The Star Trek III (Back from the Dead) Thread

Less than 24 hrs to go til the new movie!!

Some theaters are playing both movies back to back.
Honestly it's a trade off since I already have the first one , seen it 3 times in the theater and to see it at 8pm rather than 12am is better IMHO. It's really grueling to see a 2.5 hr movie at midnight then come home by 3:30ish to be up at 5 to be at work at 7am :whistle2:\

[quote name='ITDEFX'] It's really grueling to see a 2.5 hr movie at midnight then come home by 3:30ish to be up at 5 to be at work at 7am :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]
That is always bad. The marathons and midnight shows are wearing on me as the years go on.

Just came back from the 8pm IMAX 3d showing.
Enjoyed it. Very good. Will talk more about it tomorrow night after everyone gets to see the 11pm/12am showing. Until then!

[quote name='6er']Paramount doesnt give a crap about Star Trek and the reason it was popular. They are only using the name for recognition to make more money.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/12/star-trek-into-darkness-enjoys-strong-international-debut

Paramount, enjoy losing the cult following and having nothing left when the popularity of this incarnation ends. Of course this is the studio they couldnt get Marvel universe together. Which is making billions in the hands of competence. And somehow....still largley aacknowleding its fans and history.

Lucy Arnez (errr?) and Roddenbery are rolling in their grave.

And yes it will last a good deal longer. Its a movie for people who cant comprehend much more than action scenes and explosions. No short supply there. But then another action sci fi trilogy will come along and star trek wont have a differing factor anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have an action oriented Star Trek than no Star Trek at all. Be aide let's face it, after Nemesis this franchise was on life support. Without this Star Trek, it seems likelythere wouldn't be any Star Trek at all.

Went to the midnight showing last night. I'd give it an 8 1/2. Below are my thoughts on the movie.

I was kinda pissed when
The Klingon took of his helmet. I would of been fine to mess with the Klingons looks if he (JJ Abrams) was sticking with the Trek franchise but I feel its a slap in the face to the fans to screw with something so important and then jump ship.

Loved the whole Spock screaming Khan. Thought it was a nice surprise and since Khan was not killed only put in stasis it leaves it possible for his return. You'd think there would be some dumbass who'd eventully wake him. And was anyone body thinking of this when Kirk dies (Star Trek 3 The Search for Kirk)

[quote name='JP']Star Trek will endure almost no matter what they do. If Star Wars can survive Lucas, Star Trek can survive Paramount. The fans will bitch and moan that it's nothing like what they grew up with, but continue to watch it while a new group jumps in.[/QUOTE]I think the new question is if Star Wars will survive the double onslaught of JJ Abrams and Disney.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'd rather have an action oriented Star Trek than no Star Trek at all. Be aide let's face it, after Nemesis this franchise was on life support. Without this Star Trek, it seems likelythere wouldn't be any Star Trek at all.[/QUOTE]
There's still no Star Trek as far as I'm concerned.

Just came back from seeing it and my one major gripe is....

If you have all of these people frozen with "superblood" would they really leave them frozen and left alone?

[quote name='shrike4242']I think the new question is if Star Wars will survive the double onslaught of JJ Abrams and Disney.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Ok let the spoiler talk BEGIN!!!

It was a pretty good movie.. I give it a 8.5 out of 10.

-Yes it is worth seeing it in a TRUE IMAX Theater.
-The 3D Did NOTHING FOR ME. bah
-IMAX 3D plus shake cam almost got to me when there was that quick zoom in the beginning.
-I liked the guy who played Harrison, but some scenes he over did it.

