The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So is ARES Extinction Agenda $2.50 worth of fun? The purchase price meets the 75% off rule but it has been bundled before.
Maybe. It's a Mega-Man clone without the charm or intricacies of the NES Mega-Man games. It's far too short for a game of its type. You're expected to go back and replay maps (not Metroidvania-style. You just replay the linear map) for power-ups you can't access the first time through, but that gets tedious fast. You also have to farm parts from enemies you destroy, which means there's a lot of running around the same area to collect pieces for upgrades and items. If the game had bigger maps it might be more fun.

Gameplay's very smooth with an Xbox controller. I'm not sure how it would play kbm though.

So is ARES Extinction Agenda $2.50 worth of fun? The purchase price meets the 75% off rule but it has been bundled before.
Gameplay's very smooth with an Xbox controller. I'm not sure how it would play kbm though.

The total lack of smoothness is my strongest memory. I was playing Explodemon around the same time and thought it was A.R.E.S. without the abysmal everything.

I'm not talking about pad vs. keyboard though, just the feel of the movement and flow of the entire game.

Hmmm, I might bite on those midnight mysteries games.  $2.99 is the cheapest Amazon ever puts them and other than hoarding, I don't really see any reason to pay more for the Mumbo Jumbo collection.  I have Pickers, Zombie Bowl A Rama, Everyday Genius already and am not too pressed for the rest of the puzzle games.  Plus... cards?

I'm liking the card thing more and more, but I hate that so far of the badges I've crafted I get coupons I have no use for.

Obligatory, any guesses at to what will get cards tomorrow? Need to do some selective pre downloading.
There's a thread on Reddit somewhere which lists a number of devs that've said that they're working on cards. Somebody more useful than me will link it hopefully.

I'm going for a longshot: Hack, Slash, Loot

The bestselling game at GMG right now is Kairo: a Steam-required #2deep4me indie that dropped 1/11/13.

After the 20% code it's $2.18. Might be useful for some trading trickery/barter bullshit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zqLSnsiPGEg[/youtube]

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the Midnight Mysteries Collection is also 75% as part of the week long deals, though it wasn't advertised.

The individual games are also on sale for 75% off.
thanks for the heads up ;)

Anyone have an opinion on these? How do they compare with other hidden object games?
I played the Edgar Allen Poe one. It was a nice time waster. I'd pick it up, but I'm waiting for JakeNome to come back with the MumboJumbo collection in the summer sale.

My guess for the games to get cards tomorrow.

Games that you've never heard of, and probably wouldn't consider buying if the game didn't have cards.

I think I'm going to get both the Mumbo Jumbo bundle and the PopCap bundle in the summer sale if they go 75% off.  I'm interested in many of the games in both those bundles and the only one I know I already have is Pickers from the Mumbo Jumbo bundle.

Obligatory, any guesses at to what will get cards tomorrow? Need to do some selective pre downloading.
There's a thread on Reddit somewhere which lists a number of devs that've said that they're working on cards. Somebody more useful than me will link it hopefully.

I'm going for a longshot: Hack, Slash, Loot
http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamTradingCards/comments/1fgfm8/titles_with_incoming_trading_cards/ ?

Thanks. Will go ahead and download those just in case.

Nuclear Dawn

Stealth Bastard Deluxe

Cave Story

Skyrim

Awesomenauts

Boom! I think...

Edit: I have no freaking clue.

Anybody selling any codes? PM me. I'm just looking for something to do while Marvel Heroes is down.

I'd love to see Oddworld Munch's Odeysee go on sale. I've read some bad reviews on it though. Anyone have any experience with the game?

Maw Steam Codes

[SIZE=.81em]GRDVZ-2DGXP-27JJX[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.81em]W8VTG-MVWIZ-XX45W[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.81em]G0RX0-3QK7N-9CZ0K[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.81em]GZQHA-NTC36-MXD3X[/SIZE]

Anyone know where I can get a really cheap copy of Saint's Row The Third?  I recently upgraded my GF's computer for her and now all the humble bundles she didn't buy (despite my strong encouragement) are coming back to bite ... me in the ass (since I was now asked to find her a cheap copy of it after she saw the preview for 4 and finally believed me that it was a game she'd like).

