CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
the Payday 2 price is disappointing, I really want to play it since they just added the bank from csgo recently.

*jaw shrug*
iceman.gif

Isn't that the one that sold out really quickly?
10 000 keys were sold out fast due to the one game purchase promo.

Please don't buy Scarygirl. Yes it's cheap, but it's not fun and has serious problems at least on PC (no graphical settings, anti-aliasing, v-sync, and a treasure trove of bugs and glitches). The level designs get progressively worse and the story loses any sort of direction (it's like someone chopped several chapters out of a novel). The controls are sloppy, and all around it squanders it's potential in nearly every way after the first three or so levels (which are infinitely more polished than the rest of the game).

For my full rant -->Steam Review<-- (if you for some reason find this helpful I would certainly appreciate the upvote, if only to counteract the mindless fans that downvote anything negative).
Too late, I already bought that and mini ninja :cry: but I upvoted the review for you.

Big thanks to my secret brawny santa - walkonshadows for his generous gifts, It came as a surprise and joy for me. :wave:

I saw dat from cagdeals on twitter but i think cag meant to say 14 instead of 4 hehe.

Everyone go buy Guacamelee on humble store asap or i will hurt u!!!

Broforce beta is $10 on humblestore also, yay or nay?
Bought! And got a foil card for it. :whee:

Also check out Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, another great game made by the same development company.

Great News! The Amazon AppStore finally sale priced it..

Buy SotMC for $0.99 on mobile and get a steam key. fuck yeah!

I got it for free with my Amazon Coins! :whee:

Thanks Miranda for posting this yesterday! (Amazon was charging $2.99 yesterday.)
click pic for details
1470227_188856394653423_1053420417_n.png
It has cards and the mustang badge rocks. :D

6d5e4dafafb9f59d830dc8045d4526f1d682ea78.png

Can anyone recommend La-Mulana? It's $3.74(75% off) and I'm considering it as I love platformers. I missed it when it when it was bundled :(
The game was 80% off a few times this year, since the deal ends on January 3rd, you may want to wait for it to hit a daily or flash deal to save 75 cents more.

RIPD is awful.

According to forums, RIPD is just a reskinned God Mode.

By my math, that makes God Mode something I will foolishly buy because it has cards.
At least God Mode can support up to 4 players but RIPD is limited to just 2.

I have a question. I want to buy TSW on Steam (Already own it and all patches/issues/updates through the game's separate installer). I am a little confused how the Steam version auto updates itself. If the game updates only when the launcher is launched, then the Steam version doesn't auto update correct? Can anyone who already owns it on Steam comment. Basically I would like to buy it so that I always have a version that is kept up to date automatically and un modded, that I can jump into if my modded version breaks, giving me time to hunt down what broke (hopefully using Curse to do so). But I don't think that it works that way. If all the issues are bought through the game, how the hell does Steam reload that in the event your HD crashes?? I don't see how Steam would know how to do anything other than reload the base game, and I'd have to log back into to force the launcher to update, but that would be invisible to Steam, right?

Big thanks to my secret brawny santa - walkonshadows for his generous gifts, It came as a surprise and joy for me.  :wave: 

:bouncy:

I have a question. I want to buy TSW on Steam (Already own it and all patches/issues/updates through the game's separate installer). I am a little confused how the Steam version auto updates itself. If the game updates only when the launcher is launched, then the Steam version doesn't auto update correct? Can anyone who already owns it on Steam comment. Basically I would like to buy it so that I always have a version that is kept up to date automatically and un modded, that I can jump into if my modded version breaks, giving me time to hunt down what broke (hopefully using Curse to do so). But I don't think that it works that way. If all the issues are bought through the game, how the hell does Steam reload that in the event your HD crashes?? I don't see how Steam would know how to do anything other than reload the base game, and I'd have to log back into to force the launcher to update, but that would be invisible to Steam, right?

Big thanks to my secret brawny santa - walkonshadows for his generous gifts, It came as a surprise and joy for me. :wave:

:bouncy:
I thought it just launched the TSW launcher/updater, but I think someone told me it actually DLs everything from Steam - but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I know it's not just zombies.

I think what's turning me off is the fighting mechanics. I guess the action in DC Universe Online spoiled me.

I also am still struggling to figure out how to craft.

Is the extra $10 for the massive edition worth it?
Don't bother crafting items. Waste of time. Save your mats for glyphs. Unless you don't run dungeons and don't like getting good gear.

Get a crafting addon from curse. Makes life easier if you plan on crafting glyphs and the occasional gadget.

The extra content is good, worth 10 dollars. Adds quite a few hours of extra content. The main reason for the extra issues are the alt weapons you get after finishing them whip, flamethrower etc....and the signets.

