The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So Saints Row IV. Yeah it's essentially Saints Row 3 but crazier and with superpowers.

It feels kinda like an expansion to Saints Row 3 in the gameplay department but at the same time it's got loads of content as any open world game does. If you liked Saints Row 3 and wanted more crazy, this is right up your alley.

Me, I had to stop playing it because if not I would be up all night with it, lol.

I fixed it by hitting the Home key on my keyboard, which brought up the Social Club interface, and then logging into Social Club, and then allowing it to link my (Steam?) account to the Social Club account.

I don't understand why I had to do this, I played through the entire game with no problem last year or whenever it was released. Lucky I stumbled onto the fact that Home brings up that menu, I had no idea and it doesn't give you any indication whatsoever other than "Press (Start/enter icon) to Start".
I had forgotten why I don't buy Rockstar games. Thanks for the reminder!

(Maybe when they create an Antisocial Club, I'll buy in... but probably not.)

Valve needs more pressure to enhance Steam.
There ought to be a law.

That post was on the AOE Online site, then it cause quite a stir around the net and apparently Microsoft yanked it, but there are screenshots of it around that people took. There's probably something to it but probably also more going on behind the scenes and/or they underestimated the backlash. We'll see.
Microsoft utterly surprised by unexpected backlash from their customers over an announced decision? Surely you jest!

Too bad EA didn't have this policy at the Sim City launch. The next Dragon Age game might provide an opportunity to see if they will put their money where their mouth is though.
Just watch the refunds come in the form of Origin credit. They have you either way.

Empires: Total War, that's the only one left that I want! That's why Steam has it only 50% off!
ftfy

So Saints Row IV. Yeah it's essentially Saints Row 3 but crazier and with superpowers.

It feels kinda like an expansion to Saints Row 3 in the gameplay department but at the same time it's got loads of content as any open world game does. If you liked Saints Row 3 and wanted more crazy, this is right up your alley.

Me, I had to stop playing it because if not I would be up all night with it, lol.
Yeah.

It feels like "You wanted more Saints Row 3? Here's more Saints Row 3!"

But in the best possible way.

I don't think I've ever been so satisfied with what is essentially more of the same.

Yeah.

I don't think I've ever been so satisfied with what is essentially more of the same.
I was shocked they didn't use the "Now Even Saints Rowier" tagline. Personally, I hated the gunplay in SR3. Conversely, I really freaking loved the Infamous franchise, and the superpowers look fun enough for me to pick it up in the future. Hope the modding community goes nuts.

Who cares about Steam when you can have an Ouya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ&feature=youtu.be

Wish I was playing SR4 by now, expecting a key from Nuuvem on Friday.
I have to wait until Thursday PM to receive my physical copy from Amazon. So you're not alone :)

That might be the best thing about a backlog, plenty of games to occupy oneself when you need to wait for the newest shiny & sparkly game to arrive.

Who cares about Steam when you can have an Ouya?

Saw that on Coldtaco (kotaku) that is disgusting, not for what was going on, but the fact that the font looked terrible! Leaves a nasty taste in my mouth :p who needs a $100 console with "Free to try" games, when you can get a quality console, and play demos of great games for free? Not like steam games are cheap enough anyway.

That might be the best thing about a backlog, plenty of games to occupy oneself with playing 1 and idling for cards when you need to wait for the newest shiny & sparkly game to arrive, just to be thrown into the backlog as you try to finish a game.
Ftfy, mine would be all backlog, nothing else (at least my comp comes in the mail tomorrow :D/

I have to wait until Thursday PM to receive my physical copy from Amazon. So you're not alone :)

That might be the best thing about a backlog, plenty of games to occupy oneself when you need to wait for the newest shiny & sparkly game to arrive.
That's true, I spent some time trying to plow through Resident Evil 6 today.

FYI I was just reading that people are having a hell of a time getting the Uplay version of Splinter Cell Blacklist to work. If you have a choice, go with the Steam version for sure.

