The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like FatShark is giving away 200 copies of Krater on Steamgifts. One giveaway for all, the other for contributors of $30 or more.

Starts in about an hour.

Hopefully it is at least a sign of a 75% off sale coming soon :)

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']It looks pretty cool, and getting great review scores, but I played FC2 on PS3 and hated it so much that I'll be extra super cautious about 3. Going to wait for a large discount so if I hate it at least it'll be cheap.[/QUOTE]

Everyone hated Far Cry 2. In reality you normally would judge a sequel based on its predecessor but in this case you can't. FC3 either fix'ed everything in FC2 people hated or simply got rid of it. Watch some gameplay videos (there are a lot of long ones out there) and you can see it is a totally different beast. Gamespot has a 90 minute video of where they were taking q&a from a live stream while playing and showing off the stuff that was being asked/explained. It sold me on the game. Totalbiscuit (who I normally don't care for) even has an excellent video on the game that is around 45 minutes long.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Everyone hated Far Cry 2. In reality you normally would judge a sequel based on its predecessor but in this case you can't. FC3 either fix'ed everything in FC2 people hated or simply got rid of it. Watch some gameplay videos (there are a lot of long ones out there) and you can see it is a totally different beast. Gamespot has a 90 minute video of where they were taking q&a from a live stream while playing and showing off the stuff that was being asked/explained. It sold me on the game. Totalbiscuit (who I normally don't care for) even has an excellent video on the game that is around 45 minutes long.[/QUOTE]

I loved Far Cry 2; it is one of my favorite FPS. I've been eagerly awaiting Far Cry 3 since its reveal and am glad that people aren't letting their irrational hate of Far Cry 2 get in the way of trying it.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Far Cry 3

Used a vpn and played for about 2 hours so far. Pretty freaking cool I have to say. It is quite beautiful and fun. So much stuff to do. Take over an outpost and you get a bunch of side quests plus all the exploring. I dig the wildlife stuff a lot. I was circling around a outpost to figure out how to take them out stealthy and next thing I know I hear a growl and turn around and see a tiger coming towards me. I run because I don't want to alert the outpost, so I run to it and the pirates in it had their backs to me at that moment and the tiger peeled off of me and went after them and killed them all and I killed the tiger[/QUOTE]

You have exposed yet another strategy for outwitting a cunning, ferocious animal. When being chased by said animal always run towards a crowd! Video games can be educational.

I am in the camp of FC 1 > FC2 but I didn't HATE FC2 enough to make me skip FC3. It looks pretty awesome.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']LOL. I paid 4$ just recently for Darksiders 1.
Anybody have any idea if there will be bonuses? I already own all these games.[/QUOTE]

I expect so, but probably not Darksiders 2 or anything like that. Nexuiz seems extremely likely to me.

[quote name='louiedog']Humble THQ Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/[/QUOTE]

That is awful. Just a warning to anyone buying this, they only give a separate key for Saint's Row The Third.

Why the hell they gave individual keys last bundle and only give one key for six games this bundle is beyond me.

[quote name='louiedog']Humble THQ Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/[/QUOTE]

I am truly cheap. Bought this as a Christmas gift for a friend who doesn't follow deals or bundles at all :D

I beat the average and I put all the money toward THQ. I normally let the money be split as default but I don't want to lose THQ!

I was trying to be fast in case SR3 drove the price up faster than usual, but I guess I should include the games in the bundle.

Games:
Darksiders*
Metro 2033*
Red Faction Armageddon*
Company of Heroes*
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts*
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor

Beat the Average to unlock:
Saints Row the Third*

*Soundtrack included

Oh man, I'm quite excited about this bundle - I had been waiting for Saints Row The Third to reach $5, and now it's the Beat the Average bonus. Between that and Darksiders, this is definitely worth the donation.

To think, I just recently grabbed Metro 2033 for $2.99 off GMG. Well, part of being a CAG is knowing when a better deal surfaces for the very same game.

To be the average or not...I already own SR3. But.....damnit THQ, you are one of the best publishers left. Why do UBI/EA/Activision have to persist and THQ goes down! THQ and 2K and Squeenix are so great. These guys are reasons why PC gaming is so great, very reasonable. Versus Activision, lets price our games at 60$ and keep them that way for 5 years.
Does it include any DLC? I'd beat the average if it included all DLC. hehe.
That average is coming down. 5.30$ now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']That is awful. Just a warning to anyone buying this, they only give a separate key for Saint's Row The Third.

Why the hell they gave individual keys last bundle and only give one key for six games this bundle is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

You can get a bunch of non-indie games for as little as a dollar and you are really going to complain about not getting separate keys for them all?

Anyway most of their past Bundles have been like this.

If you aren't that interested or already have some/most of the games just pay a dollar and call it good knowing that is still the cheapest you will ever get any single one of those games.

You don't need to be able to pay a dollar and then turn around and hustle trade off 4 of the keys on top of it.

Being cheap is all fine and good but there is something to be said for being reasonable too.

Well, I already own Metro 2033 and SR3, but I decided to BTA anyway. Probably gift SR3 to a friend to get him to see the light (PC gaming = the light). Being my first HB, when will they announce any bonuses (if there are any)?