Maw Steam Codes

[SIZE=.81em]GRDVZ-2DGXP-27JJX[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.81em]W8VTG-MVWIZ-XX45W[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.81em]G0RX0-3QK7N-9CZ0K[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.81em]GZQHA-NTC36-MXD3X[/SIZE]
Thanks. Grabbed the second one: [SIZE=.81em]W8VTG-MVWIZ-XX45W[/SIZE]

I realize this is the Steam thread, but here's an Origin key for Mass Effect 2

4YC4-M2LM-D2LT-Q88C-****

****Hover over my username. 

I'd love to see Oddworld Munch's Odeysee go on sale. I've read some bad reviews on it though. Anyone have any experience with the game?
I have the DRM-FREE version from Amazon. It runs fine. I didn't play for too long though. (I remember liking it back at release.)
I've read it crashes a lot. I may end up buying it. It was one of my favorite xbox titles. I was too young to finish it whenever I had it at release.

You know what game needs to get cards? This
Finally, a sensible suggestion... a card game needing/getting cards!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I got sick of not being able to answer inquiries about FUEL... so I spent several hours with it yesterday... I'm only a few hours in so this is a little provisional, but I doubt more time would change what I have to say.

Fuel is not a bad racing game. It has a fairly standard arcade physics model. Racing includes dirt bikes, quads, cars (and possibly more). There are two bits that are fairly unique to Fuel. (1) Most races are checkpoint races, but there is no set path you have to stay on, you can take any path you choose. Which leads to (2) there seems to be three basic types of surfaces you can drive on: asphalt, trail, & wilderness. Different vehicles are better (faster is seems) on different surfaces, driving through wilderness is definitely speed-penalized. This means that it's up to you to choose how much to shortcut though wilderness and how much to stay on road/trail. I like this mechanic.

Open World: Yes it seems to be huge open world (without a much variation in the areas I've been to). However getting across the open world is slow and uninteresting. Fortunately you don't have to, races & challenges are all menu accessible (enter and leave a race to shortcut across the map). There seem to be discoverable stuff like liveries in the open world bit. I however believe atm that the open world bit is best skipped, if there were vehicles/performance parts I could put up with it. I now understand why some optional parts of the Refueled mod seem to be cheat-like discoverable unlocks... I'd be tempted... I hate cheating, but if the alternative is sh*t it's on the table.

Technically: Well it's based on some engine I've never seen before. Technically the graphics are okay, not deplorable, not likeable. 4x MSAA doesn't help with aliasing as much as it should (but it does affect performance), I turned off in-game AA and used SweetFX to add in SMAA to my satisfaction. I'm running at 1920x1200 on a Phenom II X3 720 BE OC'd at 3.2 GHz and an OC'd GTX 660 (overkill for any 2009 game). While my framerate is acceptable, it sometime dips to the low 50s without being at 100% CPU or GPU load (I never seem to hit 100% CPU or GPU load in Fuel).

Other tips: You can try any Career race at three difficulty levels: LOL, Seriously?!?, and Putting up a Fight, each level rewards more fuel (currency). "Challenges" are races in different formats that don't have a difficulty selection but aren't any more challenging... but they reward a nice amount of fuel.. don't pass them up.

TL;DR Decent arcade racer. Avoid the open world abyss.

Edit: I'd also add that I'm tempted to try some SweetFX filters to spice up the visuals... I'm not generally a fan of such filters.. but it might give Fuel some needed visual pop.

Edit2: SecuROM + GFWL fyi.

Anybody selling any codes? PM me. I'm just looking for something to do while Marvel Heroes is down.

I played it on XBox back near release, and quite liked it. The move to 3D wasn't perfect--the two earlier games are better--but Munch's had the same flavor and was certainly worth a play. I can't speak to the quality of the PC port.

Anyone know where I can get a really cheap copy of Saint's Row The Third? I recently upgraded my GF's computer for her and now all the humble bundles she didn't buy (despite my strong encouragement) are coming back to bite ... me in the ass (since I was now asked to find her a cheap copy of it after she saw the preview for 4 and finally believed me that it was a game she'd like).
Saints Row The Third Complete Package

FFHQN-5FPW7-LZPP5

Spec Ops The Line

DB38P-XEJD3-KBIW8

Bad Rats

GAM3-I5-CR@P

last one fake, attempt at a joke. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back