The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Jagged Alliance cards are taking forever to drop for me, I thougt I might be able to complete the set cheap but it looks like no one has this game so the cards are more expensive than these 18 cent Magickas haha.

With all that said, people have all the right to play it and not like, not all games are made for everyone and it certainly isn't the type of or quality of game that would have me running and recommending it to everyone I know, but it certainly has a good amount of users that play it regularly and get some joy out of it.
And indeed I keep seeing that, which is totally valid in and of itself. I just can't put my recommendation on it at all. My personal experience playing in beta was similar to Kevin VanOrd's review and Total Biscuit's video. But, of course, there are plenty of positive reviews on the game too, as evidenced here on metacritic. So, good to hear a counterpoint and a variety of opinions, and obviously for a lot of people, it's not as terrible as it's been made out to be.

I think we are fast approaching the point in time where it's not gonna be worth the effort of idling for cards. About an hour after this week's cards were introduced, most of the cards are selling for less than 30 cents. This time next week, the new cards will be selling for under 20 cents within an hour. How low does it have to go before it's simply not worth the effort?
Here's hoping for more code drops.

Doesn't mean he bought it though. He may have won it himself on Steamgifts and just decided to raffle it off for Steamgifts standingpointsstatuswhatever. Since there's no "Original buyer" tag on the gift you can't tell where it was originally bought.
I guess that's true. I forgot that I can accept a gift and add it to my inventory to re-gift.

I'm surprised you went as far as contacting Steam support. Steamgifts can be shady, as you never know where the person bought the game from, or how they bought it. If it were a good friend that gifted me a game, I'd definitely contact support.. but for a game I got from Steamgifts? Nah.. chances are high that the copy wasn't legit, or was stolen. You'd most likely have to provide proof of purchase to get it added back to your account.

I think the best thing to do would've been to contact the person that gifted it to you, not Steam support. Figure out how they obtained it, and if it IS legit, then ask for proof of purchase from the gifter.
I wasn't going to bother, but posted here and got some encouragement to try. Maybe I'll contact the guy who gifted it, but I doubt he'd even respond at this point.

Open up that email and try to redeem it again using the link at the bottom of the email. See what it says. Perhaps you never actually redeemed it or Steam never got the message that you did. Worth a try. If it says it was redeemed, then it was indeed on your account.
Yep, I tried that. Got the 'OOPS Sorry this has already been redeemed' message. I laid this all out in my communications with Steam support, but they just couldn't/wouldn't accept that it is something on their end (or they know what's going on and just won't reveal the details to me).

That's odd. I tried it on Tuesday and it screwed my drop rate up when running multiple games. Same thing happened last week too..
Hmm, I was just trying this this morning, and I haven't dropped a single card yet. I think I'll go back to trying a single game at a time.

I think we are fast approaching the point in time where it's not gonna be worth the effort of idling for cards. About an hour after this week's cards were introduced, most of the cards are selling for less than 30 cents. This time next week, the new cards will be selling for under 20 cents within an hour. How low does it have to go before it's simply not worth the effort?
It might be heading to that point as long as the new cards keep being for games every and their mother has anymore due to indie bundles. But as long as I am making money (even if its only cents per card) I will likely grind for them if I happen to be on my computer. But I think it would help the market if they added games not everyone had already.

You've seen the carrot, now here's the stick: If you have any card drops remaining for any of your games, you are ineligible to win the Booster Pack Lottery. Anyone who owned any of today's titles lost the ability to win a Booster Pack at 10am PDT, and won't regain eligibility until they play or idle their way through all of the drops.

I would think that this "forced idling" will further depress individual card prices, which may or may not encourage some cheap badge crafting. If users could craft a badge for less than a dollar, some of them just might.

I literally can't play Blocks That Matter and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix it. :joystick:

This is my livelihood, motherfuckers!

Adding cards is likely a way for the smaller and ignored games to attract attention.  Also the smaller devs are likely more flexable in being able to throw some people at it.  Bigger devs probably don't feel the need to bother, but also their management structure might not want to divert human resources to create cards for older games.  Note that Borderlands 2 is the only non-Valve non-indie game with cards, but Borderlands 2 has maintained continuous marketing tactics (Golden Keys and other Shift Key rewards).  Note that Gearbox hasn't bothered to add cards to Borderlands 1.

