6th May, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera
16th September, 1996

Rookie of the Year

Eric Bischoff's Biggest Regret
30th September, 1996

WCW United States Championship Tournament Quarter Finals Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jeff Jarrett
9th December, 1996

The Lone Wolf

Kevin Nash patches up potholes
21st April, 1997

Hollywood Hogan makes Sting worship him
26th May, 1997

Through the Crowd

Ric Flair vs. Scott Hall
2nd June, 1997

DISC 2

Celebrities

Hollywood Hogan & Dennis Rodman call out Lex Luger & The Giant
16th June, 1997

Rey Mysterio vs. Kevin Nash
30th June, 1997

La Parka vs. Randy Savage
7th July, 1997

Goldberg vs. Hugh Morrus
22nd September, 1997

Homegrown

Booker T vs. Jeff Jarrett
6th October, 1997

Street Fight for the WCW World Tag Team Championship
Steiner Brothers vs. Public Enemy
3rd November, 1997

NWO sings "O Canada"
10th November, 1997

Booker T vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
15th December, 1997

Remembering Macho Man

Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera & Hector Garza vs. Psicosis, Silver King & La Parka
22nd December, 1997

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chris Jericho
5th January, 1998

Spring Breakout

Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Sting, "Macho Man" Randy Savage & The Giant
9th March, 1998

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page
23rd March, 1998

Raven's Rules Match for the WCW United States Championship
Raven vs. Goldberg
20th April, 1998

Birth of the Wolfpac
4th May, 1998

DISC 3

NWO Divided

Kevin Nash & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & The Giant
1st June, 1998

Chris Jericho meets the real Goldberg
28th September, 1998

Nitro Parties

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
21st December, 1998

Ladder Match for the Taser
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Hall
25th January, 1999

Bret "Hit Man" Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper
8th February, 1999

Jersey Boys

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Perry Saturn & Kaynon vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Bam Bam Bigelow
31st May, 1999

"Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Hollywood Hogan
12th July, 1999

Nitro Girls

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Goldberg & Bret "Hit Man" Hart
13th December, 1999

House of Pain Match
Sting vs. Vampiro
15th May, 2000

Shane Helms vs. Shannon Moore
26th February, 2001

WCW United States & World Heavyweight Championship Match
Booker T vs. Scott Steiner
26th March, 2001

A Celebration of Nitro

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES
WWE Best of WCW Nitro Vol 2 Blu-ray
Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger
11th September, 1995

Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman
18th September, 1995

J.L. vs. NWO Sting
21st October, 1996

Sting & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & Randy Savage
16th March, 1998

Steel Cage Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Savage
15th June, 1998

Goldberg vs. Sting
14th September, 1998

WCW Television Championship Match
Scott Steiner vs. Chris Jericho
1st February, 1999

Ric Flair & Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hogan & Kevin Nash
15th March, 1999

Jeff Jarrett reclaims his WCW World Heavyweight Championship
22nd November, 1999

DDP and Randy Savage's War of Words

[quote name='mtxbass1']For those interested, Netflix just put CM Punk's Best in the World doc on streaming.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/W...331?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I checked for this the other day and nothing came up. Sold the blu ray I had in hopes of picking it up later at a cheaper price.

Now we just need the WWF WWE Attitude documentary on Netflix and I'm set.

On a side note, I can't believe I'm on the fence about buying that Raw's Greatest Moments set.... mostly because I was actually *at* RAW 1000, but maybe I'll just keep my personal copy of it... even if it's not HD.

Thanks for that, but when I try to add it says problem processing request. Glad to see this up, gives me hope for Attitude Era soon!

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']"La Parka vs. Randy Savage
7th July, 1997"

That's the one where La Parka is DDP, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup! Loved that segment. Loved that feud.

[quote name='HydroX']Thanks. I checked for this the other day and nothing came up. Sold the blu ray I had in hopes of picking it up later at a cheaper price.

Now we just need the WWF WWE Attitude documentary on Netflix and I'm set.

On a side note, I can't believe I'm on the fence about buying that Raw's Greatest Moments set.... mostly because I was actually *at* RAW 1000, but maybe I'll just keep my personal copy of it... even if it's not HD.[/QUOTE]

They added Edge's doc as well today.

Did you travel to Raw 1000 here in STL? How was it? I'm considering buying tickets to Extreme Rules in May. First PPV after Wrestlemania!

[quote name='mtxbass1']They added Edge's doc as well today.

Did you travel to Raw 1000 here in STL? How was it? I'm considering buying tickets to Extreme Rules in May. First PPV after Wrestlemania![/QUOTE]

Yeah a buddy and I drove up from Oklahoma City and hit up a Cardinals game and Raw 1000. It'd be too expensive for us to hit Wrestlemania so we got some cheap tickets on stubhub and made the trip to STL. The atmosphere was legit, definitely a lot better than any show I've been to in OKC, wrestling crowds here are horrible.

Currently at a Raw house show. Production is way better than the last Smackdown show I attended. Ryback is over bigger than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henning getting the Perfect Plex on The Giant. fucking fantastic execution and technique. Way better than the one he would use in the WWE but a gimme considering Show was much heavier by then and Hennig's back was pretty shot at that point. Shame that he didn't get the pin on either. Anybody that can nail the bridge on a fisherman's suplex against a 400+ pound man kinda deserves it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pzbj9ps_zk

Too bad only Raven match on there is his US Title defense against Goldberg. It's a good match although I'm willing to bet everyone here can guess how it ends. I would've preferred to see Raven against DDP (or against Crispin Wah but that had zero chance of happening).

