The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

Me wants Greed Corp on the PC. Awesome game on Live but it's dead which sucks balls, hopefully it finds an audience on the PC so I can play with some people. Would also love to see Panzer General: Allied Assault hit the PC. Don't like CCG games but loved this one but it sadly suffered the same fate as Greed Corp on Live

Hope Black Shark hits the sites soon, been wanting to play it but haven't had the gumption to buying a physical copy

Yeah, Greed Corp is dead on PSN as well. I cant wait for it to release on PC since I know about four other people who will buy it, so I'll at least always have people to play it with.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Gah, didn't your old list have Final Fantasy VII and VIII on it? What happened to those?[/QUOTE]

The list I posted today is an addition to the old ones, not a replacement. All the stuff on the old lists that hasn't launched yet (like Worms Reloaded, The Oddbox, Front Mission Evolved, Pac-Man, Bloody Good Time, and Blacklight) still applies.

I'm not able to derive timeframes for most these releases, I'm afraid (except for publicly-announced stuff like Front Mission's multiplatform date of September 14th, for instance), so any of these could happen tomorrow afternoon, or next May, for all I know.

Well, I definitely want Puzzle Quest 2 and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. Future Wars looks good too. Nice list, Coffee.

bit on the monkeyisland/monkey island 2 pack.
never played them before figured it was a good opportunity to check out.

been playing a bit of chains from the summer sale, im really enjoying it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The list I posted today is an addition to the old ones, not a replacement. All the stuff on the old lists that hasn't launched yet (like Worms Reloaded, The Oddbox, Front Mission Evolved, Pac-Man, Bloody Good Time, and Blacklight) still applies.

I'm not able to derive timeframes for most these releases, I'm afraid (except for publicly-announced stuff like Front Mission's multiplatform date of September 14th, for instance), so any of these could happen tomorrow afternoon, or next May, for all I know.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, cool.

You know, I really wish I had bought Magic on steam when you got the DLC for pre-ordering it. While I have it on XBLA and play it all the time, getting it on PC for $10 would have been just fine since I can't get enough of it.

I have yet to get into MTG DotP since FO3 and all of it's DLCs have kept me busy. Definitely need to get into it so eastx can school me.

Hey guys, I planned a Killing Floor gaming event for tomorrow night (~6pm PST) if anyone is interested! I've no clue how to set up a server, so I invite everyone to come to the CAG Steam group chat tomorrow at 6pm to teach me how to get some games going. I haven't seen much activity going on (event-wise), so I'm hoping this sparks it up some.

[quote name='aTOH']Hey guys, I planned a Killing Floor gaming event for tomorrow night (~6pm PST) if anyone is interested! I've no clue how to set up a server, so I invite everyone to come to the CAG Steam group chat tomorrow at 6pm to teach me how to get some games going. I haven't seen much activity going on (event-wise), so I'm hoping this sparks it up some.[/QUOTE]

I'll do my best to make it. Haven't even played Killing Floor yet. Would like to give it a go.

- Jim
https://steamcommunity.com/id/forthejim

Alright - who's the asshole that recommended Defense Grid during the winter sale? I just started playing it today and I am now wondering where Tower Defense games have been all my life. I don't even want to know how many hours I played it today. I can't believe that a game that good was that cheap.

So whoever was responsible for recommending it, I hope you lose sleep tonight knowing that I got piss-all done today because of you.

Oh, and uh, thanks. It's freakin' sweet!

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Alright - who's the asshole that recommended Defense Grid during the winter sale? I just started playing it today and I am now wondering where Tower Defense games have been all my life. I don't even want to know how many hours I played it today. I can't believe that a game that good was that cheap.

So whoever was responsible for recommending it, I hope you lose sleep tonight knowing that I got piss-all done today because of you.

Oh, and uh, thanks. It's freakin' sweet![/QUOTE]

Buy Plants vs Zombies when you're done with Defense Grid. Be prepared to say goodbye to another few days.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Buy Plants vs Zombies when you're done with Defense Grid. Be prepared to say goodbye to another few days.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what happened to me. Played through the main game twice, and then farmed the Zombie Endless with the pool. Just HAD to get everything!

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Buy Plants vs Zombies when you're done with Defense Grid. Be prepared to say goodbye to another few days.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully it's not on sale, so I can hold off for now.

Curse you, CAG community and your great game recommendations! Curse you!

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Alright - who's the asshole that recommended Defense Grid during the winter sale? I just started playing it today and I am now wondering where Tower Defense games have been all my life. I don't even want to know how many hours I played it today. I can't believe that a game that good was that cheap.

