The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
really more fucking repeats hasnt far cry had daily deal alrady steam summer sale sucks ass guess i be saving my money then and wiat for bbiggger sale
Welcome to steam sales since the inclusion of flash deals and the community vote. I remember hoping in older sales that the last day would be a repeat day so I could get what I wanted, but now I want the repeats to burn!

Are you trying to convince people to buy this game? lol. Cause you're doing a pretty good job. You make it sound almost like a good time.
Well... it's way cheaper than DayZ, and it's gonna be just as frustrating because of all the asshats who team up and kill anyone they see. I was playing on the least populated server I could find (9 or so people), so that's the way to go.

But the game is still terrible, don't get me wrong. Terrible.

Still nada for me, kinda blew my wad the first few days, now I'm left with 1 goal: wait for the valve Pack to drop in price on steam (reason being I have $20 in steam wallet funds :p)

Don't do it. If you're really that interested, do yourself a favor and pick up Arma 2 with the original DayZ mod.
Yeah, I actually already did that when Combined Ops was on sale the other day. I had a hell of a time installing the DayZ mod though. The Steam version has some major issues. I was just saying...the imagery almost seemed to cast Infestation in a positive light, haha.

Honestly, despite all the negative press, the biggest reason I'm staying away from it is all the microtransactions, and the fact that you lose what you've acquired when you die...which means that people will kill you instantly just to see if you're carrying anything valuable.

Well... it's way cheaper than DayZ, and it's gonna be just as frustrating because of all the asshats who team up and kill anyone they see. I was playing on the least populated server I could find (9 or so people), so that's the way to go.

But the game is still terrible, don't get me wrong. Terrible.
Well, I was able to get Combined Ops for like $8 the other day...so when comparing both on sale, it's about twice as much as Infestation. So, as long as it's half as shitty, it works out, lol.

Yeah, I actually already did that when Combined Ops was on sale the other day. I had a hell of a time installing the DayZ mod though. The Steam version has some major issues. I was just saying...the imagery almost seemed to cast Infestation in a positive light, haha.

Honestly, despite all the negative press, the biggest reason I'm staying away from it is all the microtransactions, and the fact that you lose what you've acquired when you die...which means that people will kill you instantly just to see if you're carrying anything valuable.
I actually had more fun with State of Decay on xbox than DayZ but that's just me. DayZ just seemed to drag on.

On another note, what is the Operation Payback pass for CS GO? It says 50% off on the steam page but is 85% off when linked to go from $5.99 to $.99

http://blog.counter-strike.net/operationpayback/

Well, I was able to get Combined Ops for like $8 the other day...so when comparing both on sale, it's about twice as much as Infestation. So, as long as it's half as shitty, it works out, lol.
Ok, but don't forget you still have Arma2: CO to go along with it. That game itself is pretty fun, and there are still lots of active MP servers and plenty to do SP.

If you are interested in playing DayZ, I suggest downloading DayZCommander. With it you can install the mod, find servers, get Arma updates, new maps, mods of the mod (Like DayZero, which is great). It even runs the game through Steam so you still have the overlay.

really more fucking repeats hasnt far cry had daily deal alrady steam summer sale sucks ass guess i be saving my money then and wiat for bbiggger sale
2hs95.jpg

Bah. One of the few times I haven't been near a computer when the deals switch and there's a price mistake for a game that I'm interested in. :whistle2:(

Oh no, people will kill you if you have nothing in your inventory at all. I didn't even have a weapon on my first character, came across another player in a town, and pew pew before I could even say "Won't you be my neighbor?"

The microtransaction stuff is just for the lazy though. You can find good gear by playing the game...

How many people in this inane discount debate have actually had these discussions with Valve as a developer or publisher?
I was in talks to discount my conspiratorial ramblings to -85%, but Valve told me that you can't discount something that's already free, and they don't carry me on Steam anyway.

I've been reading the thread backwards and just saw your posts.
Tell us secrets from the future.

I was in talks to discount my conspiratorial ramblings to -85%, but Valve told me that you can't discount something that's already free, and they don't carry me on Steam anyway.