We have yet to see the holy grail... MOAR CARDZ DLC ;)

• Guns of Icarus Online
  • Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
  • Zombie Driver HD
  • Offspring Fling!
  • Magicka
It sure would be nice if they were more consistent about adding cards to games that aren't below average or just flat-out garbage.
Valve apparently opened the invitation to pretty much every dev to make trading cards. It isn't their fault that it's mostly indie devs responding.

And of that list Magicka, Zombie Driver HD, and Jagged Alliance are all pretty good games.

Aww hell yeah, it's about time Magicka got some attention. Such an obscure, underrated game. Sold all my Magicka cards for a total of $15, just enough for a date. Thank you, you relatively unknown game that nobody has.

Fellow backlog hoarders!  I'm hoping some of you can help me out with the new "library mode" in Enhanced Steam.   If you have the Chrome version it should already be updated to 3.7 - if so can you guys go into the options, enable library mode (beta) and report back to the thread in my signature of any problems you have.

It's really basic right now, more function/features will be added soon.  But for now it should load your library and let you click on any game in your library to bring up a background, the game name, play time, and a "play now" button.

I'm just wanting to see if anyone is having any weird text or formatting issues before I move forward and build on the code.

Thanks!

(and now back to your regular card-centric discussion)

So how much has everyone made from these cards?  My Steam wallet is currently sitting at $7.90 from selling 5 Team Fortress 2 cards, 2 Half Life 2 cards, 4 Portal 2 cards, 5 Faerie Solitaire cards, and a couple of Super Meat Boy cards.  I still have a Super Meat Boy foil to sell, along with a couple of HL2 cards, and all of the cards from today (Offspring Fling, Zombie Driver, and Magicka).  It's not a lot, but that's essentially a couple of free games from the Steam sale for a modicum of effort.  Even if I'm only making $.25 per card, that's still roughly $1 per game for doing nothing.  It adds up over time.

Fellow backlog hoarders! I'm hoping some of you can help me out with the new "library mode" in Enhanced Steam. If you have the Chrome version it should already be updated to 3.7 - if so can you guys go into the options, enable library mode (beta) and report back to the thread in my signature of any problems you have.

It's really basic right now, more function/features will be added soon. But for now it should load your library and let you click on any game in your library to bring up a background, the game name, play time, and a "play now" button.

I'm just wanting to see if anyone is having any weird text or formatting issues before I move forward and build on the code.

Thanks!

I like the feature. As far as weird formatting goes, I have a couple, though you may already be aware of them. If not I can provide screenshots. The scroll bar and library list are the height of my browser, but then I can scroll down, let's say 40%, below where that is leaving me just a big blank area on the page. The background when a game loads is centered on the page and overlaps with the game list, though it seems like it's supposed to all be in the area to the right of the library's scroll bar.

So how much has everyone made from these cards? My Steam wallet is currently sitting at $7.90 from selling 5 Team Fortress 2 cards, 2 Half Life 2 cards, 4 Portal 2 cards, 5 Faerie Solitaire cards, and a couple of Super Meat Boy cards. I still have a Super Meat Boy foil to sell, along with a couple of HL2 cards, and all of the cards from today (Offspring Fling, Zombie Driver, and Magicka). It's not a lot, but that's essentially a couple of free games from the Steam sale for a modicum of effort. Even if I'm only making $.25 per card, that's still roughly $1 per game for doing nothing. It adds up over time.
Well, for me I have an initial investment of $16 in purchasing some games, but out of those initial $16 I now have:

$30 Steam Wallet

Tower Wars

Triple Town

Faster Than Light

Zack Zero

Monster Loves You

Go Home Dinosaurs

Cubemen 2

Strike Suit Infinity

So for the initial $16 I would have been more than happy to get those 8 games, but throw on the $30 SW and I am extremely happy. If you add the TF2 Items I was able to sell when I upgraded to Premium TF2, then my Steam Wallet is sitting at $45 right now.

