The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
More than likely it'll be a flash deal; it seems nearly everything is recycled in some capacity.
Steam Sale Motto:

reduce_reuse_recycle_5.jpg

Didn't some indie games never go on sale though if they missed their chance at a community choice in the winter sale, can't remember though.

How many people in this inane discount debate have actually had these discussions with Valve as a developer or publisher?

Because it's rocket science that only people on the inside can understand...

Educated and insightful consumers can't possibly understand it or deduce the logic and thinking involved in discussing the price of a video game.

Hold on guys, I'm gonna go make a video game so I can understand how they are priced when I discuss it with Steam, otherwise I'm completely clueless. I'm pretty sure the pricing and discussions involve some sort of calculus, jedi mind tricks, and the alien guy from History Channel, but I haven't connected all the dots yet.

More than likely it'll be a flash deal; it seems nearly everything is recycled in some capacity.
I will buy Conquistadors if it shows up as a flash deal at 75% off. My purchases have been pretty minimal so far and I need to spend some card money. I NEED to.

Educated and insightful consumers can't possibly understand it or deduce the logic and thinking involved in discussing the price of a video game.

Hold on guys, I'm gonna go make a video game so I can understand how they are priced when I discuss it with Steam, otherwise I'm completely clueless. I'm pretty sure the pricing and discussions involve some sort of calculus, jedi mind tricks, and the alien guy from History Channel, but I haven't connected all the dots yet.
I contacted my friend of a friends second uncle twice removed on his brother in laws side through a second marriage, and here's what he said.

9cef162d_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-generator-aliens-98f63b.jpeg

I will buy Conquistadors if it shows up as a flash deal at 75% off. My purchases have been pretty minimal so far and I need to spend some card money. I NEED to.
I went through all my card money, spent a bit more, got some more card money, and now I'm debating picking up Risen 2, which will get rid of my newly gotten card money.

Steam Wallet Roller Coaster Tycoon - 2013

I really hope so. I want Conquistador, but not for $10.

With the Risen games, I'm wondering whether I should pick up both of them or just the first one and save the second for another sale. I have the card money for both, but I'm also eying some other non-flash deals for the last day of the sale. Hmm...

I really hope so. I want Conquistador, but not for $10.

With the Risen games, I'm wondering whether I should pick up both of them or just the first one and save the second for another sale. I have the card money for both, but I'm also eying some other non-flash deals for the last day of the sale. Hmm...
I would just pick up the first one, It should last a good 50-100 hours of gameplay so by the time you finish it you'll also know rather you want more of it or not.

I'm really tempted to get Infestation for $3.75 even though I know it's a giant piece of shit.

Also, still no Monaco. This sale is really starting to piss me off.

Wow, store came right up for me at noon

Torchlight 2

XCom

Euro Truck 2

Van Helsing

Sim City 4

Far Cry 3

Garys Mod

Magika

MW3

Infestation

Flashes:

Tales of Werewolves

Port Royale 3

Binding of Isaac

Resident Evil 6

Wow, How did The War Z I mean Infection get a daily deal I thought steam had better quality control then this.
I wonder how much they paid Valve for that front page slot.

And wasn't TL2 just 75% off the other day?!? It updated.

I'm really tempted to get Infestation for $3.75 even though I know it's a giant piece of shit.

Yeah, starting to worry Monaco won't ever see a flash/daily. And didn't it lose a community choice? Hope it doesn't become of the examples of a community choice not seeing a daily/flash.

So, what happened with War Z?

Wasn't that the big thing a year ago or so, where people were buying the base game just for the mod, so they made the mod into an actual game?

If so, why the fall from grace?

Cool, let me know if Steam's using a wholesale or agency model then, and we can go from there.

Wasn't that the big thing a year ago or so, where people were buying the base game just for the mod, so they made the mod into an actual game?

Thats day z and it was an Arma II mod. The War z was a horrible buggy game that was mis-reprsented on it's store page so badly that valve actually gave refunds I believe. It's been rebranded Infestation whatever because 1. it was too close to world war z and I believe their is a game coming for that so they had to for legal reasons. 2. They wanted to get away from the bad press of the orignal name.

You're thinking Day Z, which was an ARMA 2 mod. WarZ/Infestation was a pile of dogshit from the beginning

Infestation wants me to buy it....its hard to resist zombie games..no matter how shitty and how bad the developers are.....phil fish needs to make a zombie game now

Yeah, starting to worry Monaco won't ever see a flash/daily. And didn't it lose a community choice? Hope it doesn't become of the examples of a community choice not seeing a daily/flash.
Yup, it lost a community choice on like day two because it A.) doesn't have cards and B.) the other two games had higher discounts. You can always count on the community to vote based strictly off the highest discount (and now, cards).

Yup, it lost a community choice on like day two because it A.) doesn't have cards and B.) the other two games had higher discounts. You can always count on the community to vote based strictly off the highest discount (and now, cards).
Monaco actually does have cards. It just lost the vote so something that is on sale all the time could be on sale again.

In summary, you are saying that you are tempted to buy a giant piece of shit for $3.75? :D

I voted Unreal 3 black, as it's the only one I might buy.
For what it's worth, any retail copy of UT3 will activate on Steam. There's a crap ton of content in the game, free custom stuff, and reasonably good AI. However, it's not the tour-de-force in terms of multiplayer participation that it was back in the day.

Cards for crappy games 

• Port Royale 3
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • MacGuffin's Curse

to slow  :bow: spoderman

Monaco actually does have cards. It just lost the vote so something that is on sale all the time could be on sale again.
I didn't know it had cards. On the community choice vote it didn't have that little "CARDZ!~" banner so I just assumed it didn't have them. Now I'm even more annoyed.

Am I the only one who thought the combat in Risen 1 was ridiculously tedious and unfair?

I played it for an hour, but got tired of being two-hit killed.

Any reason to think I'll like Risen 2 more than Risen 1?   :joystick:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back