The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotten half duplicates from my getaway cards.

I sold one or two early on before prices dipped. Now I'm wondering if these things will go up in price since they will become something of a 'rarity'.

I've tried to trade my summer cards for ones I needed, but when I couldn't find trades I was able to sell them and then buy what I needed while breaking even. Just gotta list yours when the price is up and buy when it's low.

Question, so assuming Rogue Legacy doesn't get a daily or a flash at 1PM should I buy it when Amazon goes live. Or should I wait until the 9pm est flash? It's the last day so I am trying to figure out the best time to buy it so I can play it asap.

Anyone else have problems with the X360 controller in Sonic Racing Transformed? I have it set to use the 360 controller and it works just fine in all the menus. Once I get into a game though nothing works. I have to unplug it just to bring up the damn pause menu.

regarding Fly'N game, does anyone remember this from a bundle

I checked website indie game wiki and could not find it

I remember this going through greenlight, but cannot remember if it had ever been bundled

Anyone else have problems with the X360 controller in Sonic Racing Transformed? I have it set to use the 360 controller and it works just fine in all the menus. Once I get into a game though nothing works. I have to unplug it just to bring up the damn pause menu.
I'm using a wired 360 controller, and it works fine for me.

regarding Fly'N game, does anyone remember this from a bundle
I checked website indie game wiki and could not find it
I remember this going through greenlight, but cannot remember if it had ever been bundled
It hasn't been bundled.

Are you using an official 360 controller, or third party one? I use an official wireless 360 controller and it works fine in Sonic Racing Transformed.

Well, at least Evoland didn't win.  I don't think Dragon's Lair has been on sale yet, so even though I don't want it, I'd rather that win than Evoland, which had already been on sale earlier this week.  Kinda frustrating that it got more votes than KR0 though.

This is the post in which I will complain about the Community Choice vote results. It's been a pretty consistently disappointing feature of the Steam Sale so far.

I hated Dragon's Lair when it was in the arcade and my opinion remains the same 30 years later. Don Bluth should have stuck to cartoons. 

Dragon's Lair.... won?  Seriously, you can go watch it all on a Youtube channel and act like you're hitting the button.  It's the same experience. Plus, it's super old and has been on every device INCLUDING just a straight DVD for your DVD player.

Steam community...

Heavy-SON-I-AM-DISSAPOINT.jpg

Pardon my not going going back more than a few pages in search of the answer (really wish the site function would return), but where are all of the copies of Just Cause on Steamgifts coming from?  Was there a price error or has it been added to a bundle somewhere?

Pardon my not going going back more than a few pages in search of the answer (really wish the site function would return), but where are all of the copies of Just Cause on Steamgifts coming from? Was there a price error or has it been added to a bundle somewhere?
96% off, 27 cents price error

it's gone back up now

The search function works, it's just different now and all searches go through the one box. Scroll to the search at the top of this page and you can search within this topic, all topics, members, etc.

It hasn't been bundled.

Are you using an official 360 controller, or third party one? I use an official wireless 360 controller and it works fine in Sonic Racing Transformed.
I'm using the official wired controller. It shows all the buttons and whatnot in the menu and works fine, but as soon as I start a race it doesn't function at all.

I'm using the official wired controller. It shows all the buttons and whatnot in the menu and works fine, but as soon as I start a race it doesn't function at all.
Try deleting the conrollers.xml file in your documents folder, did the trick for me.

I'm assuming theres not a GetGamesGo thread so I'll ask here. Do they limit your paypal transactions? I bought some games in two separate transactions, then went back to buy another and the option to pay with Paypal was gone. Is there a reason for that?

Repeats, repeats everywhere. Barring the flash and community repeats sales, I assume it's okay to make our last minute purchases now?

Really? Far cry blood dragon as a community vote when it's been on sale for the exact same price (and lower via glitch) the 2 or 3 times far cry 3 was on sale? Oh well, at least there's nothing good on vote so I can't feel betrayed when the community votes for magicka or something.

I can't remember if previous steam sales have had as many repeats as this one, but it's hard to complain when I spent way more this year than the past... Mostly because amazon and gamersgate completely dropped the ball on their summer sales compared to previous years. Guess that's what happens when there's little competition.

these are NOT repeats.... Most of us already OWN most of the games on sale, so it just seems this way... :headache:

Really? Far cry blood dragon as a community vote when it's been on sale for the exact same price (and lower via glitch) the 2 or 3 times far cry 3 was on sale? Oh well, at least there's nothing good on vote so I can't feel betrayed when the community votes for magicka or something.

I can't remember if previous steam sales have had as many repeats as this one, but it's hard to complain when I spent way more this year than the past...

Maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn. Street Fighter has only been seen ONCE on a vote deal which lost while everything on the vote deals pretty much hits flash sales at some point and/or is repeated constantly in daily + flash. Why?!?

I voted blood dragon out of the hope it might have a price glitch again. But unless something new and amazing pops up via flash or community vote I am done with the sale til tomorrow morning when last minute purchases happen.

Eventually one of these days I'll get a game for some ridiculous price mistake :D . Pretty good sale season overall nothing I'm interested today, at least for myself.

At 10 AM tomorrow, it's back to steam as usual.

these are NOT repeats.... Most of us already OWN most of the games on sale, so it just seems this way... :headache:
Yes they are! <reads angry drunk vibe>

Our collective memory, price trackers, and sales history disagrees with you.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2330156

Maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn. Street Fighter has only been seen ONCE on a vote deal which lost while everything on the vote deals pretty much hits flash sales at some point and/or is repeated constantly in daily + flash. Why?!?
It was a daily/weekend a week before the sale.

You're crazy. All the dailies are repeats, and many of them were already repeated in flash sales (Bioshock, Civ V, etc), so this is the 3rd or 4th time they've appeared in the last week.

These flash sales and the last several are all repeats as well.

All 3 community votes have been on sale for the same or greater discount in the last week.

So which games today are not repeats?

Um, yes they ARE repeats.
yup too many repeats im dont want same fucking repeats this is as repeative as people complaining last year when they miss a fucking flash sale go get urself friend in other country or something lik that fucking repeats no driver sf no dr pack no red faction what sale is this call repeat sale. i think the onnly flash deal no repeat is cave and community chocie is nfs lol that bout it rest repeat and rinse

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back