The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone missed the Skyrim thing let me know. I got a few gifts in my inventory before they fixed it. $45 firm. NO haggling. I don't have time for that nonsense.

You gotta be kidding me...
tumblr_mcaingR7Cx1qawa6co1_500.jpg

I got some extra Skyrim Legendarys that I am looking to trade for bitcoins and cards.  PM if interested.  I want at least $50 in bitcoin value or at least 500 cards.  Serious PMs only. 

Rediculoulus . I haven't played games on my PC in probably in 10 years, but here I am considering a few things in the under $5 category.

I have a :ps3: so I know I'll never get a chance to play Last Remanant or Fable, or the Witcher unless I buy them here.

But even if I -did- buy them, would I ever play them?

Rediculoulus . I haven't played games on my PC in probably in 10 years, but here I am considering a few things in the under $5 category.

I have a :ps3: so I know I'll never get a chance to play Last Remanant or Fable, or the Witcher unless I buy them here.

Hmmmm, that's part of the mystique....go CAG or go home! :twoguns:

Rediculous. I haven't played games on my PC in probably in 10 years, but here I am considering a few things in the under $5 category.

I have a :ps3: so I know I'll never get a chance to play Last Remant or Fable, or the Witcher unless I buy them here.

eldergamer, you're like our Uncle Grandfather so shouldn't we be asking you? look at the italics especially, that's where you need to look

Let's try this again: Would you ever play them, eldergamer?

Y'all cats who didn't get your bonus card for spending $10: Did you get it? Nothing for me.

Man CAG 3.0 is seriously breaking apart. On occasion a response someone posts is blank but now I'm seeing blank quotes as well.

Has anybody dealt with GameHolds.com? With coupon they have Skyrim Legendary at $30.67 which is close enough to 50% that I'd be willing to bite. Reviews from other forums have been all positive, but I trust CAG more than other forums. 

Doing my due diligence, the site is registered in China, but has a parent company based in Germany

If anyone wants Rogue Legacy for $10, let me know.

You'll have to wait for Amazon to flip the pricematch, but first come first serve, I'm only doing one copy.

(Cue Gen's entrance.)

And I only have a Celeron 1.5ghz? (just bought a new dell notebook about 2 weeks ago)

doesnt seem like it's enough to run most of this stuff. I guess I don't have a graphics card either.

And, that's why I got out of PC gaming. Way too  confusing to keep up with minimum requirements.

(I grew up in the days of MS-DOS and having multipule boot systems in order to free up VRAM, btw)

And I only have a Celeron 1.5ghz? (just bought a new dell notebook about 2 weeks ago)

doesnt seem like it's enough to run most of this stuff. I guess I don't have a graphics card either.

And, that's why I got out of PC gaming. Way too confusing to keep up with minimum requirements.

(I grew up in the days of MS-DOS and having multipule boot systems in order to free up VRAM, btw)
Some advice.

For PC gaming, ALWAYS avoid Intel's (cheap) Celeron processors and any of those integrated video cards.

If you are going to be PC gaming, you're honestly best off building your own PC yourself or having a nerd-friend help you build one for you/with you.

2nd best thing you can do is spend likely double over the above - and just go to your local mom & pop custom-build PC shop and tell them you want a gaming rig.

This (2nd best option) is what I did until 2 years ago, when me and dad went and decided to take on the task of building (at that time) a monster rig.

EDIT:

Curious of my current custom PC specs are?

Click on Spoiler tags

Case -> Cooler Master 932
Watt Supply -> 800 Watts - Corsair Gaming Series
OS -> Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM
Motherboard -> Socket 1366 ASUS Sabertooth X58 motherboard (for 2 SLI allowed on video cards).
Processor -> Intel i7 950 @ 3.06 Ghz Quad-Core processor multi-threaded (8 threads)
RAM -> 8 GB worth of Corsair DDR3 1600 XMS3
Optical Drives -> TWO Sony Scribe DVD-Burners
Internal Hard Drive(s) -> TWO Western Digital Black Caviar 1 TB with 64MB cache & 7200 RPM
[for 2 TB of HDD space in total]
Video Card -> EVGA 1GB GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
Monitor -> HP 2311x 23'' monitor.

