The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you guys want the older games? Go with 3 Complete for $8.
... what the? Max Payne 1, 2, and 3 Complete aren't region restricted. ONLY THE COMPLETE PACKAGE IS.

Also, uh, some of us liked the classic Max Payne games? I have them somewhere on disc, and wouldn't mind switching them out with Steam versions.

Longtime Gamefly subscribers have a discount for digital orders.

Please stand up and show yourself, longtime-Gamefly subscriber (fucking coward).

... what the? Max Payne 1, 2, and 3 Complete aren't region restricted. ONLY THE COMPLETE PACKAGE IS.

Also, uh, some of us liked the classic Max Payne games? I have them somewhere on disc, and wouldn't mind switching them out with Steam versions.
I don't know where you live, son. Sheesh...

Good deal on dat Maximum Paynez. But Ima wait for another price drop and pick the pack up when it gets a bit lower. Max Payne games have never been ones I've been too anxious to play.

Why do you guys want the older games? Go with 3 Complete for $8.
Max Payne 3 Complete

Hmmm...I'm curious - does anybody play Max Payne 3 Multiplayer online on the PC these days?

If people are - well, then there's a good reason to go Complete, since all the DLC's for MP.

If not - eh. [MysterD shoulder shrug]

Max Payne 1 and 2

As for the OLD Max Payne games (Max 1 and 2) - they're great. I certainly thought they were great, when they first dropped on the PC, IMHO. But, honestly, I think every PC gamer into third-person shooters should own those already, anyways - they're bloody classics and been on sale for like $2.49 each numerous times on Steam.

Though, the thing is - they can be a pain-in-the-ass to get the sound-issues fixed to run the game on modern OS's - see here on how to fix.

Max Payne 3 Complete

Hmmm...I'm curious - does anybody play Max Payne 3 Multiplayer online on the PC these days?

If people are - well, then there's a good reason to go Complete, since all the DLC's for MP.

Max Payne 1 and 2

As for the OLD Max Payne games (Max 1 and 2) - they're great. I certainly thought they were great, when they first dropped on the PC, IMHO. But, honestly, I think every PC gamer into third-person shooters should own those already, anyways - they're bloody classics and been on sale for like $2.49 each numerous times on Steam.

Though, the thing is - they can be a pain-in-the-ass to get the sound-issues fixed to run the game on modern OS's - see here on how to fix.

The alternative to Max Payne 3 Complete for $8 is Max Payne 3 for $8. Might as well take the DLCs.

Please stand up and show yourself, longtime-Gamefly subscriber (fucking coward).

The first part of my reply was more surprise and annoyance at them restricting the full pack but not the single entries, not a comment towards you. So we cool.

And frankly, after what Gamefly did to MobyGames, I really shouldn't even be supporting them with my cash. Neither should anyone else.

Ima longtime Gamefly subscriber ^_^ They just shipped out Batmang on vita for me, I'm happy.

Max Payne 3? Believe me, it's worth. That game is really awesome, über-fun. You can wait for it to be $5 too, maybe a month or two ;)
This just reminded me that soon the season of $5 credits at Amazon will be upon us. Although I have to say, if they don't majorly expand their catalog soon, I don't know how much I'll be picking up from them this year. I feel like I've pretty much cleaned them out of whatever they had that I wanted. Plus, Gaben bux.

The alternative to Max Payne 3 Complete for $8 is Max Payne 3 for $8. Might as well take the DLCs.
They're the same price? [eyebrow raised]

They must want people to buy the MP3 Complete.

Then, yeah - we know what the better deal is there then, obviously.

Though, if one's missing everything Max Payne and wants it all, that Max Payne Complete Package looks sweet - comes w/ EVERYTHING.

Max Payne 3 Complete

Just wanted to mention that the new "Dead Men Walking" survival mode from one of the DLC packs can be played solo (or co-op).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZNmNjEGnc[/youtube]

Thief pack: $3.80 at GMG

after

Voucher-Low-offer-box3.jpg

and you win this

Manor-of-the-Damned_flat-page-header.jpg

It usually says if a game requires Steam right at the top right above the game's Summary.

