The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent match for a gimmick match. It felt like a big time TV match due to the build in prior weeks. Ryback isn't as terrible as most people say. He's no Crispin Wah, but he's also no Khali.

[quote name='Cage017']And Cesaro continues to amaze people around the world.[/QUOTE]

Late to the party, but I just watched him Neutralize Khali on Main Event.

Other than the Big Show, I think he's might as well call it a day on the "People I can Neutralize to Show How fucking Crazy Strong I Am" showcase.

Looking at what WWE threw up on YouTube. Nothing really catching my interest outside of seeing how the Kaitlyn-Eve feud is progressing, Punk-Rock, and Fandango.

Not that they matter, but Kaitlyn is pretty awkward in the ring. I think the feud works, tho. Rock-Punk promo: Excellent way to close the show. I know Rock takes the title some time this year—but I think Ryback should be the one to break Punk's streak. When Punk drops the title, it's gonna give a big push to whomever catches the win. Definitely more meaningful if Ryback gets the rub. I don't like the character and think he's boring—but I'd rather see them push new talent than Cena or Rock. It's not like a Del Rio situation where he got the shotgun too soon. If they put Ryback over Punk, it'll be a bit more credible.

I know it definitely won't happen...but "CM Punk kills all of the superheroes" sounds like a long term plan leading to a possible Austin or Undertaker WM match.

Great segment there. Thanks for the post.

Anybody else think of Shaun of the Dead seeing that red spot on CM Punk's shirt throughout the clip?

Ryder going off again on Twitter

Last night on Raw, WWE posted a "The World Follows WWE On Twitter" list. The Rock, John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk were in the top four spots, while the Miz was in 5th place with 878,011 followers. This upset Zack Ryder, since he has 990,324 followers. Here is what he posted on Twitter last night…

So on #RAW it just showed the most followed superstars in @WWEand they just skipped me? #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO

Can @WWE read? I have 989k twitter followers. @mikethemiz has 879k. #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO #HMMM

The world follows me on twitter too. @WWE just doesn't want you to know. I have 100k followers more than @mikethemiz.pic.twitter.com/J6k3DFx0

Hey @WWE. Whose decision was it to leave me off the "The World Follows WWE On Twitter" list? You can just DM me the answer. I won't tell.

Hey @WWE…#RyderHasMoreFollowersThanMiz is trending worldwide. :) Sorry @mikethemiz.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...pset-WWE-Left-Him-Off-Twitter-List-on-Raw.htm

Well it's not like they can put him on TV even less.

Finally downloading all of the WWE 13 season pass content just in case it goes away when THQ explodes...I've already heard Justin Gabriel's theme 3 times at this menu.

EDIT - the Cesaro pack just popped up when I refreshed the menu.

Cesaro seems pretty faithful to reality though he has his debut look - plain black gear, no jacket, yellow entrance video. Neutralizer is the old style where he would switch hands after getting them into the piledriver position. Signatures are the Very European Uppercut off of an Irish Whip and his Karelin-ish gutwrench suplex from the front position.

Sandow's entrance is pretty fantastic and he has his flip-out Russian Legsweep as a signature but Terminus lacks the floatover. Elbow of Disdain doesn't seem to be in (at least as a signature)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that came out of nowhere. And it's on the front page of WWE's website so if you don't want it spoiled, don't go there.

[quote name='Purple Flames']That closing segment just goes to show how awesome Punk is on the mic and how The Rock has become a walking anachronism.[/QUOTE]

'Twas an excellent promo. He came close to saying without actually saying "You are all sheep who baa for whoever WWE wants you to baa for. You're all marks who spend your money on whoever WWE tells you to spend money on. It's become worse as the years proceed because WWE targets stupid little kids who don't know any better."

I'd like to see him cross that line. He's smart about how he phrases what he says. (Not that WWE would reprimand him.)

And The Rock has become a parody of himself. He's like a brown Hulk Hogan.

