The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... what?
You do realize Star Wars = EA now, right? Disney sold all rights to Star Wars games to EA. Though perhaps EA doesn't have complete control over older titles/prices over older titles, it's not much of a difference. Both Disney and EA are stingy about sales.

Anyone try Reus? I'm really interested in that one.

I'm thinking of getting Killing Floor. Anyone that's played it how is it? The game reminds me of CarnEvil.
It's great. It's a 6 player co-op game that consists of waves of enemies and an ever-moving shop. There are multiple classes that specialize in different things (explosives, medic, firebug, etc) and through each kill you gain XP to reach new levels and gain new abilities. It's not an easy game at higher difficulties, there are tons of people playing it, and there's a free level editor which means there are hundreds of free user-made levels.

As far as the similarities to CarnEvil... well, there just aren't many. It's not a rail-shooter and for most of the year it does not have a circus theme. The developers usually release new content and a temporary update to the enemies, keeping in theme with Christmas, Summer, or Halloween. It is creepy, however, if that floats your boat.

You do realize Star Wars = EA now, right? Disney sold all rights to Star Wars games to EA. Though perhaps EA doesn't have complete control over older titles/prices over older titles, it's not much of a difference. Both Disney and EA are stingy about sales.
Except for angry birds Star Wars, Rovio still has tht surprisingly

Wow, makes me glad I grabbed all the Star Wars games I was missing at the Winter sale.

Urgh, I forgot about that.

Wow, makes me glad I grabbed all the Star Wars games I was missing at the Winter sale.
Yeah, I did the same. Grabbed the ones I wanted, at least, just in case. Kinda stupid when a company jumps in and decides they're too good for 75%... even though the games are ancient and have already been 75% off multiple times.

Considering I cant play it thanks to the headbob which cant be turned off or adjusted, it matters not.
Thanks. You just saved me $2.99. I previously had watched the trailer and something about it made me think of the kind of FPS that gives me simulation sickness. I hadn't noticed the headbobbing but I see it now. Hopefully the new & improved version can turn it off.

Unless you got Steam cred or are hellbent on getting summer cards, I'd get it off of the dev website. They price matched the game and it's through the humble store, and you would be giving the dev more money than you would buying off Steam.

Yeah, I did the same. Grabbed the ones I wanted, at least, just in case. Kinda stupid when a company jumps in and decides they're too good for 75%... even though the games are ancient and have already been 75% off multiple times.
Hey it's EA they'll nickle and dime you for all your worth. Like you though I grabbed everything I wanted star wars wise sale.

Tried Organ Trail. It's Oregon Trail but remade with Zombies. For the $1.24 I paid, worth it. If it was more than $1.24 I think the original dos version would be more enjoyable.

Anyone played Crusader Kings II? It kind of looks like the Total War series grand campaign (which I have sunk hundreds of hours into). Would a Total War fan like this game?

Tried Organ Trail. It's Oregon Trail but remade with Zombies. For the $1.24 I paid, worth it. If it was more than $1.24 I think the original dos version would be more enjoyable.
Personally I still find the DOS version more enjoyable and I got Organ Trail in a Humble Bundle, all games being considered equal it cost me about 52 cents.

Mainly the shooting controls that got me, really not computer friendly.

Personally I still find the DOS version more enjoyable and I got Organ Trail in a Humble Bundle, all games being considered equal it cost me about 52 cents.

Shooting controls were awful, but then again I was using my touchpad instead of a mouse.

Sorry forgot to quote. I'm talking about Reus.
If you buy Reus from humble store, They will still give you a steam key.

[background=#fafafa]Anyone played Crusader Kings II? It kind of looks like the Total War series grand campaign (which I have sunk hundreds of hours into). Would a Total War fan like this game?[/background]
CK2 is more about families and politics rather than combat. Its a very good game although have a bit steep learning curve. I mostly learned watching this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121284125 and other lets play videos.

It should be back on the last day.
Well considering that since the inclusion of flash deals most game sales get repeated multiple times throughout the sales. I am sure it will be that it will be that % off again prior to the last day.

Please keep group buy requests out of this thread. Keep the discussion to deals.
Half the discussion is off topic in this thread, at least the group buys actually deal with buying a deal. And it isn't like there is a group buy thread anyway. The so-called Steam Group Buy thread is nothing but spamming of [H] and [W]. The last few pages are a 20:1 ration of spam to group buys. If we start reporting all the "off-topic" posts in that thread will it get cleaned up?

Half the discussion is off topic in this thread, at least the group buys actually deal with buying a deal. And it isn't like there is a group buy thread anyway. The so-called Steam Group Buy thread is nothing but spamming of [H] and [W]. The last few pages are a 20:1 ration of spam to group buys. If we start reporting all the "off-topic" posts in that thread will it get cleaned up?
Sadly I agree - we really should have split the thread into Trading and legitimate Group Buy threads.

What's really sad is even owning all the Deus Ex HR items, the bundle is still cheaper by 99 cents than buying Deus Ex and IW separately
I would still say GTA 4 was worse. In this case they are separate games, but the EFLC for GTA 4 was $2.50 more than that GTA + EFLC combo and $5 more than GTA 4.

While EFLC is presumably stand alone it was initially created as DLC for GTA 4.

mj-pms-meme-generator-careful-mary-jane-is-on-pms-1a365d.jpg

Grabbed Organ Trail for $1.24 and I agree that the shooting controls are not the greatest. The thing that gets me is the "inverted" controls when aiming. If up was up and down was down, I would have no problems. I started waiting until I'm facing an enemy in one of the four cardinal directions before shooting. Been doing a lot better that way instead of trying to aim.

