The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need to go through the Saints DLC and see what I'm missing. I've got the story stuff from the Season Pass but some of the little DLC looks interesting.

I really need to go through the Saints DLC and see what I'm missing. I've got the story stuff from the Season Pass but some of the little DLC looks interesting.
I have the Season Pass along with some other individual DLC (Shark Attack, Money Shot, plus 2 or three more). IMO, the Season Pass is all you really "need". The other stuff I either don't utilize or wasn't remarkable enough to affect my gameplay. I thought I'd like some of the extra bits the way some people described them, which is why I bought the individuals, but they just didn't add anything to the game for me. But that's just my opinion...

Has no one posted this yet? Incoming game list to be added to the trading card beta:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamTradingCards/comments/1fgfm8/titles_with_incoming_trading_cards/
Hey, I can finance my $1 bundle with Thomas Was Alone in it!

Agreed with everyone else about cards only being good to sell now. Of course, if everyone thinks that, who are we going to sell cards to? Once the price on them crashes because supply far outstrips demand, they won't even be worth collecting/trading.

I received a Medic background when I got my TF2 badge. That's my preferred class so I'm already done caring about backgrounds and I never use the Steam discussions, etc to want to add an Orange Portal to my postings.

Playing L4D2 for card drops today made me realize why I stopped playing: the community is so much worse than other games, like MW3 and CS, that it's just not fun anymore. You all have to work together to reach a goal/explore because your enemies respawn countless times over, and every match is either filled with kids who don't know what's going on or players who think they're amazing, talk shit, then try to kick you or kill the server and ruin your match. And you get people who grief the game by killing themselves or trying to kill you (there's no way to turn off friendly fire) and crippling the team. The only way to have fun now is to either play with a bunch of people you know, or to play with friends against bots. Otherwise, idle the shit out of the game for cards.
I found it to be like that pretty much in week 1. My best experience with the L4D series is with the first game. The first few months of release everyone was having a good time and laughing. Then people started to get all serious and act like assholes.
Hm. I don't really play well with others, so I've only played L4D1 with bots and the campaign doesn't really do much to suck you in. You play a level, see a completion screen and get kicked to the main menu, from which you then select the next level. Story seems to be virtually nonexistent. I know that these games aren't supposed to be primarily single-player but I found the brief time I spent with L4D1 to be rather dull. Maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance.

Steam market is back up.

Triple Town trading cards are selling nicely. You get 6 drops, and prices are anywhere between 70p and £1 (multiply those figures by 1.5 for dollars you lazy sods). The cards alone will provide enough profit to pay for the game if you get it for $4.99 from Amazon.

Steam market is back up.

Triple Town trading cards are selling nicely. You get 6 drops, and prices are anywhere between 70p and £1 (multiply those figures by 1.5 for dollars you lazy sods). The cards alone will provide enough profit to pay for the game if you get it for $4.99 from Amazon.
Yeah, I bought Triple Town last night after I saw what the cards were selling for on the market. I managed to sell all my cards for $6.30, which obviously netted me a profit on the deal. Pretty frickin' sweet. I'm loving this new trading card feature. I've got $35 in my steam wallet now, and now I'm getting games for free.

The only problem is that there is a 200 sales limit before they ask you for your Social Security number for Tax Purposes. They start to warn you about it once you hit 150 sales. Which I have now done. So I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna be able to take part in all this. I'm not all that excited about giving Steam my SS #.

I have the Season Pass along with some other individual DLC (Shark Attack, Money Shot, plus 2 or three more). IMO, the Season Pass is all you really "need". The other stuff I either don't utilize or wasn't remarkable enough to affect my gameplay. I thought I'd like some of the extra bits the way some people described them, which is why I bought the individuals, but they just didn't add anything to the game for me. But that's just my opinion...
The Season Pass is really all you need, for certain.

Steam market is back up.

Yeah, I bought Triple Town last night after I saw what the cards were selling for on the market. I managed to sell all my cards for $6.30, which obviously netted me a profit on the deal. Pretty frickin' sweet. I'm loving this new trading card feature. I've got $35 in my steam wallet now, and now I'm getting games for free.

The only problem is that there is a 200 sales limit before they ask you for your Social Security number for Tax Purposes. They start to warn you about it once you hit 150 sales. Which I have now done. So I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna be able to take part in all this. I'm not all that excited about giving Steam my SS #.
That number seems curiously arbitrary. I've worked as an independent contractor before which requires an I-9 and I've also attempted to (no takers, which I'm assuming is a comment on the quality of my work) sell a riffed short on the Rifftrax.com site. Before you can sell riffs, you have to send the site folks tax forms. I don't know how Steam came up with that 200 number, but theoretically any income of any kind is (as I understand it--I'm not an accountant by any means) reportable to the IRS.