# Please type your reply above this line #
Ticket#18769: The Total War Steam Sale features Shogun 2: Fall of the Samur...​
Hello,​
Thank you for contacting Sega of America Customer Service. Your request (#18769) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff. Response times may vary, but typically you will hear back from us within the same business day. Our agents are on hand from 9AM to 5PM Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday (with the exception of US national holidays). Requests received over the weekend will be answered the following Monday.​
To review the status of this request and add additional comments, follow the link below:

You may also reply via email.​
MISSING MIND, Aug 20 14:45 (PDT):
Summary: The Total War Steam Sale features Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai for 75% off but Shogun 2 and its DLC are only 50% off -- is this a mistake or glitch?
I'm disappointed because I missed out on the 75% discount in the past. I've attached some pics of the current Total War Steam Sale. Thanks!
______________________________ This email is a service from Sega of America Customer Service.​
# Please type your reply above this line #
Ticket #18769: The Total War Steam Sale features Shogun 2: Fall of the Samur...​
Your request (#18769) has been updated and it's Status set to "Pending Reply".​
:?: , Aug 20 16:51 (PDT):
I am sorry I do not understand your question. If Steam has it up for 50% then it is not a glitch. Thanks!
Thank you,
:?:
SEGA of America
Customer Service​
______________________________​
Our staff is awaiting your response. To review the status of the request and add additional comments, please follow the link below:

You may also reply to this email directly.​
***If you do not respond within 7 days the status will be set to "Solved"***​
This email is a service from Sega of America Customer Service.​
They got back to me swiftly.
Note: I admit that I could have penned that more clearly but...

agre but it also menas u get bored of one u go another and not finish level llike me heh

Ftfy, mine would be all backlog, nothing else (at least my comp comes in the mail tomorrow :D/
dont we backlog now a day i less than 50% play my games

I was shocked they didn't use the "Now Even Saints Rowier" tagline. Personally, I hated the gunplay in SR3. Conversely, I really freaking loved the Infamous franchise, and the superpowers look fun enough for me to pick it up in the future. Hope the modding community goes nuts.
Gunplay and movement while armed is way tighter and cleaner in SR4.

So speaking of the French games, have folks played the Game of Thrones RPG? I'm tempted to double-dip at this price because even though I snagged a copy of the base game for $10 on Origin, there's no way for me to get the Beyond the Wall DLC on Origin (at least that I've been able to figure out).

I have to wait until 75% off or the next Humble Deep Silver Bundle...so next week maybe?
Yeah pretty much this, minus the next week part. :p I mean it sounds cool and all and I agree that SR is one case where more of the same sounds like a good thing but while I want it, I don't $20+ want it. It's a good sign that people are having fun with it though. I'd definitely keep it on my radar for when it goes cheap.

So speaking of the French games, have folks played the Game of Thrones RPG? I'm tempted to double-dip at this price because even though I snagged a copy of the base game for $10 on Origin, there's no way for me to get the Beyond the Wall DLC on Origin (at least that I've been able to figure out).
Wait, let me get this straight. You paid $10 for the not so highly regarded Game of Thrones RPG on Origin, haven't played it yet (presumably since you are asking if anyone else has) and are looking to buy it again?

Alrighty then. :whistle2:?

On the subject of cards...

I am considering NOT crafting any of my cards until the Fall Sale is ongoing, under the assumption that I at least won't be "awarded" a bunch of shit-assed coupons. Is this sound logic, or did you guys get shit-assed coupons during the Winter Sale, too?

On the subject of cards...

I am considering NOT crafting any of my cards until the Fall Sale is ongoing, under the assumption that I at least won't be "awarded" a bunch of shit-assed coupons. Is this sound logic, or did you guys get shit-assed coupons during the Winter Sale, too?
Cardz weren't around during the winter sale. Also, as far as I'm aware, you can't stack the coupons with any sale.