EDIT - Oh yeah and Mr. Perfect should've won the title in the WWF. Bret Hart was great but Perfect was better on the mic and just as good in the ring.

Mr. Perfect had a crispness to his suplex that was only rivaled by Chris Benoit and Dynamite Kid. Also, nobody had a better snapmare than Perfect.

I'm not a fan of floaty suplexes (unless there's a stall); the death valley driver Cena uses as a finisher would be far better looking if he didn't float them down. I've seen husbands carry wives through the threshold with greater intensity than Cena delivers his finisher.

I love how the ref (Randy Jacobs? Mark Jacobs? It's been too long) Gets on the bottom turnbuckle as he realizes what is going on.

[quote name='bhk']I love how the ref (Randy Jacobs? Mark Jacobs? It's been too long) Gets on the bottom turnbuckle as he realizes what is going on.[/QUOTE]

That's Randy Anderson and I was there for that. It was at a Nitro in Worcester, MA back in 1997. A roommate and I drove up from UCONN and the place popped for that. I thought Hennig was going to blow out his back again trying to do it. The nWo came out after Giant kicked out and chokeslammed Hennig, kicked his ass, and then Sting came out and kicked all their asses. Really hot show. Flair disbanded the Horsemen, Eddie wrestled as El Caliente against Rey, Goldberg's 2nd match against The Barbarian and people, including myself, thought he was an Austin clone, Zbyszko and Hall getting into it, and of course, the Nitro Girls.

If you're playing WWE '13, the next DLC will be out this Monday (huzzah to Cesaro!):

- The next Downloadable Content pack for WWE ’13 will be released on Monday at 5pm (EST) and will include the following playable characters:

* Damien Sandow
* Antonio Cesaro
* Jimmy Uso
* Jey Uso
* Brian Pillman
* Chainsaw Charlie

Awesome news. I bought the DLC pass for 4 wrestlers: DDP, Goldust, Pillman and Damien Sandow. About time it came out.

This is the last pack of DLC for the game, right?

[quote name='mitch079']That's Randy Anderson and I was there for that. It was at a Nitro in Worcester, MA back in 1997. A roommate and I drove up from UCONN and the place popped for that. I thought Hennig was going to blow out his back again trying to do it. The nWo came out after Giant kicked out and chokeslammed Hennig, kicked his ass, and then Sting came out and kicked all their asses. Really hot show. Flair disbanded the Horsemen, Eddie wrestled as El Caliente against Rey, Goldberg's 2nd match against The Barbarian and people, including myself, thought he was an Austin clone, Zbyszko and Hall getting into it, and of course, the Nitro Girls.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the story :)

[quote name='mykevermin']Mr. Perfect had a crispness to his suplex that was only rivaled by Chris Benoit and Dynamite Kid. Also, nobody had a better snapmare than Perfect.

I'm not a fan of floaty suplexes (unless there's a stall); the death valley driver Cena uses as a finisher would be far better looking if he didn't float them down. I've seen husbands carry wives through the threshold with greater intensity than Cena delivers his finisher.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s Multiple times? And why are you watching? Hmmm...:whistle2:k

Remember 10 years ago when Cena was fresh? "Basic Thugonomics" would hit, and we would all look forward to being entertained. Now those goddamned horns blare, and it's like "Aw shit. Maybe he'll get injured tonight".

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Remember 10 years ago when Cena was fresh? "Basic Thugonomics" would hit, and we would all look forward to being entertained. Now those goddamned horns blare, and it's like "Aw shit. Maybe he'll get injured tonight".[/QUOTE]

I remember when Cena had the rap album drop and had the parental advisory sticker and def was not PG.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not even interested in complaining about wrestling anymore. I just want to watch more and more Antonio Cesaro.[/QUOTE]

This. Monday Night What Will Cesaro Lift This Week?

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not even interested in complaining about wrestling anymore. I just want to watch more and more Antonio Cesaro.[/QUOTE]

I've been astounded about how well they HAVEN'T dropped the ball with him. If there's one guy I'm glad they didn't fuck up, it's him.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I just noticed that Todd Grisham now works at ESPN. What is up with ESPN hiring away all of WWE's talent?[/QUOTE]

They should up pick up Booker T and let him and Stephen A. Smith just ramble incessantly.

[quote name='ced']They should up pick up Booker T and let him and Stephen A. Smith just ramble incessantly.[/QUOTE]

NO. Booker should do color for any/all seasonal sports, ie: football then basketball, then baseball. That way he can scream out " Wut da Heyallll" every single time there is a bs call, bad play, foul, etc.

[quote name='ced']They should up pick up Booker T and let him and Stephen A. Smith just ramble incessantly.[/QUOTE]

Make it Chet Lemon and Black Snow and I'll watch anything they're involved with.

Booker across from Skip Bayless "Tell me he did not just say that!"

[quote name='mykevermin']If you're playing WWE '13, the next DLC will be out this Monday (huzzah to Cesaro!):

- The next Downloadable Content pack for WWE ’13 will be released on Monday at 5pm (EST) and will include the following playable characters:

* Damien Sandow
* Antonio Cesaro
* Jimmy Uso
* Jey Uso
* Brian Pillman
* Chainsaw Charlie[/QUOTE]

It's actually coming out tomorrow. The live stream they just had today said it should be out for most people tomorrow (assuming 360 users, PS3 will be Wednesday).

Face Miz is a horrible, unworkable idea.

Remember what people said about Ricky Steamboat not ever being able to work heel? The opposite applies to Miz (and to be sure, Miz is no Steamboat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back