The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what time Amazon is matching Rogue Legacy?
Per Tony on the amazon thread, yes. However, the hamsters were expected to take 4 hours or so after he posted.

The Walking Dead on sale again, but not the 400 days DLC, which is disappointing considering somebody else already had it for $2.49 prior.

I was thinking of breaking on Borderlands 2 with the repeat sale, but the season pass sits at 33% off only.  They have one item in the DLC list (Mr. Tongue's Campaign) sitting at 33% off throwing the bundle price askew.  Every other DLC is at 66% off, so I'm hoping they correct that.

It always saddens me a little to see the encore day of the steam sale. It's so fun to check up on it daily that when it ends, you're like, well I guess I'll just play these games now...I guess...

Really though, I'm pretty satisfied with what I got and had a lot of fun! I just wish I was able to snag a copy of a severely discounted Runner 2.

Now I'll look forward to the winter sale and hopefully getting Far Cry 3 for ten bucks! (Also the Halloween sale, not as big as the summer or winter, but I love getting a good spooky game =)

What is everyone's list of last minute purchases? trying to make sure I don't forget about anything
It's really short.. and nothing definite yet. Maybe:

The Bleed Pixels - $2.50

Bionic Commando + Readloaded - $2.50/each

Smash Cars - $2

Political Machine - $1

Edit: *maybe* Starscape - $2.50

Fallout Collection  $2.99

Includes 3 items:

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game,

Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game,

Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

My regrets:

Not grabbing Blood Dragon for 55% price glitch.

Amazon failing to match Gunslinger for 48 hours so I couldn't GOONCAVE it.

KR0 losing community vote.

My surprises:

Just how fun Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is.

Finishing Swapper, Gunpoint, and Penny Arcade 4 to justify buying them at less than 75% discount (great games btw).

Amazement as the card market crashed in such a short span of time.

Repeatception.

Oh well, I still got many games on my wishlist so I'm happy :)  Now I'm expecting the classic Steam troll daily on Monday for Rogue Legacy @ 66% off to piss off anyone who buys it on Amazon :p

edit: Oh wow good catch on Fallout Collection @ 85% off.  Is that the normal price whenever Fallout has been on sale?  I might have to snag that as my friend has been trying to get me to play these games on GOG forever...

Well we still have a few flashes left? If incredipede never shows up for 80 percent off I'll be quite disappointed. Kentucky Route Zero and a few others will have been community votes that never materialized other wise.

What is everyone's list of last minute purchases? trying to make sure I don't forget about anything
For me I think it's actually just Critter Crunch. I was going to get To the Moon and Dyad as well, but I think I have enough new purchases to keep me busy until those see a bigger discount. Tempted to get Rogue Legacy from Amazon, but I'm determined to wait for at least a 50% discount. I might pick up a Sonic AST 4-pack for the cardzzz.

Still have a lot left on my wishlist, but it's mostly bundle fodder and stuff I can wait for. With the exception of RL, I got what I wanted most and a couple others I hadn't planned on picking up. Most of it free from selling cards too, so it was a great sale for me. Now, if only I could sell this Fallen Enchantress foil...

I am truly angry that Expeditions Conquistador never came back at 75% off and I doubt it will with the last batch of flash sales at this rate. That was probably the top game I wanted to get out of this sale for 66+% off, can't swing $10 for it.

[background=#f5f5ff]I am truly angry that Expeditions Conquistador never came back at 75% off and I doubt it will with the last batch of flash sales at this rate. That was probably the top game I wanted to get out of this sale for 66+% off, can't swing $10 for it.[/size][/background]
That white background definitely shows your level of anger.

i would love to see people's last minute purchases as well. this was the first time i really did the steam sale. bought

sonic generations + dlc

cs: go

chivalry

super house of dead ninjas

alpha protocol

bastion

FTL

just cause 2

mcpixel

primal carnage

zack zero (what is wrong with me)

pretty good haul aside from the random ZZ purchase. i want civ V but somebody on here says they have it for $5 so i'm gonna hold out and try to get it there. i guess it wouldn't be too bad if i didn't get it regardless considering the amount of hours that list is gonna take from me.

will probably grab some Dishonored DLC and Worms Revolution. I recommend to pick up Puzzle Quest 1 and 2, these game rarely go on sale and they probably won't hit this price anytime soon.