This rigs runs MANY of my games at 1080p for 1920x1080 - usually at at least medium settings.
Often, it's above "medium" - and/or maybe even maxed-out.
Depends on the game.

Some advice.

For PC gaming, ALWAYS avoid Intel's (cheap) Celeron processors and any of those integrated video cards.

If you are going to be PC gaming, you're honestly best off building your own PC yourself or having a nerd-friend help you build one for you/with you.

2nd best thing you can do is spend likely double over the above - and just go to your local mom & pop custom-build PC shop and tell them you want a gaming rig.

This (2nd best option) is what I did until 2 years ago, when me and dad went and decided to take on the task of building (at that time) a monster rig.

EDIT:

Curious of my current custom PC specs are?

Click on Spoiler tags

Case -> Cooler Master 932
Watt Supply -> 800 Watts - Corsair Gaming Series
OS -> Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM
Motherboard -> Socket 1366 ASUS Sabertooth X58 motherboard (for 2 SLI allowed on video cards).
Processor -> Intel i7 950 @ 3.06 Ghz Quad-Core processor multi-threaded (8 threads)
RAM -> 8 GB worth of Corsair DDR3 1600 XMS3
Optical Drives -> TWO Sony Scribe DVD-Burners
Internal Hard Drive(s) -> TWO Western Digital Black Caviar 1 TB with 64MB cache & 7200 RPM
[for 2 TB of HDD space in total]
Video Card -> EVGA 1GB GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
Monitor -> HP 2311x 23'' monitor.

This rigs runs MANY of my games at 1080p for 1920x1080 - usually at at least medium settings.
Often, it's above "medium" - and/or maybe even maxed-out.
Depends on the game.

See, I never bought this laptop for gaming. It was bought just to be that, a laptop to be used for web surfing and music downloading.
The gaming thing was just an after thought since I saw everyone talking about the Steam Sale.
95% of my gaming is done on handheld or :ps3: (with other 5% beng my phone)

I just started playing Garry's Mod, bought it during this sale, and I absolutely love that because the mod essentially requires mods for it to run I have went to the workshop and am now downloading 2 gigs worth of mods... Nice...

Because I am not planning on dropping $35 for only two games I would play (Left 4 Dead 2,and Portal 2).
Just going to hijack your post a bit here.

The Valve Pack has always been one of those 'meh' kind of packs to me. It has a lot of games, but for most of the multiplayer games you are only going to play one version of them. Four versions of Counter-Strike, two version of Team Fortress, two version of Day of Defeat. Of course there are also titles like Ricochet, Half-Life: Deathmatch, Deathmatch Classic that you simply won't play; although I have played Ricochet and it quite fun.

See, I never bought this laptop for gaming. It was bought just to be that, a laptop to be used for web surfing and music downloading. The gaming thing was just an after thought since I saw everyone talking about the Steam Sale.

I am pretty sure you have to click outside the quoted box otherwise your response will be in the quote.

I think this could be a good indicator of how well your laptop will place games. Does it become sluggish while running flash games? Honestly, if you want to play games on the PC you really need to commit quite a bit. If you don't then you are either left with old games or very basic games. But, old and basic games can still be a blast.

I will chime in and say that I have a laptop with integrated graphics and if you are no particular about low res graphics, they are capable of running a lot of games fine or playable at least so you never know.  I wouldn't try to run like Metro on it, but a lot of other stuff might run fine. 

Ugh Integrated Graphics... Stopped a guy from dropping like 300-400 bucks on a Dell desktop that had integrated graphics. He wanted to game on it like Elder Scrolls Online and WoW. I was like not on that damn thing, you could probably play WoW but christ that would suck ass.

See, I never bought this laptop for gaming. It was bought just to be that, a laptop to be used for web surfing and music downloading.

The gaming thing was just an after thought since I saw everyone talking about the Steam Sale.
And that's why you can't run some of the higher-end stuff - you bought a laptop specifically for web-surfing & music. Those PC's just ain't super expensive - and ain't built for higher-end of PC gaming.