Now for my gripes.
-The Spock Prime Camo was unnecessary.
-People clapped when Harrison said he was Khan....everyone knew that for months.
-The Enterprise should have left the planet alone. There was no reason to save the primitives.
-Scotty sneaking into a Section 31 shipyard without being detected...huh?
-Ok....how the hell the S31 build a ship that big and that fast without anyone noticing it? Where did this advance tech come from? I don't believe it was from the Narada as that ship was sucked into the black hole thing from the first movie.
-Chekov you suck as a replacement engineer.
-Abrams gave way too many *hint hint, wink winks* foreshadowing Sulu becoming Captain.
-Where the hell is the engineering crew????
-The engineering section looks more like Large Hadron Collider.
-Kirk can kick the core back into alignment?
-I honestly was expecting Khan to yell "KIRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!" instead of Spock yelling Khan after Kirk's death when Khan thought Kirk killed his crew.
-Scotty quitting was so meh.
-During the scene where Kirk talks to Admiral Marcus, you can see on the table several star crafts INCLUDING THE NX-01 and the Phoenix. I am not too surprised as things don't divert from the Prime timeline until Nero destroys the Kelvin.
-Where are the other Federation ships?
-So Starfleet takes away Scotty's "Transwarp beaming" and Harrison/Khan uses it to go from Earth to Kronos? wait what? Now I can believe it if this was Dominion Technology but I don't think Scotty Prime had ...wait never mind the reboot fucks with the transporter range.
-Why not dump Khan and crew to say....to the CETI ALPHA SYSTEM ???
-Why would Admiral Marcus tell Kirk about section 31 and him getting ready for war?
-I do not like the Klingon's new look.... the ridges and hair are their trademark look but here it is like they are all bald :whistle2:\
-Kronos is now a planet with a moon crashed into it? Huh???
-The Klingon's don't patrol their own home system?
-Where is this planet that they just had to land on to open the Advanced Torp?
-Ok so the Enterprise vs Vengeance battle ends up above the Moon then all of a sudden Enterprise gets caught in earth's gravity pull? Damn that's one long range pull from the earth to the moon.
-Vengeance *finally* gets pulled in to and wrecks half of SF and Khan jumps away. No escape pods on the ship?
-It would have been nice to call the ship that spock was reassigned to as the "Roddenberry"
-What's up with the 9/11 dedication? huh??!?!?!?!?
-Movie pacing was a bit too fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have zero emotional investment in Star Trek but I thought the new film was OK after the sloooow first 20-25 minutes. Omly minor nitpick -
Spock yelling KHAAANNN
was the cornieat callback ever. So dumb.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I have zero emotional investment in Star Trek but I thought the new film was OK after the sloooow first 20-25 minutes. Omly minor nitpick -
Spock yelling KHAAANNN
was the cornieat callback ever. So dumb.[/QUOTE]

people actually clapped/cheered for that... eh???:whistle2:s
Yes I know Spock is PISSED OFF..but honestly it would have been an good twist if it was Khan who yelled KIRKKKKKKKKKKK!!! in anger after what he thought was the destruction of Khan's crew.

why no tv series yet

Love the poster I got from the IMAX fan sneak

edit: added more below

why didnt they use the blood from another tube guy for kirk.... The one they thawed anyway?

I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, it was a pretty good movie

I enjoy the way Pine does the Kirk sarcasm. The Kirk and Spock interactions are great.

agree with many of the other points in other spoilers

I was hoping the post battle refit would have been more interesting. All I could notice was squared Off nacells and a wider impulse engine exhaust

And as to no escape pods on the Vengeance, remember in DS9 they didnt want to be taken prisoner. But then again, why have the biggest star ship in Trek history being built in the Sol system if you are secretive.

and what the heck was with the guy with the robot voice and thing in the back of his head. I dont think he was a version of the aliens from that awful TNG episode where they stole the enterprise D since he was so tall

[quote name='Tony Stark']I also enjoyed my IMAX sneak poster[/QUOTE]

Heh, I kept getting 3 or 4 or 5 so I carefully peeled up one. Only to realize I had two as I was walking out the door.

Well a lot of people didnt want one. Each of my twin boys will have one I guess. Cant wait until they are old enough to enjoy ST. Think I was 6 or 7 when the idea of space travel got my attention

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wow,
Section 31 is in this movie?
I still haven't seen it but I like that reference.[/QUOTE]

Its not fleshed out well at all. Wasted potential, IMO. In fact most of the plot holes seem to deal with that subject of the story

[quote name='6er']Its not fleshed out well at all. Wasted potential, IMO. In fact most of the plot holes seem to deal with that subject of the story[/QUOTE]
That's a shame!

About to leave for the theater with a friend of mine. She's a total Trek nerd, she actually has her entire left arm tattooed in a ST sleeve, and will be dressing up for it/has convinced me to join her.

