The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
To buy or not to buy FTL right now... I, too, believe the card trading system will be open by summer sale, and A LOT of people will be buying and selling.
If you want to play it now, I say buy it now. $5 is the lowest is has been and the card drops will bring it down to probably around $3.5

It might hit $2.50 in a month during the summer sale though, but the cards may be completely tanked by then, still it would be $2.50 minus the cards you sell.
It was $4 actually through a Humble Store sale (which is when I picked it up). It's a really fun and addictive game, but is hard as nuts and makes me both sigh in relief and want to hurl stuff out the windows :bomb: So yeah, I'd recommend you get it :bouncy:

What is the best site to go to if I'm having trouble with a graphics card installation?
What card?
It's a Radeon 6670 2gb DDR3. The instal was easy. For some reason my monitor wouldn't turn on. All it does is show a box in the top right corner that flashes analog to digital then goes blank. My mouse wouldn't light up either. So, I took it out and put my crappy card back in. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Hydo2Oxide,

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll check out both places to see if I can find what I'm looking for.

What is the best site to go to if I'm having trouble with a graphics card installation?
What card?
It's a Radeon 6670 2gb DDR3. The instal was easy. For some reason my monitor wouldn't turn on. My mouse wouldn't light up either. So, I took it out and put my crappy card back in. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
can you PSU handle the card? The fact your mouse doesn't work is really odd.

What card?
It's a Radeon 6670 2gb DDR3. The instal was easy. For some reason my monitor wouldn't turn on. My mouse wouldn't light up either. So, I took it out and put my crappy card back in. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
A reasonable guess is that your power supply can't handle it. I'd second Tom's Hardware forums for you.

I have no clue if my power supply can handle the card. The card was suggested by someone who is more computer savvy than me. I will look into Tom's Hardware forums to see if I can find the answer there. Hopefully it is something simple. My current graphics card prevents me from playing a lot of games I own. 

I have no clue if my power supply can handle the card. The card was suggested by someone who is more computer savvy than me. I will look into Tom's Hardware forums to see if I can find the answer there. Hopefully it is something simple. My current graphics card prevents me from playing a lot of games I own.
Might be obvious, but are you sure the 6670 is working? Are you able to test it in another PC? It could be causing some kind of short.

If you're sure it works, your PSU may not be up to par, as others have suggested.

What card did you have in your system previously? Also make sure that the power connection to your GPU is not loose.

Also, have a look at this and see if it helps:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/388668-33-signal

I started my Triple Town foil at 39.99, came down to 29.99, then 22-24 and finally $16, still nothing so I put it to $17.99 and just playing the waiting game.
On the plus side, I paid $5 for the game and already made $8 off the non-foils. As much as I'd love to get $20 for the foil I have, anything is gravy and even $5 will buy me a "free" new game come Summer Sale. I finally bit on Recettear this morning on the basis of "Well, it's all card money in my Steam wallet anyway".

I finally bit on Recettear this morning on the basis of "Well, it's all card money in my Steam wallet anyway".
And that's how they get you. I'm already preparing to resist the urge to spend $25 of Steam Wallet on one semi-discounted game come the summer sale. (Although, honestly, there really aren't any games out right now that seem worth even close to that much, to me anyway.)

I'd consider buying Rome Total War, but then I'd want to spend my Steam Wallet moneys, but I like having all $30 and change I've made from selling all of my cards sitting there making me feel superior.

And that's how I, metaphorically, crafted all of my cards into a badge.

I'd consider buying Rome Total War, but then I'd want to spend my Steam Wallet moneys, but I like having all $30 and change I've made from selling all of my cards sitting there making me feel superior.

And that's how I, metaphorically, crafted all of my cards into a badge.
Well, you give give them a picture of Mr. Washington for RTW...

nobody should even hesitate on buying rome total war for $1 if you don't already have it.

ignoring dota 2 (my most played game), i have more hours on RTW than all my other steam games put together.

the original game itself is good and you can sink many hours into it, but once you've played it enough to be annoyed by the flaws in vanilla, you can dump another few hundred hours into mods. mods are where it's at, they fix the flaws and enhance the game hugely. and i've only even played around with a couple.

I have to agree with the golden calf, Monster Loves You is very well done. It's a "choose your own adventure" style game(ish) where your actions have wider repercussions and so on.

My first playthrough took maybe an hour? Most importantly, I enjoyed it. It had charm and kept me interested enough. Will I replay it anytime soon? Probably not. But I'm sure I will, at some point.

I'd wait for 75% off or a bundle unless you REALLY want it. (p.s. cards for MLY tanked shortly after it became a midweek deal).

Might be obvious, but are you sure the 6670 is working? Are you able to test it in another PC? It could be causing some kind of short.

