The Sheamus Appreciation Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I owned an Invasion-era WCW logo shirt, an old ECW Justin Credible shirt ("that's not just the coolest..."), and a Dudleyville Lumber Company ("We've Got Wood") shirt.

I'd still love to find a JOB Squad shirt.

[quote name='JJSP']I owned an Invasion-era WCW logo shirt, an old ECW Justin Credible shirt ("that's not just the coolest..."), and a Dudleyville Lumber Company ("We've Got Wood") shirt.

I'd still love to find a JOB Squad shirt.[/QUOTE]

L
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Al-Snow-JOB...t=US_Solo_Sports_Fan_Shop&hash=item46072c233e

XL
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Al-Snow-JOB...t=US_Solo_Sports_Fan_Shop&hash=item46072c271d

2XL
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Al-Snow-JOB...t=US_Solo_Sports_Fan_Shop&hash=item43b2ef9f13

[quote name='xilly']Need the ECW Job Squad shirt, not the WWE one.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the few shirts that I honestly don't know how to tell the difference. I'm guessing the ECW ones didn't have 3:16 on them

I like their proof picture for the Evan Bourne photo.

%21Bw0%21kswBWk%7E$%28KGrHqQOKiIEwQOlgDJ-BMKrpThJ8%21%7E%7E_3.JPG

They had Benoit's 4 horseman tights on e-bay the other week when I was poking around. My first wrestling T-shirt was a hulkamania shirt when I was 5, but when I got older I bought the Stone Cold Blood from a stone shirt,
b6c67ff2.jpg
and the DX Jersey with the number 69 on it.
317964468_o.jpg
Won't lie, I was an X-pac mark and had to have it. Was told to turn it inside out more than once at school. What a rebel I was.

I like the praying hands logo for the Taipei Deathmatch on that site. Made me immediately think of Axl Rotten vs Ian Rotten

I owned the Mick Foley "Fake Wrestler" shirt, an original EC F'N W shirt, an original ECW Tommy Dreamer shirt, the fake KISS logo ECW shirt, and I think that's it.

It's still weird to think that when I ordered those ECW shirts, I might've been talking to Stevie Richards or Bubba Ray.

[quote name='TheRock88']Speaking of paid clowns, whatever happened to sign guy (guy in the blue mechanic shirt with red baseball cap), havent seen him in awhile[/QUOTE]

I believe he was seen on Smackdown a week or two ago? I know he was at the 1000th RAW, but he was in a weird spot that the camera didn't really pick him up much at all. I've seen him at every WWE show I've ever been to.

[quote name='Scorch']This is one of the few shirts that I honestly don't know how to tell the difference. I'm guessing the ECW ones didn't have 3:16 on them[/QUOTE]

The original one was just the logo on the front with Pin Me, Pay Me! on the back. Before the ECW invasion came the "kissing ass isn't in our job description" tagline, which was re-printed for WWE when they started showing up on WWE TV. 316 and 1-2-3 4-Life were both WWE versions.

Also, it's almost how criminal how over Al Snow was in ECW and yet ultimately did nothing in WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2GyVhssz9U

[quote name='neocisco']I'd wear that BB shirt today.[/QUOTE]

Between dudes on ebay and barbershopwindow, there's a lot of reproductions available. You can easily get a reprint of the old purple "Macho Man" shirt on ebay, for instance.

That's actually one of the main reasons I wouldn't drop serious scratch on a vintage shirt (other than the fact that I wouldn't out of being cheap): too many reproductions out there for me to be confident that it's not a repro. Unless it's something stupid that wouldn't get reprinted, like Billy Gunn's "24kt. ASS" t-shirt.

I wonder how much the WWE Network is going to cost.

$5.99 / $6.99 a month? Anything over that might be a little bit too out of control for me.

If they go pay, they're dead on arrival.

The most I could accept is if they're on a higher "tier," like the "Sportz Fanatic Package" kinda junk tv peddlers push - you know, Golf Channel, Tennis Channel, Fox Soccer, NHL/MLB/NFL Network, etc.

Standalone $7/month? They can die in a fire for that. That's a marketing approach from ten years ago, won't fly today.

[quote name='xilly']
Also, it's almost how criminal how over Al Snow was in ECW and yet ultimately did nothing in WWE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2GyVhssz9U[/QUOTE]

I remember the PPV where Al Snow was facing Shane Douglas for the World Title. I have never been so sure that someone was going to win "the big one" in my life. Then it didn't happen and I think it was a big mistake on ECW's part. I get it, he was still technically a WWF guy but him losing that match really took the wind out of my sails and made it all but impossible to get excited for anything Al Snow did afterwards. Just a 2 or 3 month run would've been enough and awesome. His entrance really evolved into something amazing.

EDIT - Wrestlepalooza '98 if you want to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leoXkR3OZbE

I watched Saturday morning slam and it wasn't bad. we got to learn all about planet funk and then they showed all the other famous dancers in the WWE. 2 Cold Scorpio, Disco Inferno, Too Cool, and JYD. Kofi vs The One Man Rock Band was a decent match too. It was close to 10 mnutes long. Josh Mattews and Santino were on commentary. Santino was trying to get the refs attrention whe Slater was cheating and they actually called the names of the moves. As far as kids shows about fighting go it was much better than WMAC Masters.

