The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Depressing to go from scouring the beautiful affordability of the steam sale to, yet again, looking for a decent controller to use. Don't like my PS3 controller for PC anymore and the Microsoft ones are so stupid expensive. If someone made a good XInput supported PC controller for like $20, they could have all my babies forever until the end of time.
Not sure what you're on about with the 360 controller; they're literally the same price as the Dualshock 3. You can always buy a used, wired 360 controller for about $20 on Amazon.

Edit: My 360 controllers have held up /far/ better than my friends dualshock 3's that are the same age. My own dualshock 3 is feeling pretty sloppy already, but is only about a year old whereas my 360 controllers are all 3-4 years old.

If any of you are thinking of getting a controller receiver for your xbox 360 wireless to play on your pc, i would suggest getting one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370777929957&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

it looks like he is selling the dongles that came with the pack that were usually including the controller with dongle, but he is just selling the dongle.  definitely better than getting one of the cheap chinese versions that tend to die.

heck, i am considering getting a backup 

Not sure what you're on about with the 360 controller; they're literally the same price as the Dualshock 3. You can always buy a used, wired 360 controller for about $20 on Amazon.

Edit: My 360 controllers have held up /far/ better than my friends dualshock 3's that are the same age. My own dualshock 3 is feeling pretty sloppy already, but is only about a year old whereas my 360 controllers are all 3-4 years old.
I wasn't making a PS3 vs. Xbox 360 comment anywhere. If you'll notice, I said I was tired of using a PS3 controller. Wasn't saying they were better anywhere. So lets just head the console war stuff off at the pass. That's a waste of everyone's time.

BTW: The very cheapest used Xbox 360 controller on Amazon wired is $28 from some shady third party.

Link me to this official controller for $20. I can't find it.

Even the knock off one's aren't $20.

EDIT: Question for you guys. I have a old 360 controller that doesn't charge but will work if it's plugged into a charge cable. Can I just buy a charge cable and use it like a wired controller? I'm assuming you can't but worth asking.

If any of you are thinking of getting a controller receiver for your xbox 360 wireless to play on your pc, i would suggest getting one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370777929957&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

it looks like he is selling the dongles that came with the pack that were usually including the controller with dongle, but he is just selling the dongle. definitely better than getting one of the cheap chinese versions that tend to die.

heck, i am considering getting a backup
Any of the Wireless 360 Controllers for Windows will come bundled with the dongle. You can often find them for about $40 on Amazon which is a pretty decent deal for controller + dongle.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B004QRKWKQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373746723&sr=8-2&keywords=wireless+for+windows

I wasn't making a PS3 vs. Xbox 360 comment anywhere. If you'll notice, I said I was tired of using a PS3 controller. Wasn't saying they were better anywhere. So lets just head the console war stuff off at the pass. That's a waste of everyone's time.

BTW: The very cheapest used Xbox 360 controller on Amazon wired is $28 from some shady third party.
Logitech F310 - $20 (wired, no rumble) They are built solidly (similar to RumblePad 2). It supports Xinput natively (no software required), there's also a switch on the bottom to put it in DirectInput mode for all your pre-360 controller needs. I own a F510 (F310+rumble, EOL'd) & DS3.

I really want RE6 (playing RE5 right now to warm up), but idk cause for 50% off @ $19.99 might be just a tad much.

Has it ever been lower? Should i wait a few more days or just knuckle up and lay down the cash??

How long ago? And is it a Official 360 controller? Becuase Gamestop sells their own brand.

According to Gamestop.com pre-owned wired is 32.99.
It's a MadCatz 4716 and I bought a year ago or so, I don't see that exact model on their website anymore, the one they have now for 22 has what looks like extra padding on the sides. I'm not a serious gamer, I just couldn't play the Assassins Creed or Batman games with the keyboard so went and grabbed whatever they had for used.

EDIT: Question for you guys. I have a old 360 controller that doesn't charge but will work if it's plugged into a charge cable. Can I just buy a charge cable and use it like a wired controller? I'm assuming you can't but worth asking.
You can't. That was the first thing I tried to do when I got my first Xbox with a P&C kit and while it will make the PC bing as if a device is connected, it doesn't control anything. Lame.

I bought an official wired X360 pad used and the buttons/sticks were what failed, it developed an internal break in the wiring itself at the pad connection. Suckage. Had to buy another one. I've had three Xbox 360s (original one, 2nd one for home, an Elite upgrade) and none of those pads ever failed or degraded. The only bad thing was the mushy D-pad that was the one weak part of a great design.

Logitech F310 - $20 (wired, no rumble) They are built solidly (similar to RumblePad 2). It supports Xinput natively (no software required), there's also a switch on the bottom to put it in DirectInput mode for all your pre-360 controller needs. I own a F510 (F310+rumble, EOL'd) & DS3.
Nice. I'll have to go to Walmart later and see if they have any in stock and if not Amazon has it for the same price with Prime.