On the no TV series thing, I can totally see CBS fucking that all up. I think it would've been interesting to see JJ Abrams doing a multi-avenue story, widening out the new universe. He could've screwed it up sure, but CBS and Paramount not getting together royally screwed the fans. Now Disney has wrapped him up for the Star Wars set, good on them. I like how Disney at least sees the potential and has their own avenues to explore and develop a story/universe in multiple formats. I mean that's one reason they locked down Whedon for Marvel, he has the familiarity with the source material, has worked in multiple formats and has the nerd cred. Disney's always been an evil empire but they got that way by being able to appropriately exploit their properties. Paramount/CBS has really screwed the pooch with the Star Trek franchise. I believe MGM/SciFi hosed Stargate as well.

I think the unofficial rule we have here is we can take off spoiler tags after opening weekend..so by Monday we can talk about it naked. If you haven't seen it by then, too bad and stay out of this thread! Hey OP , change the title so it says we are talking about the movie!

Anyways as for the TV show.....honestly Riker is too old to have adventures with Troi on the Titan. (should have happened instead of Enterprise).

I don't even know why
Section 31 was mentioned. Even if Khan was that smart, there is no way he could have invented all those weapons and a ship that size. The amount of resources and man power is so high for a ship that big it's hard to keep that a secret.

You fuck with the bull, you get the horn.
LiddyStan_8728.jpg

So I just got back from seeing Into Darkness and have a few comments/questions.

1. Those Klingons...what.the.fuck? They looked like they just walked out of a piercing/tattoo convention.

2. If the enterprise was that close to earth during the space battle with Khan, why didn't they radio for help? The damn ship crashes to earth, and they don't even try to warn anyone? The comm was working, wasn't it?

[quote name='Clak']So I just got back from seeing Into Darkness and have a few comments/questions.

1. Those Klingons...what.the.fuck? They looked like they just walked out of a piercing/tattoo convention.

2. If the enterprise was that close to earth during the space battle with Khan, why didn't they radio for help? The damn ship crashes to earth, and they don't even try to warn anyone? The comm was working, wasn't it?
[/QUOTE]

Good points.

You would think after Nero's attack last time and the Bombings/Attack by Khan , Starfleet would step up security in the Sol System big time huh?

it's strange we have less Vulcan's in this movie than the last one. Heck if we are throwing in Marcus, why not throw in Savek (sp?)

So wait, the enterprise is NOW going on a 5 year mission? huh? Wait what the hell where they doing between the first and second movie?

So the memorial scene takes place one year after the Khan incident and there is no investigation into Section 31 or Marcus' activities? That shipyard is still out there.

That speech by Kirk felt like it was just Abram's way of squeezing in the opening narration from the series.

From reading the spoilers, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy it.

I don't really see why this series needed a reboot, and even then it just feels like a JJ Abrams' fanfic that's been made because he's so popular.

[quote name='davo1224']I don't really see why this series needed a reboot, and even then it just feels like a JJ Abrams' fanfic that's been made because he's so popular.[/QUOTE]
I'm really worried about Star Wars. Everyone can hate on Lucas for his post-trilogy work, but I still have a feeling they will hold up better than what's to come.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Why does the new series need to go back to its roots? Why does it need a Savior? I'm a huge fan of the original series and I think the new series is fine, in fact is just what the series needs. Sadly I think that with the state that sci fi is currently in we need to look for new ways to bring new fans and or we won't have good sci fi anymore.

Sorry if I seem hostile, I just think that reboots need to be their own thing because I've seen the past and I don't need to see it again. In fact I almost hope that we don't see Kahn in any of the movies.[/QUOTE]

Everything I said here was right, unfortunately Hollywood isn't me.

I was so insulted by this movie I almost walked out. I will post my full spoiler tagged write up tomorrow, I'm just too pissed to talk about it right now.

If you have no idea of Star Trek roots - 8/10
If you are a Star Trek fan (even a next gen fan like me that respects the roots) - 4/10

One last thing, I'm usually a fan of J.J. Abrams, but holy crap stay away from Star Wars!!!! OMG!!!!

Love the thread, but checking out for a bit (since I won't be watching Into the Darkness for a while). Until then, enjoy this anti-trekkie quote from History Channel's Star Trek: Secrets of the Universe:

"We couldn't make this movie for fans of Star Trek; we had to make it for fans of movies." -- JJ Abrams

then he turns around and says:

"As a kid, I was more inspired by science-fiction, than actual science."