Definite Buys:

• To The Moon
  • Fly'N (thanks Amazon PM)
Still debating:

• The Otherside
  • Blocks That Matter
  • Noitu Love 2 Devolution
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas
  • Audiosurf
  • Botanicula
  • Legend of Fae
  • Puzzle Kingdoms
If I only pick one (or two >$2) I won't have to spend any real money on the sale, so now I'm just debating which I want most/will turn up in a bundle soonest/I will play soon :whistle2:k

Maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn. Street Fighter has only been seen ONCE on a vote deal which lost while everything on the vote deals pretty much hits flash sales at some point and/or is repeated constantly in daily + flash. Why?!?
I wonder if it has anything to do w/ Ultra SF4 getting announced.

I'll wait for SSF4:AE to majorly brick in price or - more likely - I'll just wait for Ultra SF4.

I hope Ultra SF4 ditches G4WL and is straight-up Steamworks.

Definite Buys:

• To The Moon
Still debating:

• The Otherside
  • Blocks That Matter
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Audiosurf
  • Botanicula
  • Legend of Fae
  • Puzzle Kingdoms
If I only pick one (or two >$2) I won't have to spend any real money on the sale, so now I'm just debating which I want most/will turn up in a bundle soonest/I will play soon :whistle2:k
Blocks That Matter, Snuggle Truck, Botanicula, Noitu Love 2, and I think Puzzle Kingdoms have been in bundles before.

Definite Buys:

• To The Moon
Still debating:

• The Otherside
  • Blocks That Matter
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Audiosurf
  • Botanicula
  • Legend of Fae
  • Puzzle Kingdoms
Noitu Love 2 Devolution has been bundled once.

Botanicula was also HIB'd ($5 for a steam key). BTM (fun) and Snuggled Truck also HIB'd. Not sure on Audiosurf.

For whatever reason with shitty CAG 3.0 when you copy and paste from another forum it even includes the white background.
Does that a lot, gotta right click paste as pain text, or use uppeer left edit toggle for plain BBCode/text mode.

I'll wait for SSF4:AE to majorly brick in price or - more likely - I'll just wait for Ultra SF4.

Ultra SF4 is supposed to be a $15 DLC pack for SSF4:AE. So it's your choice.

If I did get AE and Ultra goes steamworks, I hope they still keep the announced upgrade to Ultra as an option so I don't have to buy the game all over again :[

Things I'm thinking about buying, as they're unlikely to be flash or community sales at this point:

Defender's Quest

Dyad

Half-Minute Hero

Under The Ocean

And maybe Patterns, that weird Minecraft-with-triangles thing from the guys who made Second Life? I'm a sucker for odd, probably-overambitious, randomized games where I get all future updates for free and get to watch things grow and materialize.

I actually bought a few things yesterday cause I wanted to play it now (Yup bought Rogue Legacy....I already used my Gooncave discount on Heroes of Might and Magic 6 Complete). I got Resonance (I didn't go into the Groupees bundle that had it as I owned most of those games, and Indie Royal pretty much sucks now) and am looking at a few more cheap games. Also got Puzzle Quest 2...may get galactrix but I remember disliking the game when I tried it out.

Im nabbing Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate for $4.99. Only DLC I played was Dead Money and I'd love a reason to play that game again.
Old World Blues is a fantastic DLC (and IMHO, the best DLC ever made I've played so far)....

...even though all of the other main content DLC's are at least good.

Plus, if you want to do JE Sawyer's HardCore Mode Mod (he was lead director on FO:NV for Obsidian - and actually wanted to make the game even more difficult), so you actually do NEED Ultimate Edition (ALL Main Content DLC + 2 item packs DLC) to run his mod.

JE Sawyer's Hardcore Mode Mod (V 5.1):

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/09/jsawyeresp-v51.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back