The Seventh Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Brackets Are Sufficiently Broken!

I've combed through the list of entries and kicked four that I cannot connect to a username, so feel free to join again if any of these brackets belongs to you as long as you post here and let me know that it belongs to you:

Mumble's Minions
Blaise
JPtheProdigy
Jimmers Balls

A couple of you got lucky that you entered in past years' contests and I could find you in one of the older threads.

Frisky, hopefully I'm not too late - finally got around to doing my bracket at 5AM Pacific.

I am io_cag and my bracket is "Io's Picks" so hopefully that is pretty obvious when you view in the AM and you won't boot me.
I made my picks in about 2 minutes so if I get anywhere near the top I'll be shocked ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
My yahoo id is lazy_mcgee and I think my name on there is Tom or something like that just in case it shows that too. It is my junk mail account :)

Forgot to post earlier, but we're locked down now. We only have one person that forgot to fill out their bracket this year, so nobody else will be dead last.

If you haven't heard, TNT, Tru TV and TBS are also showing games this year, so you're not at the mercy of what games CBS decides to show in your area. There's also a streaming option if you don't want to switch channels all the time.

64 brackets are perfect so far and 14 have not gotten anything right. I noticed that four brackets neglected to pick winners, so there's a potential 32 points that were left on the table.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Down goes Louisville! Only had them in the sweet sixteen so no biggie.[/QUOTE]

I changed them last second from Final 4 to Sweet 16. Good save. They've killed me in the past. Let the Morehead/Rick Pitino jokes begin!

Yeah, I have picked up right where I left off last year - 1 out of 4 so far. Clemson had a good chance to win - down 3 with 2 minutes to go. Then they let the SAME FRIGGIN GUY steal the ball three times in a row. WTF? He steals it twice, they call a time out, and then he steals it again after the time out. Uggh.

5-0 so far :)

Kentucky almost killed me. I Have them in the final four. I dont like my second round picks though .. fingers crossed!

4 out of 8 but messing aroudn with bracket i could still end up in 3rd at the end

989the bear im 6 out of 8 ...... out of the running for the 100 bucks cash alot of people at 8/8

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Every year just continues to prove that great games generally make for bad brackets.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I love March Madness. I have Kansas going all the way but if they are tied with Boston tomorrow with 1 minute to go, I'm rooting for the upset:cool:

Michigan losing hurts a bit, but the only real injury to my bracket is Louisville (had them as a Sweet 16). Not too bad so far though - 11 of 15. Still in pretty good shape.

Seriously, is there a prize for making the worst possible picks? I haven't even assessed the damage, but it seems every upset that I picked didn't happen and yet upsets happened nearly everywhere I didn't pick them. This has got to be the worst one I've ever done :lol:.

Edit: 9 out of 16. I honestly thought it was much worse than that. Plus I only have 2 eliminated from my Sweet 16 and none from my Elite 8 yet, so it could turn around pretty quick. Freakin' St. Johns and Vanderbilt hosed me though.

bread's done
Back