I have a feeling after his one Star Wars movie, he's done with the Star Trek Universe, hopefully not screwing up both franchises, but I'm afraid the damage will be done.

Guys remember something.

JJ Abrams is NOT A STAR TREK FAN.
He IS a star WARS fan. He admitted he did NOT even UNDERSTAND Trek.

His trek SHOULD be called Star Trek Wars.

That explains everthing. No need to repeat 4 year old rants

For all the blame that Abrams gets, and not completely undeservingly, Lindoff deserves some of that ire too. 5 bucks says he's involved in the next Star Wars movies.:rofl:

[quote name='Tony Stark']JJ Abrams saves the Star Trek franchise...

...everyone finds reasons to complain about him.[/QUOTE]

He did not "save" Star Trek. He made a NEW Star Trek. Two vastly different things.

These might explain the nerd rage if you dont get it.

Why people are mad:
Trek for Dummies
A bitter trekker on STID:
NYP on STID

In short, old Trek was a thinking mans show. It delt with social issues and the human condition. ACTION took a back seat to showing a better world. This new Trek is just the Michael Bay version with some Star Wars thrown in. Its hugely entertaining for a society who is entertained my reality TV shows, watching other people who have have problems rather than fixing their own.

I liked it as a fun ride, but its not REAL Star Trek

To be fair to Abrams, the supposed plans he had could've led to proper Trek coming back via TV and other mediums. The action pack Trek in the movies bring a new audience in, then show real Trek on the small screen. All speculation of course.

[quote name='JP']To be fair to Abrams, the supposed plans he had could've led to proper Trek coming back via TV and other mediums. The action pack Trek in the movies bring a new audience in, then show real Trek on the small screen. All speculation of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....but considering it took 4 years for those plans to be revealed after the fact, I cant help but wonder if that was a CYA moment. Ortz ans kurtzman should know that if those plans had been made public there would have been a fanbase rally for it. And Trek fans get stuff done.

Fans are responsible for keeping it alive for basically everything after TOS season 2, despite Paramount and Viacoms tries to kill or change it until 2009.

Did anyone read that UPN execs told Berman to do stuff feature bands of the week in the NX mess hall.....like One Tree Hill.[friday post that starts "Hi, everyone"

That is supposed to be in the season 3 Ent Blu Ray special features.

So I went to see it again this morning...then during the movie , my brother texted me and wanted to see it with me at his theater near his house an hour away. So I had to leave in the scene where
Spock goes after Khan on the transport ship
:whistle2:\

Anyways noticed a few more things by sitting up close to the screen.
-Starfleet logos on their uniforms......cool. was this in the first movie too?
-A red painted starship on the left side of the starbase when kirk and company where arriving via shuttle.
-Other starfleet ships docked.
-Everyone was telling Kirk it was a bad idea to go to Kronos to get Khan as it *might* start a war...yet he does it anyways.
-Shouldn't this have been a covert operation instead of hauling the Enterprise and her crew into Klingon space? Better yet why not launch that ship from the edge of Federation space without having the Enterprise in Klingon space?
-If you listen to Sulu's loud speaker message when Kirk was boring that ship just before launching it into Klingon space, he mentions the "MUDD" incident. So is that Harry Mudd's ship they take?
-The Enterprise should NOT have survived dropping out of warp like that when it was attacked by the Vengeance. That hull breach where everyone gets sucked out should have ripped the ship apart. The SIF was damaged so warp space should have destroyed that ship.
-The Vengeance is so big that wouldn't it has some way to disrupt the Enterprise from creating a stable warp field, in other words preventing it from going into warp and escaping?
-Still bothers me that in near Moon orbit (Vengeance was closer to the moon), that the Enterprise gets pulled into Earth's gravity so far away.....damn.
-Thrusters should not have been able to save the enterprise from that uncontrolled free fall like that. :bomb:
-What was Admiral Marcus trying to do to that back door/panel/thing when Khan, Kirk, and Scotty were shooting up everyone on the bridge?
-That shipyard where the Vengeance was, well that sort of looked like a borg cube.
-Again no one noticed Scotty's shuttle just flying around without authorization?
-Section 31 sure got those thrusters installed to the Vengeance pretty quick.
-I really wish there was more of a backstory of why Kirk and company saved that planet in the beginning knowing it's a violation of the prime directive.
-Cold Fusion can shut down a volcano?
-What was that thing Kirk stole from the locals that he set up that caused them to stop?
-There is a "Secret" tribunal which causes Kirk to loose his command of the Enterprise and Spock gets reassigned.... umm huh?
-Enterprise has more than one shuttlebay?

