The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So, earlier today I finally decided to take a stand.

I've had a cd stuck in my car's cd player for 2 years.

I pulled it out and took it apart and forcibly removed the cd.

Then I, knowing that I probably wouldn't be able to eject the next cd that goes into it, made the most comprehensive 700 megs of all time to go in its place, thinking it would be the last thing there ever.

I put it back in my car, and it won't even accept a disc.

The mechanism that has fucked ejecting has done the same to accepting, so I need to open it again and carefully insert my perfect mix.

Should be fun.

This isn't a super noteworthy story.

I just think anything that can derail the summer sale is worth posting.
I thought this was leading to you finding a super rare PC game because you were drunk and put it in your car or something.

Pretty sure it's the hard drive. Initially when I restarted it went into "Automatic Repair" mode and would stay on a blank screen forever.

Then I tried a recovery disk and that one freezes to in the middle of the process.

Then I tried popping the HD into an enclosure to at least save my files before a full delete... and that's when I heard the clicking.

Last thing I am going to try is a USB boot drive for Windows 8 (Windows 8 sucks by the way) but pretty sure the drive just failed. Still under warranty, but very annoying.
Well at least you can't blackmail me anymore.

fuck STEAM SALES! Got called into work today, came back to being over 30 pages behind! I have 60 tabs of replies and links open, but I'm finally caught up...now time to spam with large double, neigh, triple posting replies!

Also, I noticed these next to each other in the recently added section of the market, lmao
steam_cards_prices_wtf.PNG

I always thought MulderYuffie was a dude. My mind is blown.
Same! That manly avatar always defaulted to him being either a crazy mechanic living in the outskirts of the south, or a gallant woodsman...cutting down trees...wait a minute! It all makes sense now!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

I heard you can craft a set of Mystery cards to get a coupon for 15% off Bad Rats.
Topic deal bro, gonna load me up on some birthday gifts

But oh man, notifications are gonna explode when the sale hits...
I was underwhelmed, mine were only at 1185 1239 (thank god I didn't comment on the Last Light thread!)

Free Steam copy of Anomaly Warzone Earth from Bundle Stars. A Facebook account is required. You get a coupon to use on the Bundle Stars site. The Facebook app does not give you a Steam code, so don't just hit the button and throw the coupon, which expires, in a list of keys or something.
Damn, was too late...

A gamble is putting $100 on black at the roulette table.

What you are doing is putting $100 into this:

candy-crane-big.jpg
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You can use Steam Achievement Manager to idle in the game so you don't even have to install it. You act like while a game is idling, the only thing you can do is sit there and wait.
Sounds useful for nefarious deeds

Could you explain how to use the Achievement Manager?
I thought this was a Steam cards thread, not an Steam achievements thread

Even knowing that this sale will be full of only tentacles and disappointment, I'm giddy as a schoolgirl.
Tasty

Check your badge page, there's a new Steam Summer Getaway Badge - it appears Mystery Cards fill those slots.
So lame, glad I didn't buy any (sans my 3 from crafting)

Jesus, would it kill them to put Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth at more than 40% off?
Actually yes, Gabe can't swim, hes just slugging around in those photos; the huge influx of cash from these type of sought after games would drown him!

Part 2!

Anyone have any opinions on Afterfall Insanity: Dirty Arena Edition? It came out on May 3rd and is 75% off. It's only 99 cents, which is like selling three cards. Sev hasn't played it yet, so I don't know who to ask...
You really have to ask opinions on sub-$1 games? You're a true CAG!

They Bleed Pixels is 75% off. Any thoughts on it going any lower? I'm guessing not. Might pick it up this evening.
I'm sure its good for a bundle soon enough

"Hey, so everything I know about myself and have seen about Defiance leads me to strongly believe I will hate it and never play it. Should I buy it?"
That's like the CAGiest thought process, you should know this!

In other news, I have a lot of reading to do. Still on page 280. :wall:
This is on page 248...are you John Titor?!

Just woke up and took me a full 45 mins of skimming just to catch up lol. Anyone want to split a Don't Starve 2-pack?
Cry me a river! Took me almost 3 hours!

