The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Y7e7CbE.png
q5VmMmH.png
I'm very touched. Thank you. Wake up in the wee hours and see all this trading card delight. You, sir, have made my day.

Have FF7 on PSP/PS3, but might get it when it's 75% off for the mods.

along with 8, 9, X, (not X2), and XII. Nah, actually only need XII on PC since original PS3 took a dive and now I'd actually have to break out the PS2 to play it.
Or you could try it with an emulator.

I bought FF VII off PSN, yet I want it for Steam. What is wrong with me, lol. Of course I never played FF VII either (shoot me now).

I bought FF VII off PSN, yet I want it for Steam. What is wrong with me, lol. Of course I never played FF VII either (shoot me now).
Absolutely nothing.

If you like double-dipping and like supporting Square-Enix, what's wrong w/ that? {shrug}

Also - FF7 is a classic.

Well, actually...so is FF6.

When you get a chance - make sure you play FF7.

Got my first foil drop in Alan Wake.

Started playing the game this morning, but I uninstalled it. Fairly sure the game will upset me, as I'm a weenie. Also, the wooden expressions of the characters makes me feel like I'm playing a game with mannequins. It sort of creeped me out. I'm going to assume they looked really great when they came out, but man. Aliens.

The Endless Space price ($11.54 for Emperor Edition + Disharmony DLC) was indeed a glitch as confirmed by one of the developers.

It's a glitch. We have contacted Valve already on this matter.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.
It's back up to $34.99 now, so congrats to anyone else that got one.

So if I buy FF VII now can I also get the same awe and wonderment I had when I first saw this game, or will I have to remain my haggard, disenfranchised self who can no longer feel the euphoria for video games I had when I was a young man...

or can I get that feeling if it has CARDZZZ!!!

Started playing the game this morning, but I uninstalled it. Fairly sure the game will upset me, as I'm a weenie. Also, the wooden expressions of the characters makes me feel like I'm playing a game with mannequins. It sort of creeped me out. I'm going to assume they looked really great when they came out, but man. Aliens.

IMO you made the right call. I found it became a huge grind to beat the further it went on, and the story was the only part worth playing for (well that and the between level songs). Overall though I found it hugely disappointing and overated. I still can't understand all the praise it gets, but I guess it just wasn't for me *shrugs*

I liked Alan Wake a lot, I thought the storytelling was great and the combat was entertaining. Repetitive perhaps, but with a little variety in the scenarios. It was challenging but not overly so (the first DLC is much harder). I liked how they made you feel nervous about exploring a bit for the collectibles, since that meant you could be surrounded by the Taken if you strayed too much from the regular path. I dind't find it particularly scary, but it was intriguing enough to make me go on. And it looked fantastic on the PC.

I actually had fun with X-2. It didn't take itself so damn seriously like every other Final Fantasy game, and it was actually fun.

But I'm probably in the minority there.

I enjoyed X-2, it had one of the better job systems in awhile. If I recall Dark Knight was broken awesome.

Hmmm? Sorry, but that fat f*cking LIAR Gabe Newell
said that the reason for episodic gaming was that it would allow them to kick out smaller segments faster than full games would take. ORLY? How has that worked out? Episode 2 came out in October 2007! It has been 5 years 9 months since then and we're still waiting for the last chapter of the trilogy. In comparison was SIX YEARS between Half-Life's release and the release of Half-Life 2, including the 14-month delay past the originally promised street date.

We were left hanging with an unfinished story that broke on an intense down note. There is absolutely no reason the third chapter, which would've been just 4-6 hours long like the others, should've taken longer than the 16-20 months the first two took. Remember when Gabe initially promised that they'd have episodes out in six months? Bwahahahahahaha!!!! Eat some more, you fat lying f*ck!!!

In almost the time it took Valve to make the Source engine and the entirety of Half-Life 2 - including the delays because Gabe kept eating the hard drives with the work on it because he'd heard they were a good source of iron - we haven't heard squat about where the promised Episode 3 is or if it's ever going to come. Whenever anyone asks, Gabe eats them and says, "Look, you chumps. Party hats! Trading cards you can sell for a quarter! Love me! GET INTO MAH BELLY!!!" and the chumps think he's the ginchiest. Pffft.

Valve should just announce, "Hey, you know Episode 3? Well, it's off with the rest of the SiN Episodes. Sorry about that, but we're working on something really cool to make up for it. Have some hats and cards while you wait, mmmkay? kthxbai!" but that would require some honesty and based on Valve's history, that's not gonna happen until they are run by someone whose only two abilities aren't eating and lying.
No card for you!

Alan Wake, the flashlight simulator. As our fellow CAGer and esteemed gaming reviewer MHC wrote:

Boy I sure hope I don't have to shoot the same ghost men for 20 hours. What? What's that? Oh.