EDIT:

Example, look here - Steam's listed as required:

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-max-payne-3/5006357
Ok, thanks. I must have just been on a weird streak of like every game I checked not coming with one, lol. I went from TDU2 to Driver to Bioshock to Dirt 2, haha. Oh well. My search for a cheap TDU2 Steam key continues.

Ok, thanks. I must have just been on a weird streak of like every game I checked not coming with one, lol. I went from TDU2 to Driver to Bioshock to Dirt 2, haha. Oh well. My search for a cheap TDU2 Steam key continues.
I don't think I've ever seen a Steam-version of TDU2 sold OUTSIDE of the actual Steam store-front itself.

Also, that game often comes w/ that crappy Securom Internet-activation DRM.

Bioshock 1 is a game that has different DRM at different places.

Bioshock 1 on GameFly uses their own DRM; Retail disc uses Securom Internet activation; and I think Steam-version only uses Steam DRM.

If you're talking about Driver: San Francisco - I think that always requires UPlay everywhere.

I have it directly from Uplay.

I don't have it from GameFly, so someone else can speak on that.

Dirt 2 currently and unfortunately AT LEAST requires G4WL everywhere.

I don't see if listed as a Steam-version on GameFly.

I actually have that game directly from Steam.

gameflyracingsale_zps5cf8ec43.png

gameflyracingsale2_zps3b9bcc6c.png

GFDOCT20 - 20%

Driver (tebow) $5.44 -- Trials (Uplay) $6.39

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/501

14hasheeshkitty
give me steam with deluxxe than we got deal i like my backlog look better on steam than off steam ahah

Amazon gets its jive-azz handed to it once again.

Tebow is everything.

Execpt GOD.

Tebow is merely GOD's son.
oh woohoo

This is true

Tebow is Jesus in cleats
si

{MysterD pays for shitty ROMs}
lollllllllllol u mean he eats roms not pays

Stole this PC screen of Enslaved from neogaf, get your eyeballs ready cause it looks pretty good.

10467143445_ba0fc2e944_o.png

They say it's a straight port of the 360 version with no graphical settings, but you can force whatever kinds of stuff you want through drivers and injectors. It's locked at 60fps but if you edit the config file it unlocks the fps.

I'm thinking Sniper Elite Zombies and FFVII. Haven't heard anything about SEZ, but I did like SE2.
Zombies is ... interesting. It's a lot faster paced than the normal Sniper Elite games. Think Left 4 Dead, only you can only truly kill zombies with headshots or explosions. You won't really be doing much planning in SEZ, other than when fighting against other snipers and the bosses.

It's actually pretty fun if you're playing in co-op with friends. But, playing through the game alone is hell. I did it and those last two levels... ugh.

Oh and Elite difficulty adds sniper rifle stats to the mix, too. The distance and dropoff makes the game a lot tougher.

IDK why namco is even porting stuff like Enslaved. I mean it's a cool game from what I remember but stop fucking around over there. If they ported Tekken/ SC/ Tales games they would be taking in money hand over fist.

You're not down with Canadian child-actors ripping and rhyming and rhyming and ripping?
In all honesty, Drizzy's alright. Like most of the YMCMB Camp - and this actually goes for many artists on major-labels w/ bosses that want them to try to appeal to too many crowds or artists that even want to try this on their own to try to get more fans, I ain't feeling every song they do on an album. They try to do way too much, therefore their studio-album's often come off as glorified mixtapes or would've been better as a EP. Jack of all trades, master of none.

There's a problem in the industry when rappers/MC's often put out better free-mixtapes than actual studio-albums. In most cases, things got backwards - mixtapes became more like albums; albums became more like mixtapes.

Drake's "Take Care" & Lil Wayne's "Carter 4" = all WAY too long. The quality of those albums are all over the place. Cut them down to 30-45 minutes, they might've been much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back