I think paradox ruined their sales for me with Indiegala

I do want some paradox games (Showdown Effect, DungeonLand). but i cant help but to feel they'll end up in a gala bundle at cheaper

Is there any indication that FLT: Faster Than Light will be available for under $4.99 in the near future? I haven't seen it on the buy/sell thread for quite awhile.

So how much has everyone made from these cards? My Steam wallet is currently sitting at $7.90 from selling 5 Team Fortress 2 cards, 2 Half Life 2 cards, 4 Portal 2 cards, 5 Faerie Solitaire cards, and a couple of Super Meat Boy cards. I still have a Super Meat Boy foil to sell, along with a couple of HL2 cards, and all of the cards from today (Offspring Fling, Zombie Driver, and Magicka). It's not a lot, but that's essentially a couple of free games from the Steam sale for a modicum of effort. Even if I'm only making $.25 per card, that's still roughly $1 per game for doing nothing. It adds up over time.
I've sold something like 9 pages of market history on cards and I'm at $33.50 at the moment, about halfway done with today's cards. Plus I've bought a few using my wallet funds already. All total I'm probably around $40-45 at the moment for total trading card funny money.

And out of all those cards, probably well over 100 now, not a single foil. Damn that Gaben.

Fellow backlog hoarders! I'm hoping some of you can help me out with the new "library mode" in Enhanced Steam. If you have the Chrome version it should already be updated to 3.7 - if so can you guys go into the options, enable library mode (beta) and report back to the thread in my signature of any problems you have.

It's really basic right now, more function/features will be added soon. But for now it should load your library and let you click on any game in your library to bring up a background, the game name, play time, and a "play now" button.

Thanks!

I'm not seeing a library mode option and I double checked to make sure I'm on 3.7, which I am.

EDIT: Never mind, cleared my cache and it's there.

Is there any indication that FLT: Faster Than Light will be available for under $4.99 in the near future? I haven't seen it on the buy/sell thread for quite awhile.
The cheapest it's been is $3.99. I think it can hit that again during the Summer Sale in ~3 weeks. It goes on sale for $4.99 about once a month it seems.

You've seen the carrot, now here's the stick: If you have any card drops remaining for any of your games, you are ineligible to win the Booster Pack Lottery. Anyone who owned any of today's titles lost the ability to win a Booster Pack at 10am PDT, and won't regain eligibility until they play or idle their way through all of the drops.
Is that how this works? I couldn't be bothered to install Team Fortress 2 for cards. No wonder I haven't received booster packs.

I think around 16€ (+ 1.60€ from beta invites if that counts) so around 20/22 USD

Games :Borderlands 2 / Portal 2 / TF2 / HL2 / L4D / Magicka / Fairy Solitaire (hopefully didn't miss any)

(One foil from Magicka.) Haven't sold Serious3 or Offspring Cards yet. Might have to craft a badge just because :p

Is that how this works? I couldn't be bothered to install Team Fortress 2 for cards. No wonder I haven't received booster packs.

No it work for each game by it self.. No need for TF2 cards(i got a booster pack without getting my TF2 cards)
It only matters if you've made a purchase in the game and officially convert it to "premium" status. DOTA 2 is also F2P, but you can still get boosters without upgrading to premium and getting cards.

No i mean had 1 game(TF2) with 5 cards left for drop when i got a booster pack... But my TF2 is/was premium.. But booster packs from non-premium is good to know...

I bought it about a week ago from Amazon at $5, getting the maw as gift.

The only thing I regret is not buying it earlier. Is an awesome game, I love it. Hope the developers do another game of it's kind soon.

You can wait until summer sale and save $1 or $2, or buy it now, selling the cards for about $2 total (and a foil chance). When summer sale arrives, card prices will fall even more. I think card values (of any game) will be around 10 or 20 cents

Is it premiumized?

You may have marketable genuine-weapons etc. in addition to the cards incentive if you've owned it for a while and you've acquired certain games.

Well I finally finished with the OP. Paradox can go screw itself for putting out so much DLC. I mean, for crying out loud, who was it that thought Ship Simulator Extremes needed 5 different DLCs :bomb:

Out of the cards I've got Offspring Fling. Guess I'll be getting my $0.60 back;)

Its premiumized from owning it b4 it was free... Not really sure how the item drops work and its a ~10GB update so that why have not got the cards... About how long dos it take to get a item drop? Do you have to play the game or just idle?

