The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW can I get a CAG view on Mars War Logs? I will likely pass cause it seems like indie bundle type stuff, but I'm curious about it.
It's already been in an Amazon indie bundle, so I would pass on it.. I'm probably one of the only few (or only one) here that has finished it, but I can say that I liked it. I'd recommend it at $5, but not $10.

I remember playing Tomb Raider 1 and 2 and a demo of 3....didn't play much of the rest of the games. They were clunky back in the day and i'm sure that has escalated to extremes now compared to today's games. They might be cheap, but yeah I'll just keep those games in my memories.

Not even tempted for the Tomb Raider glitch. I feel like I've had 15 years to play some of those and never did... so why now?
If you own them already somewhere (Retail, Steam, GOG, etc) - well, that's one thing.

But, I been missing all the old Core-developed TR's!

I just couldn't resist that 91% price-point for classic TR's 1-6.

Hehe, even Mars: War Logs got cards...
It's had cards for a while, idiot has been playing the foil market these past few days >.>

wow Incredipide is up for voting on the community's choice poll, 80% off which would make the game only $2... too bad it probably won't get picked
Heck yes, please vote for Incredipede everybody, I'd buy the crap outta that for $2.
And I thought I was the only one who'd go for that. Another vote over here, not that it will win, but at least I'm actually voting for a deal I'd buy ;)

So, okay - what are the SP-based TR 2013 DLC's?

Tomb of the Lost Adventurer looks like one of them.

Are there any more?
I'm pretty sure there is no SP DLC.

Anyone interested in RPG Maker 4-pack? 17.85 each? I don't want to buy it unless I find 3 other people

EDIT: I bought a copy from another CAG!

It's had cards for a while, idiot has been playing the foil market these past few days >.>

And I thought I was the only one who'd go for that. Another vote over here, not that it will win, but at least I'm actually voting for a deal I'd buy ;)

I'm pretty sure there is no SP DLC.
Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is tagged as SP Map:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208812/

Was that maybe a pre-order bonus or something?

{shrug}

Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is tagged as SP DLC.

Was that maybe a pre-order bonus or something?

{shrug}
yep:

The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is an optional tomb available to those who first pre-ordered Tomb Raider at Electronics Boutique or GameStop. Once the 95.1 MB DLC is installed on your system, you will have the option to enter this tomb in the Coastal Forest after Lara retrieves the Makeshift Bow and Pry Axe. Having the Firestriker, Shotgun, and Grenade Launcher will allow Lara to access more salvage and supply containers as well.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/tomb-raider/Tomb_of_the_Lost_Adventurer_(DLC)

All the "hidden" tombs in Tomb Raider were too easy. I wouldn't pay extra for another one that is probably the easiest of the bunch. You won't need the extra salvage or xp to unlock everything in the game either.

Grabbed Tomb Raider I-VI plus Underworld. Dunno if I will ever get around to playing the first ones, but 80c was worth it to upgrade my boxed version of Underworld.

I'll bite on 91% off the old Tomb Raider games. I've got a few on my PS1, but not all.

Honestly, though, this is the price they should have been all along. 

it felt like i was doing a groupees build a bundle. 8 games for 5 bucks and change? sure, why the heck not. now i just have to pretend the proceeds are going to charity :)

For the CAG'ers who are keeping track of your purchases across Steam, Desura, Amazon, GMG, Gamefly, etc what are you using?  I am leaning toward using a spreadsheet hosted in Skydrive.

So I realize they are ridiculously cheap, probably price mistake cheap, and that I should jump on them now, but has anyone actually played the older TR games anytime recent? The screenshots look pretty bad, and the controls for older games like this are typically....not so good. Any feedback before I pass on them?

I'll bite on 91% off the old Tomb Raider games. I've got a few on my PS1, but not all.