Tell us secrets from the future.
Speaking of Valve, conspiracies, and the future...

rY6AuMw.png

Ok, but don't forget you still have Arma2: CO to go along with it. That game itself is pretty fun, and there are still lots of active MP servers and plenty to do SP.
Fair point. So, maybe DayZ only needs to be a quarter as shitty as Infestation then for me to still come out ahead, lol. ;)

If you are interested in playing DayZ, I suggest downloading DayZCommander. With it you can install the mod, find servers, get Arma updates, new maps, mods of the mod (Like DayZero, which is great). It even runs the game through Steam so you still have the overlay.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. DayZCommander was the only way I could get the mod installed and actually be able to join a server. With the Steam mod, I had a myriad of issues, ranging from different error messages that prevented the game from even loading to spawning as a bird (which from what I understand is actually Arma's "spectator mode").

Oh no, people will kill you if you have nothing in your inventory at all. I didn't even have a weapon on my first character, came across another player in a town, and pew pew before I could even say "Won't you be my neighbor?"

The microtransaction stuff is just for the lazy though. You can find good gear by playing the game...
Yeah, that's what I mean though. Other than whatever weapon you're carrying, I doubt they can see what else is in your inventory. So, they kill you just to see if you have anything else. And then when you don't, they go "Oh well. SORRY!" Just not a great design choice for an MMO.

Did anyone else buy Fallen?  I am trying to figure out some stuff in the game, like how population works among other things.  Anyone know a good beginner guide?  But the game is pretty good so far.

well you also lose all your stuff in DayZ too. the difference is you can pay for stuff in WarZ but I would not recommend that.
Yes, but there's less motivation for someone to just come up and kill you if they're not thinking that you might be carrying 20 real world dollars worth of game loot. Sure, in DayZ, they could kill you and take the stuff you've found, but on a "trolling someone to piss them off" scale, which do you think is more infuriating?

Yes, but there's less motivation for someone to just come up and kill you if they're not thinking that you might be carrying 20 real world dollars worth of game loot. Sure, in DayZ, they could kill you and take the stuff you've found, but on a "trolling someone to piss them off" scale, which do you think is more infuriating?
Somehow I doubt that many people are buying a whole lot of stuff with cash, but really, from what I've heard and watched and read about DayZ, it's the same exact thing. 9 times out of 10, anyone you come across who's armed is gonna blow your brains out.

And since people are way more organized in DayZ, you've have whole packs of veteran players who will team up and kill everyone just for lulz.

Somehow I doubt that many people are buying a whole lot of stuff with cash, but really, from what I've heard and watched and read about DayZ, it's the same exact thing. 9 times out of 10, anyone you come across who's armed is gonna blow your brains out.

And since people are way more organized in DayZ, you've have whole packs of veteran players who will team up and kill everyone just for lulz.
1. Hopefully not. But at the same time...the developer expected them to. That's a scary thought.

2. Well, now you're just describing every online shooter ever, haha. ;)

2. Well, now you're just describing every online shooter ever, haha. ;)
lol, pretty much, but unfortunately these are the kinds of games where you can build yourself up high and become extremely hard to take down (heavy armor, powerful guns, etc). So you may come into the game, play for five days while you think you're getting pretty tough, and then a bunch of dudes who have been around and grouped up for weeks with the highest level stuff just destroy you and all your effort is lost.

At least War Z has a vault that you can store stuff in... and in game cash isn't dropped upon death.

Welcome to steam sales since the inclusion of flash deals and the community vote. I remember hoping in older sales that the last day would be a repeat day so I could get what I wanted, but now I want the repeats to burn!
i know but it worst than last summer winter i was expected at least no same ddialy dela reeats wasnt far cry on daily deal before?

Yeah, I expect deals to repeat a lot, that's just part of the game now. But when the "flash" deals are running for a whopping 8 hours it does start to grate on the nerves.

Digital goods don't have tangible weight. :roll:
It's a metaphor.

it's implications were "heavy" in that you think it could've led-up to Half-Life 3 announcement....

...yet it only adds up to more disappointment & something as "light" as "Secret of the Magic Crystals 2". ;)

Also, "weight" here is a homophone - that word could be read as "wait".

"Hope it was worth the wait."

