The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Do sales update every day or is it just everything on sale for a week? Are there flash sales? Are there limited quantity sales?
Some things change every year but basically:

Every day at 10AM PST 6 new sales come up. The prices are good for 48 hours
Every 6 (if I am remembering correctly) hours, flash sales come up
Sometimes they have community votes where you choose which game out of a list of 3 will be on sale
Every game on the site (pretty much) is on sale for the entire duration, but will most likely go on a bigger sale if you wait for it to be a daily or a flash

If you were trying to sell a McPixel Hot-Dog Island foil last night I was one of them. Finally sold sometime after I went to bed though
Don't worry, you're safe from my wrath.

Though it is a McPixel foil. The foil card that I'm trying to sell is Cow. Unfortunately, the McPixel foils are moving rather slowly.

Top 5:

1. Ys 1+2

2. Rogue Legacy

3. Torchlight 2

4. Sims 3 and maybe DLC

5. Don't Starve

I'll be a terrible CAG this time around and will bite on Ys and Don't Starve if they hit 66%. Also someone has been buying up mystery cards like crazy. I saw 5 priced at $1.01 disappear in about 10 seconds.

When I become fascist dictator of the world, the first people up against the wall in front of the firing squad are those people who undercut me while I'm trying to sell a foil! Who the hell do these ass holes think they are? Don't they know that I'm the only one allowed to undercut other people?
How dare you interrupt our pontificating on grossly-unrealistic sale expectations with your cardz talk! Commie!

There, I have 10 sets of Mystery cards (yes, a 100 cards). I'm going to be all :D or :( depending what happens in the next two hours ^^

I'm a dude and I have a husband. It's awesome. More dudes should try it. No dealing with periods, no dealing with "but I have a headache".

Did you pick a dude who's the same size as you so you can double your wardrobe?

I'm just hoping to pick up a lot of great indie games. So many I've missed in the past few years.

The indie-game trading thread is here, and each key comes with a free STD. Please help us clean that

obnoxiously noxious nonsense.

Sorry if asked before but what time does the sale start?
Paradox says you missed it:

steam-summersale.jpg

We should start taking bets on what the first set of sale games will be today.

The big names won't come out first, because Steam wants to get people to bite at the 25% and 33% regular sales before seeing the bigger daily cuts.

That only leaves a couple thousand possible games...

I'll guess:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 66%
Fallout Series - 75%
Portal Franchise - 75%
Bioshock 1+2 - 75%
Batman Arkham Games - 75%
And an indie bundle, for good measure

Not even close
529140_4123763854578_431186754_n.jpg

I'm the big guy, 8 inches taller and about 80 pounds heavier.

But oh man, notifications are gonna explode when the sale hits...

I'm happy for you.

And, I'm not gonna lie, that is a sexy man -- dapper, so fresh and so clean clean, and a ridiculously enviable hairline.

My top 5:

1. XCOM

2. Rogue Legacy

3. Dark Souls

4. Witcher 2

5. Fallen Enchantress: LH

Of those, only Dark Souls and Witcher are likely to see 75% off/$7.50 or less, so I'm hoping for something magical with all these cards I've hoarded over the past month.  Either that or some crazy 91% price mistake action!!

Not even close
529140_4123763854578_431186754_n.jpg

I'm the big guy, 8 inches taller and about 80 pounds heavier.

But oh man, notifications are gonna explode when the sale hits...
I gotta admit you got yourself a cute one there! :)

Just sitting here waiting until I have to leave which is right when the sale starts oh boy oh boy ugh i'm excited about a lot of stuff today i'm telling ya. I hope a lot more of the lesser known titles go on sale for quite a bit. I have a little over 90 games on my wishlist and am hoping to clear up maybe half or so of them. The sale usually last about two weeks right? i'll be gone for around a week to a week and a half.

We should start taking bets on what the first set of sale games will be today.

The big names won't come out first, because Steam wants to get people to bite at the 25% and 33% regular sales before seeing the bigger daily cuts.

That only leaves a couple thousand possible games...

