The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, assuming no surprises during the next few community/flash sales, looks like no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. this time around. Here's hoping for a nice sale in the winter.

Well 14 more reasons to be disappointed....

Unfortunately SSI is still only 75% off, so my only real decision here is to pickup SSZ/I pack or not.  (I'm leaning toward just SSI.)

39891065.jpg

Still no Rogue Legacy. Is tomorrow the day for repeats? If so, I guess RL won't be getting any further discount, considering flash sales are pretty much all repeats now. :(
I am tempted to just grab it to even though it could potentially hit a flash sale or community vote.

Wasn't Battlefront 2 at 66% off when KOTOR 2 was a flash deal? I missed it then, and now when KOTOR is a daily, the other games don't get the discount. Eff.

So I guess it's not really safe to start buying non-daily, non-flash games until Monday morning... But I'm definitely feeling tempted.

So the strike suit pack is 85% off along with the base game, but everything else including its DLC is 75%... so is this a price error? 

I wish I would have picked up The Sonic Pack during on of the glitches ... I want Transformed but I can't make myself purchase it knowing that the whole pack was only a few dollar more at one point .. 

So the strike suit pack is 85% off along with the base game, but everything else including its DLC is 75%... so is this a price error?
I don't know.

{shoulder shrug}

But 85% off for Strike Suit Mega Bundle is the cheapest that I've seen that, I think.

I wish I would have picked up The Sonic Pack during on of the glitches ... I want Transformed but I can't make myself purchase it knowing that the whole pack was only a few dollar more at one point ..
Actually the hits pack was the exact price racing transformed is right now. But for what it's worth.The game is totally worth it. Cart style racing games aren't really my thing (or racing games in general) but I have had a lot of fun with this one.

The game is worth it.

Actually the hits pack was the exact price racing transformed is right now. But for what it's worth.The game is totally worth it. Cart style racing games aren't really my thing (or racing games in general) but I have had a lot of fun with this one.

Have to agree, I had a blast with Transformed and I'm not a big racing fan. The biggest draw for me was going from boat to car to plane and getting a real sense of speed for each one.

do you think gunpoint will come back on sale or should I just pull the trigger on it?

I know :( Then it was glitched again at $14.99 at the start of the summer sale and missed that one as well. I will probably still pick it up.

Seriously. Guess I'll wait on PA until the winter sale when it's 50-75% off. 34% is a joke.
Same here, though some people have posted that somewhere the devs said they are keeping the price high right now since they only want people who would actually play it and beta test it for them. So if someone wait till its fully released, you get a better game at a cheaper price

Which would be more worthwhile, Saint's Row 3 Season Pass or the Full Package? Already have the base game so..
Depends on how you feel about SR:TT.

Do you want ONLY the Main content DLC's (Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones) + Nyte Blayde DLC that are in Season Pass?

Or do you want to spend the few extra bucks to get Season Pass + ALL of the other tons of DLC in Full Package?

Which would be more worthwhile, Saint's Row 3 Season Pass or the Full Package? Already have the base game so..
All the game "plot" content is in the Season Pass. The rest of it is goofy outfits, vehicles and weapons. So the question is whether or not you're likely to use those things.

I'm going against the grain here in the "which is better?" discussion. I played (or tried to) play the Arma II Dayz mod 3 separate occasions. One of them was even with a couple friends. What happened was the majority of the time, you're just wandering trying to figure out what is going on. Whether that means searching for a weapon, or trying to figure out where each other are so you can meet up. What's more likely to happen though is to stumble upon a zombie (or more), and end up running...and running...and running from them. Then, more people started joining the server, and began threatening to kill anyone who wasn't "with them". Nice. I found a lighthouse, but while exploring it, I clipped through the railing at the top and fell to my death (no, I didn't press the jump key).

Between that, how spastic the zombies are, various troubles with the servers, etc. I thought "even if WarZ is bad...if it's just bad in different ways, it could be more enjoyable". So, I wagered the $3.74 on that (as did a few of my friends), and we started playing that game instead. The game is a little annoying upon first start up due to various license agreements and updates, but considering what you have to get through to get DayZ running, it still doesn't seem as bad by comparison. Once in the game, however, things immediately feel more cohesive. To be fair, part of it is just the difference between a full release game and a mod. The menus are cleaner, more concise, and easier to use. And deciding on/joining a server with friends is hassle free. Servers are numbered and load without issue. This was a welcomed change.

