The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever TNA finally starts touring the nation every week, there ratings will see a boost.

The audience will be packed with wrestling fans, and not clueless tourists.

The people watching at home, through the miracle box, will see the crowd popping and pop themselves - a less sinister laugh track, but the same theory.

There's an overall sort of "down" vibe to Impact because of the crowd, in my opinion. Their reactions and lack of reaction really murder the product sometimes.

(The Impact Zone's "YOU STILL GOT IT" chant to Hardy was pretty painful. #-o)

In the "Really? Really? Really." Department:

Zack Ryder posted on Twitter announcing that he will perform his song "Hoeski" outside of the arena before the Royal Rumble PPV:

BREAKING NEWS! I will perform #Hoeski LIVE before WWE Royal Rumble outside the US Airways Arena

So that's about a year late...

They're murdering the character so he can redebut as a no-nonsense heel in 2013.

[quote name='Brak']There's an overall sort of "down" vibe to Impact because of the crowd, in my opinion. Their reactions and lack of reaction really murder the product sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Right. Same distinction WCW had comparing Nitro to "Saturday Night." Plus a company that tours and promotes keeps themselves locally relevant. Impact is still the biggest "regional" promotion out there.

So TNA is doing a Gut Wrench contest which i dont know much about, but a friend of mine is doin it.

I will not hesitate to support him as he has worked his ass off to be in the industry and its the one thing he cares about.

I was hopin the people of CAG would help by voting for him. He is in Bracket 1 and his name is Mark Ptasnik.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/component/k2/item/4021

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Actually, it's Gut Check. Gut wrenching is how some of those guys' wrestling could be described. ;)

Or if Jeremy Borasch is saying it it's
GUT CHEEEEECK!!!!!!!

I'll throw him a vote.

I've heard of ringside tickets, but a ring ticket? #lazygarbagewriting

I don't understand people. The same people in the crowd that boo the shit out of Cena for his stale ass crap cheer the hell out of Rock for the same lame, old, stupid shit. Ugh.

[quote name='Brak']You missed the Team Hell No segment then? Lucky...[/QUOTE]

I caught Rock singing songs to Vickie Guerrero, and decided I wasn't interested.

Tensai getting a jobber entrance? First time I'm watching the full RAW and not just segments on Youtube or reading results.

I turned the tv off when they went to break before the Cena promo. Two minutes later I turned it back on in case something happened. I'm a fucking idiot.

Turned on the ending of RAW only to watch Cena literally waste five minutes pandering to the crowd that was pretty much booing him out of the arena. Glad there isn't some important PPV coming up or anything that they need to promote. ;)

[quote name='vlv723']Tensai getting a jobber entrance? First time I'm watching the full RAW and not just segments on Youtube or reading results.[/QUOTE]

Tensai has been a jobber for months now. He was a complete and total bust.

[quote name='Tsel']Tensai has been a jobber for months now. He was a complete and total bust.[/QUOTE]

I think we all saw this coming.

He broke up a solid tag team with Karl Anderson but I'm glad he got his WWE money. Deserving. Hopefully this means Giant Bernard returns to Japan and takes out Goto. Not a fan of this Goto-Anderson team, but I'm glad Anderson is back in a tag team. Not a guy meant for a solo career.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I was hoping they would do surprise guys in the Rumble..[/QUOTE]

From reports I've read,
the New Age Outlaws
are almost a certainty at this point. I've also read that
MVP
Tommy Dreamer
, and
Shelton Benjamin
have been contacted.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I was hoping they would do surprise guys in the Rumble..[/QUOTE]
They have 7 open spots. I would guess some of these:
Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Ezekiel Jackson, Christian, and Evan Bourne.

[quote name='MisterModest']They have 7 open spots. I would guess some of these:
Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Ezekiel Jackson, Christian, and Evan Bourne.
[/QUOTE]

I would like to see none of those guys. Maybe one, but he did considerably better in TNA and should have stayed there.

Cena promo was something that would barely pass inspection at a house show. Rock was never a favorite even during his prime and he's not doing much to change my mind now with his "IT'S ABOUT ELECTRIFYING THE PEOPLE!!!" routine. In contrast, Punk's cartoonish supervillain disdain for the people is also fucking stupid. It's at the point where I enjoy Ryback promos the most because he can barely do one, so it's over in 30 seconds.

