The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience is if you try to uninstall multiple games at once you end up in an endless loop and you have to restart Steam.  Best method is to uninstall one at a time, let it finish, and move on to the next. 

I've never had an uninstall take more than a few seconds. Installation is always slow, though. "Hey, do you have DirectX installed from any of your other hundreds of games? Oh, you do? Well, I'll install it anyway just to be safe."

I was about to buy GTA4 until I saw that it has 3 layers of DRM not including Steam. Stack that nonsense on a buggy port and I think I'll pass.
Consider using XLiveLess.

Does anyone know why it takes so long to uninstall games on steam? I have 5 windows up on my desktop uninstalling games and demos I don't play.

Is there a faster way to uninstall games? Can I just delete the files in my steam directory or will that mess something up?
I wouldn't recommend uninstalling more than one thing at a time. If you're having issues, restart Steam and try again.
Deleting the folders directly would most likely make your registry a mess, but that's kind of a moot point if you plan on reinstalling the game(s) in the future.

I was about to buy GTA4 until I saw that it has 3 layers of DRM not including Steam. Stack that nonsense on a buggy port and I think I'll pass.
Yeah, multiple layers of DRM is annoying - especially on Steam-Versions of games.

G4WL + RSC + Securom = freaking annoying.

If worst comes to worst, once you finish the download from Steam and all of that jazz, you can boot the game w/out Steam running in the background.

You can close Steam and boot the game right from My Computer/Windows Explorer and go the game-folder w/ its EXE, run that, and it'll just skip booting Steam entirely.

To make it easier - you can make a shortcut directly from that EXE file, if you'd like - so it skips a Steam forced-boot (unlike if you told game to create a shortcut w/in Steam program).

This is true w/ some G4WL-required games -> i.e. GTA4 + EFLC; RF:G; and FO3.

(On the other hand, this is NOT true w/ Dark Souls: PTD, though - that games always forces Steam + G4WL at all times.)

EDIT:

Though, while Steam is still in service, working, and online - don't know why you'd wanna run a game w/out Steam running in the background. Even for Non-Steam games, I always have Steam running in the background - since everybody and their cousin uses Steam.

You don't need RSC if you're not going to play online, and GFWL isn't too bad, but it's still a bad port and just not very much fun.

Probably best to leave that to a medical professional.

Sincerely, Dr Sacksquash

Dr. Sacksquash reminds me of this old standby:

chin_nuts1.gif

This is the only reason I've avoided a lot of Rockstar stuff on PC. I don't mind any one particular DRM or service, but when I have to log in to accounts within accounts within games, I have very little patience for that. Like if I already logged into Steam or Origin or Uplay, why make me sign in to GFWL or Rockstar Social Club or whatever? That's the only annoyance, mostly because I hate remembering new passwords. I already have a million accounts online, don't need anymore for particular games. (Stellar Impact I am looking at you).
Keep in mind - most companies will take their ORIGINAL Non-Steam Version of the game...and then just LAZILY just throw Steam-wrapped DRM on top.

I know, it's annoying as HELL - b/c in the Steam-Version, now you would stuck w/ both any Non-Steam DRM + Steam DRM.

Any of that Securom DRM, Tages DRM crap - that DRM-check crap should be DISABLED in the Steam-version.

Steam does a fine job w/ DRM.

About companies using G4WL - that's laziness & saving money on development. I bet they do it b/c it's a Microsoft account - those G4WL accounts also double as XBL stuff; so the dev's ain't gotta probably do a hell of a lot to make the Net-code work and that M$ Achievements stuff when making a game for both XBox platform and PC platform.

I'm the same way. Show me the savings. All things being equal (price) I will usually choose Steam, DRM-Free on Amazon, DRM-Free on Gamersgate, and then whatever. Of course anything I am backlogging I will just wait until it hits my price at my preferred service, but play now stuff I am flexible. Grabbed a dirt cheap Blood Dragon on UPlay because nobody wanted it. It still hasn't hit that price on Steam.

Yeah, people seem to be very particular about the client they use. Blood Dragon code for UPlay has been available for really cheap due to the AMD GPU giveaway. But everyone would rather pay a few dollars more for the steam version.

As an aside, I enjoyed Blood Dragon more than FC3 lol.

You don't need RSC if you're not going to play online, and GFWL isn't too bad, but it's still a bad port and just not very much fun.
RSC and G4WL is redundant.

They're both similar, anyways (with the in-game in-and-out hotbar) - except RSC always worked MUCH better than G4WL.

Which really ain't saying a hell of a lot here, either. ;)

Problem w/ G4WL - some games using G4WL have had issues w/ saves corrupting, disappearing, and other nonsense.

Luckily, I ain't been through any of that garbage.