You waited for...another non-HL3 announcement. ;)

Re: CSGO the front page glitch might have lasted five minutes but the store page itself was fixed fairly quickly.  Pretty sure I checked it within two minutes of it flipping, possibly less.

It is also made by crappy people who ripped customers off, they didnt change the game's name because it sounds cooler.
It was probably due to some sort of litigation threat concerning the film World War Z, to be honest.

But sure, they needed to rebrand after burning all those orphaned puppies in that fire and roasting stray cats over top of it.

I'd buy that too.

("That" being the explanation or one of the roasted cats, but not Infestation.)

I will admit this sale I had two gems I had no intention of buying beforehand being Scribblenauts and Chivalry.

Still besides that, still waiting for the three games I wanted this sale. Monaco, Trials and Rogue Legacy

I will admit this sale I had two gems I had no intention of buying beforehand being Scribblenauts and Chivalry.

Still besides that, still waiting for the three games I wanted this sale. Monaco, Trials and Rogue Legacy
that's 2 of us who like Ziltoid and want Trials on sale, that game NEVER goes on sale, or I never see it at least.

Holy **** I just got CS: GO for $0.14 o.o
I hate you

that's the one cool thing about Steam I do like is that when a price mistake happens they don't penalize you at all, unlike the talks of us penny metro users possibly getting banned from bestbuy.com
good, bestbuy is full of overpriced crap anyways.

I just got Counter Strike Global Offensive for $0.14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fvjkg3.png

Bahahhah! It said 66% off and I was like hmmm ill just add it to my wishlist because I dont really want it bad enough to pay $5. And then i see 99% off and total price is $0.14 so I was like buy buy buy buy buy and checked out immediately. Heheh best day ever :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
I hate you, too

Speaking of Valve, conspiracies, and the future...

rY6AuMw.png
GTFO, steam can predict the future

to the 2 people I said I hate, i'm just jealous, I was late leaving work and missed the flipover.

It's funny you would think my old Steam name through all the years would have attracted a bunch of attention but it never did. I think it's the profile picture xD that's attracting the wrong type Asheskitty.

Hmmm....Is there a special place in Hell for those that pre-order Activision games?

I thought there was a special place in hell for CAG's who buy at 50% off. 66% is forgivable. We're only human after all. But 50%, nay, verily I say unto to you, those who prophesie as CAG's with reckless abandon and not practice the ways thereof shall now the days woe and there will be nashing of teeth. And in the days of glory they shall be left to bare witness of the rising of the true CAG's, as they are finally given eternity to play through their backlog. Gaben has set forth in his work, and he saw that it was good. Amen.
I paid 50% off ($10) for Trackmania and %50 off ($4.50) for DmC's Virgil DLC. Both aren't going lower for a long time, imo. (And I've been climbing the ranks in Trackmania.)

Better than my first experience, I spawned, walked for about 30 seconds, then had some guy shouting racial slurs at me on his mic and proceed to shoot me.

I do wish a company with significant money and manpower would try making one of these types of games though. Both the War Z and DayZ are terribly unpolished and these types of games have a lot of potential.
Trayvon?

pshhhh... I once pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the PS2 and paid for taxes AND shipping.

I was buying $60 games before $60 games even existed.
Pfft, I paid full retail ($40) + tax for Wasteland at release in 1989... and picked up the Wasteland 2 (boxed edition) for $50 on Kickstarter in 2012. Fortunately the dollar is worth a lot less, and well $50 was easier for me to earn in 2012 than $40 was in 1989.

Great...so here's what I missed when I unfortunately fell asleep... :(
At least I can say I was busy threatening the free world. ^_~

Digital goods don't have tangible weight. :roll:
Meme, see below.

Tebowdragon, I'd lay off the Jesus juice
Tebow means well, but kinda makes you wish for AltaVista's-Babelfish or Google-Translate.

It's a metaphor.

it's implications were "heavy" in that you think it could've led-up to Half-Life 3 announcement....

...yet it only adds up to more disappointment & something as "light" as "Secret of the Magic Crystals 2". ;)

Also, "weight" here is a homophone - that word could be read as "wait".

"Hope it was worth the wait."

You waited for...another non-HL3 announcement. ;)
It's a meme.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back