LOL at Miz trying to do the figure four, then doing an interview after where he said he was going to keep working on it and going back and watching tapes and consulting with Ric Flair until he perfected it. Yeah, sure. To borrow from a LOP article comment, I "perfected" the figure four when I was 8 years old. In a bounce house.

Watched the Punk doc on Netflix this morning, and can't help but like the guy. Buying Joey Mercury's house for 6 figures so it didn't go to foreclosure is an extremely classy move.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Cena promo was something that would barely pass inspection at a house show. Rock was never a favorite even during his prime and he's not doing much to change my mind now with his "IT'S ABOUT ELECTRIFYING THE PEOPLE!!!" routine. In contrast, Punk's cartoonish supervillain disdain for the people is also fucking stupid. It's at the point where I enjoy Ryback promos the most because he can barely do one, so it's over in 30 seconds.

LOL at Miz trying to do the figure four, then doing an interview after where he said he was going to keep working on it and going back and watching tapes and consulting with Ric Flair until he perfected it. Yeah, sure. To borrow from a LOP article comment, I "perfected" the figure four when I was 8 years old. In a bounce house.[/QUOTE]

I groaned when Ryback started off his promo with "Damn, my job is fun!".

My friend and I talked about how 3MB and Shield have too many similarities and proceeded to joke the entire night about how 3MB beat down The Rock.

Maybe Ryback needs some more conditioning or to eat less. If you need to take a deep breath before every word, maybe you need to eat less or something. I just hate when he speaks.

http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.com/2013/01/wwe-is-trolling-everyone-right.html

Hope you're sitting down for this, but WWE is stepping up its anti-bullying campaign by joining the push for "No Name Calling Week." Yes, the same company that just last week ran a segment to close the show based around calling Paul Heyman "Twinkie Tits" and Vickie Guerrero and ugly hooker is going to tell people not to call people names. Yes, Vince, you and your guys have ALL THE MORAL AUTHORITY IN THE WORLD TO JOIN THIS CAMPAIGN.

In all seriousness, maybe Vince McMahon is a genius... a troll genius, that is. It's the only logical explanation for the disconnect between WWE's words and their actions at this point. If so, well done McMahon. Well done.

heh.

I finally finished watching last week's Impact and I have to say I enjoyed the ending. A's/8's had seemed to treading water for a while now and this should definitely help move them forward without having to do the big reveal and wrap things up.

I always prefer Taz as a heel - his goofy "goomba + nutsack jokes" face commentary grated my nerves. When he spoke as an expert, breaking down why moves were effective, I dug it - it lended credibility that Tenay couldn't offer. But man alive, he's not a good color guy.

Also, as much as I want D-Von to succeed in a singular role as well as Bully Ray has, revealing him as the leader of Aces and Eights was a big "" moment in terms of the group's relevance and momentum. This has the potential to shift it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Maybe Ryback needs some more conditioning or to eat less. If you need to take a deep breath before every word, maybe you need to eat less or something. I just hate when he speaks.[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to say most bodybuilders probably have poor cardio. Plus, having that much muscle requires a lot more oxygen. PEDs can't make someone a better athlete—and Ryback is definitely on something.

[quote name='mykevermin']I always prefer Taz as a heel - his goofy "goomba + nutsack jokes" face commentary grated my nerves. When he spoke as an expert, breaking down why moves were effective, I dug it - it lended credibility that Tenay couldn't offer. But man alive, he's not a good color guy.

Also, as much as I want D-Von to succeed in a singular role as well as Bully Ray has, revealing him as the leader of Aces and Eights was a big "" moment in terms of the group's relevance and momentum. This has the potential to shift it.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong on this but D-Von was not revealed as the leader... he was revealed to be the Sgt. At Arms, and considering they are modeling this shit like it's a Sons of Anarchy clone, the Sgt. At Arms is more like a third in command. Above him would be the VP and President.

Fair enough, I've never watched that show or read Hunter S. Thompson's "Hells Angels," so I'm pretty clueless as to what the ranks actually mean. If you're right (and that's a good possibility), then they could be a bit better about explaining it.