Since Mortal Kombat 9 is coming to Steam, this is relevant:

mortal-kombat-prom.gif

Well I finally finished with the OP. Paradox can go screw itself for putting out so much DLC. I mean, for crying out loud, who was it that thought Ship Simulator Extremes needed 5 different DLCs :bomb:

Out of the cards I've got Offspring Fling. Guess I'll be getting my $0.60 back;)
People who own a ShipDriver. Also, when the time comes, we're going to hold you to your standards for the Railworks' Train Simulor 2013... yes, all 119 DLC... gotta collect them all.

SD001-500.jpg

It only matters if you've made a purchase in the game and officially convert it to "premium" status. DOTA 2 is also F2P, but you can still get boosters without upgrading to premium and getting cards.
TF2 was a bad example because of the F2P complication (I have the premium version because I got it from the Orange Box before it was F2P). I just didn't realize that you needed to collect all card drops for all of your games before booster packs started showing up. I thought boosters showed up on a per-game basis (eg, once you collect all of your Super Meat Boy drops there's a chance that a Super Meat Boy booster will show up regardless of whether you bothered to collect Offspring Fling cards).

I'm still not sure, actually, because re-reading Mac's post, he might have been laying out a hypothetical change.

TF2 was a bad example because of the F2P complication (I have the premium version because I got it from the Orange Box before it was F2P). I just didn't realize that you needed to collect all card drops for all of your games before booster packs started showing up. I thought boosters showed up on a per-game basis (eg, once you collect all of your Super Meat Boy drops there's a chance that a Super Meat Boy booster will show up regardless of whether you bothered to collect Offspring Fling cards).

I'm still not sure, actually, because re-reading Mac's post, he might have been laying out a hypothetical change.
Eligibility is per game. Edit: So you can get boosters for game a even if you have drops for game b remaining.

I'm sitting currently at $49.30 and I still have my zombie driver hd cards to sell. So close to getting Rome II free.

With cards open for everybody by this time next week we'll have cards sort of normal out to their lowest value probably.  I expect to see some games with cards in the .10 to .20 cents range but I still don't think it is totally dead. 

I say this because most people who were aggressively trying to sell cards would have joined the beta by now, so what you have is an influx of casual steam gamers getting introduced to it. There will be more cards likely on the market, but also more consumers who will be crafting so overall, I think prices will take a hit, but not become completely worthless.

38955308.jpg

"Making trading cards available to all Steam users is a step towards an event we think everyone can be excited about..."
What do you think that's referring to?

Cards tied into the summer sale?

Probably. Watch us people who sold our cards not be eligible for any discounts. Or worse yet, the summer sale = better coupons from crafting... and nothing else!

FYI, Offspring Fling has some of the best backgrounds.

Probably. Watch us people who sold our cards not be eligible for any discounts. Or worse yet, the summer sale = better coupons from crafting... and nothing else!

At least Valve would finally be doing something cool for a seasonal sale again.

At least Valve would finally be doing something cool for a seasonal sale again.
lol... yes, spend money to get discount would go over really well ;)

I assume you either get extra stuff for crafting during summer sale or maybe summer sale cards and collect summer sale cards to craft summer sale badge?

"Making trading cards available to all Steam users is a step towards an event we think everyone can be excited about..."
What do you think that's referring to?

Patience is a virtue. O:)

I'm sitting currently at $49.30 and I still have my zombie driver hd cards to sell. So close to getting Rome II free.
y u overpay for Rome II? (it's Sega after all, sure not quite Square Enix... but certainly the runner-up)

• Magicka
Crap I don't own any of these games. Maybe there's a good deal somewhere for one.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! (Does not own Magicka and/or Hydrophobia)

It sure would be nice if they were more consistent about adding cards to games that aren't below average or just flat-out garbage.
Zombie Driver is actually a pretty cool little game. It's worth a shot if you like the genre.

So how much has everyone made from these cards?
I haven't kept careful track. I've sold some, used some of the proceeds to buy other games, and also sold a few TF2 trinkets. I'd say I've made about $50 off Steam in the last month.

I hope so. They could actually make a fun event out of their sales again instead of lackluster repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back