[quote name='Tony Stark']I dont think this is a spoiler more like a new effect...

...anyone like the new blue warp trail?[/QUOTE]

It's nice..but I honestly don't like the new in warp effect. Doesn't give you time to admire the beauty of the new ship.

You might want to read the prologue comics to the movie. It answers a few of your questions.

And yes, the mini emblems were in the first movie.

[quote name='dohdough']You might want to read the prologue comics to the movie. It answers a few of your questions.

And yes, the mini emblems were in the first movie.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know there was a new set of comics for this movie? Where can I view them at?

It does seem like I remember some rule about dropping out of war too quickly or something.
Come to think of it, for the Vengeance to catch up like that, it must mean the Enterprise can't move at a very high warp factor. The D could do about warp 9 when Picard was really pushing it. Until Voyager I think that was the theoretical limit. So assuming the Vengeance could do no more than warp 9, that must mean the Enterprise is considerably slower.

Well the Enterprise D could do 9.6 for 12 hours. In the JJ Verse, he kind of re-writes the book on the smallest things. I thought you couldn't walk/run once the transporter beam locks on to you...It's like in previous star trek episodes (any series), once the beam gets a hold of you, you freeze.
Dr. Marcus was able to run away thinking she could outrun it.

All of this because of Spock and Nero! Just by them arriving changes everything even though non of them gave the past future tech!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well the Enterprise D could do 9.6 for 12 hours. In the JJ Verse, he kind of re-writes the book on the smallest things. I thought you couldn't walk/run once the transporter beam locks on to you...It's like in previous star trek episodes (any series), one's the beam gets a hold of you, you freeze.

All of this because of Spock and Nero! Just by them arriving changes everything even though non of them gave the past future tech![/QUOTE]

Well, the Klingons DID have 20 years to study Nero's ship. Not to mention that the past they went to was different as well.;)

[quote name='ITDEFX']So I went to see it again this morning...then during the movie , my brother texted me and wanted to see it with me at his theater near his house an hour away. So I had to leave in the scene where
Spock goes after Khan on the transport ship
:whistle2:\

Anyways noticed a few more things by sitting up close to the screen.
-Starfleet logos on their uniforms......cool. was this in the first movie too?
-A red painted starship on the left side of the starbase when kirk and company where arriving via shuttle.
-Other starfleet ships docked.
-Everyone was telling Kirk it was a bad idea to go to Kronos to get Khan as it *might* start a war...yet he does it anyways.
-Shouldn't this have been a covert operation instead of hauling the Enterprise and her crew into Klingon space? Better yet why not launch that ship from the edge of Federation space without having the Enterprise in Klingon space?
-If you listen to Sulu's loud speaker message when Kirk was boring that ship just before launching it into Klingon space, he mentions the "MUDD" incident. So is that Harry Mudd's ship they take?
-The Enterprise should NOT have survived dropping out of warp like that when it was attacked by the Vengeance. That hull breach where everyone gets sucked out should have ripped the ship apart. The SIF was damaged so warp space should have destroyed that ship.
-The Vengeance is so big that wouldn't it has some way to disrupt the Enterprise from creating a stable warp field, in other words preventing it from going into warp and escaping?
-Still bothers me that in near Moon orbit (Vengeance was closer to the moon), that the Enterprise gets pulled into Earth's gravity so far away.....damn.
-Thrusters should not have been able to save the enterprise from that uncontrolled free fall like that. :bomb:
-What was Admiral Marcus trying to do to that back door/panel/thing when Khan, Kirk, and Scotty were shooting up everyone on the bridge?
-That shipyard where the Vengeance was, well that sort of looked like a borg cube.
-Again no one noticed Scotty's shuttle just flying around without authorization?
-Section 31 sure got those thrusters installed to the Vengeance pretty quick.
-I really wish there was more of a backstory of why Kirk and company saved that planet in the beginning knowing it's a violation of the prime directive.
-Cold Fusion can shut down a volcano?
-What was that thing Kirk stole from the locals that he set up that caused them to stop?
-There is a "Secret" tribunal which causes Kirk to loose his command of the Enterprise and Spock gets reassigned.... umm huh?
-Enterprise has more than one shuttlebay?
[/QUOTE]
Making it up and playing fast and loose with "technobabble" is nothing new to Star Trek. Anyone remember Borg nanites? Star Trek has always relied too heavily on bending/breaking their$own rules.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well the Enterprise D could do 9.6 for 12 hours. In the JJ Verse, he kind of re-writes the book on the smallest things. I thought you couldn't walk/run once the transporter beam locks on to you...It's like in previous star trek episodes (any series), once the beam gets a hold of you, you freeze.

