The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm replaying Arkham Asylum GOTY, trying to get all achievements.

I dunno why. I just ... started. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the campaign on normal.
I'm playing Arkham Asylum for the first time. I had been putting it off as I didn't want to deal with the multi-DRM stuff. I had been playing Hitman Blood Money and it's been set aside until I finish Batman.

your still sloggin thru that game? hahaha Your gonna need some pain pills for Ada, Chris and Jake's campaigns ;p
I already finished Leon's campaign and Chris's campaign.

Like I said - I'm working on Jake's; just made my to Chapter 4.

Ada's campaign is the only one completely untouched.

So watcha all playing these days?

I just started playing Thief for the first time with the new fancy mod (yeah, I know, I'm about 15 years behind the times). Hopefully it'll live up to all the hype...
I picked up Tomb Raider Underworld for whatever reason recently, and am enjoying it rather a lot. It's basically just classic Tomb Raiding (flaws and all) but it's been a while since I've played one and I've always enjoyed the style of them. Other than that I finished Arkham City and Thomas Was Alone last week and thoroughly enjoyed them both, and then there is the usual assortment of Indie and casual games I play off and on that are too many to list ^_^

Played and finished Mafia 2 over the last week, Beyond Two Souls the week before that. Now just farting around til Batman Arkham Origins comes out tomorrow.
me too bro :) got it all preloaded and my drivers are ready! I still got Lego Marvel to beat and im playing dat new Saints Row 4 dlc and also just got Don't Starve from Jakeynome, still working on Marlow Briggs also ^_^

Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Also beat Mars: War Logs and Beyond: Two Souls recently. Both were interesting but problematic. Mars left the better taste in my mouth.

Been playing GTA Online and Beyond Two Souls. I really enjoyed Beyond Two Souls. I plan on playing through the Duo mode with my roommate this weekend.

I hope to play The Wolf Among Us soon. It looks really damn good and I absolutely loved TWD. Probably going to jump back into Don't Starve or start up Fez soon.

Damn! You guys are sure handling your backlogs better than I am. I just got sucked back into CS:GO. You know what that means, too many hours spent on not even touching the backlog. Ugh, it's an endless loop. I blame myself, but in reality it's just an ulterior motiv(e) so I can burn up free time until Batman Arkham Origins is unlocked. :D  If I start something I usually have to finish it. #OCD

I've also been spending a little time playing Bad Hotel. Fun little game, but I swear there's a bug making it impossible to finish some levels where too many angry clouds & birds with bombs obliterate my hotels with ease. It's possible I'm just turrrrble at this game too ;). There was an update today so maybe I'll try my luck again. It's an iOS port I believe and I'm not sure it's worth it's full price right now. Entertaining yes, but much better if in the 50-75% off to Bundle range. Although I did sell the 3 Cards for $1.75 (.50, .65, .60) helping ease the early jump and card prices are still pretty high surprisingly.

EDIT: I also just bought the Infamous Collection (PS3) and Killzone Trilogy (PS3) off eBay for super cheap. Might get into these in November. Maybe.

Beyond is a game that more or less has to be judged on its narrative, and I took enough structural and ideological issue with that narrative to come away colder on it than I did after my time with War Logs. I didn't hate Beyond, and I didn't love War Logs, but the former disappointed me while the latter surprised.

EDIT: I also played the first episode of The Wolf Among Us, which I found highly enjoyable. It's nice to see Telltale seems to be hammering out some of their pacing issues that made The Walking Dead drag in many parts.

Interesting news (saw it on Forbes last week) regarding Nvidia pushing out a game bundle with their video cards to compete with AMD. Supposedly running from October 28th to November 26th.

Consumers who purchase GeForce GTX 670, 680, 690, or 760 will receive downloadable copies of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Splinter Cell Blacklist. In North America only, participating retailers will also offer $50 off the purchase of Nvidia’s Shield console, a hybrid handheld Android and PC gaming system.

The “ultimate” bundle comes into play for consumers purchasing the higher-end GeForce video cards. Buy a GTX 770, 780, or Titan, and you’ll be treated to Assassin’s Creed IV, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Batman: Arkham Origins, and $100 off the Shield console in North America.