Steam market is back up.

That number seems curiously arbitrary. I've worked as an independent contractor before which requires an I-9 and I've also attempted to (no takers, which I'm assuming is a comment on the quality of my work) sell a riffed short on the Rifftrax.com site. Before you can sell riffs, you have to send the site folks tax forms. I don't know how Steam came up with that 200 number, but theoretically any income of any kind is (as I understand it--I'm not an accountant by any means) reportable to the IRS.

It's a new regulation (last two years) requiring online businesses to give you a 1099 if you have more than 200 transactions and/or net amount of sales so it is not an arbitrary steam number. Amazon and Paypal have forced me to give them my SS for the same reason. Amazon because I sell alot, Paypal because I hosted so many IGs last year.

Edit:

Due to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, U.S. third-party settlement organizations and payment processors, including Amazon, are required to file Form 1099-K for U.S. taxpayer sellers who meet the following thresholds in a calendar year:

• More than $20,000 in unadjusted gross sales, and
  • More than 200 transactions.

Basically, these businesses are all playing it safe by demanding you provide a SS# if you meet either one of these thresholds, even though technically you will only get a 1099 if you meet both. I've never received a 1099 for either and I wish they only asked for it if you met both.

Steam market is back up.

It's a new regulation (last two years) requiring online businesses to give you a 1099 if you have more than 200 transactions and/or net amount of sales so it is not an arbitrary steam number. Amazon and Paypal have forced me to give them my SS for the same reason. Amazon because I sell alot, Paypal because I hosted so many IGs last year.
Ah, that explains it (and I meant 1099--I think an I-9 is what you file with an employer if you're not a citizen of the U.S.!). Thanks for enlightening us.

Maybe I trust Chinese hackers more than I trust GabeN
True.

Chinese hackers don't swing every night in the champagne room of a seemingly condemned Krispy Kreme.

I dunno though, maybe they do, but that would leave less time to put a diaper on Kim Jong-Un and fondle him.

Has no one posted this yet? Incoming game list to be added to the trading card beta:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamTradingCards/comments/1fgfm8/titles_with_incoming_trading_cards/
It was posted yesterday.

38517503.jpg

Today's DOTD is RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum for $7.49 and honestly it looks amazing. For some reason I now have an urge to build my own theme park! Do games like these usually get an even greater discount during the summer sale?

Today's DOTD is RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum for $7.49 and honestly it looks amazing. For some reason I now have an urge to build my own theme park! Do games like these usually get an even greater discount during the summer sale?
I think that this might be the cheapest that this game has ever been on steam. I got it for this price through some third party site about 6 weeks ago. I jumped on it at that price because a decent discount is pretty rare on RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. I suppose It's possible that the price would be matched during the summer sale. But without an MSRP drop, it won't get any lower. At least, not through steam.

It should be noted that this game is published by Atari and they're going through severe financial problems. They're apparently gonna have to sell off some of their assets in July. So it's at least possible that the game might be removed from steam after the fire sale. So that's something else to consider.

EDIT: Game is only $3.50 in the Ukraine. So people might wanna check with Jake Nome to see if he's selling it.

Bought the IR for A Valley Without Wind. The description reminds me of an Actraiser type game.

Those other games are a bonus.

Oh this new CAG theme is sexy.

I could be destroying my backlog with all the time off I have after destroying my knee last week. Too bad my pc is upstairs, which is a chore to get to now, and it's a pretty uncomfortable seating arrangement at present.

Also, RCT is the only PC game I have gotten my wife to play.

I think that this might be the cheapest that this game has ever been on steam. I got it for this price through some third party site about 6 weeks ago. I jumped on it at that price because a decent discount is pretty rare on RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. I suppose It's possible that the price would be matched during the summer sale. But without an MSRP drop, it won't get any lower. At least, not through steam.

It should be noted that this game is published by Atari and they're going through severe financial problems. They're apparently gonna have to sell off some of their assets in July. So it's at least possible that the game might be removed from steam after the fire sale. So that's something else to consider.

EDIT: Game is only $3.50 in the Ukraine. So people might wanna check with Jake Nome to see if he's selling it.
JakeNome is taking a break from selling for a few weeks :(

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but did they ever fix all the slowness bugs Civ 5 had?  Especially once you got really late in the game?

Hope I didn't make a dumb decision. I bought Triple Town to sell the cards and hopefully break even if not profit. It's a great game but I own it for iOS already.