Signets are pretty much the only thing worth selling in tsw. You get one blue signet after running the main quest in each issue. Those quests have like a 3 to 4 day cool down timer on them.

From a tip from xanchui and rummaging around in the forums, The Massive edition comes with two CD/fumicom keys, base key (you don't need), and an issue 5-6-7 key. Issues are normally $10/each so, $20 seems good for the issues alone, in addition we should get a spare base key. As well as getting it on steam.

I'm not certain, but all signs point to the steam version using the FumiCom patcher, no the steam auto-updater.

Issues 5-6-7 would be attached to your FumiCom account, so would work with steam/non-steam/friend's 'puter TSW install. MMOs install the same content files for everyone regardless of owning the expansion or not. (Done for two reasons, #1 easier to bughunt/patch when players are only running one version, #2 you'll probably see people wearing stuff from the new xpac.

Thanks Fox and Ashes. I should be able to do what I want, as long as I manually backup (using scheduler) the folder in of itself. TY for the info. Bought.

Beta keys/invites have been selling for huge money on the grey market for years. Difference now is they are being sold legitimately and the devs actually get some of the money.
Perhaps a few of the most anticipated games have had that demand in the past, but this is becoming a trend at all levels. I wouldn't worry much about a company like Blizzard not delivering the goods, but just have a look at the landscape out there and it's positively littered with amazing concepts which fall flat or change for the worse upon delivery.

I have no problem with a developer selling whatever it can, but I know this trend is going to come back to bite more than one person in the ass. Buying something sight-unseen is a gamble. I guess I'm just not much of a gambler.

I really doubt they'll remove GFWL. I don't trust Epic Games since they canned Bulletstorm's sequel because of "piracy". And by that I mean they didn't sell many copies because of GFWL. Removing that crap isn't easy.
Epic has some pretty deep pockets. Not to mention they've got a great track record for support (disclaimer: I actually know quite a few people that work there). I think they'll deliver when push comes to shove.

I'm with you though... the comment on piracy was ridiculous. They had a similar stance when they released Gears of War for the PC like a year after it was on the 360... then saddled it with the wretched GFWL. The intentions were good - the huge amount of additional content was awesome - but I think someone higher up was too busy drinking the Microsoft kool-aid. I'm pretty sure that someone is gone.

How come no one has mentioned the upside-down palm tree globe this time around?
I'm actually a bit sad they aren't doing the daily backgrounds like past big sales. I saved those as wallpapers. These are also a bunch of images put together and not a single image.

edit: oops, the top one changed, but the bottom one didn't.

Beta keys/invites have been selling for huge money on the grey market for years. Difference now is they are being sold legitimately and the devs actually get some of the money.
Sure, but I think hal was talking about betas from new and non-franchise stuff that people wouldn't otherwise give two shits about, now charging.

Does anyone know if this works and won't get you banned?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/1il7uq/guide_how_to_idle_for_card_drops_without/

I want to idle the rest of my games to get their cards, but I also don't want to download about 300 GB of stuff to do so.
I don't want to use that thing. :(
Yeah, as a fellow chvwhore, I don' even wanna DL SAM. But I imagine SAM does the same thing that the redditor describes.

Ok, thanks, I didn't know this. Although I will say I do think I tried to redeem a key for a game I already owned before and it just told me that I already owned the game (in the steam client). I'll check my purchase dates then.

Pretty much this...

Also, if you redeem duplicate games, I don't think it will show in your Steam account details. I recall someone mentioning in the Humble thread that they did this (activated games to their own account which they already owned) and said there was no obvious way to undo those actions.

Also, any unclaimed Humble links will still have the grey logo and gift icon next to them.

Ok, thanks, I didn't know this. Although I will say I do think I tried to redeem a key for a game I already owned before and it just told me that I already owned the game (in the steam client). I'll check my purchase dates then.
Redeeming a key in client, yes, it will notify you that it is a duplicate and not use the key. I don't think Humble's redemption process is that smart yet, however.

Didn't check the thread forgive me if this is a repeat but:

what's the word on blade symphony? Looks kind of fun and that $3 price tag is tempting.

Didn't check the thread forgive me if this is a repeat but:

what's the word on blade symphony? Looks kind of fun and that $3 price tag is tempting.
It's multiplayer only, so that's generally a turn off for a lot of people here. Also it is an early access title, so buy with the knowledge that it may die completely sometime down the road.

I'll vouch for it! Ok, I'm completely biased, as I worked on it a few years back (animation, play-testing). Don't let the "early access" thing scare you; the devs are just total perfectionists. They never want to stop tweaking things, and they take community feedback very seriously. The main designer, Michael Chang, does Google Hangouts where he streams their testing/tweaking. You'll almost certainly play a round against him at some point. He's all about real swordplay and martial arts culture.

tl;dr—support it; it's a labor of love!