Hydrox, you're right about D-Von being Sgt. at Arms. He's essentially been used as a field commander. They've referred to one of the still-masked guys as VP in the backstage segments so there are at least 2 more reveals that could happen.

It seems now they are just going to reveal the members, so they'll likely drag this out as long as humanly possible. While it's nice that they have dedication to an angle, there's no way the reveal will be as big as it's expected to be by the time it happens. People are already starting to get sick of it. Personally, I don't care either way as long as the Claire Lynch stuff isn't happening. Good Lord.

What's the current status of things like the DLC and online servers for WWE 13 now that THQ is essentially no more? Is the game dead in the water?

[quote name='Scorch']Looks like Take 2 will be getting/has already received the WWE license.[/QUOTE]

This is a great day for wrasslin game fans indeed.

wow...

So did THQ stop all work after 13? Just wondering if Take 2 absorbs the engine, etc or if Take 2 have to start from scratch with a new developer?

I think this is just the publishing rights, Yukes I think is still working on WWE 14 I am willing to wager unless 2K is going to get a new developer and try to get a new title out within the next few months from scratch, unless there will be no WWE 14 and they are holding off for next gen, which I highly doubt but who knows.

[quote name='kodave']What's the current status of things like the DLC and online servers for WWE 13 now that THQ is essentially no more? Is the game dead in the water?[/QUOTE]

Well, the online servers were consistently *terrible* year after year for the WWE titles, so even if they shut down fully, it can't be much worse than the status quo.[/cranky]

We'll see what happens with the WWE license. Enjoy '13, since I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we'll see the next WWE game in late-2014. Sucks for WWE's financials; wonder if they're ever going to get their $$$ due them from THQ.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Zen Davis is watching is one of the best tags I have ever seen on CAG.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='guyver2077']if Take 2 have to start from scratch with a new developer?[/QUOTE]

Even as someone who was suckered in by the Xbox WWF/E games, I still say *please* try something new. I'd rather see a solid engine with fewer options; Yuke's has made bigger games with more "busy" bullshit, but the core problems were never really addressed.

Take Two is a publisher, Yuke's is a developer. The former fronts the cost for the game, the latter makes the game. Think of the relationship as similar between publishers and authors in the book industry, or labels and bands in the record industry. One group puts up the financial risk, one group makes the end product. Take Two can continue to work with Yuke's easily enough*, I suppose - or they can shop around for another developer.

* Meh, there may be some contractual issues lingering I don't know about.

i like cm punk's whole "i hate everyone" thing... and i love the fact that he's not in on the shield. when everyone starts spouting out the rocks catch phrases, i love how punk calls them out on it. he's basically making fun of the entire wwe universe. he's still basically doing the whole "time for a change" thing still. its almost like he's begging for the whole PG thing to be lifted so he can really stand out. ala the attitude era.

mark my words one day the start of the show is gonna have a big giant disclaimer and cm punk will come out first... and there will be a giant pipebomb.

i think we are on the brink of a new era. could start after rumble or after wrestlemania, most likely mania.

as of now im still confused on the cm punk vs. rock for the title match... im not sure who will win... they can't have rock win... then defend vs. cena at mania... lose to cena... i mean it will get them a ton of publicity. ROCK is champ for 2 months... think of all the press they will get. and the craziest thoughts i've had.... rock beats punk.... cena wins Rumble, then cena beats rock for title........... then ziggler cashes in... and wins... thats my prediction.

Punk bores me on the mic.

I read about Cena's promo being gaaaaaahd-awful this past Monday, so I went back to watch it. I have to admit I was taken in by it. But for the wrong reasons. It was a stream-of-consciousness so full of fail I was awestruck. I understand what he was trying to set up, but it fucking *failed* miserably. That said, it was very catchy in a car-wreck sense, waiting to see his next fall-flat clever phrase. I'd tune in to watch Cena flop on the mic for a few months.

But Punk doesn't work for me. He tries too hard to be a new kind of cool heel. The problem is that most of the stuff he says is *right* - which is just wrong wrong wrong for a heel. I find that he's (thematically) repetitive on the mic, and the things he says don't really make me react one way or another. He's not Randy Orton boring, but he's getting there.

It makes no sense why they'd have the guy that pandered to little kids and women come out at 11PM. Why not have him in the first hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back