In the "This will work out well" department from Mike Johnson @ pwinsider.com:

WWE Hall of Famer Tammy Sytch and independent wrestler Damian Darling have announced they have gotten engaged via their respective Facebook pages.

Darling had taken an order of protection out against Sytch during her first arrest earlier this year during a domestic issue. This led to Sytch being arrested a number of additional times (sometimes several days in a row) before Sytch went to rehab for treatment.

Obviously, they were able to work out their issues. We wish the couple well.

On her Facebook, Sytch wrote that she intends to leave pro wrestling and pursue a chiropractor's degree. She also noted her intentions to sell her WWE Hall of Fame ring. Sytch was the youngest inductee in WWE history when she was inducted in 2011.

I loved Punk throwing in the "boxing with God" line. I really hope he doesn't lose to Rock right away if they're going to go that way with it as I'd rather see their feud last a little longer.

[quote name='JJSP']El Generico has signed with the WWE and will report to developmental in about a month.[/QUOTE]

I'll let this sum up my feelings....

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Anybody have difficulty getting into the WWE 13 Shop menu to download the new superstars? I haven't been able to get in all night, it hangs on the loading screen.

Such a random title change on Smackdown. I don't know where they can go from here, to be honest. Weird decision.

[quote name='JJSP']El Generico has signed with the WWE and will report to developmental in about a month.[/QUOTE]

¡Olé! ¡Ono!

:puke:

[quote name='Tsel']Such a random title change on Smackdown. I don't know where they can go from here, to be honest. Weird decision.[/QUOTE]
Ziggler (heel) is going to cash in on Del Rio (face).

Last edited:
[quote name='Brak']
Ziggler (heel) is going to cash in on Del Rio (face).
[/QUOTE]

That's the only solution I could think of. You might want to put that in spoilers though.

[quote name='advanced']Anybody have difficulty getting into the WWE 13 Shop menu to download the new superstars? I haven't been able to get in all night, it hangs on the loading screen.[/QUOTE]

I had problems earlier but eventually got em. Just keep trying, it seems that ever since Christmas Eve, the game's servers have been hammered during peak hours and only time I can download anything from CC is after midnight or early morning (guess all the kiddies got the game for Xmas and clogging up the servers).

---

Oh cmon Brak, out of all the people in here you'd be one of the last people I'd expect to post the spoiler. How hard is it for people to use spoiler tags? Jesus.

And heeeere comes Marcus Abernathy!

Just the other day I was thinking that Ziggler should win the Rumble (who else is there.... Cena? Sheamus?), have a fluke loss/DQ at the end of his Mania match, and then cash in immediately, but the current title picture didn't really make sense for that to happen. I think this followed the discussion here about face Miz, which they almost had to do because of all the media events he's been doing. Miz is a lot like Jericho to me in the regard that he can sort of work as a face, maybe? But the ceilings for face Miz and face Jericho are a lot lower than heel Miz and heel Jericho.

[quote name='Tsel']Such a random title change on Smackdown. I don't know where they can go from here, to be honest. Weird decision.[/QUOTE]

It will help generate buzz, especially with The Rock appearing on Smackdown. It's WrassleMania™ time, so any buzz is good buzz for them.

[quote name='mykevermin']Y'all watch Smackdown live on Friday nights without reading spoilers or dirtsheets?

right.[/QUOTE]

this.

[quote name='advanced']Anybody have difficulty getting into the WWE 13 Shop menu to download the new superstars? I haven't been able to get in all night, it hangs on the loading screen.[/QUOTE]

I got in immediately last night around 10:30 or so Central Time. Cesaro is a legitimate beast, definitely fits in with my play style. I have had trouble getting into Community Creations though ever since I bought the game last Tuesday... if I knew it would be a rehashed issue, I would not have wasted my money buying this year's game.