Cards are fun and profitable.
Not if you're crafting and everyone around you is selling!

If I could unrecommend just one game in my entire life, it would be McPixel.
What kind of sad person are you?

Iron Warriors: T-72 Tank Command - $4.99 $0.49 (90% off)

It can't be that bad for less than two quarters...can it?
SteamGifts Fodder!

WARNING:

If you use a "new" payment method to fund your Steam wallet you will be locked out of the Community Market for a full week. Wow, what total utter BS.

I used paypal to add some Steam Wallet back to my account since I used up most of mine hosting Defiance, and since I had not used paypal as a payment method before, I'm now locked out of the market until next Thursday. Great job Valve. A warning would have been nice then I would have just used my debit or walked across the street to 7/11. And since Valve has such awesome customer service there's nothing I can do about it.
That totally sucks, especially after reading your more recent posts...

Once you run out, you're out. You are eligible to get a booster pack though which is rare.
I still don't understand booster packs!? I mean, I get that you can get them from crafting...but the wording is way to vague in my opinion. It sounds like you get them randomly while logged into Steam, but I doubt that. Seriously, what are the main intended ways to get them?!

Part 3

And be SURE to play it with a controller. For the best responsiveness and ease of play, I use LB for jump and RB for attack.
Bumper buttons for jump and attack?! Are you mad??!!

Sometimes (for me at least), when the sequel is a prequel, I like to play it first, then if I fall in love with the series, going backwards (even if the older games are crappier) is still fun. I think that's what I did with Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, then went back to 1.
AC main games had were never prequels (technically)...so why the comparison?

Metro Last Light for a penny on Best Buy.com :)
Damn, I missed out :whistle2:(

oh, and there is also this :lol:

Diner Date - $2.99 $0.74
Excellent buy for the inevitable time it gets trading cards

Soooo, my question is, if you use garlic to ward off vampires, what do you use to ward off Steam sales? Thanks.
Start chasing the dragon and you'll never care about Steam sales again!

Oh yeah? Well I have it on OUYA, so there!

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!
2. Defiance on sale - yay!
3. Locked out of Community Market - boo.
4. Well I'll just install Defiance and play a game for a change - yay!
5. Defiance is almost done downloading - yay!
6. Metro Last Light for .1 cent - double yay!
7. Hmmm, computer is slowing down a bit - ?
8. Is Bestbuy.com that resource intensive - ?
9. Hmmmm, computer completely frozen - restart?
10. Computer never heard from again... except that clicking sound coming from my hard drive.
Your life is like a fart

Pretty sure it's the hard drive. Initially when I restarted it went into "Automatic Repair" mode and would stay on a blank screen forever.

Then I tried a recovery disk and that one freezes to in the middle of the process.

Then I tried popping the HD into an enclosure to at least save my files before a full delete... and that's when I heard the clicking.
I've been there, my obsession with never having backups and generally hard linking to infinity has gotten me in trouble a few unlearnfromable times. My recent fun came from my main desktop's system drive, it was right after a problem I had with my graphics card (computer would not display upon boot unless off for over an hour, ended up pinpoiting the graphics card overheating as the problem, now I have to manually control my fan). Anyways, my issue was that practically any kind of disk activity would just freeze up my computer (even sometimes booting). Luckily I forsaw the collapse (ie, when I would only be able to boot 5% of the time), and copied it to a new drive. Immediately after, the dreaded click of death.

I HIGHLY suggest trying to back up with clonezilla ASAP, assuming it'll even read at all...

