The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
True. La Mulana and Giana Sisters in HIBX...

At any rate, for me personally at least the 75% off rule doesn't apply anymore. Only 90%+ is an instant buy for me, what with all the insane bundle deals we've seen this year.
At this rate it'll be -99% or bust by winter. Only penny games from BB from now on ;)

Picked up Sonic Racing. It may be a part of a future Amazon bundle, but I've wanted it for a while now and $5 is cheap enough for me. Already played 30 mins of it -- very fun. Just what I wanted. Love the transforming levels. The first time it happened I was taken by surprise -- very fun to have that feeling in a video game.

Daily Deal

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed - $19.99 $4.99

Seriously considering grabbing this, since I missed the $7.49 Sonic pack glitch, though part of me thinks amazon will have it in a $10 bundle soon and I don't own any Sonic games on Steam yet :whistle2:k
Same here.

I think I will wait it out. I was kicking myself for buying Tomb Raider and Hitman just a bit before the bundle was announced for cheaper than both combined plus it had more games.

Not letting that happen again.. at least not this year! haha

You save even more if you host a 4 pack through him. DOOOOOOO IT.

It's an amazing game.

Well I'm not sure I'd be able to unload the other three copies, and would prefer not to have to spam the trade thread for weeks. If someone else wanted to host though :bouncy:

Well I'm not sure I'd be able to unload the other three copies, and would prefer not to have to spam the trade thread for weeks. If someone else wanted to host though :bouncy:
At that price I'm pretty sure you'd host pretty easily. I always post in the trade thread, line up my three groupees and then buy. Never left stuck with a game except once. But that was Primal Fears and well, that was Primal Fears.

After being underwhelmed by Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us, I've stopped putting a ton of stock into most reviews. Not that I was particularly interested in it to begin with, so 10 or 1 it doesn't matter much to me :???:

Side note: am I the only one sick of hearing GTA described as "a sharp-tongued satire of contemporary America"?
I loved Infinite, didn't play last of us. And I knew GTA would get awesome reviews unless it completely sucked somehow. GTA IV got a 98%(!!!!) average on Metacritic for xbox and ps3. I thought that game was terrible. SOOOOO boring, driving was a pain, shooting sucked. Oh but the city was so great and life like! Such an overrated game, overall, IMHO.

Picked up La Mulana. I've heard a gazillion good things about this. If it's in a bundle...meh, oh well, it's the risk you take. I'm not going to stop buying things when they're just 3 dollars and 80% off based on the off chance it may be in a bundle soon.

Picked up La Mulana. I've heard a gazillion good things about this. If it's in a bundle...meh, oh well, it's the risk you take. I'm not going to stop buying things when they're just 3 dollars and 80% off based on the off chance it may be in a bundle soon.
CAG in Training

Also:

Ship Simulator Extreme is on sale 75% off so 7.49 for the entire collection.  Desperados 2 is also 75% off to $2.49.

That Exodus shooter game looks interested, but then I see Strategy First and it yells bundle to me. 

I don't know, IMO it makes sense to stick to one ecosystem, either Android or iOS. The two aren't really designed to be interoperable--specifically on the Apple side. Apple stuff is designed to work with other Apple stuff (theoretically at least) in an easy and user-friendly way, but not necessarily with non-iOS or OS X devices.

In a broad sense I think it's redundant to have an iPad and an iPhone because they mostly do the same things, but if you need a smartphone and you already own iStuff and have an iCloud(sp?) account, I don't see that it makes any sense to go outside of the Apple ecosystem for your phone device. You won't be able to find the same apps that you have on your iDevice and it won't work the same way.

You should play Torment soon. It's probably one of the best cRPGs ever.

Agreed on most points but you left out Storm of Zehir, which was excellent. It brought a real Pool of Radiance feel to the series with the return of a true overland map.
Storm of Zehir was good - though I didn't like it nearly as much as I did NWN2 base game & especially nowhere as much as I loved Mask of the Betrayer.

Storm of Zehir was good - though I didn't like it nearly as much as I did NWN2 base game & especially nowhere as much as I loved Mask of the Betrayer.
The only thing I didn't care for about Mask of the Betrayer was
the frickin' mask. It was a pretty irritating game mechanic, like playing a big chunk of a game where you've been tossed in a dungeon and stripped of all of your equipment. Those sequences can be fun if they're short, but otherwise. . . not so much.
On the whole, though, I thought the entire Neverwinter Nights franchise was great.