Pre-fab stuff (from stores like Best Buy, WalMart, etc) is really NOT the route, if you want to do some awesome gaming PC. IMHO, you want to build a PC gaming rig or have it custom-built for you - if you're going the PC-route.

You do have to sink some serious $ and time into this (probably at least around $1000+ if you self-build; $2000+ or more if you have a mom/pop custom-PC shop build it for you), if you're going to do some serious PC gaming. If you're going to go the laptop-route, you're REALLY going to spend some REALLY serious $ for a powerhouse laptap PC. IMHO, you're better off w/ a bad-ass desktop type of PC, if you want to go the PC gaming route.

I really hope w/ your laptop and w/ these Steam sales, you can figure out if PC gaming is and will be for you. There's tons of older gems on Steam, GOG, and other stores - and if find something you can run, DO IT. There's A LOT of great games here.

Since you got a laptop not built for gaming - you'll surely want to test out games that have demos; and if you can run a game demo you like, go for the full version.

Of course, as long as the price is right - 75% off or better is an "okay way to go" for PC digital sales (especially for backlogging), IMHO. ;)

EDIT:

If you can run Vampire: Bloodlines, get it when it hits a crazy sale - I love that game.

I also highly recommend Planescape: Torment & Baldur's Gate series.

Bah... was hoping for Retro City Rampage.  But why vote for something that hasn't been on sale when you can vote for the game that's already been on sale a couple times!?

Bah... was hoping for Retro City Rampage. But why vote for something that hasn't been on sale when you can vote for the game that's already been on sale a couple times!?
Proof that tweens have taken over Steam for the summer.

"ohay, meet boy is coo. wats dis 'retro' game? pfff souns like sum dum old gaem, fuk dat"

I only dropped $2200 on mine, with the top of the line (at the time, still close to it) GPU. Expensive, but not as bad as people make it out to be.
Hmmmm....that's not bad at all, for a laptop.

Did you buy it from like IBuyPower or somewhere that does custom PC-laptop builds?

Bah... was hoping for Retro City Rampage. But why vote for something that hasn't been on sale when you can vote for the game that's already been on sale a couple times!?
I know what you mean. Super Meat Boy has been on sale several times. I guess people cannot choose a game that is different than a platformer?

I only dropped $2200 on mine, with the top of the line (at the time, still close to it) GPU. Expensive, but not as bad as people make it out to be.
I just dropped $1200 on one for my brother. Not top of the line, but definitely high quality. Saved some money by not getting Blu-Ray or an SSD, went with a slightly cheaper processor, and the GTX765 which is the middle of the upper tier (beaten out by 770 and 780)

Now if only Sager could build a little faster, then I'd be happy. 5-16 business days...what an estimate

MysterD,

nice rig, a new graphics card could really increase performance though:)
Surely, this is true.

IMHO, I really ain't hit that point where games are kicking me badly in the face performance-wise; or I'm not meeting system requirements to even boot a game.

Usually, takes me a few new card generation model numbers (looking at the leading numbers, that is) before I even want to swap a vid card out.

I'm an Nvidia guy - I have a 560 Ti, so I am not really looking right now for a 600 series or even 700 series card.

I suspect when the new consoles drop and have those been around a bit; and when these games really might do more w/ pushing more graphical bells & whistles, I might even start thinking of throwing a new vid card & some more RAM in there.

EDIT:

My big backlog probably ain't helping matters here w/ wanting new hardware, either. ;)

I put $1000 into my first build about a year ago and can run pretty much any game on high and many on Ultra. It doesn't have to be very expensive to get some incredible performance out of a build. Very worth it though

Hmmmm....that's not bad at all, for a laptop.

Did you buy it from like IBuyPower or somewhere that does custom PC-laptop builds?
Xotic PC. Nvidia 680M, 128GB Crucial SSD, and lots of other odds and ends.

Now if only Sager could build a little faster, then I'd be happy. 5-16 business days...what an estimate
They tend to overestimate the time. I got mine way faster than they estimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back