Last thing I am going to try is a USB boot drive for Windows 8 (Windows 8 sucks by the way) but pretty sure the drive just failed. Still under warranty, but very annoying.
HEY, Windows 8 is really amazing (ignoring new metro crap), it is generally a huge improvement over 7 (and thats saying something, since 7 is pretty nifty). I used to hate 8 too, but once I got to using it more (after installing on laptop via technically legit exploit), I began to love it! (still not digging metro of course, but whatever)

I just use an AIO called Tune Up Utilities, which was recently bought by AVG. It's a general fix-it type of program that runs drive and registry defrags, checks your drives for errors, recovers files, and cleans your computer every so often. It has what's called a "Turbo Mode" which turns off just about everything except essential programs, but you can customize it and choose which additional programs to leave on. I've tried other programs with names like eBooster, TurboBooster, something that IGN recommended a few years back, and I had BSOD'ing issues. I've used this one for 4 years on the same computer without having any problems or needing to replace anything. I use it on my old 2007 laptop with a 2ghz Core 2 Duo and 4GB DDR2 RAM, and I'm on the desktop in 23 seconds.
Best fix it everything tool is Hiren's BootCD (HEY MODS, its legit! Just not the "restored" versions). It has a learning curve, but pretty much anything for any situation that you'd need is in there, and much runnable from within Windows.

Considering Scribblenauts, but I could see it ending up in a humble weekly.

Wait so you can get steam trade cards by idling in games? Sorry been out of the loop for awhile. Havent been playng pc in like a month or so.

So if i leave my scribblenauts unlimited game on overnight, il get some cards in the morning?

So, earlier today I finally decided to take a stand.

I've had a cd stuck in my car's cd player for 2 years.

I pulled it out and took it apart and forcibly removed the cd.

Then I, knowing that I probably wouldn't be able to eject the next cd that goes into it, made the most comprehensive 700 megs of all time to go in its place, thinking it would be the last thing there ever.

I put it back in my car, and it won't even accept a disc.

The mechanism that has fucked ejecting has done the same to accepting, so I need to open it again and carefully insert my perfect mix.

Should be fun.

This isn't a super noteworthy story.

I just think anything that can derail the summer sale is worth posting.
I tried to compile the best cd ever for a friend of mine (lucky him and his ability to play mp3 discs!)...couldn't get it down past 2 cds! But damn was it an epic set of music.

On the topic of stuck shit, I had a fun time a while back. I use a tape converter for my car (+ subs, which makes things fun at times with all the cords I have everywhere), and the eject broke on my deck...wasn't a problem until the rubber band on the tape advancing pulleys deteriorated and it refused to accept that there could possibly be a tape in the drive!

I have like 14 hard drives lying around, x1 256 GB SSD (love this thing), got a replacement 256GB SSD for when this one dies, got a 128GB SSD lying around i gotta throw in my laptop but im lazy, x3 Internal x1TB 7200rpm hard drives (all full), x3 3TB USB 3.0 external drives for my PC, x3 1 TB externals (for my consoles), and 1 random 2TB drive I got for $50 after rebate.

Of all the hard drives I have ever owned, 2 were sent defective. A 1TB WD green drive (hate these drives) crapped out on me after about a month, I think it was defective to begin with. And on my first intel duel core build, the 128gb WD drive that was in pc eventually started clicking and eventually died.

I usually end up selling my older machines after 2-3 years, is hard drive failure a common thing? I've had more RAM sticks and power supplies die on me then I have hard drives straight up die.
I've got 9 drives (3x 2TB, 4x 1.5TB, 1x 1TB, and 1x 500GB), in a briefcase for super awesome easy transporting, 3 in my desktop (2x 2TB and 1x 160GB drives) and 2 external at my desktop (1x 2TB, 1x 400GB), laptop has a 320GB, MediaPC has 1x 160GB internal, 1x 500GB external, and 1x 160GB external. Then I have my old portable hdd setup (which I don't use anymore due to being all old IDE) which equate to a few TBs. And all thats not counting g/f's laptop/desktop, or all my many...MANY old hard drivers from yesteryear laying around...

EDIT: Oh, forgot your whole point, lol. Of those, I've had 2 die from the click, a few that I never trusted enough to let die, and several that were STUPIDLY either accidentally formatted or had their partition tables messed with by my own hand...

Wait so you can get steam trade cards by idling in games? Sorry been out of the loop for awhile. Havent been playng pc in like a month or so.

So if i leave my scribblenauts unlimited game on overnight, il get some cards in the morning?
use steam achievement maanger, pick scribblenauts and itll idle for you without even launching the game therefore there won't be any load on your PC or hardware or whatever.

use steam achievement maanger, pick scribblenauts and itll idle for you without even launching the game therefore there won't be any load on your PC or hardware or whatever.