I would feel better if my Ninja Bear card had sold already, it's been up for like 15 minutes at the lowest listed price and nobody biting. With 6 drops I think I should come out of it okay, unless the card market crashes suddenly. I got it for 4.99 too, I think I bought it based on reading your posts earlier.

I would feel better if my Ninja Bear card had sold already, it's been up for like 15 minutes at the lowest listed price and nobody biting. With 6 drops I think I should come out of it okay, unless the card market crashes suddenly. I got it for 4.99 too, I think I bought it based on reading your posts earlier.
I kind of had the same "oh crap" thoughts. Some of the cards I had took over an hour to sell despite being the lowest price. But - they did all sell.

Of all the cards that I've sold, the Triple Town took the longest for each card to sell. I think there needs to be a certain amount of people who own the game to create a market for the cards. Since the Amazon sale marks the first real discount that the game has received, it takes a while for the cards to move. They do sell eventually though. Just don't get too crazy setting your prices. Aim to break even.

By the way, I actually played it while I was waiting for card drops (a first for me with these cards). It was pretty fun. I'm glad I took the chance on it.

The less cards there are for a game, the longer it takes them to sell.. mostly because there isn't really a current market price when only a few cards are up for sale. It's different when you've got 200 cards, and most are selling for 60 cents, the price is more defined when you have more cards.

The aggressive addition of games to the trading card beta and hard limit on drops finally turned me off of the Steam cards and made me decide to sell them all. I'll be surprised if this market is sustainable in the long run,

Has anyone played Lunnye Devitsy or Wake from the Lunar Pack? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26391/ They're cheap and the dev has interest in producing cards for them, so if they're actually good-decent I might want to grab before the sale ends.
I grabbed the Lunnye Devitsy/Wake pack a while back. I was excited by how Lunnye Devitsy looked and started playing it immediately. I was really disappointed. Movement is ponderous. You'll wonder why in the hell the character moves so slowly. Objectives are vague and hidden. The environment is annoying to explore. It ended up feeling like a pitiful indie title, and I uninstalled after about 30 minutes of fiddling with it, bored out of my mind.

I grabbed the Lunnye Devitsy/Wake pack a while back. I was excited by how Lunnye Devitsy looked and started playing it immediately. I was really disappointed. Movement is ponderous. You'll wonder why in the hell the character moves so slowly. Objectives are vague and hidden. The environment is annoying to explore. It ended up feeling like a pitiful indie title, and I uninstalled after about 30 minutes of fiddling with it, bored out of my mind.
Really Big Sky is the most insufferable game in my library so I'm not surprised.

I stashed this Lunar Pack in my inventory with the intention of adding it, selling the black-card-heroin and eventually playing them but I'll probably just hawk it now. Thanks for the warning.

Has anyone played Lunnye Devitsy or Wake from the Lunar Pack? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26391/ They're cheap and the dev has interest in producing cards for them, so if they're actually good-decent I might want to grab before the sale ends.
I noticed that with all of Boss Baddie's games. They're all very unpolished, makes me wonder how they got on Steam, and Wake/Lunnye Devitsy didn't have to go through greenlight.

Yet stuff like Giana Sisters and Gray Matter has to go through greenlight.. makes zero sense.

??? Why are you hating on Really Big Sky? It's a fun (and accessible) procedurally generated twin-stick shump. It really should be played with a controller (obviously).

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but did they ever fix all the slowness bugs Civ 5 had? Especially once you got really late in the game?
I believe what you are referring to is simply the amount of AI calculations Civ 5 does. Civ 5 performance is very hard on the CPU. The solution is to upgrade your CPU. (I have no clue what you're running.)

Very recent article on AnandTech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6985/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-at-1440p-adding-in-haswell-/7

54998.png

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but did they ever fix all the slowness bugs Civ 5 had? Especially once you got really late in the game?
And AMD GPU's struggle or at least last time I checked. Nvidia has some sort of driver compute feature which AMD lacked, vastly giving Nvidia an advantage. Much to my shagrin. I forget what its called.

Think its called DX11 Multi Threading to take strain off CPU's.

DX11 MultiThreading

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=31520674&postcount=28

I don't know if AMD ever turned this on....

Wahoo, I got a foil card from Triple Town. There's only one other on the marketplace for $41 so I don't know how to list it. I put it for $40 for now while I decide if I should list it for cheaper. Any thoughts?

I think I'll leave it up for 34.99 for a bit and see what happens. The other foils for this game are listed from 14.99-50 but there's no price chart for any of em. I guess nobody's buying.