[quote name='Habbler']As far as kids shows about fighting go it was much better than WMAC Masters.[/QUOTE]

Take it back.

Oh god...the WMAC episode where The Bam froze his son's hair and karate chopped it off so he could use it as a weapon known as The Willie Whip. Seriously a braided ponytail of black guy on a stick as a weapon...man that show was so awesomely terribad.

[quote name='ced']Oh god...the WMAC episode where The Bam froze his son's hair and karate chopped it off so he could use it as a weapon known as The Willie Whip. Seriously a braided ponytail of black guy on a stick as a weapon...man that show was so awesomely terribad.[/QUOTE]

Oh god I remember that. Also, I remember the show got canceled before they could ever get the Stolen Dragonstar back.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Oh god I remember that. Also, I remember the show got canceled before they could ever get the Stolen Dragonstar back.[/QUOTE]

One of the unsolved mysteries in life that may never be answered sadly. That along with such burning questions as who let the dogs out, what is love, and where's the beef shall live on to perplex generations to come.

[quote name='ced']Oh god...the WMAC episode where The Bam froze his son's hair and karate chopped it off so he could use it as a weapon known as The Willie Whip. Seriously a braided ponytail of black guy on a stick as a weapon...man that show was so awesomely terribad.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzLnKKodajw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Around 3:10. More entertaining than a Sheamus match.

Ok I take it back. WMAC Masters was pretty epic. If Saturday Morning Slam gave the wrestlers in the ring health bars it could be surpassed though. I remember Warlock was trying to make everyone think his brother Wizard was a spy, but it was actually Warlock all along.

There were no snapmares or anything that focused on the neck. I guess the good news is that Randy Orton will never wrestle on the kids show. I could see Zack Ryder getting a lot of matches on Saturday Morning Slam with his style.

[quote name='neocisco']I don't have the first clue what you guys are talking about.[/QUOTE]

WMAC Masters. Take Mortal Kombat (complete with Liu Kang) and make it a TV-PG Saturday morning program with many cheesy storylines and gimmicks. It's what WWE Superstars should strive to be.

[quote name='ced']WMAC Masters. Take Mortal Kombat (complete with Liu Kang) and make it a TV-PG Saturday morning program with many cheesy storylines and gimmicks. It's what WWE Superstars should strive to be.[/QUOTE]
That reminded me of the Mortal Kombat series that used to follow Nitro on Monday nights back in 98-99 called Konquest.:lol::whistle2:#

Guys...when you rearrange the letters in Tracy Swedom it spells Destroy WMAC.

My favorite thing about WMAC Masters was when Ho Sung Pak and Hakim Alston fought on the Earthquake ride at Universal Studios.

[quote name='neocisco']I don't have the first clue what you guys are talking about.[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

Looking at Wikipedia, I was around 13-14 when this show was on, and I don't think I ever knew it existed.

[quote name='diddy310']Guys...when you rearrange the letters in Tracy Swedom it spells Destroy WMAC.

My favorite thing about WMAC Masters was when Ho Sung Pak and Hakim Alston fought on the Earthquake ride at Universal Studios.[/QUOTE]

That was my favorite moment, as well. I still watch that series at least once a year.

Also when Shang Tsung stole Hakim Alston's soul in Mortal Kombat :roll:

[quote name='GhostShark']That was my favorite moment, as well. I still watch that series at least once a year.

Also when Shang Tsung stole Hakim Alston's soul in Mortal Kombat :roll:[/QUOTE]

It's bullshit Hakim Alston never got incorporated into the MK mythology. He's just this nameless fighter :(

My first shirt was the Purple Macho Man shirt, if I only knew how cool it would be now. That was when I was like 12, in my 20's I had a few Sting Crow Shirts.

[quote name='MSUHitman']When's the Punk DVD/BR? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It took more effort to log on CAG, find this thread and ask that question than to go on Amazon and type "CM Punk". ;)

October 9th.

[quote name='mykevermin']If they go pay, they're dead on arrival.

The most I could accept is if they're on a higher "tier," like the "Sportz Fanatic Package" kinda junk tv peddlers push - you know, Golf Channel, Tennis Channel, Fox Soccer, NHL/MLB/NFL Network, etc.

Standalone $7/month? They can die in a fire for that. That's a marketing approach from ten years ago, won't fly today.[/QUOTE]

Shit I wish DirecTV charged only $7 for the "Sportz Fanatic Package." Instead they charge $12 just because they decided to include all the regional sports networks that blackout any of the major league games they air anyways. On the other hand DirecTV does have BeIN Sports already in HD which is worth having just to hear Ray Hudson's epic one liners during La Liga games. :lol:

[quote name='mitch079']If WWE was to a standalone, then they should just stick to the WWE on Demand thing that's been going on for years now.[/QUOTE]

Except on demand services doesn't allow for them to do live specials and what not. That's one advantage of having a channel over on demand.

If we're talking about obscure wrestling crap from the 90's, can we talk about the late-night phenomenon that was the Urban Wrestling Alliance and its "No Hip-Hop Past This Point" sign?

[quote name='mitch079']All this talk about this WMAC thing should transition nicely into Battle Dome.[/QUOTE]

Hells yes. Battle Dome and WMAC Masters. Better than most 3 hour Raws!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back