I use a wired 360, got best Buy to match a Newegg deal and got it for around $30. I was using Dualshock 3 before that, worked fine except for the rumble in Kingdoms of Amalur didn't work. I wanted the buttons to match the screen so I sprung for the 360 pad. It has worked fine, the d-pad is shit and one of the sticks gets stuck off-center, but that only causes problems in games with no deadzone, Dishonored is the only one I've noticed. My guy would constantly be drifting to the left cause the stick didn't go back to 100% center.

For the CAG'ers who are keeping track of your purchases across Steam, Desura, Amazon, GMG, Gamefly, etc what are you using? I am leaning toward using a spreadsheet hosted in Skydrive.
MS Access database. More better than my previous SS attempts.

Only if they're foils. :speaktothehand:
Aluminum+foil.jpg

I really want RE6 (playing RE5 right now to warm up), but idk cause for 50% off @ $19.99 might be just a tad much.

Has it ever been lower? Should i wait a few more days or just knuckle up and lay down the cash??
It was $18 after voucher from GMG the other week.

So, I'm idling Stellar Impact in the background and the menu music/sounds make me feel like I should be meditating.  Very relaxing, I kinda dig it.  Reminds me of the movie Solaris (2002).

Damn, where's a good place to look for card trades? I have some duplicates and no friends with the ones I need. Trying to exchange this Tomb Raider card. And now a Hitman one too. Been getting lots of doubles.

Wireless controllers also have a separate holder for two AA batteries, which snaps on the back (same size as the rechargeable play n charge battery). At least it comes with the controller if you bought it new. Used, might not be included.

Damn, where's a good place to look for card trades? I have some duplicates and no friends with the ones I need. Trying to exchange this Tomb Raider card. And now a Hitman one too. Been getting lots of doubles.
Any reason we can't trade them in the Steam Group Buy thread. I'll likely want to dump my dupes as well, though I'm still in the process of idling to collect all my cards.

Does anyone have a link to that bioshock postcard background that they had on the main steam site on the first day? I thought I had saved it but now I can't find it anywhere.

I've never played the Darksiders franchise. Do I pick up 1 and 2? Or, are they similar enough to skip the first? What about the story??! So many questions....

Please advise.

What's ironic is how few of her examples of irony are ironic. Isn't that ironic?
Your last sentence made me think of this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VoscbQA3lM[/youtube]

And yes, irony has three or more definitions, so don't you dare continue arguing over something stupid. :razz:

I've never played the Darksiders franchise. Do I pick up 1 and 2? Or, are they similar enough to skip the first? What about the story??! So many questions....

Please advise.
I definitely recommend playing them in order for the story. 2 takes place during 1, but will make no sense unless you've played 1 already. 2 pretty much jumps eit into the story and expects you to know the what happened in one, because if you don't you won't know what/why you're doing everything.

Please advise.
I haven't played 1 yet, and I can say the story makes enough sense that I was able to follow 2.

That being said, I have heard good things about the first game and fully intend to play it myself. I would personally suggest picking up both.

Please advise.
To my knowledge the first is better than the second, story wise. You shouldn't skip the first even though they are both in the God of War style gameplay. I actually debated on picking up the second one but decided that $10 is a bit much, for those that really want it that shouldn't hold you back.

That is EXACTLY what I need. Do they work with Xinput?
Not really familiar with Xinput. Is it like Xpadder? If so, yeah, I use it with that no problem. I have many non-gamepad friendly games mapped out using this thing. Works very well. The controller even has a standard 360 headset jack on the bottom which also works when connected to PC.

The MS Store link probably isn't very helpful anymore since the $10 codes are no longer active, but Amazon sells them as well, ranging from $20-25 with Prime shipping...depending on which color you like.

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Candy-Xbox-360-Controller-Orange/dp/B008U2XKYS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1373749901&sr=8-6&keywords=rock+candy+controller

Interested in Resident Evil 6, but not necessarily for $20 yet.  Any chance this game will show up as a flash sale for 66-75% off instead.  Do daily sale games ever go on to be flash sales, or is it vice versa?

Interested in Resident Evil 6, but not necessarily for $20 yet. Any chance this game will show up as a flash sale for 66-75% off instead. Do daily sale games ever go on to be flash sales, or is it vice versa?
It will probably go flash sale but not any higher for two reasons:

1) 20 is the cheapest it's been anywhere without coupons (18 at GMG)

2) It's a Capcom title. They're stingy.

Not really familiar with Xinput. Is it like Xpadder? If so, yeah, I use it with that no problem. I have many non-gamepad friendly games mapped out using this thing. Works very well. The controller even has a standard 360 headset jack on the bottom which also works when connected to PC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinput

Xinput = 360 protocol

DirectInput pre-360 superior protocol, still in widespread use for wheel/pedals proper flight setups, etc... Xinput only supports exactly in the inputs on a 360 pad.

I assumed the original question was a a poor attempt at irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back