PSA: so apparently just logged onto TF2 for cards and got a ton of items to sell made like 5-6$ just by selling tf2 stuff. For people like me who never played tf2 at all log on and see if you get anything in your inventory may buy a game or two ^.^

Im thinking about getting Terraria. Basically, I just need someone here to say "DO IT" so I can pillage my paypal account guilt free lol

Also was kind of debating on Dust, but I think I'll wait. I have a feeling its gonna go cheaper soon.

Im thinking about getting Terraria. Basically, I just need someone here to say "DO IT" so I can pillage my paypal account guilt free lol

Also was kind of debating on Dust, but I think I'll wait. I have a feeling its gonna go cheaper soon.
If you like Minecraft you'll prolly end up liking Terraria, it has the same feel to it, though Terraria is more focused on combat and exploration then crafting aspect, though you can still craft. For 2.50 I would get it paid close to full price and love it myself.

Well considering that since the inclusion of flash deals most game sales get repeated multiple times throughout the sales. I am sure it will be that it will be that % off again prior to the last day.
I'd put money on it being a daily deal on day 10. Torchlight II is the 10th of the summer sale cards, and so far the numbering of the cards has corresponded to the day on which that game was featured as a daily deal.

If you like Minecraft you'll prolly end up liking Terraria, it has the same feel to it, though Terraria is more focused on combat and exploration then crafting aspect, though you can still craft. For 2.50 I would get it paid close to full price and love it myself.
...but you didn't say "DO IT" -_-

get it there are plenty of group buys going on too, so you can get it even cheaper.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CK2 is more about families and politics rather than combat. Its a very good game although have a bit steep learning curve. I mostly learned watching this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121284125 and other lets play videos.
Yep, I agree with everything here. Watch a LP video or two to help you get started. That's what worked for me.

I've put ~70 hours into the game so far and still love it. If you love intrigue & backstabbing, you'll probably love CK2.

PSA: so apparently just logged onto TF2 for cards and got a ton of items to sell made like 5-6$ just by selling tf2 stuff. For people like me who never played tf2 at all log on and see if you get anything in your inventory may buy a game or two ^.^
I thought I would farm cards, but TF2 download speeds are atrocious. Maybe it's Steam-wide, but it's going to take me another 12 hours to finish downloading. Nuts.

As an aside: apparently installing the base game from the Orange Box dvd and then letting it update doesn't work anymore.

I got a bunch of items too, but none are marketable.

Eh, 1 vote never made a difference.

Well, that's not true; the first robot president won by exactly one vote.

Good ol' John Quincy Adding Machine...
By one vote German would be the official language of the United Stassi of Amerika.

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that a mod would have an obscenity in their Member Title?
Whatcha gonna do? Report him? :rofl:

I got a bunch of items too, but none are marketable.
y no have premium account

I'm thinking of getting Killing Floor. Anyone that's played it how is it? The game reminds me of CarnEvil.
I played L4D2 with you today. I'm just saying that because L4D and KF have the same concept but are executed in completely different ways. L4D as a series is all about nihilism; the enemies are endless, and you either die eventually or you survive the scenario. You are never rewarded, though. There isn't any loot, and there aren't character upgrades. KF has all that, and it is very open, with the goal being to find a defendable spot and kill waves with certain enemies in it. I found it to be less fluid and much more hectic, especially playing on a 30-person server with hundreds of unique enemies coming at you. KF plays a lot like COD Zombies, but L4D is quite its own experience.

A little recommendation for Super House of Dead Ninjas:

It's $2.37 currently (66% off) and very much worth it, especially for people who are waiting for Rogue Legacy to sport a heavier discount. The game's aesthetic is borrowed from the SNES era, the gameplay is very much a roguelike with persistent upgrades between runs earned by performance, the controls take a little bit getting used to but after awhile they fit like a glove, and there's even Steam Workshop support for user created levels.

Check it out if you like roguelikes with 2D combat platforming. Note: it's not better than RL. RL is objectively better, but they're both worth playing and different enough to avoid clashing in your library. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224820/

Are the top sellers list on steam for real? I count five strategy guides for games that came out years ago.

A little recommendation for Super House of Dead Ninjas:

It's $2.37 currently (66% off) and very much worth it, especially for people who are waiting for Rogue Legacy to sport a heavier discount. The game's aesthetic is borrowed from the SNES era, the gameplay is very much a roguelike with persistent upgrades between runs earned by performance, the controls take a little bit getting used to but after awhile they fit like a glove, and there's even Steam Workshop support for user created levels.

Check it out if you like roguelikes with 2D combat platforming. Note: it's not better than RL. RL is objectively better, but they're both worth playing and different enough to not cause a clash.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224820/

I COMPLETELY agree with everything hah.

Though I have been having random slowdown issues that upon a quick Google search show that others have as well : /

Sorry, I mean Director's Edition. The new multi-platform edition will integrate previously released DLC as well as offer updated boss fights, altered combat, and “enhanced visuals,”
Thanks for that. I was all geared up to buy the Deus Ex pack since it's a great price and I have only the first Deus Ex, but I'll wait it out to see what they're going to do with the Director's Edition. If it's an upgrade, the only thing I'll have lost is a bit of time with it sitting in my backlog. If it's a separate listing, I'll wait until it drops in price and then buy in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back