The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed yesterday that I had a few TF2 items on my inventory that were tradeable/sellable. I must have gotten then by playing TF2 it a bit for the cards. Sold them on the market in a few minutes for about a dollar each. My Steam Wallet is really grateful for these Trading Cards... I wish I cared enough about MP games to play TF2 more just to get new items to sell.

Item acquisition in TF2 is incredibly slow. At least for anything worthwhile. You can also get your weekly drops without actually playing. It's pretty debatable if it's worth it at this point. It takes like a month to make $3 unless you're trading heavily and know the market exceptionally well. Most TF2 items can't be just sold on the market so it means you end up having to actually trade with someone to get something of value.

Since you could sell them on the market, they were probably from other things - like preorders and such.

TLDR: Don't feel bad, it's not worth it.

[quote name='Izod517']Item acquisition in TF2 is incredibly slow. At least for anything worthwhile. You can also get your weekly drops without actually playing. It's pretty debatable if it's worth it at this point. It takes like a month to make $3 unless you're trading heavily and know the market exceptionally well. Most TF2 items can't be just sold on the market so it means you end up having to actually trade with someone to get something of value.

Since you could sell them on the market, they were probably from other things - like preorders and such.

TLDR: Don't feel bad, it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Tks, I didn't preorder anything that would include TF2 items, that I know of at least. One of the items was for Faerie Solitaire, which I've owned for a long time. They were level 1 items, so maybe it was for playing it for the cards. Maybe I should leave it idling for some time to see if anything drops again.

Do a Google on it, and use the tf2-wiki (no outside programs), if you're interested. You have to be in a match but certain launch options can take care of that for you. The majority of items you can't sell on the market directly, which makes the whole thing kind of a pain.

Right click TF2 and click "Properties." Now click "Set launch options..." Paste this into the empty grey box:
-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"
Then hit "ok". Now launch TF2 and leave for 10-13 hours. =)

I've been using tf2wh.com to trade my unmarketable items. It's basically a bot that allows you to trade your unmarketable items for credits then use those credits to get things you can sell in the marketplace. So far I've acquired a few vintage items that would get me about 15 cents on the marketplace. lol not an efficient way to add to my Steam wallet.

[quote name='facls']I noticed yesterday that I had a few TF2 items on my inventory that were tradeable/sellable. I must have gotten then by playing TF2 it a bit for the cards. Sold them on the market in a few minutes for about a dollar each. My Steam Wallet is really grateful for these Trading Cards... I wish I cared enough about MP games to play TF2 more just to get new items to sell.[/QUOTE]
I had a similar experience, I had maybe 3 preorder items but when I became a TF2 premium member by purchasing one weapon they gave be a whole bunch of free items for some reason. I was able to sell them for .30-$2 each and made like $10-15.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Right click TF2 and click "Properties." Now click "Set launch options..." Paste this into the empty grey box:
-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"
Then hit "ok". Now launch TF2 and leave for 10-13 hours. =)[/QUOTE]

So when I do this it doesn't open the game itself, just a window looks like dos running some code or something.

Did I do it right?

So you can just get random free items from TF2 the same as how you get cards just by letting it run? I didn't know that, cool. Running that dos window looking thing now.

[quote name='Severose']That's not a dos window of Team Fortress 2 that you're running. It's the game's evil counterpart: TF2 (Trojan File 2).[/QUOTE]

It can be a backdoor action trojan for all I care, long as it gives me hats...

Not sure if this is working, after a while it said "not logging into registered account" and now isn't saying anything new. Is it supposed to keep saying new things? I guess I should just google this and find out for myself.

I restarted it and it stopped on saying I'm connected, i guess its working now.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It can be a backdoor trojan action for all I care, long as it gives me hats...[/QUOTE]

Oh, it'll give you hats.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']On another note: While people are up in arms about the PS4/Xboner pre-owned tax......isn't that what Steam has been doing for quite awhile? We can't sell our games once they are locked to our accounts.
:note: some exaggeration has been included.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but we're paying a fraction of what console gamers are paying in exchange for not being able to trade/sell/give our used games. Less than 3 months after its release, Tomb Raider has been available for as low as $13.77 from GMG; $20 from other places other times. When you're buying games for $5-$10, the inability to unload them is the tradeoff for the low price.

What's really crappy about the likely blocking/taxing/licensing/price-fixing of used games is that it ends the console gaming tradition that's existed for 35 YEARS, that you could just pop a cartridge or disc into any console and play it. The days of game parties with friends or dorm/room/house mates buying one game each instead of duplicates of the same title are over.