All of this because of Spock and Nero! Just by them arriving changes everything even though non of them gave the past future tech![/QUOTE]

Well, there was one bit of technology they mention in Into Darkness
Scotty mentions they took his transwarp transporter equation (which future Spock actually gave him) which Starfleet seizes and Kahn later uses to get all the way to Kronos

[quote name='6er']He did not "save" Star Trek. He made a NEW Star Trek. Two vastly different things.

These might explain the nerd rage if you dont get it.

Why people are mad:
Trek for Dummies
A bitter trekker on STID:
NYP on STID

In short, old Trek was a thinking mans show. It delt with social issues and the human condition. ACTION took a back seat to showing a better world. This new Trek is just the Michael Bay version with some Star Wars thrown in. Its hugely entertaining for a society who is entertained my reality TV shows, watching other people who have have problems rather than fixing their own.

I liked it as a fun ride, but its not REAL Star Trek[/QUOTE]

I have to say, I've enjoyed these Star Treks, I think the hardcore people are over thinking what Star Trek is/was. In the end, it's just entertainment. To say he didn't save Star Trek is silly, he definitely at least put it back on peoples' minds again.

Son of a bitch....so there was a refit...geez thanks for mentioning it on screen :bomb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmEk5YwQ_y8&feature=player_embedded

I honestly would not have mind if the Enterprise was destroyed in this one. They could have removed the "remake" scene with Kirk in the warp core scene. I agree with what a lot of people said online, you can't REMAKE that particular scene because we have no established history with the characters to really connect with them and give us emotion.

Saw ST:ID in standard 3D today, visually impressive and sound was excellent. Besides a few small creases in the plot, the one thing I had trouble believing was
the relative distance that the Enterprise was captured by Earth's gravitational pull at the end of the film -- it seemed to be tens of thousands of miles away, well beyond any danger of dropping out of orbit. I'm sure the technical consultants have this right and it's just me being too critical.

Otherwise, I recommend seeing this one in theaters for the 3D if you can afford it, I was thoroughly entertained.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Saw ST:ID in standard 3D today, visually impressive and sound was excellent. Besides a few small creases in the plot, the one thing I had trouble believing was
the relative distance that the Enterprise was captured by Earth's gravitational pull at the end of the film -- it seemed to be tens of thousands of miles away, well beyond any danger of dropping out of orbit. I'm sure the technical consultants have this right and it's just me being too critical.

Otherwise, I recommend seeing this one in theaters for the 3D if you can afford it, I was thoroughly entertained.[/QUOTE]

Haha, isn't that what I said earlier? btw it's monday so no more spoiler tags. You are truly losing a lot of detail when seeing a movie in 3d as it is darker and not as sharp as seeing it in 2d. When I saw it in 2d yesterday I could see more without the cheap thrills of 3d.

Unfortunately if you ever want to see it on a big screen, like an imax at AMC they force the 3d on you :(

Hey...where is the crew quarters?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Haha, isn't that what I said earlier? btw it's monday so no more spoiler tags. You are truly losing a lot of detail when seeing a movie in 3d as it is darker and not as sharp as seeing it in 2d. When I saw it in 2d yesterday I could see more without the cheap thrills of 3d.

Unfortunately if you ever want to see it on a big screen, like an imax at AMC they force the 3d on you :(

Hey...where is the crew quarters?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about losing detail, of course I haven't seen it in 2D yet but I certainly didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. I'll compare when it comes to :br:.

And yeah, it wasn't until after I posted that I saw your same comments about the orbit distance at the end.

bread's done
Back