The last new items go up Jan 2 (here, at 1pm EST). When those expire, the sale is over (24 hours later, at 12:59pm EST)
right but the last two sales, at least in this situation would have said "Ends Jan 3" because it's Jan 3 at 10 a.m. PST. All of the individual games say Jan. 2 this time around, unlike the last ones.

Bought TSW Massive edition, it does give 2 keys so I have a base key for sale if anyone is interested in it for $8 amazon =) The dlc key redeemed fine on my existing account.

Final Fantasy 8 is at $8 (fitting) and Dead Island Riptide is at $7.50... Should I bite now or is there a chance these will hit Flash sale for cheaper? I'm torn, srsly.

Final Fantasy 8 is at $8 (fitting) and Dead Island Riptide is at $7.50... Should I bite now or is there a chance these will hit Flash sale for cheaper? I'm torn, srsly.
That's probably the cheapest Dead Island will go this sale, FFVIII on the otherhand I would wait til the last day.

Final Fantasy VIII isn't going to get any cheaper (through Steam during this sale) than it is presently as the 33% off it is now is tied to VII's daily deal expiring in 35 hours.  If you really want it at that price, go for it, but most of us here aren't content with anything less than 75% off.

FF8: If you're going to play it soon, sure go for it. If not, well it'll be cheaper in a few months.

Unless it turn up on a better sale on Amazon, GG, GMG, GF, etc in the next two weeks.

I think I've decided after playing more of the trial that The Secret World isn't my thing.

I can see the attraction, but I can't see myself getting too much into it.

when is id games gonna go on sale? I wanna get the hexen pack but waiting for more than 50% off, as well as quake and all doom games

when is id games gonna go on sale? I wanna get the hexen pack but waiting for more than 50% off, as well as quake and all doom games
My Magic-8 ball tells me to have you PM your full name, address, social security number, and favorite movie directed by John Waters for the answer.

I'll vouch for it! Ok, I'm completely biased, as I worked on it a few years back (animation, play-testing). Don't let the "early access" thing scare you; the devs are just total perfectionists. They never want to stop tweaking things, and they take community feedback very seriously. The main designer, Michael Chang, does Google Hangouts where he streams their testing/tweaking. You'll almost certainly play a round against him at some point. He's all about real swordplay and martial arts culture.

tl;dr—support it; it's a labor of love!
Well now I feel like I ought to buy it afterall.

Something as old and out of the public eye as the Hexen stuff getting a flash or daily is not likely (with the obvious exceptions of recent releases like FF7). Those games typically only see good sales if they are  75 percent off the entire event or on Quakecon weekend. I would not wager too much on it being further discounted this sale.

Doom probably though I'd expect to see pop up at 75 percent off sometime. Seems like sometimes they put ALL of the old stuff on sale when they do that but it's not something to count on.

Well, FF8 would more or less be a gift to someone for Christmas and all. But I was burned by the Autumn sale when I bought 7 for $8 for them and the very next day it went to $3.49 Wasn't too happy. I'm considering pulling the trigger on both, but I'd hate for that to happen again. I'm in agreeance that's the cheapest Riptide may be. I guess I can wait a couple of days. Damn that candy-like red trigger button!

Wait until the final hours of the daily deal price to see if anyone else offers it cheaper, then.  Meanwhile, decide if eight dollars is worth it to you for the gift.  If it is, it doesn't matter if it goes a few dollars cheaper soon afterward.

Well now I feel like I ought to buy it afterall.
Give me more confidence that the dev is as dedicated to it as it looked. And this $3 sale certainly helped boost the number of owners -- esp important for a PvP game. That said, multiplayer rarely appeals to me... on which I did before and am trying to rest my don't buy decision.

*shrug* I still own Final Fantasy VIII from back when they released it on CD.
Pfft, I had it on floppies. ;)

Well, FF8 would more or less be a gift to someone for Christmas and all. But I was burned by the Autumn sale when I bought 7 for $8 for them and the very next day it went to $3.49 Wasn't too happy. I'm considering pulling the trigger on both, but I'd hate for that to happen again. I'm in agreeance that's the cheapest Riptide may be. I guess I can wait a couple of days. Damn that candy-like red trigger button!
Read Spoony's guide, linked in the OP. Also get http://www.enhancedsteam.com/

...also FF7 (steam key) was $3 on Uplay in late Oct.

It's multiplayer only, so that's generally a turn off for a lot of people here. Also it is an early access title, so buy with the knowledge that it may die completely sometime down the road.
This is true, but it's also generally a good idea to get multiplayer games you have any interest in as early as possible, especially indie ones. It seems that unless you're a big name like CoD/Battlefield/TF2, the amount of players rapidly drops if you wait too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back