The analogies apologists use like comparing it to Steam or iTunes are incorrect because you can buy a physical CD instead of a digital download in the case of music and there is more PC games digitally distributed than physically in store at better prices, my aforementioned tradeoff. While you could purchase downloadable games via XBLM or PSN, you knew you were forfeiting the ability to sell. Now that disc will be little more than a means to get the game installed faster than a download would take and not eat up your bandwidth cap.

The reason I don't mind non-resellable games on PC is the prices are so low. You can routinely preorder games for almost half price. If you wait a couple of months you can probably get 66% off, maybe even 75%. It's great. I would never invest in digital distribution games on console cause the prices are the same as physical retail discs but they're more restricted. I have really enjoyed it for PC though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']
The analogies apologists use like comparing it to Steam or iTunes are incorrect because you can buy a physical CD instead of a digital download in the case of music and there is more PC games digitally distributed than physically in store at better prices, my aforementioned tradeoff. While you could purchase downloadable games via XBLM or PSN, you knew you were forfeiting the ability to sell. Now that disc will be little more than a means to get the game installed faster than a download would take and not eat up your bandwidth cap.[/QUOTE]

Just because often there are sales on PC games doesn't mean that PC games are inherently less valuable. It's actually cheaper to find Call of Duty games on consoles than it is on PC.

You're arguing that it's different on PC because things are cheaper, but that's not a real argument. Just because a game is cheaper doesn't mean you somehow forfeit rights or have different rights than console gamers.

The games often being cheaper may make the situation seem more tolerable to the consumer, but if we're trying to have a discussion about the rights of a consumer to transfer ownership of a purchased product, which I suspect we are, then the price the game is bought at is literally completely irrelevant.

You're making a string of loosely connected claims and calling it an airtight argument.

You can technically resell your games on GMG (trading them in towards new purchases), but only those of which that use their DRM (Capsule), which is always online DRM, since Capsule checks your account to see if you've traded that game in or not. If you have, you can't play it anymore.

Steam could do that, sure, but we'd have to put up with always online DRM if that were to happen. I'd hate to see that.

[quote name='Eldredpe']You're making a string of loosely connected claims and calling it an airtight argument.[/QUOTE]
He's good at that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You can technically resell your games on GMG (trading them in towards new purchases), but only those of which that use their DRM (Capsule), which is always online DRM, since Capsule checks your account to see if you've traded that game in or not. If you have, you can't play it anymore.

Steam could do that, sure, but we'd have to put up with always online DRM if that were to happen. I'd hate to see that.
[/QUOTE]

I thought that Capsule did a check every 24 hours, similar to what's being proposed with the Xbox One.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It can be a backdoor action trojan for all I care[/QUOTE]

Between this and Furry Donut, I'd take the Furry Donut quote if I were you Fox.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I thought that Capsule did a check every 24 hours, similar to what's being proposed with the Xbox One.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I think it's every 3 days.[/QUOTE]
No kidding, when I looked it up the check was performed every THIRTY days, so once a month. Really strange.

Regardless, it's still always online DRM. Don't ask me why.

(I read all this info coming straight from a GMG employee. I don't know if it's changed recently.)

[quote name='Eldredpe']Just because often there are sales on PC games doesn't mean that PC games are inherently less valuable. It's actually cheaper to find Call of Duty games on consoles than it is on PC.

You're arguing that it's different on PC because things are cheaper, but that's not a real argument. Just because a game is cheaper doesn't mean you somehow forfeit rights or have different rights than console gamers.

The games often being cheaper may make the situation seem more tolerable to the consumer, but if we're trying to have a discussion about the rights of a consumer to transfer ownership of a purchased product, which I suspect we are, then the price the game is bought at is literally completely irrelevant.

You're making a string of loosely connected claims and calling it an airtight argument.[/QUOTE]

If the online xbox one store isn't as competitive as the PC market is, console gaming is fucked.

Now if they are competitive, that changes the story. For example, my friends are console peasants that buy games for $60 and sell them for $30 to GS, BBY etc. That means they paid $30 to rent a game. Now if the same game is $30 on release, they paid $30 to continuously own a game.

This might not be put into practice but if it were, my friends would buy more games. If M$ and $ony forced for devs to charge less since they can't lose money with sharing or selling games used (pc has had this for years), everyone would feel the love.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']If the online xbox one store isn't as competitive as the PC market is, console gaming is fucked.

Now if they are competitive, that changes the story. For example, my friends are console peasants that buy games for $60 and sell them for $30 to GS, BBY etc. That means they paid $30 to rent a game. Now if the same game is $30 on release, they paid $30 to continuously own a game.

This might not be put into practice but if it were, my friends would buy more games. If M$ and $ony forced for devs to charge less since they can't lose money with sharing or selling games used (pc has had this for years), everyone would feel the love.[/QUOTE]
Eh... consoles can always charge more than PC. People are still gonna eat it up, because humanity as a whole is stupid.