The only thing I didn't care for about Mask of the Betrayer was
the frickin' mask. It was a pretty irritating game mechanic, like playing a big chunk of a game where you've been tossed in a dungeon and stripped of all of your equipment. Those sequences can be fun if they're short, but otherwise. . . not so much.
On the whole, though, I thought the entire Neverwinter Nights franchise was great.
I can't say the same.

NWN1 base game campaign disappointed the hell out of me - more on and off than a light switch; and I didn't care for the lack of strategic party-control here (especially after BG2).

About the NWN1 base game campaign story....

While I liked the Aribeth, Fenthick and the story w/ the Royalty of the city...

...I totally disliked the "Ancient race" story w/ Morag. That part felt so rushed and thrown together - it was terrible; especially for BioWare standards.

EDIT:

After being underwhelmed by Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us, I've stopped putting a ton of stock into most reviews. Not that I was particularly interested in it to begin with, so 10 or 1 it doesn't matter much to me :???:

Side note: am I the only one sick of hearing GTA described as "a sharp-tongued satire of contemporary America"?
GTA - I'm just sick of there NOT being a GTA5 PC port announced. ;)

Bioshock: Infinite - Loved it.

The Last of Us - I'd love to see a PC port, but I can keep dreaming; damn Sony published games.

I can't say the same.

NWN1 base game campaign disappointed the hell out of me - more on and off than a light switch; and I didn't care for the lack of strategic party-control here (especially after BG2).

About the NWN1 base game campaign story....

While I liked the Aribeth, Fenthick and the story w/ the Royalty of the city...

...I totally disliked the "Ancient race" story w/ Morag. That part felt so rushed and thrown together - it was terrible; especially for BioWare standards.
I liked the Aribeth part of the story--this presaged, IIRC, the story of SW:KOTOR, but the rest of it has been a few too many years for me to remember well enough to agree or disagree. ;)

Omegalodon Steam keys are now available on Desura.

http://www.desura.com/games/omegalodon/keys
Thank you!!!!

No, I just meant it's already been bundled. The way you said it I wasn't sure if you knew or not. It could certainly be in a new bundle soon (maybe even a HIB9 bonus), but we all said the same thing about Giana Sisters when it was -80% and I'm still waiting :whistle2:(
yeah, sorry about that, the burger was wrong ;) I still think it will be bundled, just not as soon as I said it would.

Hack, Slash, Loot has cards!!!!

GTA - I'm just sick of there NOT being a GTA5 PC port announced. ;)

Bioshock: Infinite - Loved it.

The Last of Us - I'd love to see a PC port, but I can keep dreaming; damn Sony published games.
I'll add that TLOU was great. If a game can keep me playing through a frustrating boss so that I can see the story, then they must have done something right. I just couldn't stop, I needed to know what happened to Ellie

I think the solid SEGA sale today and some of the ultra-cheap weekly deals might be Steam's way of saying "We're sorry for the Activision sale"

there will be no half life 3

Half-Life-3-Has-Been-Canceled.jpg

half life 3 steam key   HL3W-177N-0T4A-PP3N

Did Gordon Freeman speak? Seriously, it's been so long since I played either game that I don't remember.

I don't know why but I preordered Agarest: Generationss of War.

Ok I know why, because it's a JRPG which fun and I am sure the story will be amazingly bad. Still I don't know why I preordered it since I wont get around to it till next year probably, lol. I guess the free DLC turned me on to it, lol.

I don't know why but I preordered Agarest: Generationss of War.

Ok I know why, because it's a JRPG which fun and I am sure the story will be amazingly bad. Still I don't know why I preordered it since I wont get around to it till next year probably, lol. I guess the free DLC turned me on to it, lol.
I've had it for ages on Xbox. It's a solid SRPG with great visuals and whatnot, but it's EXTREMELY repetitive and chore-like. Going from point A to point B on the overworld map means going through a fuckton of battles, and they'll all basically come down to you positioning your characters in such a formation that they do "link" attacks every time combat occurs. Beyond those link attacks, things are relatively pointless.

There's a lot of depth to the game, amazing art, loads of characters, monsters to recruit and combine into new monsters, etc. You even build your relationship with certain females on your party, choose one as a wife, have a kid, then move onto the next generation (all of which goes along with the storyline) with your previous relationship/wife affecting the new generation's hero's stats.

So... it's interesting, but the slugfest of constant repetitive battles really sapped my love for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back