The gameplay is also more cohesive. The map is easier to read, it's easier to figure out where you should go, and scavenging items is easier as well. The zombies also don't seem to be as sensitive to sound, which makes it easier to avoid them...which is critical when you don't have much on you. You do spawn with a flashlight, bandages, a bag of chips, and a soda though...which seems fair. Finding other items is just a matter of finding some broken down cars or vacant buildings. I have seen a few weird graphical glitches so far...you can get suck in a lunging position, where you kind of just slide on top of the ground (but switching between 1st and 3rd person fixes this). Also be careful when climbing mountains because apparently, you can get stuck in them.

But it's not like DayZ isn't without issues either though. All things considered, I had a much better time in my 2.5 hours in WarZ than I did in DayZ. It just felt like a more complete thought and was much easier to get into. I'm sure DayZ gets better. But considering most of our time in it was spent trying to find each other, it just felt like a complete drag. And since the experience is even harder playing solo, I wasn't seeing a huge upside there. WarZ might not be the best game ever, but we found (and lost each other) numerous times, found supplies, avoided zombies, and stored some loot in the vault by the end of the night. It might not be a popular opinion, but from my experience, that makes for a better game.

DLC worth it for SSZ/SSI? If not, it's cheaper just to grab both combined.
Heros of the Fleet was worth it, the extra battles were fun. I haven't gotten any of the other DLC, but the only other big ticket DLC is the soundtrack, which I have no interest in personally.

SR3 what MysterD said.

I like the game a lot, so I have a few pieces of cosmetic DLC (particularly the kitty-car).

Batman AC for the chance of a price mistake ;)
Done. I have no horse in this race.

DLC worth it for SSZ/SSI? If not, it's cheaper just to grab both combined.
$1.25 cheaper... If you're asking that I don't see why you're set on picking up both SSI and SSZ.

anyone have an opinion on SOTS: The PIt?
I so-so enjoy it. The crafting system imho is not very good and it takes a while to learn recipes naturally. The game itself is decently fun but slightly slow for a rogue game. the shooting is fun, but a lot of the time you have to use melee cause ammo can be very rare. I also got the DLC that's not on sale and it adds a decent amount to the game including psi powers and more enemy variety and classes that add to the variety. Without out....little bland. Not my favorite rogue-like game, and I've played a few, but it is fun and worth a try at 2.50. If you do like it and want more stuff in it, get the DLC as well.

anyone have an opinion on SOTS: The PIt?
I was looking into that as well. The main complaint I keep seeing is the punishing difficulty. Some of that may be inherent to the fact that it is a Roguelike game, but others insist it's just random and unfair.

In the end, it just looked like too much work and not enough fun for me. I've got FTL and am looking to pick up Rogue Legacy. I've decided SOTS isn't a good fit for me at the moment.

Ha ha, these deals you guys! Can't keep my wallet closed! Steam's taking all my money! Ha ha! Ha ha! Ha ha! Just bought Prison Architect! A banner game during the sale is always a good deal!

I impulse bought The Swapper when it was 50% off a few days ago and I just finished it a little while ago. About 6 hours of gameplay for me. Copypasta'ing my mini recommendation on Steam:

Nice game. The story gets a little 2deep4u sometimes (in my opinion) but it's a decent story. The game actually kind of reminds me of the movie Moon (2009) in terms of story. The gameplay is great - some very tricky puzzles! This game has a ton of eye candy too - beautiful environments and atmosphere. If you're into sci fi, platformers and puzzlers, this is the game for you!

I'd wait until it was cheaper though. Right now it's only 25% off, but for those of you who were interested in the game at all... it's worth a playthrough when it hits a cheaper price point. 

Now I think I'll go buy Saints Row 2. I'm excited for SR4!! 

Bah, I bought SSI a week ago at 75% off. Now the complete pack would mean a waste of $1.75, and it's barely cheaper to buy SSZ+DLC than the complete pack (which also includes the soundtrack.) I guess I'll just give SSZ a miss.

I've got a bunch of cards to trade, please PM me here in in Steam (same UserID).  Just looking to complete sets with 1 for 1 trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back