Honestly, though, this is the price they should have been all along.
I bought all the Tomb Raider games too, except for Legend which is only 75% off and Tomb Raider (2013) which I already own

Is Might and Magic Heroes 6 worth it though is the question. o.o
I went ahead and bought it with a the gooncave code for 14.i figured I'd at the least get a few hrs of entertainment out of it if nothing else lol. Loved the old ones I'll gamble

So I realize they are ridiculously cheap, probably price mistake cheap, and that I should jump on them now, but has anyone actually played the older TR games anytime recent? The screenshots look pretty bad, and the controls for older games like this are typically....not so good. Any feedback before I pass on them?
They're re-releases of the GOG versions, so they've been updated for modern computers, modern resolutions, and (I believe) controller support. I played the GOG version of the 2nd one recently. It didn't hold up too well graphically but still has a good story and was pretty fun. For under $4 on the price mistake I went ahead and picked them all up. VI is probably the best graphically (it was a PS2 game) but the worst overall for game play (it's a stealth game).

EDIT: Here is a guide for better controller configuration on these.

sqrl jus jelos
diy-jello-lip-stain.jpg

It's impossible to buy anything on the market again. Which has caused all the noobs to list their items at an unnecessarily low price. Which will only accelerate the price decline for each card.

EDIT: I was typing this post before Blade posted his comment above. But it serves perfectly as a response.

It's impossible to buy anything on the market again. Which has caused all the noobs to list their items at an unnecessarily low price. Which will only accelerate the price decline for each card.

EDIT: I was typing this post before Blade posted his comment above. But it serves perfectly as a response.
I know, there's a foil for TWD priced at 19 cents. :( There should be an age restriction to selling cards.

The prices will continue to decline until they stabilize at what the cards are actually worth. The lowballs sellers are not "noobs"; they're just undercutting everyone. Welcome to the free market.

i·ron·i·cal·ly

Used to denote a paradoxical, unexpected, or coincidental situation.

</google major>
That is why I Bing everything.

The words ironic, irony, and ironically are sometimes used of events and circumstances that might better be described as simply "coincidental" or "improbable," in that they suggest no particular lessons about human vanity or folly. Thus 78 percent of the Usage Panel rejects the use of ironically in the sentence In 1969 Susie moved from Ithaca to California where she met her husband-to-be, who, ironically, also came from upstate New York. Some Panelists noted that this particular usage might be acceptable if Susie had in fact moved to California in order to find a husband, in which case the story could be taken as exemplifying the folly of supposing that we can know what fate has in store for us. By contrast, 73 percent accepted the sentenceIronically, even as the government was fulminating against American policy, American jeans and videocassettes were the hottest items in the stalls of the market, where the incongruity can be seen as an example of human inconsistency.

i·ron·i·cal·ly

Used to denote a paradoxical, unexpected, or coincidental situation.

</google major>
I don't know where that definition came from, but irony is *not* a synonym for coincidence. There are several meanings of irony, but the closest to "coincidence" is situational irony -- where the audience is aware of greater implications of the coincidence. A simple coincidence, like the card situation described above, is not irony.

I don't know where that definition came from, but irony is *not* a synonym for coincidence. There are several meanings of irony, but the closest to "coincidence" is situational irony -- where the audience is aware of greater implications of the coincidence. A simple coincidence, like the card situation described above, is not irony.
I don't understand what you just said, but I liked your post anyway.

English majors locking this shit down. High five!

Thanks Buzz Killington.

I don't understand what you just said, but I liked your post anyway.
How ironic!

I have an extra copy of borderlands 2, It's in the form of product keycode. Willing to trade if for a game in the steam sale, Looking for Brutal Legend, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon or Dust: An Elysian Tail, other offers welcome. I also have VVVVV, Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus®, The Wonderful End of the World,I'm willing to trade as well. Make me an offer

That is why I Bing everything.
Good examples, especially the one about Susie. Irony is deeply rooted in context and expectations. So by elaborating on a situation we can create irony out of it. For example:

Psydero was assured after contacting Steam support, that he would not receive a Tomb Raider card from purchasing Tomb Raider games. Gabe Newell contacted him directly, and assured him that Tomb Raider cards would not be dropped from purchasing $10 worth of Tomb Raider games. It was an impossibility.

Psydero was dying for a Tomb Raider card. So before purchasing the game, he idled for every card drop in his other games. He crafted every badge possible. He bought hundreds of dollars of other games --far more than he intended to spend this sale-- to get that card. Nothing. The very last day of the Summer Sale Psydero broke down and bought the Tomb Raider pack... and that drop gave him a Tomb Raider card.

Same coincidence, but the specifics of the situation are what make it ironic, not the coincidence itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back