{knocks on wood}

I'm trying this SAM thing.  If it doesn't work perfectly, I'm blaming everyone here.

As long as I'm threatening you all: I just run SAM, open the subwindows for a game's achievements and then let it sit?  I've never used SAM prior to five minutes ago.

You just have to run the game and let it sit in the main menu until you get your drops.

Or use SAM like everyone else in here :p

I'm trying this SAM thing. If it doesn't work perfectly, I'm blaming everyone here.

As long as I'm threatening you all: I just run SAM, open the subwindows for a game's achievements and then let it sit? I've never used SAM prior to five minutes ago.

edited my post nvm re read post i understand it little better now

forgive my ignorance but is sam "steam achievement manger an if it is how does that help you get the cards?
Yes it is! And it helps by making Steam think you're running the game. The cards drop at random intervals and aren't tied to achievements or anything, you just have to sit and wait. Plus SAM lets you do it with multiple games at once and doesn't bog down your computer

I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one here actually enjoying playing my backlog to get cardz. I wouldn't have played 90% of these games just sitting in my library if it weren't for cardz and I'm actually enjoying some of them.

My backlog is shrinking, I have no played at least 20% of the games I own :)

I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one here actually enjoying playing my backlog to get cardz. I wouldn't have played 90% of these games just sitting in my library if it weren't for cardz and I'm actually enjoying some of them.
I enjoyed some of the little indie titles (Fairie Solitaire, Triple Town) but I've already played Civ V, Skyrim, BSI and SRTT and don't have immediate plans to revisit them.

imo full pack. VC & SA are a riot... I love their settings, and are more fun imo. GTA4 takes it's self way too seriously. Reportedly Gay Tony is good. I still haven't played GTA3.
VC was awesome. That's my favorite GTA, actually - I love the 80's vibe, music, personality, their take on Miami; game reminded me a lot of Scarface (De Palma movie) and Miami Vice TV series - ugh, everything about that game feels like the template for making a GTA game - with giving the lead character a voice; actually giving a GTA game an awesome story; and it introduced bikes into the series too. Oh, and it actually ran better than GTA3 on my SAME exact PC, at that time!

SA was really good, but for some reason - I actually never finished it!

Probably b/c of my typical GTA problems - finds a mission is tough; runs away from game for a while; Lord knows when I return to the game.

Ballad of Gay Tony is the most fun that I've had w/ a GTA game since Vice City. Actually, Ballad is the closest to VC, in a long time, IMHO - that's in terms of gameplay, funniness, and actual ridiculous-ness, which was something I thought GTA4 lacked.

Don't get me wrong - I really dug GTA4 and thought it was awesome. It's just...VC is my favorite GTA game...by far.

For some reason - I still ain't touched TLATD.

I've been playing a bunch of them too. Especially when they first started with the Trading Cards and trickled out a few each week. However, this week they've released far more than I can keep up with.

Now this is just my opinion, I loved SR3, but grew tired/bored of GTA. I don't know what it was, I just couldn't get into the game itself and I've played them since their inception. I'd drive around, kill people, etc., but the missions just did nothing for me. I think the over the top nature of SR3 is what hooked me, even though they are of a similar genre/gameplay. Sleeping Dogs is unfortunately still in my backlog.
I think that's what I liked about SR3 and GTA4 - they are both so different, for those open-world crime-action games.

SR3 was just plain funny, bonkers and ridiculous in every single way; while GTA4 was so grounded and much more serious.

Of course - like I said, GTA: VC is still my favorite GTA.

I don't need every game to be the SAME.

About that awesome Sleeping Dogs game - that's just NOT a game anyone should have in their backlog. Yes, it is THAT awesome, IMHO.

Same here, made a small dent in the backlog when it was a handful of games at time and enjoyed some of them enough to gift to friends, but with the recent onslaught, well let's just say...SAM ;)

Had to give myself a little reality check on a few games I was close to buying:

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - still haven't played the first

Surgeon Simulator - not 75% off. looks like a one time play.

Anno 2070 - still not 75% off... still has Tages

Not sure about the current vote. I guess I'll go Shogun 2. I think there might be a few pieces of DLC I could use.
Yeah. no crap - I have Sniper: GW1; ain't even touched that!!

I've been playing them all too, and it has also been great for digging into the backlog. That said I wish I could go against myself and use SAM since there are just so many freaking cards to get now. Too many games to play :whee:

Finally played through Hotline Miami while idling in a bunch of other games, and damn does it have some great music. Now, excuse me while i go vomit from the motion sickness.

I just looked into the Steam Achievement Manager tool folks have been talking about here, and I kinda don't care how useful it is. What the hell is with this "This server is not run by faggots" crap?! I don't know if it's some kind of bizarre internet humor, but I don't want to download anything from this kind of douchebag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back