The Steve "Dr. Death" Williams Memorial Wrestling Thread

9:00 can't come fast enough. And this is coming from someone who expects Raw to suck badly.

All TNA has done is kill any nostagia I have for Hogan-era WCW. Motorcade progress updates? Really?

*Edit* - someone stuck a tire pump in Scott Hall's face?

[quote name='KaneRobot']All TNA has done is kill any nostagia I have for Hogan-era WCW. Motorcade progress updates? Really?[/QUOTE]

Lee Marshall is on the scene, yo.

TNA needs to slow their program down. Jesus fucking christ, they've run through a fuckload of content in 45 minutes.

Exactly. I love how they have debuted nearly half a dozen "huge surprises" at this point, yet still haven't been able to create any compelling television.

Yeah they are. They're throwing a bunch of shit out their too quickly.

Exactly. I love how they have debuted nearly half a dozen "huge surprises" at this point, yet still haven't been able to create any compelling television.

I'd tell them to take it easy, but I don't want to be accused of WEASEL-ing any complaints in that aren't warranted. I'm Lee Marshall for 1-800-COLLECT!

[quote name='mykevermin']Lee Marshall is on the scene, yo.

TNA needs to slow their program down. Jesus fucking christ, they've run through a fuckload of content in 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I love how they have debuted nearly half a dozen "huge surprises" at this point, 45 minutes in, yet still haven't been able to create any compelling television.

I'd tell them to take it easy, but I don't want to be accused of WEASEL-ing any complaints in that aren't warranted. I'm Lee Marshall for 1-800-COLLECT!

[quote name='mykevermin']Lee Marshall is on the scene, yo.

TNA needs to slow their program down. Jesus fucking christ, they've run through a fuckload of content in 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I love how they have debuted nearly half a dozen "huge surprises" at this point, 45 minutes in, yet still haven't been able to create any compelling television.

I'd tell them to take it easy, but I don't want to be accused of WEASEL-ing in complaints! I'm Lee Marshall for 1-800-COLLECT!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']They say Hogan isn't alone...

Could you imagine if Shane McMahon is by his side?[/QUOTE]

Well, they already blew their wad on Flair. Who else could it be? The Nasty Boys? "Brother Bruti"? David Flair? David Arquette?

I'll give you a "plausible, but unlikely" on that claim.

If TNA said Hall wasn't allowed in b/c he no-showed and was persona non grata in TNA, that would make loads of sense. But they didn't. And now they're in the impact zone. What rebels - wrestling's problem is that so many people violate the silly rules and expectations of behavior so frequently that fans always see through shit that's shown on air.

My wife walked by as the beautiful people segment was on. It was one of those moments where she didn't have to say anything at all, but look at the tv - and there I was, embarrassed as fuck to be a wrestling fan. Thanks, TNA.

Instead of spending the first hour getting people hooked and making them want to not switch to RAW, TNA is doing the opposite.

Bryan Danielson worked the dark match at Raw tonight.

I shoulda drove to Dayton.

EDIT: :rofl: at the crying white trash in the front row. this ain't the Beatles, sweetheart.

I think I'm going to switch over when RAW starts because this shit is a mess. I'll check out Bret Hart for a few minutes and see what's going on with that.

Sorry Hulkster, milking yet another crowd reaction for 5 minutes isn't going to prevent anyone from switching over. fucking idiots.

I'd like to watch the other two hours of TNA, but my DVR is busy recording both WWE and Heroes, so I guess I'll have to catch it on YouTube. Shame nothing terribly interesting happened in the first hour.

WWE changed the intro video to not include Hulk and replaced him with Million Dollar Man saying "Everyone has a price". I knew they were going to that.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Bret saying "WWE Universe" makes me sad.[/QUOTE]

Me too, and I didn't even grow up watching Bret or wrestling in the mid-90's :/.

They redid Bret Hart's theme music? And HBK gets to keep 1991 synth and "sexy boy"? The world is cruel and unfair.

EDIT: Meanwhile, back at the ranch, TNA is reminding me why the Monday Night Wars originally ended.

[quote name='moonknight25']Lukewarm response for Bret???...[/QUOTE]

Ohio crowds aren't very hot. That said, I'm marking out huge for this.

[quote name='lmz00']Jesus Christ, Bret looks like an even older version of Ozzy Osbourne (and with less hair).[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I was thinking.

This crap makes me wish I was watching TNA right now. Never cared for Bret Hart, anyway.

Can't help but look in the front row and wonder which of those losers bought the ticket I sold on StubHub.

bread's done
Back