The Simon and Simon OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LinkinPrime']That was dumb...can't believe someone went through the effort of making that.[/QUOTE]

says the man who doesn't appreciate American Psycho.

come on mang, it had planes and explosions. it's like a Michael Bay movie!

I don't know if it's a good thing that the second level didn't reward you with point bubbles or not. :whistle2:k

Ackbar: Spoken like somebody that's not in the beta. :nottalking:

LBP may be great. And I haven't played it, just seen the videos. But I can't see myself spending hours making quality levels. I guess it depends on what's made for it.

Even CheapyD mentioned his first reservations after getting in the Beta on the last podcast. And he skeets in the microphone whenever the topic comes up. That gave me pause.

I just can't get excited about it. Maybe when I play it. It looks cool. The Godzilla video looked cool. But, when you watch it, you don't really do much.

It reminds me a bit of Forza. I go "oh I can make awesome looking cars" and then about 3 hours later I decide it's too much time.

[quote name='lordwow']It reminds me a bit of Forza. I go "oh I can make awesome looking cars" and then about 3 hours later I decide it's too much time.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been thinking about it lately. "I made this. It's neat. Now what?"

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You don't need to make anything, as you can focus on just playing the story levels and all of the community levels that others will make.[/QUOTE]

99% of them look boring as hell though... it's like they forgot the platforming is supposed to be fun.

The best things I've seen are the tetris level and calculator level. I'd wager neither are overly fun to play, it's just neat to see that people made something like that with the engine.

Floaty jump over here. Grab dangling thing and scamper up, jump some more, collect some bubbles, floaty jump, get some items for level building, rinse, repeat.

I seriously was hyped for the game, until I started seeing the levels and videos of the beta.

Looks sort of boring.
[quote name='shrike4242']Wow. That's truly a sad opinion you have.

Though, like assholes, everyone has one.[/QUOTE]
That wasn't really an opinion.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sorry mang. Missed that post. Are you still an intern? Or did you convert to full-time?[/quote]

I'm still a co-op and next semester would be my last full time semester working. I should have my degree by Spring 2010. I hope I don't have to go back to retail work. :whistle2:(

I'm reconnected to the intratubes at home! Except the Motorola Wireless Surfboard modem I got from Amazon is D.O.A, so I have to rent a modem until I can get a new one. I might as well face it...If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

I agree that LBP is over hyped...its got cool original gimmicks but in the end its just lacking something...maybe a story would help...not sure.

[quote name='Number83']I'm reconnected to the intratubes at home! Except the Motorola Wireless Surfboard modem I got from Amazon is D.O.A, so I have to rent a modem until I can get a new one. I might as well face it...If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all![/QUOTE]

:whee: :wave: :whee:

[quote name='zewone']So, my infraction is gone.

When am I receiving my apology PM from wubb?[/QUOTE]

I'm still In like Flynn!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It does have a story.[/quote]

Not really...the game feels like you're playing different mini games/puzzles per level.

Hellboy is not as bad as I expected to be...its got its fun moments, the camera sucks ass though and its a bit glitchy. A few more weeks or a month or two delay for polish would have definitely made this game kick ass.

I finally got hit with the fake page at lolcatz.

That's pretty cool. I should have read how to access it, because I couldn't figure it out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hellboy is not as bad as I expected to be...its got its fun moments, the camera sucks ass though and its a bit glitchy. A few more weeks or a month or two delay for polish would have definitely made this game kick ass.[/QUOTE]
How much did you pay for it?

[quote name='Brak']How much did you pay for it?[/quote]

$20 at Amazon (previous DOTD)...trades for $35 at GameRush (it was mentioned when it was on sale)...planning to try to play through as much as I can and then trade it in.

This week's XBLA title is MLB Stickball.

I was hoping that Hellboy was $10, somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back