Is that a third party program? can i get banned or something for using it? If it will id rather not risk it

Bumper buttons for jump and attack?! Are you mad??!!

AC main games had were never prequels (technically)...so why the comparison?
Comes from playing platformer shooters and the Armored Core series. Allows you can use both sticks without needing to take your right thumb off the right stick to jump. Not really needed for TBP, but I still find the crisp "click" of the LB/RB buttons to be a very responsive way to play. Don't knock it before you try it!

I guess I just meant I played the later games first, then rolled back to the first one and still enjoyed it (even though many hate it). Didn't really apply to my "prequel" point, I guess.

Is that a third party program? can i get banned or something for using it? If it will id rather not risk it
As pepsi said, as long as you don't use it to tamper with your achievements, all it does is tell Steam you have the game open. It's super easy to use, and it's the easiest way to idle for cards, so do it already :twisted:

Comes from playing platformer shooters and the Armored Core series. Allows you can use both sticks without needing to take your right thumb off the right stick to jump. Not really needed for TBP, but I still find the crisp "click" of the LB/RB buttons to be a very responsive way to play. Don't knock it before you try it!
Hmm, ya, for games games that require the right stick for shooting and such, I guess that would be pretty beneficial. I've just gotten used to needing to master lightning thumbs.

I guess I just meant I played the later games first, then rolled back to the first one and still enjoyed it (even though many hate it). Didn't really apply to my "prequel" point, I guess.
Ya, was gonna say. For a minute, I was like, wtf AC games have you been playing? But either way, ya, AC1 is great, but I really can't imagine enjoying it AFTER the sequels (not that its bad, from from it, just the change to more limited mechanics).

Nyahaha! Il look into the program again. Wont really be aiming for achievements anyway just want some trade cards plus the only game i play now that has vac is team fortress 2.

Half-Minute Hero is finally $2.75. Bought it full price when it was new on PSP and enjoyed it. Going to pick it up again.

Just voted in my third Community Choice and got the Bioshock Infinite Summer Getaway trading card almost instantly.

If Scribblenauts is gonna be in a humble weekly, than so is Batman: Arkham City.

It's worth MORE than 5$. I paid more. (2$ more)
I suppose it's not as likely being a Warner Bros.-published game, but I thought it might happen since there were Telltale and THQ bundles. Oh well, I think you've convinced me to drop $4.24 on it at Amazon

Has anyone played Wanderlust: Rebirth in single player mode? Any fun. Current sale price is $2.49 (75% off)
I'm 20 pages behind but my short answer is no.

It's barely any fun in co-op, and single player is just... a bit dull.

I might have a spare copy lying around, send me a PM.

Question about cards: I found my old account and enabled guard, will I be able to trade cards (after 15 days) to main account if I use it to farm card from votes or does it require purchase made in last year?

Why does the countdown for the daily deals say just under 7.5 hrs left, but on the game store pages it says 31.5hrs left?

Question about cards: I found my old account and enabled guard, will I be able to trade cards (after 15 days) to main account if I use it to farm card from votes or does it require purchase made in last year?
i believe the account just needs to be Steam level 5 so it can get the cards from voting

Why does the countdown for the daily deals say just under 7.5 hrs left, but on the game store pages it says 31.5hrs left?
Beginning a sale or two ago, Steam started letting the daily deals overlap. A new set of dailies will appear on the front page and the old set will remain available for one more day. .

Night? 

I say Good morning, its a nice time to start the day. If i had the chance i would sneak up behind a rooster and attach a small guitar and elvis wig to it and wait til sunrise. 

But alas, this isn't possible.

I like how everything is now card games, ridiculous. There aren't even any motorcycles involved. Yet i see valve has dangled another carrot in-front of people. I joke how that map that is behind everything leads to prototype copies of half life 3.

Its interesting about the card stuff though, its like achievements for achievements who want to pay for achievements. I got my totem ready, you want to know what it is? A prinny.