I'll guess:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 66%
Fallout Series - 75%
Portal Franchise - 75%
Bioshock 1+2 - 75%
Batman Arkham Games - 75%
And an indie bundle, for good measure
Yeah, this sounds about right for me. Need a couple other mediocre discounts in there, like Orcs Must Die pack for 66% off.

And to those asking, the sale begins when the store crashes.

Free Steam copy of Anomaly Warzone Earth from Bundle Stars. A Facebook account is required. You get a coupon to use on the Bundle Stars site. The Facebook app does not give you a Steam code, so don't just hit the button and throw the coupon, which expires, in a list of keys or something.

Well guys, it's been a fun couple of months but I know how fast this thread moves come the sale so :grouphug: .
So true. It's been nice chatting with you all. We'll see who makes it to the other side. *sheds a single, manly tear*

I try to stay away from dark games. I get bothered easy. Like, The Ring movies gave me nightmares for two days. That's how much of a weenie I am.
Oh, the Hobbits aren't *that* scary!

The title really needs to include "CHECK OP" if there's any Summer Sale info. I don't know, I didn't check OP.

It would be waaay more impactful than the single game-deal that would need to be sacrificed.

I'm hoping for a good deal on the Brother in Arms Pack, Settlers 7, some Shogun 2 DLC's,  Omerta, Another World, Sang-Froid and Final Fantasy 7 and Weird Worlds perhaps. The rest is too new for a sale :)

Hidden gems are less and less common now on Steam.  Any hidden gems are now put through the greenlight system so chances are we have them from an indie bundle and get a steam key or they get announced during the greenlight approval announcements so there's really nothing new to discover out there.

I'm most curious to see how the card market is affected during and after the sale.  If prices bottom out during the sale I might stock up on certain cards to see if I can gouge after the sale is over.  I'm only nice to CAGs. 

My top 5:

1. XCOM
2. Rogue Legacy
3. Dark Souls
4. Witcher 2
5. Fallen Enchantress: LH

Of those, only Dark Souls and Witcher are likely to see 75% off/$7.50 or less, so I'm hoping for something magical with all these cards I've hoarded over the past month. Either that or some crazy 91% price mistake action!!
That's an awesome list. I want Fallen Enchantress too... But I'll wait for winter sale (MSRP drop :D). Got xcom complete from GMG. You should pick that game, is amazing. I'm a fan of the firsts games, and this one keeps the original spirit. 9/10

A gamble is putting $100 on black at the roulette table.

What you are doing is putting $100 into this:

candy-crane-big.jpg
At least with that you are guaranteed to win something.

I was tempted to buy 1 mystery card, just in case, but decided against it. Buying games just for cards is the most of a gamble I'm willing to take.

For me I have way too much that I would be willing to drop coin on, so I'm going to try and restrict my purchases to single games >$3, packs/bundles >$5. That said some of the stuff I'm hoping will be cheap:

VVVVVV
The Binding of Isaac
Starseed Pilgrim
Almost anything from Playfirst
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Gunpoint

Botanicula
BIT.TRIP VOID
Audiosurf
Knights of Pen and Paper +1
Evoland
Monster Loves You!
Terraria
Magical Diary
Rogue Legacy
Don't Starve
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!
The Night of the Rabbit
Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone

So basically a lot of stuff that will/has already turn up in an indie bundle for less, but I guess I've got a type :roll:
You're like my new BFF. we like all the same things. :D

Oh, the Hobbits aren't *that* scary!
Hairy feet scare me.

Play until you win... Sounds like my old Tecmo Super Bowl seasons.

I probably played over 50 Tecmo Super Bowl seasons with friends (multiplayer seasons, fucks yeah) and they always became more difficult as the season progressed.

I think I might be misunderstanding you doe.

1 hour and 45 minutes until the new Humble Weekly sale! That is the sale you're all referring to, right? Right?

Hey guys don't mind me I'm just visiting for the Steam Summer Sale. I hope you don't mind I brought a couple of friends, we should only create 6-7 pages of content every hour asking if we should pull the trigger on X game or wait for a bigger discount later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back