I didn't start crafting until the end of the SSS and I've had decent percentage off coupons (-66%, -75%) drop randomly, but none for games that interest me.

Wait, let me get this straight. You paid $10 for the not so highly regarded Game of Thrones RPG on Origin, haven't played it yet (presumably since you are asking if anyone else has) and are looking to buy it again?

took the words right out of my mouth. I'll never understand why people are so obsessed with owning DLC for a game they haven't even played, and possibly won't even like :drool:

I meant Summer. So did you get coupons during the Summer sale after crafting badges?
Nope. Just a Summer Sale Card instead. Which turned out to be just as worthless.
Hey, $0.15 is better than a coupon cluttering my inventory ;)

Hey, $0.15 is better than a coupon cluttering my inventory ;)
But definitely did not cover the ~$0.50 paid to craft the badge in the first place. In that sense, the coupon is worth more, but only under certain conditions:

A) It's for a game you want.

B) It's for 75% off.

PSA - Those conditions have the same chance of happening as Brandon Knight ever recovering from this (daily deal related):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0AQw3WFkE[/youtube]

But definitely did not cover the ~$0.50 paid to craft the badge in the first place. In that sense, the coupon is worth more, but only under certain conditions:

B) It's for 75% off.

PSA - Those conditions have the same chance of happening as Brandon Knight ever recovering from this (daily deal related):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0AQw3WFkE[/youtube]

wtfclips.0_standard_709.0.gif

Yeah.

I'm waiting on the first real sale by anyone, even 33% off, to get this. I know I could have gotten it at about 20% off if not a bit more at launch but I was still playing Tomb Raider. I want this bad.

I need more cardz money by November.

Enemy Within

Well, maybe by late December for winter sale around 33% off. Regardless, need more cardz!
XCOM:EU was my favorite game of 2012; whoever has the best launch deal on this gets my money.

Hmm, development on that Nuuvem Saints Row 4 fiasco. Sounds like Deep Silver are being cocks and not giving them ROW keys so they're having to obtain a key for each individual customer based on their particular location in the world. The people who ordered from Australia aren't getting their keys til September. Be careful when pre-ordering Deep Silver games!

Hmm, development on that Nuuvem Saints Row 4 fiasco. Sounds like Deep Silver are being cocks and not giving them ROW keys so they're having to obtain a key for each individual customer based on their particular location in the world. The people who ordered from Australia aren't getting their keys til September. Be careful when pre-ordering Deep Silver games!
As someone mentioned earlier, I'd expect you're going to see more of things like this. Deep Silver is probably just the first to step up and do something about it. Taking advantage of regional pricing has gotten pretty out of control lately, and, honestly, this is one of those cases where it's totally reasonable for the publisher to crack down on it.

As someone mentioned earlier, I'd expect you're going to see more of things like this. Deep Silver is probably just the first to step up and do something about it. Taking advantage of regional pricing has gotten pretty out of control lately, and, honestly, this is one of those cases where it's totally reasonable for the publisher to crack down on it.
Why? You're not opposed to One World Pricing, are you?

<calls in the black helicopters>

But technically speaking it's in Nuuvem's contract with the publishers that they are only supposed to sell to their region. And Nuuvem know that but they are being all Amazon about it and putting the South America residents only notice up on their site (in Portuguese :p) but then not actually giving a crap or making any attempt whatsoever to enforce their own terms that they list. Deep Silver doesn't want to give them the keys because they know they are going to people intentionally trying to get around regional pricing. And Nuuvem knows it too.

TL;DR - Deep Silver isn't changing the rules, they are attempting to enforce the ones that were in the first place because Nuuvem hasn't been.

Why? You're not opposed to One World Pricing, are you?

<calls in the black helicopters>

Regional pricing has existed as long as currency has and probably before that even. And it's not going away. People may not like it but there are reasons for it.

B) It's for 75% off.