Oh, and uh, thanks. It's freakin' sweet![/QUOTE]

anyone else run into the ATI low FPS issue? haven't been able to play it due to that

[quote name='VGmnk']anyone else run into the ATI low FPS issue? haven't been able to play it due to that[/QUOTE]

I have an HD4950 and the game runs smooth as butter.

I honestly don't get the fascination for this game. Got it for free in a contest and about an hour in it was still just so slow. I'm sure it picks up but it seemed fairly run-of-the-mill with good graphics.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I honestly don't get the fascination for this game. Got it for free in a contest and about an hour in it was still just so slow. I'm sure it picks up but it seemed fairly run-of-the-mill with good graphics.[/QUOTE]

I think you may have a point, my guess is that PvZ was such a great game, and Defense Grid happened to be the 2nd best around atm.

Good graphics? :s Slow?

I thought most people would be bored by the graphics (though I actually agree; they might not be technical marvels, but they're great to look at).

It definitely speeds up. Honestly I don't care much for the furious clicking of RTS or tower-defense games.

Weekend deal is Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, 50% off ($9.99). Free weekend, as well.

Pretty meh, considering that the bundle of both was $7.50 last week.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey I have a Q : If I purchase the Call of Duty Bundle on Direct2Drive for $30 will I be able to play with friends who have it on steam ? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is no difference with the games besides the method you used to buy and download.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Weekend deal is Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, 50% off ($9.99). Free weekend, as well.

Pretty meh, considering that the bundle of both was $7.50 last week.[/QUOTE]

I'm still kicking myself over that one.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Weekend deal is Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, 50% off ($9.99). Free weekend, as well.

Pretty meh, considering that the bundle of both was $7.50 last week.[/QUOTE]

That's so weird, why wouldn't they just do a different game that didn't go on sale?

[quote name='aTOH']How do you guys like my timing for the Killing Floor event? #-o[/QUOTE]

Ah, didn't know it was going on...maybe next time

[quote name='VGmnk']Ah, didn't know it was going on...maybe next time[/QUOTE]

I think it's because Steam was no worky worky when the event was supposed to go on. At least it wasn't for me. Kept saying it wasn't connected.

So about the Serious Sam free weekend. I got a newsflash thing, and I clicked the "pre-load" button. It did not start pre-loading, though, and I dunno how to get the button back.

Now what? Am I screwt?

It didn't pop up again for me, though I couldn't even hazard a guess as to why. Steam doesn't want to give me free gameplay??? :(

I gotta say, I always pre-download these free weekend games, and then I forget to play them. I wanted to make sure to play it this time. :)

I checked that, too. It doesn't seem to for me, unless I'm missing it.

Another thing someone might know the answer to. Why doesn't the downloader occasionally "suspend" downloads? What's the deal?

Whoa, I gotta say, for anyone who didn't (or did?) pick up Mount and Blade: Warband... it rocks. I played the Mount and Blade demo and liked its ideas but thought it felt like a clunky, awful alpha version. Warband feels like a "real game". It's great. You have to like RPGs, and you have to not mind some actiony stuff in them. I'm really impressed, though. Yay, I can finally live out my medieval fantasy life.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I checked that, too. It doesn't seem to for me, unless I'm missing it.

Another thing someone might know the answer to. Why doesn't the downloader occasionally "suspend" downloads? What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Same problem, seems to me they prematurely put the button up that points to a download link that does nothing. They'll fix it I'm sure.

I dunno if anyone is interested or on the fence or whatever about Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition, but it's fantastic. I was a little iffy about the first one, particularly the art. Something about it just felt funny.

However, I think they took feedback pretty constructively. Monkey 2 Special is fantastic. It really does retain the look and vibe of the original game, even more than the first one, not to mention they've streamlined the interface and added more extras (audio commentary, for instance, achievements...).

Wish they would have kept the original credit sequence with the monkeys, though. I wonder if it's still in there somewhere. They also ditched the Easy Mode option from the original. That's a shame. It was kind of like Zelda's first quest and second quest. I would have enjoyed played through Easy Mode first for lulz. I always enjoyed how the normal mode remixed easy.

I'm writing about this here because i have no idea where else I'd write about it.