Been thinking about a 760 versus one of the AMD 280x's.  I'm not a bleeding edge gamer nor do I play at high resolutions so I might settle on the 760 for $50ish less.  That said, I'm thinking those Ubi games will come in the form of UPlay codes and not Steam codes.

EDIT: I also just bought the Infamous Collection (PS3) and Killzone Trilogy (PS3) off eBay for super cheap. Might get into these in November. Maybe.
The Killzone Trilogy is alright as a whole, but I love the inFAMOUS Collection. Three great games right there, and I'm very excited for inFAMOUS Second Son in February for PS4(roommate is getting one).

On a side note I loaded up Don't Starve to try out the company's official mod/free update The Screecher. I have to say that was great. Short, sweet, and made me jump a few times(especially the end). Very nice. If you have Don't Starve then check it out for sure.

Beyond is a game that more or less has to be judged on its narrative, and I took enough structural and ideological issue with that narrative to come away colder on it than I did after my time with War Logs. I didn't hate Beyond, and I didn't love War Logs, but the former disappointed me while the latter surprised.
This piqued my curiosity so I watched Yahtzee's review of Beyond Colon Two Souls - tl;dr, he doesn't to like it very much.

Been thinking about a 760 versus one of the AMD 280x's. I'm not a bleeding edge gamer nor do I play at high resolutions so I might settle on the 760 for $50ish less. That said, I'm thinking those Ubi games will come in the form of UPlay codes and not Steam codes.

I was all decided on an Asus r9 280x a week ago but I've changed my mind and sticking with Nvidia. Going with the Gigabyte 770 and waiting for that game bundle to take effect before ordering. The ubi games will be Uplay codes and I'm gonna sell them, got AC4 Gold already preordered through steam and I can wait for a better deal on Splinter Cell through steam.

I don't want any of my games tied to ubisoft's store, and yeah I know the Steam versions have Uplay launcher.

To be honest I'm not wild about the games so as long as I can sell them that would be cool.  No idea what they'd be worth?  $20ish each?  Less?  AC4 is brand new.  Not sure how many sales there have been on Blacklist.

Welp, Gamesrocket.com is selling Sleepy Dawgs LE for 1.5 euro (~2.11 USD) for ITALY, but when I pay w/ Paypal, they want me to verify my account with a photo of me and my ID together + a scan of the ID. Which would show me not being in Italy. Anybody got a hookup?
If you can give me your SSN, I'll hook you up.

Welp, Gamesrocket.com is selling Sleepy Dawgs LE for 1.5 euro (~2.11 USD) for ITALY, but when I pay w/ Paypal, they want me to verify my account with a photo of me and my ID together + a scan of the ID. Which would show me not being in Italy. Anybody got a hookup?

edit: I guess that should be gamesrocket.it

http://www.gamesrocket.it/download/Sleeping-Dogs-Limited-Edition.html

edit2: Spain too:

http://www.gamesrocket.es/Descargar/Sleeping-Dogs-Limited-Edition.html
i posted this earlier too, but deleted it because they asked me for the same verification.

however, i read somewhere that using an italian paypal adress should do the trick

but as Mooby said, is it worth the hassle? probably not

i sent them an email to cancel the order

So watcha all playing these days?

I just started playing Thief for the first time with the new fancy mod (yeah, I know, I'm about 15 years behind the times). Hopefully it'll live up to all the hype...
Pokemon X (Black sheep of the group :D) And hopefully Ace Attorney 5 if Nintendo decides to unlock it :p

I recently finished sleeping dogs. Is my #2 preferred "sandbox" game (#1 is vice city). SD beat GTA VC storywise, but my VC memories and the "fun factor" make it #1

Now I'm playing KF (Halloween event) and will continue Xcom

Funny, I've been buying so many steam sale and humble bundle games, it's been hard to focus on playing just one thing.