A nice set of sales though, i hear good things about don't starve. From what i get it's a survival game, it's an interesting genre. At least it's one that treats the players like critical thinking beings. I know i would like to try that survival game that the people from garry's mod are working on.

That's pretty much all i have got at the moment, what do you want from me.

got my first Summer Sale card for spending $10+ and it's Torchlight.

sadly i can't use the market until Sunday though to get rid of my dupes from other games :/

Boo, BB refunded my Metro LL PayPal purchase and cancelled my order :(  Time to hit the up trade thread for some 50,000% markup offers.  And even worse, I have to leave for work now, so when I get back I'll be 100 pages behind in this thread...

Cards = free money for games. Since the sales aren't a whole lot to ooh and ahh about, making money back off cards, buying games for money you made off cards, etc, has become the new thing.

There are also cases where cards sometimes pay for the game completely. Me and two others bought a certain new game and actually made $1+ off selling the cards, over the price of buying the game.

I'm sure the card talk is annoying to those who don't know much about the system and don't wanna bother, but the usefulness is undeniable.

Boo, BB refunded my Metro LL PayPal purchase and cancelled my order :( Time to hit the up trade thread for some 50,000% markup offers. And even worse, I have to leave for work now, so when I get back I'll be 100 pages behind in this thread...
They cancelled one of mine, while the others hang in limbo...

Also, has nothing to do with what you said, but I just sold my Mars Logs foil for $10.43. Stoked about that.

Cards = free money for games. Since the sales aren't a whole lot to ooh and ahh about, making money back off cards, buying games for money you made off cards, etc, has become the new thing.

There are also cases where cards sometimes pay for the game completely. Me and two others bought a certain new game and actually made $1+ off selling the cards, over the price of buying the game.

I'm sure the card talk is annoying to those who don't know much about the system and don't wanna bother, but the usefulness is undeniable.
I don't know if it has been discussed, but your avatar.

Why it may cause discomfort for some, i see potential.

Or a really interesting night and story afterwards.

sr3 is right on my purchase line but i tend to hate sandboxy games unless the narrative is storng (dislike dead rising dead island) (like shenmue some gta and borderline sandbox games like la noire)

what say cag yay or nay

sr3 is right on my purchase line but i tend to hate sandboxy games unless the narrative is storng (dislike dead rising dead island) (like shenmue some gta and borderline sandbox games like la noire)

what say cag yay or nay
I think a good deal of it would depend on whether or not SR's humor "clicks" with you. It's very similar to GTA (which you indicate you like "some"), so it's possible.

SR3 does have a story as well as specific, narrative missions. Everything is completely over the top.

If that sounds good to you, then you'll probably like it. I loved it, personally.

Concerning the DLC: the Season Pass is all you really need. The rest is pretty much cosmetic. But I do see the Full Package bundle is only a few bucks more and is cheaper than buying the game and Season Pass a la carte and it leaves out the undesirable DLC like the Unlockable and Bloodsucker packs.

what say cag yay or nay
Playing all the SR games, i find they pulled a san andreas -> GTA IV. There was a bit more content in SR2 then 3. The game is ridiculous, the story is not to be taken seriously and the only multiplayer is co op.

Potential Spoilers

You kill people with a shark gun, you can faceplant someone and lay down and appreciate the moment with them. Dispite what people say about kayne west you jump out of a plane onto a giant condo party to deliver large kickass with pepperoni and sausage while the song "power" plays in your head. A FREAKING SHARK GUN, IT SHOOTS CHUM AT PEOPLE, THEN STREET SHARKS,

its on you.

what say cag yay or nay
My quick synopsis:

Saints Row: The Third = National Lampoons Grand Theft Auto

So earlier this week, I was like there's no way their going to discount Brave new world that much right, might as well buy it full price on tuesday. lesson learned Gabe, lesson learned.

Any of you guys recommend Clive Barker's Jericho now that it's 75% off?

Any of you guys recommend Clive Barker's Jericho now that it's 75% off?
I played it on 360 as a rental, when it first came out. Thought it was a pretty fun game and just overall decent but for 1.24$ you could do far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back