If you're sure it works, your PSU may not be up to par, as others have suggested.
I can hear the fan on the 6670 when if I get close to the box. I've had issues before with the monitor not receiving the correct signal from the box. I had to hold certain keys down to access my comp. I just can't remember what they were.

What card did you have in your system previously? Also make sure that the power connection to your GPU is not loose.

My card I have installed right now is laughable. It's a 5450. I don't believe it is loose, because I can run my comp with my original graphics card installed.

I can hear the fan on the 6670 when if I get close to the box. I've had issues before with the monitor not receiving the correct signal from the box. I had to hold certain keys down to access my comp. I just can't remember what they were.

My card I have installed right now is laughable. It's a 5450. I don't believe it is loose, because I can run my comp with my original graphics card installed.
Did you try disabling secure boot?

whats the Monster Loves You! - 3 Pack? theres no description about it vs the 4.99 version. . I was thinking of getting it for my mom
You get three copies of the game for the price of two.

One copy is automatically added to your account. The other two go into your inventory as Steam gifts.

I have no idea what that means.

I'm about to uninstall the original cards drivers and see if that helps.
Follow these instructions and see if it helps. It worked for the guy who had a similar problem in the Tom's Hardware forum I linked earlier.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/~/when-installing-an-after-market-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc
Thank you for the help. I will give it a shot.

I have no idea what that means.

I'm about to uninstall the original cards drivers and see if that helps.
Follow these instructions and see if it helps. It worked for the guy who had a similar problem in the Tom's Hardware forum I linked earlier.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/~/when-installing-an-after-market-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc
Thank you for the help. I will give it a shot.
No worries. Good Luck!

I have no desire to play Awesomenauts, ever, but now I'll have to keep my HB key just in case the game gets Steam Cards.
This is one thing I'm not going to do: start collecting or buying games I have zero interest in just for the sake of cards. I'll play some games I have for cards because it's a good excuse to play the game (hence my recent time spent playing Faerie Solitaire, which is an amusing time-waster, now that I understand the basic mechanics), but I'm not going to purchase/play games in a genre I despise just for the sake of cards. I know lots of people are just letting the game run to get cards but I don't really feel like gaming the system in that way (no pun intended).

I actually think the card system will be more fun when it expands to include the majority of the catalog. People won't be making more than $0.20 or so on a card in all likelihood (except for rare cards or cards for certain uber-popular games), but I think the system is designed to do two things: encourage people to play the games they own on Steam and encourage people to buy more games on Steam. The fact that people can make a bit of money with it is, I don't believe Valve's primary concern. Once the economy stabilizes and more publishers are on board with it, people will start collecting cards, badges, and backgrounds for games they really enjoy as opposed to simply ones that will make them Steam wallet.

However, all of the above is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. . . .

I have no desire to play Awesomenauts, ever, but now I'll have to keep my HB key just in case the game gets Steam Cards.
This is one thing I'm not going to do: start collecting or buying games I have zero interest in just for the sake of cards. I'll play some games I have for cards because it's a good excuse to play the game (hence my recent time spent playing Faerie Solitaire, which is an amusing time-waster, now that I understand the basic mechanics), but I'm not going to purchase/play games in a genre I despise just for the sake of cards. I know lots of people are just letting the game run to get cards but I don't really feel like gaming the system in that way (no pun intended).

I actually think the card system will be more fun when it expands to include the majority of the catalog. People won't be making more than $0.20 or so on a card in all likelihood (except for rare cards or cards for certain uber-popular games), but I think the system is designed to do two things: encourage people to play the games they own on Steam and encourage people to buy more games on Steam. The fact that people can make a bit of money with it is, I don't believe Valve's primary concern. Once the economy stabilizes and more publishers are on board with it, people will start collecting cards, badges, and backgrounds for games they really enjoy as opposed to simply ones that will make them Steam wallet.

However, all of the above is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. . . .
I get what you're saying. I myself would purchase only if the game is really, really cheap. Since I already have an Awesomenauts key (which currently has almost nothing of market value because of HB8), I'll try and get the cards for it (if it gets on the beta).

I think the cards are having the same effect as the coals on the Holiday Sale a couple of years ago: people buying games just for the achievements/cards and the chance to get a good coupon or card value on the Market. It's good for publishers (not just for sales but for having their games discovered and getting some word of mouth) and for gamers as well, since we might get some $ out of it (even if we don't get foils, adding up a lot of cards might help us get a game or two).

It's even better for steam because they get a cut of the money. Then they give you credit to only use on steam. They are the real winners here
I could be wrong but I think 5% commission goes to Steam and a further 10% goes to the developer. It's a nice incentive for them to produce cards.

Ok, REVIEW TIME.

I've played a lot of Prime World Defenders recently. It's a Tower Defense game with a card-collecting slant (check me out with the topical content).

As for gameplay, it's solid, looks good and plays well. The difficulty curve is reasonable but nothing too extreme. However, the progression curve is a bit silly.