I'm trying to play Dawn of War II and Dark Souls before GFWL goes down. Dark Souls always intimidates me though. I just keep leveling up in the same room after the dragon bridge, scared to go through the next foggy boss door :(

I kinda wanna play some more Resident Evil 5, as it's also GFWL, but I beat that on Xbox, so it's not high on my priority list.

I've also been playing DC Universe Online. Leveling has really slowed down for me since I got in the 20's.

Unbelievable, I've always been a huge fan of Enslaved Odyssey to the West but had to deal with tons of screen tearing and other issues on PS3. I loved it anyway. I just found out it's coming to PC this month, maybe even this week. Amazing! Everyone buy it, I need a sequel so bad.
I'm on the other side of the fence... Surprisingly, in my opinion as I usually like the underdog games more than allot of AAA titles but Enslaved... Ugh. Just a complete disappointment. The voice work was awesome as was the animation. But combat, platforming, story, characters (minus Monkey) were bad...

The worst part was the camera... Which was so bad it made me nauseated when on my big screen. I had to hook up the 360 to my PC monitor just to play it.

I would ignore a perfectly good bundle so as to not support this game... (I lucked out and got my 360 copy used from Amazon Warehouse)

And, yes, that was harsh... :lol:

Funny, I've been buying so many steam sale and humble bundle games, it's been hard to focus on playing just one thing.

I'm trying to play Dawn of War II and Dark Souls before GFWL goes down.
Is it possible to play vanilla DoW II and Chaos Rising campaigns via Retribution?

If not... I need to get started on DoW II again...

Can someone who pre-purchased Arkham Origins check if it's playable?

Up until a few minutes ago the store page on Steam (website) said it would unlock in about 9 hours. Now it gives an option to "play now" and shows up on the home page under the "new releases" tab. (The Season Pass is also for sale now).

However, in the Steam client the only option is to preload (which I've already done), with no option to play it.

Why must you tease me like this, Steam? :wall:

On the subject of what we're playing, quoting my post from yesterday below that nobody seemed to notice at the time. I'm also dabbling a few minutes at a time at various games in the old backlog: Serious Sam, the first Borderlands, which I have finally added to the collection thanks to a code drop from LN3000, and Botanicula, which I'm finding charming. I must also admit to sinking a couple hours into Samantha Swift...it's easy to pick up and play for just a few minutes at a time, which I can't say about most of my games, and I can also play it while talking on the phone. ;) I made it through one tutorial for Crusader Kings 2 but that's it so far.

I just finished my first run through of Rogue Legacy. I have a feeling it took me a lot longer than some others - 148 children over almost 27 hours. I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Too much grinding, too little environment and enemy variety. It didn't help that I had played the demo through to completion, and so having to start all the way back at the beginning after beating the first boss was quite a step back; and I don't think I invested my gold in the most efficient order (there are a number of useless or semi-useless skills and classes - I would advise prioritizing the Paladin and Barbarian, and health and attack upgrades if you want the fastest path to victory). It's not a bad game, but it didn't exactly live up to my high hopes for it and I kind of wish I would have invested those hours in something else. Once I was halfway through I felt compelled to finish it even though I wasn't enjoying it all that much anymore...but I doubt I'll put much time into NG+. I don't really understand how some of you guys can want to play this game over and over.

Magic: The Gathering card collection called The Indie Custom Cube.

http://www.indiecustomcube.com/index.html

S7FhsRR.jpg

Listed all my deus ex hr cards 12 hrs ago, they all just sold within the last 30 minutes, weird. Got around .20-.27 profit each so that took at least $1 off the price. Not bad!

A lot of people like Risen 1. It's made by the same people that made the gothic series, and apparently it's a good embodiment of the spirit of those games. Risen 2 gets a lot of hate.
I found Risen 1 to be tedious (but I guess I may reinstall for cards, if I actually have this on Steam--it may be a physical copy) and I quit after about 10 hours. I've only played the demo for Risen 2 so far but it already seems like a better game.

Magic Card collection called The Indie Custom Cube.
http://www.indiecustomcube.com/index.html

S7FhsRR.jpg
Well, I read this but I still don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back