The "tiredfornow was right the whole time" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='darthbudge']What frickin' rock have you been living under Wolve?[/quote]

I think this generation with gamercards and the constant and easy display of what each person is playing this has become a bigger issue. With the old Xbox and PS2 people didn't know what they were playing and the issue of who had what game and when wasn't noticed. So even though people were playing games and talking about them before they came out back then, it wasn't frowned upon because it was unconfirmable whether they had it or not. Now with the ease of pulling up a friends list you can easily see who is playing what and who has what game early. Those with the game early are then inferred as the pirates. Basically my point is that the issue is finally being addressed this gen and not last gen.

[quote name='Wolve11']*snip*[/quote]

You can't say for sure that those people are pirates, you can only infer that they are.

Inference =/= proof

[quote name='manthing']You can't say for sure that those people are pirates, you can only infer that they are.

Inference =/= proof[/quote]

This.

[quote name='manthing']You can't say for sure that those people are pirates, you can only infer that they are.

Inference =/= proof[/QUOTE]

Man you don't have to infer much, have you read some of the posts in here before they got deleted.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I still buy titles that I enjoy based on my own early impressions. Gotta support the devs, ya know?[/quote]

This!

Also:

:rofl:

media

[quote name='crystalklear64']I didn't even know it was an issue to talk about a game you played?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not seeing the issue about early impressions either. :whistle2:?

I do see the issue with ''Man, I'm downloading Rock Band 2, TNA Impact, and Dead Space and its going so fuckin' fast!'' *shrugs*

What do I know?

Are we going to go back to, "Great story today guys! You see, I was walking home from my RIAA meeting (down with piracy!) and I noticed this box on the side of the road. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was none other than Fable 2! Imagine my surprise! Normally, I would turn something like this into my nearest mircrosoft retailer, but I thought nah forget it yo homes to bel-air."

I just want to know where the line is drawn? Why are we only going to look at people who post impressions of games early? A lot of people on this site steal games and play ROMs on their computer, download music, watch movies on their PC, etc. I don't see how singling out one group for what they do is exactly fair. By nature this site attracts people who are cheap and a lot of cheap people steal shit. That is just the nature of the beast.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I still buy titles that I enjoy based on my own early impressions. Gotta support the devs, ya know?[/quote]

Are you actually buying Rock Band 2?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I just want to know where the line is drawn? Why are we only going to look at people who post impressions of games early? A lot of people on this site steal games and play ROMs on their computer, download music, watch movies on their PC, etc. I don't see how singling out one group for what they do is exactly fair. By nature this site attracts people who are cheap and a lot of cheap people steal shit. That is just the nature of the beast.[/QUOTE]

Ya, but people who download music, watch movies or download TV shows don't affect the bottom line of the site. At least significantly.

nintick.png

I like how they gave absolutely no heads-up on what day they were going to put them up, I've been checking the site every other day for like 3 weeks straight and they were listed as TBA until a couple hours before they went up(yesterday, at like 5PM CST and I just checked on a whim this morning.) :cool:

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, but people who download music, watch movies or download TV shows don't affect the bottom line of the site. At least significantly.[/quote]

I find that argument to be laughable. So I guess Cheapy should delete the posts of people who post deals for B&M only deals since he won't make any money off of those?

As an addendum to that argument, factor in high def movies and deepdiscount sales. I bet Cheapy gets a huge spike in sales when they hit. Like I said, you can't have a sticking point for one facet of the game and not for another. Plus it is much easier to pirate what was mentioned earlier than next gen games.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I find that argument to be laughable. So I guess Cheapy should ban all people who post deals for B&M only deals since he won't make any money off of those?[/QUOTE]

I guess that's a fair counter-argument, but I still think that there's a pretty direct correlation between people downloading games and a loss in revenue from these people. If you ran a movie theater, you wouldn't encourage people to download films.

I think the bottom line is this. Unless a person is clearly and definately saying that they downloaded games illegally, then it should be don't ask, don't tell.

The reason why devs let their games get reviewed early is to build hype. That is exactly the same the thing that happens if some Joe off of the street gets a copy of reviews it. It builds hype.

Like the magical MS points truck.

Driver 1: Oh look Carl, its a speed bump. I bet you can't take it at 60!

Driver 2: Oh yea!?

*later*

Unassuming cag member: Hey look, free ms points. These must have fallen off a truck.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Are you really that big that you need two seats, TheMojimboKnight?

____ damn![/QUOTE]You're a $$$$$$. Good looking catching that shit in Mexico. :cool:

Those points didn't fall off a truck, crystalklear64.

We just ran straight up to the driver and put a pistol to his nose.

EDIT: Jesus, TheMojimboKnight, calm down. I wish you didn't get so upset over me poking fun at you. :[

[quote name='lordwow']I guess that's a fair counter-argument, but I still think that there's a pretty direct correlation between people downloading games and a loss in revenue from these people. If you ran a movie theater, you wouldn't encourage people to download films.[/quote]

That is a bad example. Movie theaters make their money from just one thing. This site makes money off a number of different items. Apples and Oranges.

[quote name='prmononoke']Sweet. The UNL network apparently allows torrents. And my connection is green, too.[/QUOTE]

Well they wouldn't want you to bore yourself to death up there ;)

[quote name='lordwow']Well they wouldn't want you to bore yourself to death up there ;)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's a slam against Nebraska, and I readily accept it.

But, for clarification purposes, I don't actually live on campus. I'm just sitting in the union between classes.

That is true. They get people in the door for the movie, but the majority of the money they make stems from concessions. That is what keeps their business alive. Not people coming into watch the movies.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, Popcorn.[/quote]

Nah man, its about them hot dogs. $6.50 for the same size I can get at Target with a drink for $2.

[quote name='TheRock88']Nah man, its about them hot dogs. $6.50 for the same size I can get at Target with a drink for $2.[/quote]

Don't forget the Skill Crane and the Primal Rage arcade game! Just so tempting while waiting in line.

[quote name='crystalklear64']aha!

Sneaking in food/drink to a movie theater is like piracy![/QUOTE]

Holy shit, then that makes me Davy Jones :shock:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Gonna pick up the bundle when it comes out.

Why?[/quote]

Because you had mentioned supporting the developer. I just figured that if there is a developer to support, Harmonix is it. Trust me, if I had early access like you do, I would fully take advantage of it. And I'd still buy the game. I have no problem with piracy, honestly.

My mentality is similar to your mentality, I think. Try the games, if I love them enough, buy them.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Like the magical MS points truck.

Driver 1: Oh look Carl, its a speed bump. I bet you can't take it at 60!

Driver 2: Oh yea!?

*later*

Unassuming cag member: Hey look, free ms points. These must have fallen off a truck.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='crystalklear64']aha!

Sneaking in food/drink to a movie theater is like piracy![/QUOTE]

you're on a roll...

[quote name='manthing']I already have my Rock Band 2 fully paid for at Gamestop.

I can't wait to pick it up on Sunday!!!

:bouncy:[/quote]

Did you ever pick up drums, mang? I know you didn't have them the one time I played with you.

[quote name='prmononoke']Did you ever pick up drums, mang? I know you didn't have them the one time I played with you.[/quote]

Yup, got a set for $25 of Craigslist a few weeks back.

But I only played like 2 songs on them

on easy. And I only 3 starred them :whistle2:$

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back