The Sheamus Appreciation Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather sit on my couch and do work while WWE is on anymore.

I can't imagine having to sit front row at all those fucking tv tapings.

[quote name='Spyder187']Cause someone is a thread Nazi? That shit don't fly in the Steam thread, BB thread, or any other type thread, only in here for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Because pro wrestling threads on video game websites matter.

[quote name='neocisco']Today has been the very definition of a slow wrestling day as the content of this thread shows.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here. It hasn't been a slow day, we're just appreciating the greatness of Dolph Ziggler. One has to wonder if the real reason why things didn't work out was that during sex, Ziggler would yell "How damn good am I!!".

As far as Sheamus goes, it is difficult for me to appreciate him when the man doesn't lose...ever. He is the only guy on the roster right now that you know 100% he is going to win. It doesn't matter if someone interferes or not, it will still end with Brogue Kick. If a wrestler you like is in the ring and you hear Sheamus's music hit, you get pissed.

Rey should retire and pass the torch to Sin Cara somehow via manager position or a retirement match (or both). His last title reign shows they have nothing for him and only keep him employed to sell merch.

Rey should just sign with Impact, work that light schedule and I'm sure he'd be the top merch seller like Jeff Hardy is.

I may have to watch RAW again if this ever comes to fruition.

402898_459927770695834_51796383_n.jpg

Diet Pepsi and Regular Pepsi are having quite the stare down.

Edit: sorry added the spoiler tag when I realized that picture is from a taping this week and not the episode that aired last night.

Just wait until Pepsi stars in his first WWE horror movie and they call up Diet Pepsi to impersonate him from days gone by.

Ouch. That Gut Check guy stunk.

He's gonna get three NOs.
[quote name='Demolition Man']Boy is TNA really jumping the shark tonight so far.[/QUOTE]
How's that?

[quote name='Demolition Man']That backstage segment with Hogan is all I need to bring up.[/QUOTE]
I think it would be more "jumping the shark" if it were revealed that all of the Impacts thus far was one, long Dixie Carter dream, or a wrestler traveling through time from the past to the present.

[quote name='Brak']I think it would be more "jumping the shark" if it were revealed that all of the Impacts thus far was one, long Dixie Carter dream, or a wrestler traveling through time from the past to the present.[/QUOTE]

True. But the write off for the whole Claire thing on the other hand..... :lol:

[quote name='Habbler']You know who get's more TV time than Tyler Reks? BroShirt does.
6KrFz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cena fan in the white suit jacket is second who happens to be to the right of him. Hate that clown.

[quote name='Purple Flames']For a split second, I thought that was ROH-era Punk on the left.[/QUOTE]

ditto.jpg

---

Speaking of paid clowns, whatever happened to sign guy (guy in the blue mechanic shirt with red baseball cap), havent seen him in awhile

What the hell kind of noises was Hogan making after hitting those guys with the bat? I think he was trying to growl, but it sounded like he was breathing with a terrible cold.

Finally, thank god they ended the Styles/Claire crap. That was one of those storylines where you pray people don't tune in for the first time during those segments.

[quote name='bg88']What the hell kind of noises was Hogan making after hitting those guys with the bat? I think he was trying to growl, but it sounded like he was breathing with a terrible cold.

Finally, thank god they ended the Styles/Claire crap. That was one of those storylines where you pray people don't tune in for the first time during those segments.[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad? I was sitting around watching wrestling with a new non-fan friends when this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0kKITr3NsI

[quote name='Demolition Man']True. But the write off for the whole Claire thing on the other hand..... :lol:[/QUOTE]
I thought it aborted the storyline quite tastefully. (Pardon the pun.)

The actress playing Claire Lynch was reportedly concerned over her identity and day job / day job location being revealed to wrestling fans over the Internet -- so her statement kind of made her come out on top so no wrestling fans will murder her out of spite. (Hey - I bet she was fearful of that!)

Daniels and Kaz come out of it as mega-heels, and AJ comes out of it as a super-babyface.

And, hey! It's finally over with! Isn't that what every wrestling fan was wanting most? :lol:

[quote name='TheRock88']Speaking of paid clowns, whatever happened to sign guy (guy in the blue mechanic shirt with red baseball cap), havent seen him in awhile[/QUOTE]

I miss the dude who looked like Jesus in sunglasses at the ECW shows.

[quote name='xilly']I miss the dude who looked like Jesus in sunglasses at the ECW shows.[/QUOTE]

Faith No More Guy? I think that's the one.

[quote name='Brak']Ouch. That Gut Check guy stunk.

He's gonna get three NOs.

[/QUOTE]

But he has such a good sob story. He has a dozen kids he cant afford (and shouldnt have had) and a dead brother! And he is starving.. he can see his ribs. Not sure how through all that fat on him. But yea, this guy looked like he never wrestled a day in his life. Everything was horrible from his timing to his botched moves. Even after he got finished off he was still talking and moving around right in front of the camera. He was worse at wresting than "Claire Lynch" was at attempting to act!

Sob story or not, he looked terrible; bowling shoe ugly would be a complement. If his story is legit and TNA feels bad enough for him, they should cut him a check on the side, send him along his merry way, but still give an across the board no on the Gut Check.

[quote name='Genocidal']Faith No More Guy? I think that's the one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

He's been at way more than ECW shows though. He was at tons of WWE shows over the years. I have no idea what he does for a living where he can afford to hang out in long hair and get front row seats for what must've amounted to hundreds of wrestling shows (including major PPVs).

http://www.wwe.com/classics/25-moments-that-defined-the-attitude-era/

I cannot get over the fact that the logo isn't censored.. AND he said WWF. I just.. :D :applause:

Not all of the videos in the article are unblurred, I suppose they're still going through footage and replacing it, but this intro video is good enough for me.

With the whole attitude era push - everything becoming uncensored (for the network, I know) and the attitude era being a theme in WWE '13.. I keep expecting things to get take a more mature turn. I know they won't, but still.

I went a little wacky, the other week, and plunked down $56 on a vintage, near-mint WCW Monday Jericho tshirt. :lol:

It was my first wrestling shirt in my youth, and I tore the original off my body, Hogan-style, the last day of gym one year in high school.

Kinda regretted that. :lol:

I don't plan on wearing it.

Impact drew a 1.15 rating. Hopefully Spike sees that live Impacts are worth the production efforts and they keep this momentum going.

Yep. Highest viewership since Feb.

Did you hear Kaz' promo, last night, Myke? You'd probably like it.

He got deep with some social commentary on *cough* "bastards".

I think I've mentioned this before, but Kaz sounds like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle to me. :lol:

I know I've mentioned that Bobby Lashley looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, though.

[quote name='Brak']I went a little wacky, the other week, and plunked down $56 on a vintage, near-mint WCW Monday Jericho tshirt. :lol:

It was my first wrestling shirt in my youth, and I tore the original off my body, Hogan-style, the last day of gym one year in high school.

Kinda regretted that. :lol:

I don't plan on wearing it.[/QUOTE]
My first wrestling shirt was one of the old 80's Roddy Piper ones that said "Hot Rod" on it.:lol: I got teased incessantly and at the time I didn't get the meaning behind it cuz I hadn't yet hit puberty. Looking back on it now, that was NOT a good shirt choice for a pre teen to wear to school.:whistle2:#

I think the only other wrestling shirts I had were some multi-colored LGBT friendly Ultimate Warrior shirt that was some knockoff from Woolworth's or something, a regular Warrior shirt and at least one each of the nWo original and nWo Wolfpac ones.:whistle2:#

But I see older shirts all the time in the thrift stores, including a LOT of Attitude era ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back