Unlike, say, Defense Grid, PWD doesn't give you all the tools to beat a level at the start. You need to "level up" your towers as you progress through the game, so there will come a time when you need to farm a few levels in order to level up your Dragon Tower (for example) so that it does silly damage. I don't object to this in theory, but in reality it led to a hell of a lot of grinding. I spent nearly six hours on it on Sunday alone and I imagine 75% of that time was grinding cards/gold/stars to improve my towers.

It's a decent game, don't get me wrong, but if repetition ain't your thing you should stay clear. If you like the idea of levelling up towers and stuff, just get Defender's Quest when it goes on sale. Because it's excellent.

GMG has Lego LOTR at 75%, beating Steam's 75% when you use coupon code:

GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA

Making it $6.00.  

It's even better for steam because they get a cut of the money. Then they give you credit to only use on steam. They are the real winners here
Unlike, say, Defense Grid, PWD doesn't give you all the tools to beat a level at the start. You need to "level up" your towers as you progress through the game, so there will come a time when you need to farm a few levels in order to level up your Dragon Tower (for example) so that it does silly damage. I don't object to this in theory, but in reality it led to a hell of a lot of grinding. I spent nearly six hours on it on Sunday alone and I imagine 75% of that time was grinding cards/gold/stars to improve my towers.
Thanks for the info. The game is on my wishlist and I love TD games. I don't, however, love grinding. I'm opposed to games that are designed to force you to repeat sections multiple times simply to be allowed to progress.

It will stay on my wishlist, but it's going to have to drop significantly in order for me to make a purchase.

Thanks for the info. The game is on my wishlist and I love TD games. I don't, however, love grinding. I'm opposed to games that are designed to force you to repeat sections multiple times simply to be allowed to progress.

It will stay on my wishlist, but it's going to have to drop significantly in order for me to make a purchase.

These are my thoughts too. Sounds fun, but way too grindy for a near full price purchase. I played about 30 minutes of Tower Wars and it was fun. I see the game is sort of online based so I will need to practice a bit before I give the open matches a try, but I enjoyed it so far. Nothing necessarily new for a TD game, but worth the price I paid for it.

Daily Deal

• Chaos on Deponia - $19.99 $4.99
    Genre: Adventure, Indie
  • Metascore: 78
  • Steamplay: PC, MAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WszI_y9nQS0

Deponia would make a great movie. A guy risks his life using dangerous technology to escape his crappy setting and reach the idyllic Elysium. Hollywood wouldn't make him a goofy loser though. They'd probably cast someone like Ben Affleck. 

Haven't had the internet since last week, but it was nice to get online today and see that 1...2...3 now has card drops. I booted it up and immediately got a foil, and there have only been 4 foils sold for a mean of around $25 apiece. Hopefully someone likes this absurd game enough to buy it at that price; it would certainly fund my summer sale shopping. ;)

Edit:  I'm a lair.   After going back to my Market history I must have been including a SSI card in my numbers.  Zack Zero cost me about $1.50 out of pocket after Steam took it's cut on the market.  But I bought my ZZ from GMG for $8 rather than from Steam so $3.50-$4.50 makes since if you buy it from Steam.   Prices took a dive late last night, if I had got it a bit earlier I would have probably had a profit.  All that said for $1.50 it's a decent little game.

I'm seriously debating Chaos on Deponia, but I have not played the first game and not normally into adventure games. What qualities would you say make this game shine the most (that would justify me buying it)?

I'm seriously debating Chaos on Deponia, but I have not played the first game and not normally into adventure games. What qualities would you say make this game shine the most (that would justify me buying it)?
The original has been bundled and people in the trading thread have had it for $1. I'd pick that one up first.

Of course if you're not into adventure games it might not be for you. It's a pretty standard point-and-click adventure like they were making in the mid 90s. Deponia's 2D art and humor are above what you typically find these days, but it's not special in the way that it plays.

The original has been bundled and people in the trading thread have had it for $1. I'd pick that one up first.

Of course if you're not into adventure games it might not be for you. It's a pretty standard point-and-click adventure like they were making in the mid 90s. Deponia's 2D art and humor are above what you typically find these days, but it's not special in the way that it plays.
Also in light of this fact, I'd probably just wait for a bundle, unless you plan to play it immediately.

Also in light of this fact, I'd probably just wait for a bundle, unless you plan to play it immediately.
Good points. I'm patient. Thanks for the advice :D

I'm stunned none of you have posted this Ostrich-Frogger mashup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAIViRK94vo

...I guess you don't normally read The Guardian...

Are these steam card booster packs in effect yet? Edit, I guess not. "Next week or so"

My damn Triple Town foil still hasn't sold, going to try lowering it to 14.99. Wow, there are 3 on the store now, mine is still priced lowest at $16.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back