It just prompts a "wtf?" when told. There's very little built up to the match, no feud really between the two and their web site is already advertising the results. Sounds like they just needed to get the title off him.

Makes me wonder if the champ is injured, needed time off or violated their wellness policy(I doubt the last one, since there would be a suspension announced).

[quote name='mykevermin']Y'all watch Smackdown live on Friday nights without reading spoilers or dirtsheets?

right.[/QUOTE]

I do, tend to watch it while I'm doing my cardio at night. Same goes with whatever else is on from 9-10 pm

[quote name='mitch079']Ziggler still has another 6 months to cash in the MITB briefcase...just saying.[/QUOTE]

Crazy conspiracy theory, with a big gaping whole, but it's the wwe, and we all know how well they are at keeping their stories straight.... But here's my thinking, rock beats cena for the title, ziggler cashes in and beats rock. The end.

[quote name='Genocidal']Just the other day I was thinking that Ziggler should win the Rumble (who else is there.... Cena? Sheamus?)[/QUOTE]
Cena/Sheamus/Orton will win the Rumble. I'd be happy if nearly anybody else on the roster besides those boring three won.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I'll let this sum up my feelings....

[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I thought Bennett would be gone before him. WWE will put him in a comedy team with Santino by the end of the year.

[quote name='HydroX']

I got in immediately last night around 10:30 or so Central Time. Cesaro is a legitimate beast, definitely fits in with my play style. I have had trouble getting into Community Creations though ever since I bought the game last Tuesday... if I knew it would be a rehashed issue, I would not have wasted my money buying this year's game.[/QUOTE]

Finally got in myself. I'm really happy to have Damien Sandow in the game finally.

Let's hope Kevin Dunn has seen El Generico at some point before he hits WWE tv (or that he drops dead first), otherwise his career is gonna get Colt Cabana'd.

For the SD Spoiler stuff...

I'm enjoying the beginnings of face Del Rio but still think this is just a way to transition the belt to the Sheamus/Orton feud. Whichever one of Sheamus/Orton wins the Rumble the other will end up with the belt at Elimination Chamber.

Ziggler will either cash in at EC and we'll end up with a Triple Threat at Wrestlemania or he'll wait until after the Sheamus/Orton title match and cash in at WM.

Wrestling Observer is reporting that...
Ric Flair will be on RAW this upcoming Monday to confront CM Punk. That will be epic only and I mean ONLY if this ends with Flair doing an elbow drop on his sports coat.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I'll let this sum up my feelings....

[/QUOTE]

That would be my sentiment if Bully Ray went back to WWE.

I look forward to what wonky name WWE will give him. El Amigo, El Grande, Los Loco, Psicopata. Surely one of these will hit.

Edit: Los Tacos Amigos is actually a pretty amusing substitute.

[quote name='neocisco']I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even let him wear a mask.

"Now making his way to the ring, Stephen Wallace!"[/QUOTE]

Making his way to the ring? Yeah, right. He'll be fed a steady diet of jobber entrances.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Making his way to the ring? Yeah, right. He'll be fed a steady diet of jobber entrances.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

"Already in the ring at this time..." (Because we're not giving 20 seconds of airtime to this jabroni.)

Of course, we're assuming they'll actually move him out of FCW after his deprogramming.

If you're believing the rumor sites, the WWE is also attempting to sign Mike Bennett, Sami Callahan, and Davey Richards.

The only indy talent I'd say was ruined/wasted is Cabana, but I think it's too soon to say for a lot of the others (Rollins, Moxley, Hero, Pac). Castagnoli and Danielson have been fantastic and Punk is probably the biggest star they've made in recent years who wrestled somewhere that wasn't WWE.

[quote name='mykevermin']Quick, can we create a list of indy talent WWE has snatched up and ruined?

I'll start:
Paul London
Brian Kendrick[/QUOTE]

Does Low-Ki count? Though I'd make the argument he was less ruined and more squandered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back