I managed to snag a 75% off coupon for Ultratron, which turned out to be a pretty good game. And only about $1 (paid with other card's money) after selling its own dropped cards. I feel pretty good about that one.

I enjoyed Martin's books enough to read all five of them, so I'm interested in Game of Thrones-themed games. I haven't played my Origin copy yet because of . . . backlog. The order in which I choose to play games is fairly random. However, I was interested in the story DLC (Beyond the Wall) and it doesn't seem to be available on Origin and it almost certainly won't be part of any kind of sale. That's why I'm considering double-dipping (the game and all DLC are on sale for less than what I paid for the base game). People have done it for less justification than that.

took the words right out of my mouth. I'll never understand why people are so obsessed with owning DLC for a game they haven't even played, and possibly won't even like :drool:
I'm not really in the minority on this, unless I'm grossly mistaken. Lots of people (particularly CAGs) pony up for DLCs for games that are backlogged. I've done it recently for XCOM: EU (both), BL2 (the Mechromancer pack) and I may do it for Skyrim if some of those hit a 75% sale before I get around to firing it up. Is it a waste of money if it turns out you hate the game? Absolutely--then again, so was buying the game in the first place. Nevertheless, I have made an effort to cut down on this--I've avoided picking up the character DLCs for Jagged Alliance:BIA through a Herculean effort of will, despite numerous 75%-off sales.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Rome II pre-order deal? Thanks in advance!
Snagged it with a coupon off of GMG for $45.97 or something around there. Looks like the prices are steadily dropping everywhere. Make sure you only pre-order from the Day One DLC retailers.

But technically speaking it's in Nuuvem's contract with the publishers that they are only supposed to sell to their region. And Nuuvem know that but they are being all Amazon about it and putting the South America residents only notice up on their site (in Portuguese :p) but then not actually giving a crap or making any attempt whatsoever to enforce their own terms that they list. Deep Silver doesn't want to give them the keys because they know they are going to people intentionally trying to get around regional pricing. And Nuuvem knows it too.

TL;DR - Deep Silver isn't changing the rules, they are attempting to enforce the ones that were in the first place because Nuuvem hasn't been.

Regional pricing has existed as long as currency has and probably before that even. And it's not going away. People may not like it but there are reasons for it.
I understand that, but because it's an inconvenience to me I'm gonna call them cocks regardless.

I just find hilarious and a little hypocrite that they decided to region lock steam codes but the version that sells on the Brazilian Steam Store (or any other except for the Russian) is still region free. I personally have nothing against region locked games, i understand that if a game is much cheaper on a region the publisher has all the rights to lock the game to avoid losing money, what pisses me off is when publishers wait until the release date to apply such rules. Your game is cheaper on Russia and you want to lock it?, fine by me, but make your rules clear before even putting the game on any retailer and avoid the shitstorm.

While i agree the Nuveem clearly states that their games are meant to be sell games to their region, in this case nothing showed that this game could have been region locked at release because the version sold on the Brazilian store was and still is region free.

TL;DR this is Deep Silver clearly getting late to the party and realizing the goofed up the locking and the pricing on their gamer, mad props to Nuveem for trying to fix a mess that isn't theirs.

So is it still possible to order from Nuuvem for SR4 if I'm in the US?
From the Nuveem Forums:

"We're aware that most of our international community is having a big time wondering if the Saints Row key that we're providing will be regionally exclusive or not.

In a first moment, the Saints Row IV pre-purchase rights that we sold until now, will, indeed, be redeemed as regional keys, but we've already taken action in order to protect the best interests and rights of our foreign users, so, soon after the game is launched we guarantee that all the foreign users that pre-purchased with us will receive a worldwide redeemable key.

It is important to state though, that all the keys that will be sold AFTER the game launch, will be regionally blocked.

If there is any question that remains unanswered please let us know.

Best Regards

Nuuvem Team"

The game already launched on Brazil so my best guess is that the keys are region locked, i wouldn't risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back