[quote name='kiwimonster']It is a great game I love it! I bought it from there humble store instead for $5 about a year ago so they got pure profit. http://www.ftlgame.com/[/QUOTE]

Well, Humble takes a cut because they have costs, but I believe it's 5% vs the 30% that seems to be standard with other distribution platforms.

[quote name='jshackles']Speaking of cards, anyone else frustrated that you have to switch back and forth between your inventory and the marketplace to see what cards you need to complete your set?

Me too. So the next version of Enhanced Steam fixes that :)[/QUOTE]

This response is pages late, but I like what you're doing there. Only one problem, at least for me. The market NEVER works right for me outside the Steam client itself. I cannot get it to sell or buy anything in Chrome.
Super frustrating.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Thanks, I was pretty surprised too.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy for you. You never wear a shirt when we skype. I assume because you are poor. Now you will have a shirt to wear.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm happy for you. You never wear a shirt when we skype. I assume because you are poor. Now you will have a shirt to wear.[/QUOTE]
That's because you always pay on time. How else would I have money in my PayPal account to buy so many games?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm happy for you. You never wear a shirt when we skype. I assume because you are poor. Now you will have a shirt to wear.[/QUOTE]

yes... eeerrr... cof cof... it's because it's poor... yes

[quote name='Idiotekque']That's because you always pay on time. How else would I have money in my PayPal account to buy so many games?[/QUOTE]

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

On a completely unrelated note, I have found the Slenderman most suited for CheapLikeAFox.

And it looks completely terrifying.

[quote name='toldawg128']Does Bundle in a Box ever lower it's minimum price, or is it going to stay $1.99 for the duration?[/QUOTE]

Last time they had a .99 cent happy hour.

Okay. I gotta say this.

I tried really hard to like Proteus. It seems like my kinda thing. Indie, cuteish. But no. You wander around an island. You interact with nothing. There's nice music. You see some stuff. There's some chirping things, buzzing things, hopping things, pecking things. There's no story. You progress through seasons. The environment changes with each season.

The end.

The fucking end.

Every time you play the island, you get a new island. However, the "secrets" of the game are abundant on each island. Whatever novelty was there during your first playthrough is lost by the second. And really, there's so little to see that that a second playthrough isn't warranted.

I played through the "game." Visited the island again hoping for some amazement to spark. Nada.

So yeah, play if you must. But brace yourself for disappointment.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Okay. I gotta say this.

I tried really hard to like Proteus. It seems like my kinda thing. Indie, cuteish. But no. You wander around an island. You interact with nothing. There's nice music. You see some stuff. There's some chirping things, buzzing things, hopping things, pecking things. There's no story. You progress through seasons. The environment changes with each season.

The end.

The fucking end.

Every time you play the island, you get a new island. However, the "secrets" of the game are abundant on each island. Whatever novelty was there during your first playthrough is lost by the second. And really, there's so little to see that that a second playthrough isn't warranted.

I played through the "game." Visited the island again hoping for some amazement to spark. Nada.

So yeah, play if you must. But brace yourself for disappointment.[/QUOTE]

It was 2deep4u.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']So I have all the main games in the groupees Sherlock bundle, but I want the two non-Sherlock bonus games. Anyone want to help me out with this?[/QUOTE]

You have the hidden object one and the dracula one? Those were the two I was missing.

Sarcasm. I use 2deep4u as a pejorative for these arthouse 'games' that aren't really games. The latest HIB could be called the Humble 2deep4u Bundle with stuff like Proteus, Dear Esther, Little Inferno, and Thomas Was Alone. Only thing missing would be Dinner Date instead of Awesomenauts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JU6dXf39JY

[quote name='Mooby']Sarcasm. I use 2deep4u as a pejorative for these arthouse 'games' that aren't really games. The latest HIB could be called the Humble 2deep4u Bundle with stuff like Proteus, Dear Esther, Little Inferno, and Thomas Was Alone. Only thing missing would be Dinner Date instead of Awesomenauts:
[/QUOTE]

Little Inferno and Thomas Was Alone are absolutely games.

Just because you find them aesthetically pretentious doesn't make them less mechanically sound as what we generally consider a traditional videogame.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']So I have all the main games in the groupees Sherlock bundle, but I want the two non-Sherlock bonus games. Anyone want to help me out with this?[/QUOTE]
$1.50 and they're yours. :cool:

Unless someone convinces me that I need to play it now, I'll still wait for the FTL Indie Bundle. Otherwise I'll be happy to pay full price when I can get to it.

Damn, and we haven't even gotten to the Steam summer sale yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back