Oh...

I have a key for War Of the Roses that I got from some Amazon Paradox bundle earlier this year. I never redeemed it because I don't care for games that are multiplayer only, and I never bothered to sell it because I'm lazy. Should I now use the key even though I know that I'll never play the game, just to get the cards?

you need to provide Valve with your name, address, and... SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER? Uh... I don't think so. I checked and I'm already at like 115 items sold. Guess I'll have to be selective now 'cuz I'm damn sure not giving them my SSN.
Social Security numbers are a dime for nothin' -- sheeiittt, I have your SS#, death certificate, and baby pictures of your mom.

They were free with a medium vegetable-lo-mein and 2 egg roll.

The Iron Sheik probably has it too.

I know for some of the freelance work I do the limit is $600 before they say they need my social. Not sure if that limit is because I'm technically a contractor, or because they figure at that point you have to be getting close to the 600 payment limit no matter what. 

I have a key for War Of the Roses that I got from some Amazon Paradox bundle earlier this year. I never redeemed it because I don't care for games that are multiplayer only, and I never bothered to sell it because I'm lazy. Should I now use the key even though I know that I'll never play the game, just to get the cards?
I say might as well, chances are you'll make as much from selling the cards as you would selling the game IMO.

Also super tempted by picking up FFVII since it was my first FF (didn't get into rpgs til PS1 era for some reason) But I can't help but think it might hit at least 25% off during the summer sale.

I have a key for War Of the Roses that I got from some Amazon Paradox bundle earlier this year.
Last night when I farmed the cards, they were going for about 70¢ each. Don't know where they're at now but I at least got a few bucks out of it. I think there's only three card drops though (set of 5).

Man, I'm actually looking forward to Steam Summer Sale after the last few rounds of GMG offerings and Amazon's yawnfest. Maybe the mighty Swedes have something planned.

Last night when I farmed the cards, they were going for about 70¢ each. Don't know where they're at now but I at least got a few bucks out of it. I think there's only three card drops though (set of 5).

Man, I'm actually looking forward to Steam Summer Sale after the last few rounds of GMG offerings and Amazon's yawnfest. Maybe the mighty Swedes have something planned.
I'm curious in seeing GG come up w/ something awesome. :D

Yes, I'm interested in what Steam will come up w/, too.

I say might as well, chances are you'll make as much from selling the cards as you would selling the game IMO.

Also super tempted by picking up FFVII since it was my first FF (didn't get into rpgs til PS1 era for some reason) But I can't help but think it might hit at least 25% off during the summer sale.
grabbed from gamersgate with the 20% compensation discount. instant first day discount ftw! also grabbed 400days with the same discount.

Damn foil cards, got an Alan wake foil card and last night they were priced at 12$, now they're at 2$ and not even selling, foil cards are maybe not worth enough anymore.

So, winter sale Steam sucked and Amazon was awesome, with GMG doing pretty well for themselves. So far this summer, GMG and Amazon have been really lackluster. Hoping GMG saves some good deals for when Steam starts, or that Steam blows them out of the water.

Damn foil cards, got an Alan wake foil card and last night they were priced at 12$, now they're at 2$ and not even selling, foil cards are maybe not worth enough anymore.
Give me a foil card over a regular every time. They might not be worth what they used to be, but last night when I farmed my Alan Wake cards, I got a Sarah card and a Sarah (Foil) card. Guess which one sold for $0.30 and which one sold for $5.00.

Really excited for the summer sale (mainly because of the Steam Card cash I have sitting in my wallet).  It's kind of nice to have some 'mad money' that I can't use for anything else going in to one of these.

Also, I totally didn't just update my avatar to a better/bigger image in the hopes Jshackles would make me a CAG card.. really, it's just a coincidence... yeah.. coincidence.   :)

oh man, i played Final Fantasy 7 at least 6 times through in my life, but it looks like I will have to play it once more. Must...get...achievements...

But ill wait till 75% off :)

So, winter sale Steam sucked and Amazon was awesome, with GMG doing pretty well for themselves. So far this summer, GMG and Amazon have been really lackluster. Hoping GMG saves some good deals for when Steam starts, or that Steam blows them out of the water.
Yeah. My wallet has been pretty safe due to Amazons "Product Unavailable" and GMG's "server maintenance" every time something I want is on sale. :booty:

There's nothing scary about Alan Wake that you won't see in the very first level. It never gets more intense than that.

I own 37/48 games that have trading cards. I've farmed 34/37 of those games for cards so far. Have not yet got a single foil.
You're not alone; I've gotten cards from most of the games as well and still no foil. I wonder what the percentage chance for a foil is? The people who've gotten multiple foils make me jealous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back