The Summer OTT Extravaganza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DT778']It was good. Favorite part was an Angola player talking about Barkley, "they told us to watch out for a feisty player, a fat boy, in the paint." something like that. Barkley wasn't fat back then but he was about twice as thick as the skinny Angola players.[/QUOTE]

Just finished watching it, I laughed hard at Stockton walking around the streets of Barcelona completely unnoticed.

I'm selling my Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition :360:. I just want my money back at this point. Any takers? It's brand new.

Maybe we'll go to Applebee's for father day. Bleh.
I have a $20 gift card for them that was a birthday gift. Don't think I've been to applebees in 5 years. Could care less, but really have to do -something- with that gift card.

Wouldn't mind going to Red Robin or local place for a burger. If the kids would behave, we could go to the Indian food buffet place. Ordriving way out to the mall that has fast Indian food in their food court)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to really enjoy Applebees but they've definitely gone downhill. At this point they're pretty much the Denny's of BBQ and steak. Not worth it anymore.

I still like Applebee's. Except for their steak. I think every steak I've had there was very chewy. But their Trio thing they have with the shrimp, sliders, and hot wings is pretty good.

Red Robin definitely has better burgers. The one with the egg on top is brilliant.

[quote name='lordwow']Applebee's is about the most mediocre food ever. It is just devoid of anything being good or special about it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Along with subpar food, you get subpar service. YMMV.

I'd say it's average, not necessarily sub-par. You know what you're going to get when you go there. Just nothing super special about it. Like when you order a pizza. Pizza tastes good, you know what you're going to get, nothing super special about it, but still tastes good.

I would probably rank Chili's about the same level as Applebee's, too.

Chili's, Applebees, Fridays, all the same mediocre trans fat laden foods made by a linecook named Javier stoned out of his mind. I think if it wern't for online dating, these places would go outta business.

Probably varies by location, the Applebee's near our house is pretty good but yeah Red Robin is way better.

Should have held on for a last second game winning three. Going for a two to tie with ten seconds left was some garbage play. Durant makes the shot. Miami scores last second shot. fuck that. Three for the win.

[quote name='lordwow']Applebee's is about the most mediocre food ever. It is just devoid of anything being good or special about it.[/QUOTE]
I remember an ex used to call it Applesleeze for such reason

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Chili's, Applebees, Fridays, all the same mediocre trans fat laden foods made by a linecook named Javier stoned out of his mind. I think if it wern't for online dating, these places would go outta business.[/QUOTE]

I actually met my wife online, but I went classy, our first actual date was at the Melting Pot.

Morning, OTT.

Number83.5 called me from Ocean City, MD last night...first time all week since he's been down there for Senior Week. Guess why he called (Winner gets an 'Atta Guy').

1) "Dad, I'm in Jail...Come bail me out."
2) "Dad, I'm out of money...can you put some in my account. I'll pay you back when I find a summer job."
3) "Dad, I just wanted to call to say thanks for everything you do for me and being there. I love you!"
4) "Dad, I'm drunk and I think the condom broke...what doI do?!?!"

Granted, I'm glad he checked in, but calling the house at 1:30am just to talk to me has my wife asking all kinds of questions.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Number83.5 called me from Ocean City, MD last night...first time all week since he's been down there for Senior Week. Guess why he called (Winner gets an 'Atta Guy').

2) "Dad, I'm out of money...can you put some in my account. I'll pay you back when I find a summer job."
3) "Dad, I just wanted to call to say thanks for everything you do for me and being there. I love you!"

Granted, I'm glad he checked in, but calling the house at 1:30am just to talk to me has my wife asking all kinds of questions.[/QUOTE]

I'll go with 2. Which is still better than what I hit my dad with when I went to Ocean City, MD for senior week ... "Dad gueth wha? I got my dung pierthed!"

I would say #2 if he was in Atlantic City. However, I also assume he's probably not old enough to gamble.

I want to say #1, but instead I shall go with #4. To be different, and well...no other reason really since I don't know your son. :razz:

That's true.
The last time I went to Red Robin was nothing special either. Most chain places won't really give you a burger that's slightly pink and juicy.
I've gotten better burgers from local places tucked away in strip malls.

Alas. I'll have to look into some of those gift card trading websites to see if I can pawn this Applebees off on someone.

And now for the weekend. Hopefully a quiet night at work where I can read my book, and then plenty of sunshine. Chance to take one kid to the pool and hopefully finish off the vice desk in LA Noire.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Granted, I'm glad he checked in, but calling the house at 1:30am just to talk to me has my wife asking all kinds of questions.[/QUOTE]

All 4 of these responses make me wish my kids remain socially akward and stay at home forever.

[quote name='seanr1221']My parents are down ocean city MD. My dad said the seniors are being little shits. Think your kid is one?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. He's a pretty respectful kid.

Are they near the Tidelands Caribbean Hotel?

Just about weekend time, what does everyone have going on? I assume the usual eating on the couch and falling asleep in the same place, but besides that...

Just editing a short story in hopes of it being published within the next month, watching baseball and CEO 2012, and playing more Skyrim.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Just about weekend time, what does everyone have going on? I assume the usual eating on the couch and falling asleep in the same place, but besides that...[/QUOTE]

Working. :( Going to be a long weekend, since the closing manager is the one girl that is just a pain in the ass for us cart attendants. And I'm carts both nights.

Not off again until Monday.

[quote name='DT778']Haahaha. "Wait, do you play for the team?"[/QUOTE]

The only part that irked me is that they kept saying only 11 members were going to be hall of famers. Laettner is going in the hof on his college career so everyone on that team is going to be a hof.

[quote name='Number83']I don't think so. He's a pretty respectful kid.

Are they near the Tidelands Caribbean Hotel?[/QUOTE]

I know he takes after his dad, so it wasn't him :grouphug:

Not sure exactly where they are. They were complaining about teens shouting so loudly outside around 2-3am it was waking them up, even with the windows closed.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The only part that irked me is that they kept saying only 11 members were going to be hall of famers. Laettner is going in the hof on his college career so everyone on that team is going to be a hof.[/QUOTE]The NBA doesn't even have it's own HoF. There is just like a general HoF for all basketball. Pros, college, women, significant contributors, etc. Don't know if you knew that. I don't even care for the basketball hall so it doesn't bother me.

edit: Misread what you posted. He should be in there with the team also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the grocery store tonight? Or wait until tomorrow when something I need might be on sale.
First world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back