I noticed that with all of Boss Baddie's games. They're all very unpolished, makes me wonder how they got on Steam, and Wake/Lunnye Devitsy didn't have to go through greenlight.

Yet stuff like Giana Sisters and Gray Matter has to go through greenlight.. makes zero sense.
Hm. Not too pleased with the new quote system either.

In any case, I couldn't agree more with this. Even though Giana Sisters isn't my kind of game, those two games look like they had a lot more work poured into them than "the lunar pack."

Oops, I've already bought it. It was essentially free money from cards, so I don't feel like it's a waste, and Wake was the draw for me.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamTradingCards/comments/1fgfm8/titles_with_incoming_trading_cards
I stopped buying indie games, due to bundle boom and now I feel like I should buy at least They Bleed Pixels and Triple Town, while they aren't even of 75% off sale, because they may turn out to be free after selling cards.

They may turn out to be free with addition of some other games after getting them in a bundle.

I'm so confused about this right now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamTradingCards/comments/1fgfm8/titles_with_incoming_trading_cards
I stopped buying indie games, due to bundle boom and now I feel like I should buy at least They Bleed Pixels and Triple Town, while they aren't even of 75% off sale, because they may turn out to be free after selling cards.

They may turn out to be free with addition of some other games after getting them in a bundle.

I'm so confused about this right now.
Yeah.. the Digital Tribe game to get cards might be Rush Bros.. if it is, you can use this 25% off coupon in combination with the 2-pack and 10% off price to get it for $5.06 per copy and probably get the game for free after selling cards, which isn't bad at all if cards get added.. but who knows if it'll happen.

http://playrushbros.com/rush-bros-lmtd-25/

I need a psychic, or a time machine.

Yeah.. the Digital Tribe game to get cards might be Rush Bros.. if is is, you can use this 25% off coupon in combination with the 2-pack and 10% off price to get it for $5.06 per copy and probably get the game for free after selling cards, which isn't bad at all if cards get added.. but who knows if it'll happen.

http://playrushbros.com/rush-bros-lmtd-25/

I need a psychic, or a time machine.
I wonder if there is a way to get the music out of Rush Bros. I honestly don't care about the game, but a soundtrack by Infected Mushroom makes me extremely interested in it.

So since a 2-pack of Cubemen 2 was a mere 50 cents more than a single copy, I bought the 2-pack and sent to extra copy to my wife who will idle the game on her account and trade the card drops back to me to sell on the market. Thinking I can get that half dollar back, even if the card prices do take a dive.
My wife doesn't know it yet, but her Steam account is going to do the same thing this weekend. :ziplip:

I think the change is overall good. No need to alienate new users from foils. I would have made it so the higher level people get better rare card drop rates. Foils still sell well with no real purpose for them.
It's a good change for us, but bad for Valve. It also defeats the purpose of the crafting system. I agree that level 10+ should get better drop rates though. Having drop rate depend on level would be a huge incentive for people to craft badges.

Level 10 users should get an extra card drop per game. Level 13 users should get 2 extra drops, Level 16 users get 3 extra drops, and so on.

If you own 25 trading-card-enabled games, moving up to the next level gives you 25 more cards. Depending on the number of games that eventually get enabled, metagamers may actually find value in crafting their way to the next reward level.

Of all the cards that I've sold, the Triple Town took the longest for each card to sell. I think there needs to be a certain amount of people who own the game to create a market for the cards. Since the Amazon sale marks the first real discount that the game has received, it takes a while for the cards to move. They do sell eventually though. Just don't get too crazy setting your prices. Aim to break even.

By the way, I actually played it while I was waiting for card drops (a first for me with these cards). It was pretty fun. I'm glad I took the chance on it.
Posted in the Amazon thread but, yeah, it took a while for my Triple Town cards to sell. Of course, my last drop was a foil so I managed to get $30ish for that~ Prices are going to start coming down once it's in one of those bigger Amazon bundles. I had it up for $40ish at first but brought it down. Might have cost me but I figure you're looking at a pretty niche market of people buying foils for Triple Town and $40 per card would be... nearly $500 for a full set of 12? I think $30ish is a good price with $20ish being for the moderately sane.

Level 10 users should get an extra card drop per game. Level 13 users should get 2 extra drops, Level 16 users get 3 extra drops, and so on.

If you own 25 trading-card-enabled games, moving up to the next level gives you 25 more cards. Depending on the number of games that eventually get enabled, metagamers may actually find value in crafting their way to the next reward level.
That makes a ton of sense. Enough so that I'd guess we see something of the sort show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back