Yeah MI2SE is kind of a horrible piece of shit, and actually fucks up the "classic" mode, as well, which is completely unforgivable. With MI1 SE, they were at least decent enough to leave the classic mode intact (even though the remake portion totally fucking sucked due to ugly graphics). What they did to iMuse, in both classic and SE mode, is completely and utterly unforgivable. iMuse was probably the coolest thing to ever happen to videogame audio, and they butchered it. Literally, zero effort from LucasArts. Shameful.

So, yeah, LucasArts botched both remakes. Great job guys! These deserved some sort of ultimate editions, not this shoddy thing. Oh well, at least the commentary is fun, and the voices are nice to have, at long last.

I'm guessing they won't even bother with MI3, which is fine, because I'm tired of LucasArts sucking so bad at everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloaded the SS free weekend and much to my chagrin there is no single player/co-op available, just the multiplayer modes which I had little to no interest in.

Well, I don't hate the Monkey remakes quite that much. My main beef with the first was the art style, particularly how stupid Guybrush looked. I didn't play the classic mode. If I wanted to do that, I'd just use SCUMMVM and play the original.

My main beefs with the second are the lack of the credit sequence and "light" mode. That's sad. I might just have to play the original again in lite mode before I play the remake.

It's a shame about iMuse. Seems like the lazy way out. BUT, that said, the actual Monkey 2 music sounds better than ever. It never came across all that well in the original, I didn't think, at least not as well as the music in the first Monkey did, but now, wow. (I actually played Monkey 1 and 2 original with the PC speaker, and regardless of how bad the speaker sounded, LucasArts was a master at getting the main melody across, and I think it was more evident in the PC speaker versions than in the fancy ones how strong the songs were.)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just downloaded the SS free weekend and much to my chagrin there is no single player/co-op available, just the multiplayer modes which I had little to no interest in.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that kinda effs it up for me, too. How lame. Some "free weekend". They might as well have just released a demo.

[quote name='Mike UFC']I have yet to get into MTG DotP since FO3 and all of it's DLCs have kept me busy. Definitely need to get into it so eastx can school me.[/QUOTE]

It's what I do! And yes, shame on those of you who preordered Magic and still haven't played it yet (*dirty look at DukeEdward too*). It takes like 20 minutes or less to do the tutorial and then you know how to play! Unlocking cards (so that you can actually be competitive in multiplayer) takes longer, but the sooner you get started, the better.

Also, whoever said Plants vs Zombies isn't that special is soooo wrong. I put 62 hours into that game and I would have played longer if there was anything else to unlock. It's Popcap's masterpiece and I will buy the sequel (no release date yet) on day one.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just downloaded the SS free weekend and much to my chagrin there is no single player/co-op available, just the multiplayer modes which I had little to no interest in.[/QUOTE]

that blows, i was anticipating some cag co-op this weekend, thats the best part of the game IMO.

I was thinking the same thing but I tried out the multiplayer and it was the most fun I've had in a competitive FPS since I first played counter strike many years ago. It's pretty awesome and definitely worth trying out. I think I'm gonna pick it up but does anyone know if there's a decent size community for it?

Actuallly, now that I try SS, there is a bit of single-player content, and I think there's some co-op, too. It's basically like a timed, extended demo.

Yep, Magic is a lot of fun! I haven't played it with anyone yet, but I've enjoyed playing against the computer and unlocking some stuff. They should do a version for Nintendo DS where there's a single-player RPG mode, and then perhaps local and internet multiplayer...

I'd buy Plants vs. Zombies if there was a really good deal on it. :) I liked the demo a lot. I'm just not very good at RTS and other types of games where you must click madly.

[quote name='eastx']It's what I do! And yes, shame on those of you who preordered Magic and still haven't played it yet (*dirty look at DukeEdward too*). It takes like 20 minutes or less to do the tutorial and then you know how to play! Unlocking cards (so that you can actually be competitive in multiplayer) takes longer, but the sooner you get started, the better.
[/QUOTE]

I blame the Capital Wasteland. I am completely addicted to FO3. I finished the main campaign 6 play hours ago and am trying to complete my bobblehead collection. I have time to play through the tutorial of MTG so I'll definitely try to get some time put in.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']BUT, that said, the actual Monkey 2 music sounds better than ever. It never came across all that well in the original, I didn't think, at least not as well as the music in the first Monkey did, but now, wow. (I actually played Monkey 1 and 2 original with the PC speaker, and regardless of how bad the speaker sounded, LucasArts was a master at getting the main melody across, and I think it was more evident in the PC speaker versions than in the fancy ones how strong the songs were.)[/quote]

I'll have to disagree. Roland MT-32 is where it's at. Unbeatable.

bread's done
Back