[quote name='Blade']That is awful. Just a warning to anyone buying this, they only give a separate key for Saint's Row The Third.

Why the hell they gave individual keys last bundle and only give one key for six games this bundle is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

The last bundle you are referring to was the Android bundle. Every MAIN humble has always had one key for the main games, another key for any BTA.

Kinda sad to see THQ having to do this though. Hopefully they don't go under.

I do have a steam related question though. Since Endless Space is having a free weekend, when I click the click here button to download it. Nothing happens, the page just refreshes. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me.

Could not resist. Bought a BTA bundle even though all I need is Tales of Valor. I'm just going to give away the SR3 key.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']The hate is entirely rational.[/QUOTE]

The most frequent argument I hear is re-spawning check-points. Heaven forbid you have to shoot a lot in a first person shooter...

No, I don't think there are any DLC included, just the base game.

I thought this bundle was a joke that had just been passed around CAG over the last few weeks. I had no idea it would become real. This is a crazy deal. I hope it breaks a new record for Humble.

EDIT: I have most of these games already too, but for the first time in HIB history, I bought two BTA bundles.

[quote name='Tigershard']The most frequent argument I hear is re-spawning check-points. Heaven forbid you have to shoot a lot in a first person shooter...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but those check points are all over the damn place and they respawn like 30 seconds after you leave them.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Indie devs aren't very fond of the new Humble Bundle:

https://twitter.com/larsiusprime/status/274217360125218816
https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/274217549959405568
https://twitter.com/terrycavanagh/status/274217792855736320[/QUOTE]

This just seems a bit snobbish. Humble has done e-book and music bundles before; did the indie devs complain about that? I like indie bundles, but in the unlikely event that this helps THQ remain solvent, I'm 100% behind that.

[quote name='inm8num2']Beginning of the end of indie bundles?[/QUOTE]

Very unlikely.

RE: Far Cry 2

Chalk me up as another who didn't like it. I knew I should have liked it. I know I wanted to like it. For some reason I just didn't. I gave it multiple attempts over periods of time and just couldn't settle into it. I don't know if it was the locale, the traveling or what. I wouldn't call it bad by any means. It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth, if anything it was like water and left no taste at all. Though Far Cry 3's gameplay does have me intrigued enough to keep an eye out for it possibly this time next year.

[quote name='warreni']This just seems a bit snobbish. Humble has done e-book and music bundles before; did the indie devs complain about that? I like indie bundles, but in the unlikely event that this helps THQ remain solvent, I'm 100% behind that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And for the record, I've never supported HiB or any other bundle for charity or to support a cause, I do it for cheap games and nothing else...lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Agreed. And for the record, I've never supported HiB or any other bundle for charity or to support a cause, I do it for cheap games and nothing else...lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like to pretend that I'm high-minded about it sometimes, but I'm the same way. And you can look at it like this: if THQ is around long enough to release Saints Row 4, that will eventually be on sale at Amazon or Steam sub-$10. :D

[quote name='Palinn']You have exposed yet another strategy for outwitting a cunning, ferocious animal. When being chased by said animal always run towards a crowd! Video games can be educational.[/QUOTE]
FC2 taught me that 70% of any randomly given anonymous central African nation is made up of white dudes.

That is completely insufferable.

The faster Humble stops being put on this weird cultish pedestal the better.

Stop acting like Jason Rubin shot your dog, which would have been wearing that indie bulletproof vest from Humble, but it was Windows-only and your dog was running Ubuntu.

Have the complete SR3 but no other games, so bought myself a $1 bundle and am extremely happy. Felt kind of bad about the now obvious demise of THQ, so I bought a BTA for 5.25 and will give that to my Dad, who is notoriously hard to shop for.

[quote name='Mooby']So this begs the question: what SR3 DLC is worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

I think the Shark Attack pack is definitely worth a look.

They're not doing themselves any favors tweeting like that. Best to leave the dislike over Humble promoting a 'big publisher' bundle to new sites. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/humble-thq-bundle-threatens-to-ruin-the-brands-reputation/

Bascially, Humble Bundle stepped up to help THQ, since they're on the brink of bankruptcy. It's understandable why they would chose to do it, they're helping a good cause (still), and using their good name (Humble) and goodwill to encourage people to help bail THQ out. This doesn't change my view of Humble Bundle, and I doubt it will most people.

It's to prevent splitting them up and selling them individually. You know a bunch of people are going to be doing this. We're going to see these games much more on the trade front now, which is annoying.

[quote name='Mooby']So this begs the question: what SR3 DLC is worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

You don't need any of it. Only the season pass adds content. Everything else is the cosmetic clothes/cars/guns they appear to be (yes, I own a good bit of it). The Shark Gun pretty popular though.

The Season Pass is good on sale, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near retail for it. Everything else is skippable, though it's your discretion as to what guns/vehicles you may be interested in. A lot of people I know really loved the Shark Gun, for instance.

The story DLCs don't seem to have many fans around here, I haven't gotten to them personally. The costume packs seem unnecessary considering the customization you can already do and the price of them.

The shark cannon one gets my vote.

I did Genki Bowl just 'cause it was there. I never finished the clone or movie DLC stories; they just weren't any more interesting than randomly driving around and shooting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back